Super Speed vs. Drive 400

I didn’t know ssg had strength development. Drive 400 is comprehensive - mobility, speed drills, strength. I am thinking I would get ssg mainly for the nice tools with speed radar. Is it also an exercise regimen? I was just seeing 10 minutes 3x/week kind of thing. Drive 400 takes at least an hour to do, realistically more.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

> @wmblake2000 said:

> I didn’t know ssg had strength development. Drive 400 is comprehensive - mobility, speed drills, strength. I am thinking I would get ssg mainly for the nice tools with speed radar. Is it also an exercise regimen? I was just seeing 10 minutes 3x/week kind of thing. Drive 400 takes at least an hour to do, realistically more.

You are correct, and no, SSG is NOT a comprehensive program comparable to Drive 400. I was really thinking only in terms of the swing component of Drive 400. Thanks for clarifying.

Hey guys,

I've tried Super Speed. It's a good program, I'm not going to say it's not, it is, but it's very different than Drive 400. Whereas Super Speed is mainly a swinging program, Drive 400 is much more comprehensive (that doesn't mean complicated, it's very straight forward) and doesn't require the purchase of weighted clubs. Drive 400 is also only $24.95 as opposed to $200 for Super Speed + $100 if you want the swing radar.

**Drive 400**

* $24.95

* "Swing-Prep" - Includes soft tissue, mobility, flexibility, stability, & nervous system activation programs.

* The mental side to swinging fast guide (this can really change your swing-speed in a hurry. It's very overlooked).

* A fully comprehensive swing-speed program that only requires your driver.

* It comes with a Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced, fully comprehensive Strength Training program.

* A forearm and grip strengthening program

* A nutrition & sleep guidebook.

* Swing-speed and ball-speed tips

* It's modular and customizable. You can pick and choose what aspects of the program you want to utilize.

* All videos are recorded in 4K resolution.

* Everything is laid out very clearly.

* Everything is accessible on your phone, tablet or laptop.

I don't want to sound like I'm full of crap or hard selling, but in all honesty, the program really does work. If you follow it properly, I can absolutely assure you you're going to increase your swing-speed considerably... and long term. It's also going to make you a lot stronger, more mobile, flexible and a far better athlete, as well as reduce your aches and pains. I realize that sounds too good to be true but it really isn't.

My goal starting out was to just make Drive 400 a program with really great value. I felt like the Golf Industry could use something like this, so I took everything I've learned playing Professional Baseball, College Basketball and Long Drive, as well as all the latest cutting edge information in strength training and and applied it to Golf. So far the results have been very encouraging.

Here is an overview of everything if you're interested - [https://puredistancegolf.com/drive400/](https://www.puredistancegolf.com/drive400/ "https://puredistancegolf.com/drive400/")

But ya, for $24.95, I'm pretty darn confident you won't be disappointed.

If you guys have any questions, by all means, let me know. I'm here to help.

Thanks,

Rob.

> @bluedot said:

> > @wmblake2000 said:

> > I didn’t know ssg had strength development. Drive 400 is comprehensive - mobility, speed drills, strength. I am thinking I would get ssg mainly for the nice tools with speed radar. Is it also an exercise regimen? I was just seeing 10 minutes 3x/week kind of thing. Drive 400 takes at least an hour to do, realistically more.

>

> You are correct, and no, SSG is NOT a comprehensive program comparable to Drive 400. I was really thinking only in terms of the swing component of Drive 400. Thanks for clarifying.

In terms of just the swing part, Drive 400 has a pretty different regimen from SSG. One legged, one armed, using a club and not lighter tools, etc. I couldn't start to compare value/impact/benefit of the two. As Rob pointed out, at $25 Drive 400 is one of the real bargains in golf. All he described in his note is a fair summary from my experience with it.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

$25 for Drive400 is a STEAL. Well worth the price. I've used it for the mobility and strength but due to an injury, didn't want to risk doing the speed component. I've gained about 10mph in driver CHS just from the gym/mobility (previously from about 105-106mph to around 115mph).

• Like 1

Tsi3 7.25* Velocore Black 6x

Tsi3 16.5* Tensei Raw White 75x

TM P770 3i Velocore Black HB 9x

Mizuno YORO MP5 4-PW - Modus 120x

TM MG 51*, 55*

TM Hi Toe 64*

Yamada Emperor 34"

Snell MTBx

The swing-speed exercises can be performed anywhere you have room to swing.

Swing-Prep can be done at home - mobility, soft tissue work, flexibility, stability, nervous system activation.

Takes about 20 min. Should be done before a round or the swing-speed exercises. This alone can completely change the way you feel, move and perform on and off the course. So many people in general, not just golfers, have years of of accumulated muscle tightness and scar tissue that affects their well being and golf game. This can really help with that in a short amount of time.

The strength training aspect, most of it, requires a standard gym setup.

Hope this helps.

Rob.

• Like 1

> @lhahn said:

> $25 for Drive400 is a STEAL. Well worth the price. I've used it for the mobility and strength but due to an injury, didn't want to risk doing the speed component. I've gained about 10mph in driver CHS just from the gym/mobility (previously from about 105-106mph to around 115mph).

Impressive. Glad you're seeing results, man.

It's hard to promote the program without sounding like I'm full of crap, but it really does work. And fast. Just pick and choose and do what you can. It's all going to help.

Rob.

> @flanmou said:

> One thing I haven't seen discussed much: does adding SS through these programs worse swing flaws? I've done the Drive400 program (to the extent possible) but I've seen some worsening of my swing issues. I do pick up SS but at the expense of path and contact.

The owners of SS will tell you that they have seen people's technique improve as a result of the training. I've also read about people saying that it made their swing mechanics worse. My current working theory (so this is 100% opinion back with no hard evidence) is that both groups are correct, but there are a couple factors at play here.

1. Willingness to experiment during speed training. If you simply try to "swing harder", you might pick up some speed (provided that you aren't already at the "limits" for your current technique), but you are still moving in the same way -- just faster. However, if you are willing to experiment and try new things to see what makes you swing faster, you might find your mechanics change. If you find a new technique that makes you swing faster, it's probably going to be a more efficient technique and be something worth implementing in a real golf swing.

2. Your ability to square the clubface after the newfound "speed". If your speed came from simply "swinging harder", then it will possibly amplify any swing flaws you have. Slices will slice more, draws will draw more. If your speed came from improved technique, your clubface could be way out of position at impact. This can result in some pretty nasty shanks and causes many people to abandon that technique. In many cases, though, that technique is actually a "better" technique, and they just need to learn a different way to square the clubface. I've recently started to really learn/feel what it means to actually turn my body through the ball. This has resulted in some pretty nasty shanks. However, in working with my instructor, it didn't take long for me to figure out that I just needed to not be as active with my arms, wrists and hands. If I didn't have the feedback of an instructor while hitting those shanks, I very likely could have easily overlooked the fact that I was swinging much more efficiently and had no idea how to square the clubface.

I did super speed golf all winter and didn't hit balls much if at all throughout the process. My swing was horribly bad when I started out this year....but now 5 rounds and probably 5 range sessions in this year and I am driving the ball better than I ever have. Its a lot easier for me to keep it in play knowing my control swing is going to go 265 instead of 240-250. I am also 10-15 yards longer with my irons (I also extended them an inch over the winter, so that is a factor).

The biggest challenge I have had once I relearned path and face has been with wedges. Its taken me a lot of time to learn my partial wedges and get comfortable with them. I went from my SW being 95 on a firm swing to 105 on a smooth swing, so that has impacted all my partial swing distances as well. Once I get fully comfortable with those I am pretty confident the handicap will start to drop. Its been about level and I feel like I'm playing horrible.

I did just buy drive 400, it is a lot of information that is good, haven't decided how I am going to work that into my limited time schedule right now.

Good topic. The feedback I've gotten from clients is that the program is helping their ball striking. There are a few reasons:

1) Vastly improved athletic ability and range of motion. This program will make you a better, more flexible and mobile athlete, therefore enabling you to control your body better and repeat your swing more easily and achieve better impact position. And that was a horrible run-on sentence. My apologies?.

2) Perceived output/effort level. The best way I can explain this is to think about bench pressing, for example. When you begin, your 1 rep max might be 185 pounds. It's very difficult, unstable and requires 100% effort. After improving your strength levels, your 1 rep max might be 225 pounds. Now, when you go back to pressing 185 pounds, it's achievable with sub-maximal effort... and becomes much easier to control. This is no different than increasing swing-speed. Increase your maximum swing-speed and all your sub-maximal levels increase as well, with less perceived output, therefore improving club-head control.

3) A big focus of the Drive 400 program is shutting off the mind, and swinging with far less swing-thoughts, allowing natural movement (reducing injury) swinging with intent. In very simple terms - the body will adapt to the task at hand. Less thinking, less artificial movements = more efficiency and greatly reduced risk of injury. This has been one of the biggest breakthroughs with the program. I explain in far more detail inside the program as well as on the the other Drive 400 thread.

Because of these 3 things, most clients have reported improved ball striking and far less aches and pains. In fact, I've only had one client report his ball striking worsen, and we established that was because his regular flex shaft was now being overpowered. He tipped his driver shaft (basically moved into a Stiff flex) and all was well again.

Hope that helps guys.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'm here to help!

Rob.

I’ve wondered whether Drive 400 would worsen my swing as I undertook it, or worsen my ballstriking. I will admit that I’m using it for dual purposes...both for increased strength/mobility /speed, and for ingraining some new swing moves. That has possibly hampered my swing speed slightly, but was “insurance” for my concern about worsening mechanics.

I’ve definitely gained distance. And I can’t tell that ballstriking has gotten worse. It has actually gotten better but again, I’ve worked on mechanics too.

I will totally agree with Rob above that what has definitely improved is that my partial / easy swings are now at worst a club shorter than what my full swing used to be. For example, the par 3 17th at my home course used to be such a tough hole for me. Now, though, I take one club more and take what feels like a half swing and have had so much success on that hole with what feels like barely any effort.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm working my way through the Drive 400. Unfortunately for me, I fail the FABER test on both sides, so I am not even to the Strength Program yet!

AI Smoke TD 8° w/shaft TBD

Big Bertha 815 Alpha 14° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

'16 Apex Hybrid 23° w/DG 
'24 Apex CB 5-7; '24 Apex MB 8-11 w/DG

MD2 55° + PM 1.0 58° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, bap1130 said:

Great topic.... What are the requirements for Swing 400 at home? How many weights do you need? 

For strength: Barbell w/ weights, flat bench, a squat rack, and resistance bands (or adjustable cable machine).   Although, you can probably use dumbbell or resistance band variations of the exercises -- but they don't explicitly suggest any alternatives so you probably would need to be a familiar already with the alternative exercises.

For mobility/warmup: Foam roller, lacrosse ball -- typical myofascial release stuff.

Speed: medicine ball, your own driver.