Cobra F9 irons!!!!!!

12346»

Comments

• RodCRodC Members Posts: 358 ✭✭

@collingsom1a said:
    I was all set to get a set of new Ping irons like I do every 2 years.

Then, I hit the new Cobra F9 irons. Holy ****, they are phenomenal.

Great looks at set up, nice smaller head, not as much offset as the Ping G410's, nice top line. Then, I hit them, and the universe exploded!!!!!!!

The ball literally explodes off that club face. I was getting 3-4 mph more ball speed vs the G410's, and the trajectory was heavenly. I face a lower trajectory with my irons, always have fought that, low draws. I was hitting the irons with a 20 degree trajectory, 145-150 carry (that's usually my total distance with the G410's), and these rolled out about 8-10 yds total distance. I got more rpm's, about 5300 with the F9's and they stopped fairly quickly on the greens.

3 things stick out with this iron......1,. feel. The forged face makes these clubs feel like butter; 2. the higher trajectory, thus more carry. 3. higher ball speed = more distance.

I'm thoroughly sold on these irons.

One thing I also noticed is that they don't jack up the lofts. Their lofts are 1/2 degree stronger than the Ping G410's, yet they launch the ball higher, and thats all due to technology, like the tungsten weight in the toe and heel, face thickness, forged face, speedback design, sole thickness, pwrshell face, high moi, cnc milled faces, progressive spin technology, progressive hosel lengths, ......lots of goodies!

What shafts? Similar on G410 and F9?

Ping G400 Alta CB, X Shaft
    TM M2 3 Wood
    TM SLDR 4 & 5 Hybrid
    5-PW Mizuno MP-18SC - Steelfiber i95 (since Nov 17) - on the bag
    5-PW TM P-790 Modus 3 105 Stiff (since March 18) - on the bench
    Cleveland RX2 50/08
    CBX 54º Wedge, CBX 58º Wedge.

carbon-putters-revolver.png Carbon Ringo Putter
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,141 ✭✭

Any additional feedback on the Rickie 4 iron?

Cobra F9 10° w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 6.0
    TEE CBX 119 16° hybrid w/ PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    Cobra F9 4 Iron w/ AD IZ 95X
    Cobra F9 5 iron w/ KBS Tour 130X
    Miura CB57 5-PW w/ KBS Tour 130X
    Vokey SM4 52°/ Cleveland RTX 2.0 Raw 56°/ Vokey Proto 60° w/ DG Tour Issue
    Odyssey Armlock
  • Pack7483Pack7483 Members Posts: 638 ✭✭

@Golfingfanatic said:

Love mine! Currently carry no FWs or hybrids. Crazy long off a tee, and easier for me off the deck than a 5w and every bit as long.

• DCMorgan89DCMorgan89 Members Posts: 44 ✭✭

@Golfingfanatic said:

It’s awesome. I have mine with a KBS $ taper and it’s been nothing but long and forgiving. I have finally filled that gap in the bag.

• Prime21Prime21 Members Posts: 14 ✭✭

@Golfingfanatic said:

I ordered mine from Cobra after getting the email they are offering the club in limited quantities. I LOVE it! Got it with the IZ 95x a 2* flat and 1* strong - I have only had the chance to use it a few times so it's very possibly a honeymoon phase; but super easy to hit

• HuskyFanHuskyFan ClubWRX Posts: 90 ClubWRX

Has anyone tried the F9 irons with the modus 120 stiff and x stiff? I went in for a fitting yesterday, but they didn’t have both flexes so I was only able to try the shaft in stiff flex.

We tried the Mizuno swing analyzer and the modus 120x was probably the 5th or 6th shaft on the list. I tried all of the shafts from the swing analyzer’s top 6 and liked the modus 120 the best. 90ish mph 7i swing speed and if I remember correctly I was a 4 in the tempo and release results from the swing analyzer.

• Lord HelmetLord Helmet Members Posts: 8,773 ✭✭

1st range session with the F9 4i used as utility. Stock loft, 19* I believe. Dynamic gold 105 x100 shaft. Pretty much same setup as my gamer utility, Tmb 3i. Shaft is slightly diffferent though.
    F9 is definitely a larger footprint and you can see the back of the head at address. Not sure I like that. Definitely more forgiving on off-center strikes. I expected that to be the case vs the Tmb. The club performed well off the T and deck. Its definitely more forgiving for me off the deck compared to Tmb. I thought it also was a very good feeling club. This might actually go in the bag and replace the Tmb - the forgiveness factor being the main reason. Will have to overcome the look at address though.....stay tuned, lol.

M5 - UST V2 6f5
    Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
    Speedback F9 4i - DG 105 x100
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • krutoikrutoi Members Posts: 522 ✭✭

@HuskyFan said:
    Has anyone tried the F9 irons with the modus 120 stiff and x stiff? I went in for a fitting yesterday, but they didn’t have both flexes so I was only able to try the shaft in stiff flex.

We tried the Mizuno swing analyzer and the modus 120x was probably the 5th or 6th shaft on the list. I tried all of the shafts from the swing analyzer’s top 6 and liked the modus 120 the best. 90ish mph 7i swing speed and if I remember correctly I was a 4 in the tempo and release results from the swing analyzer.

Yes. My control is way better with120 shaft. The stock shaft is too light for me. The iron feels 100 better with the heavier shaft if you can handle it.

Cobra F8 Blue Volition Driver, M4 3hl wood, Epic 3 Hybrid, Srixon u85 5 and 6 Utility Irons, Apex Pro 2019 6-Pw irons, Wilson 8802 putter, Mizuno S18 50 degree wedge, 54 RTX Cleveland Wedge, SM 7 D grind Vokey wedge
  • JutJut "Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Members Posts: 728 ✭✭

Replaced my i500s with F9 Speedback irons - couldn't be happier. Spent a lot of $ on the i500s so I tried like heck to love them, but it just wasn't happening. These feel better by a freaking mile, much more consistent, and no loss in distance.

Ping G400 LST 9.5*
    Cobra F9 Tour 16*
    Ping G410 19*
    Wilson C300 23*
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-PW
    Callaway MD4 50 54 60
    Odyssey Marxman S 
    Maxfli Tour
  • LHGolf4LHGolf4 Lefty Boomers Posts: 437 ✭✭

@Jut said:
    Replaced my i500s with F9 Speedback irons - couldn't be happier. Spent a lot of $ on the i500s so I tried like heck to love them, but it just wasn't happening. These feel better by a freaking mile, much more consistent, and no loss in distance.

Yeah I agree, the feel of these irons are fantastic. I ate a lot on my G700's I sold so far am really happy.

• Lord HelmetLord Helmet Members Posts: 8,773 ✭✭

I think the F9 4i is going into the bag. I hit it really well and it is much easier to hit compared to the Tmb.

M5 - UST V2 6f5
    Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
    Speedback F9 4i - DG 105 x100
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • Pack7483Pack7483 Members Posts: 638 ✭✭

@Lord Helmet said:
    I think the F9 4i is going into the bag. I hit it really well and it is much easier to hit compared to the Tmb.

Reshafted mine with the AD IZ. Favorite club in my bag now.

Just ordered the Rickie 4 iron. Should replace my UDI 3 and H4 2 Iron in 1 club, so I can add an extra wedge.

Odyssey Armlock
  • fsutankerfsutanker Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    edited May 29, 2019 1:46pm #165

I bought an f9 4i off maple hill on eBay. Came with an Atmos black shaft. I honestly can’t imagine how much better the Rickie version could be over this club. Stupid easy to hit and booted my Mizuno MiFli 3i after one shot.
    May be worth a peek if you’re looking to save $200+.

Disclaimer: I have not hit the Rickie iron and it may be worth every cent.

@fsutanker said:
    I bought an f9 4i off maple hill on eBay. Came with an Atmos black shaft. I honestly can’t imagine how much better the Rickie version could be over this club. Stupid easy to hit and booted my Mizuno MiFli 3i after one shot.
    May be worth a peek if you’re looking to save $200+.

Disclaimer: I have not hit the Rickie iron and it may be worth every cent.

Oh I agree, there is no real need to spend 350 on this club. You could just go with the regular 4 iron and get it with a steelfiber and you'd probably be very close to the Rickie 4 iron. That being said, I think the AD IZ shaft looks so cool in an iron.

Odyssey Armlock