2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

It's 2019. How Will the USGA Mess Up This Year's US Open?

JohnnyCashForever

> @storm319 said:

> > @gvogel said:

> > > @"North Texas" said:

> > > > @thepres_10 said:

> > > > > @"15th Club" said:

> > > > > > @widow-maker said:

> > > > > > > @3whacker said:

> > > > > > > Mother Nature > the rough should be pretty high already, and I don't think the USGA will do anything to cut it down much..the winner will be among the leaders in fairways hit

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As it should be. The US Open should test every aspect of your game, and accuracy is certainly a major aspect. The course should be difficult, yet fair to all... and for goodness sakes, don't lose the greens trying to make them too fast. Fast is good...too fast is stupid and a lesson they should have learned a long time ago.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'll say the same thing in a different way. We should not need to trick up golf courses with excessively narrowed fairways and with ultrafast putting surfaces to defend against the excessive distance produce by modern golf equipment.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I just think sometimes people are a little upset that the modern professional golfer is faster and stronger than years past and modern equipment has not aided as much as people realize. Maybe we should go back to hickory golf for a more "pure" form of golf?

> > >

> > > Doesn't bother me a bit that the modern professional golfer is faster and stronger. That was going to happen no matter what happened to the modern equipment. But make no mistake about it, the modern equipment has had a huge impact in today's game and that is my biggest complaint with the USGA. They let the ball and the size of the driver head get away from them.

> >

> > That's because Frank Thomas, who was their ball and club expert, was incompetent. A moron, actually.....

>

> While I agree that he dropped the ball by not pushing for stricter club limits sooner in late 90’s, Thomas was far from incompetent. He just took the stance of only pushing for regulation when absolutely necessary and preferred to let physics naturally limit equipment (granted this approach led to his biggest misstep when it came to max clubhead volume). At least he was logical when it came to his criticism of the groove rollback being unnecessary.

>

> Take a look at this article from 1995. You will notice that the same critics were making the same tired arguments that they are making today with the main reasoning being focused on comparing vs past eras (who cares if we cannot compare Hogan to Tiger apples to apples). Also notice that Jack was complaining about the golf ball before any multilayer, solid core balls had even been introduced (he has simply been a complainer since he stopped competing on the PGA Tour). The reality is things change, records are eventually broken and some people have a hard time accepting that.

>

> https://www.si.com/vault/1995/07/03/204430/doubting-thomas-frank-thomas-of-the-usga-is-skeptical-about-claims-that-modern-equipment-is-ruining-the-game

What I see from that article is that Frank Thomas was extremely arrogant and would not listen to people who were telling him what was going to happen. Everyone knew what was going to happen except for him.

> @gvogel said:

> > @storm319 said:

> > > @gvogel said:

> > > > @"North Texas" said:

> > > > > @thepres_10 said:

> > > > > > @"15th Club" said:

> > > > > > > @widow-maker said:

> > > > > > > > @3whacker said:

> > > > > > > > Mother Nature > the rough should be pretty high already, and I don't think the USGA will do anything to cut it down much..the winner will be among the leaders in fairways hit

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > As it should be. The US Open should test every aspect of your game, and accuracy is certainly a major aspect. The course should be difficult, yet fair to all... and for goodness sakes, don't lose the greens trying to make them too fast. Fast is good...too fast is stupid and a lesson they should have learned a long time ago.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'll say the same thing in a different way. We should not need to trick up golf courses with excessively narrowed fairways and with ultrafast putting surfaces to defend against the excessive distance produce by modern golf equipment.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I just think sometimes people are a little upset that the modern professional golfer is faster and stronger than years past and modern equipment has not aided as much as people realize. Maybe we should go back to hickory golf for a more "pure" form of golf?

> > > >

> > > > Doesn't bother me a bit that the modern professional golfer is faster and stronger. That was going to happen no matter what happened to the modern equipment. But make no mistake about it, the modern equipment has had a huge impact in today's game and that is my biggest complaint with the USGA. They let the ball and the size of the driver head get away from them.

> > >

> > > That's because Frank Thomas, who was their ball and club expert, was incompetent. A moron, actually.....

> >

> > While I agree that he dropped the ball a bit by not setting stricter club limits sooner in late 90’s, Thomas was far from incompetent. He just took the stance of only adding regulations when absolutely necessary and preferred to let physics naturally limit equipment.

> >

> > Take a look at this article from 1995. You will notice that the same critics were making the same tired arguments that they are making today with the main reasoning being focused on comparing vs past eras (who cares if we cannot compare Hogan to Tiger apples to apples). Also notice that Jack was complaining about the golf ball before any multilayer, solid core balls had even been introduced (he has simply been a complainer since he stopped competing on the PGA Tour). The reality is things change, records are eventually broken and some people have a hard time accepting that.

> >

> > https://www.si.com/vault/1995/07/03/204430/doubting-thomas-frank-thomas-of-the-usga-is-skeptical-about-claims-that-modern-equipment-is-ruining-the-game

>

> I stand by my comment. I will back Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and Tom Watson every time when it comes to arguing if the modern ball has changed the game. And the article that you quote was written in 1995, before the solid core ball really changed the game.

>

> The problem as I see it is that incremental changes - steel to titanium, 150 cc to 460 cc, wound ball to solid core ball, 2 layers to 4 layers or more, advances in dimple design - have all contributed to a game which is now played on golf courses that are too long, and take too much time.

>

> Your serve.

These guys would be complaining no matter what. Their predecessors did the same before them and their successors will do the same when their time comes (hopefully Tiger is less crotchety than Jack has been).

I’ll leave it at that considering that discussions on this topic never seem to make any progress.

• Like 1

> @storm319 said:

> > @gvogel said:

> > > @storm319 said:

> > > > @gvogel said:

> > > > > @"North Texas" said:

> > > > > > @thepres_10 said:

> > > > > > > @"15th Club" said:

> > > > > > > > @widow-maker said:

> > > > > > > > > @3whacker said:

> > > > > > > > > Mother Nature > the rough should be pretty high already, and I don't think the USGA will do anything to cut it down much..the winner will be among the leaders in fairways hit

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > As it should be. The US Open should test every aspect of your game, and accuracy is certainly a major aspect. The course should be difficult, yet fair to all... and for goodness sakes, don't lose the greens trying to make them too fast. Fast is good...too fast is stupid and a lesson they should have learned a long time ago.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'll say the same thing in a different way. We should not need to trick up golf courses with excessively narrowed fairways and with ultrafast putting surfaces to defend against the excessive distance produce by modern golf equipment.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I just think sometimes people are a little upset that the modern professional golfer is faster and stronger than years past and modern equipment has not aided as much as people realize. Maybe we should go back to hickory golf for a more "pure" form of golf?

> > > > >

> > > > > Doesn't bother me a bit that the modern professional golfer is faster and stronger. That was going to happen no matter what happened to the modern equipment. But make no mistake about it, the modern equipment has had a huge impact in today's game and that is my biggest complaint with the USGA. They let the ball and the size of the driver head get away from them.

> > > >

> > > > That's because Frank Thomas, who was their ball and club expert, was incompetent. A moron, actually.....

> > >

> > > While I agree that he dropped the ball a bit by not setting stricter club limits sooner in late 90’s, Thomas was far from incompetent. He just took the stance of only adding regulations when absolutely necessary and preferred to let physics naturally limit equipment.

> > >

> > > Take a look at this article from 1995. You will notice that the same critics were making the same tired arguments that they are making today with the main reasoning being focused on comparing vs past eras (who cares if we cannot compare Hogan to Tiger apples to apples). Also notice that Jack was complaining about the golf ball before any multilayer, solid core balls had even been introduced (he has simply been a complainer since he stopped competing on the PGA Tour). The reality is things change, records are eventually broken and some people have a hard time accepting that.

> > >

> > > https://www.si.com/vault/1995/07/03/204430/doubting-thomas-frank-thomas-of-the-usga-is-skeptical-about-claims-that-modern-equipment-is-ruining-the-game

> >

> > I stand by my comment. I will back Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and Tom Watson every time when it comes to arguing if the modern ball has changed the game. And the article that you quote was written in 1995, before the solid core ball really changed the game.

> >

> > The problem as I see it is that incremental changes - steel to titanium, 150 cc to 460 cc, wound ball to solid core ball, 2 layers to 4 layers or more, advances in dimple design - have all contributed to a game which is now played on golf courses that are too long, and take too much time.

> >

> > Your serve.

>

> These guys would be complaining no matter what. Their predecessors did the same before them and their successors will do the same when their time comes (hopefully Tiger is less crotchety than Jack has been).

>

> I’ll leave it at that considering that discussions on this topic never seem to make any progress.

No, actually they were just smart enough to see what was coming. But no one would listen to people who knew what they were talking about.

> @Steele47 said:

> I'm in the 'everybody plays the same course', 'let the chips fall where they may' camp. Great venues for the majors all around. Barring an Adam Levine performance, I don't see how they could mess it up.

Avril Lavigne would be equally bad , just FYI. I say that at the risk of angering my brothers in the great white north.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > > @Joker91 said:

> > > Maybe try watching to enjoy one of the best tourneys in golf and stop looking for things to complain about?

> >

> > Exactly. Jeez, a bunch of negative nancies on here crying about a course playing difficult. Boo hoo.

>

> No one is crying and that is not the complaint but of course you know that already.

This thread is literally about looking for the negative. It's preemptive whining

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Steele47 said:

> > I'm in the 'everybody plays the same course', 'let the chips fall where they may' camp. Great venues for the majors all around. Barring an Adam Levine performance, I don't see how they could mess it up.

>

> Avril Lavigne would be equally bad , just FYI. I say that at the risk of angering my brothers in the great white north.

If I have offended I apologize unreservedly and would like to add that I have always felt that 'Strange Brew' never received the accolades it so justly deserved!

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > > @Joker91 said:

> > > Maybe try watching to enjoy one of the best tourneys in golf and stop looking for things to complain about?

> >

> > Exactly. Jeez, a bunch of negative nancies on here crying about a course playing difficult. Boo hoo.

>

> No one is crying and that is not the complaint but of course you know that already.

And I also know that you are wrong.

> @Steele47 said:

> I'm in the 'everybody plays the same course', 'let the chips fall where they may' camp. Great venues for the majors all around. Barring an Adam Levine performance, I don't see how they could mess it up.

I would argue that no one ever plays the same course as his competitor.

Weather and variable course conditions make a course different from hour to hour. Perhaps minute to minute. Everyone accepts that. Some would argue that that is what makes the game great. The crux of the issue is that the USGA sets up courses (usually the greens) such that they play differently from hour to hour...and perhaps minute to minute. Everyone can accept Mother Nature being capricious...creating a difficult course at one moment and a much easier course the next. It's much harder to accept a USGA set-up that accomplishes the same thing...unintentionally.

> @Brass_Bullseye said:

> > @JohnnyCashForever said:

> > > @Brass_Bullseye said:

> >

> > > I ran the numbers last year, and over the past 20 years (I think that's the timeframe I used) the average score for the winner of the US Open was 69 and change. The average score for the winner of the PGA was 68 and change. For all the wailing and moaning about the USGA, the difference is just not that significant.

> >

> > The average life expectancy in the USA is 79.3 years. In Cuba, it's 79.1. The difference between those two countries is just not that significant.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Huh?

Exactly.

> @MtlJeff said:

> Meh, you can bad mouth Avril. Just don't say anything bad about Drake

For what it’s worth. She lost me at “ skater boi”. Said see ya later boi.

Not really familiar with Drakes stuff. So can’t comment. But I do like maple syrup and I understand it’s worth like 39 times more than oil per barrel. .. so I’m supporting the Canadian economy for sure. Being as how it’s the Saudi Arabia of the maple syrup world.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Joker91 said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > @Joker91 said:

> > > > Maybe try watching to enjoy one of the best tourneys in golf and stop looking for things to complain about?

> > >

> > > Exactly. Jeez, a bunch of negative nancies on here crying about a course playing difficult. Boo hoo.

> >

> > No one is crying and that is not the complaint but of course you know that already.

>

> This thread is literally about looking for the negative. It's preemptive whining

Well let’s list the positives shall we. Those revolving around the USga setup and the tournament in general. I’ll lead off..... I like history and appreciate that the tournament has some age on it. I also think that the qualifying opportunities for both ams and pros is a great part of it.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @storm319 said:

> > @gvogel said:

> > > @storm319 said:

> > > > @gvogel said:

> > > > > > @thepres_10 said:

> > > > > > > @"15th Club" said:

> > > > > > > > @widow-maker said:

> > > > > > > > > @3whacker said:

> > > > > > > > > Mother Nature > the rough should be pretty high already, and I don't think the USGA will do anything to cut it down much..the winner will be among the leaders in fairways hit

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > As it should be. The US Open should test every aspect of your game, and accuracy is certainly a major aspect. The course should be difficult, yet fair to all... and for goodness sakes, don't lose the greens trying to make them too fast. Fast is good...too fast is stupid and a lesson they should have learned a long time ago.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'll say the same thing in a different way. We should not need to trick up golf courses with excessively narrowed fairways and with ultrafast putting surfaces to defend against the excessive distance produce by modern golf equipment.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I just think sometimes people are a little upset that the modern professional golfer is faster and stronger than years past and modern equipment has not aided as much as people realize. Maybe we should go back to hickory golf for a more "pure" form of golf?

> > > > >

> > > > > Doesn't bother me a bit that the modern professional golfer is faster and stronger. That was going to happen no matter what happened to the modern equipment. But make no mistake about it, the modern equipment has had a huge impact in today's game and that is my biggest complaint with the USGA. They let the ball and the size of the driver head get away from them.

> > > >

> > > > That's because Frank Thomas, who was their ball and club expert, was incompetent. A moron, actually.....

> > >

> > > While I agree that he dropped the ball a bit by not setting stricter club limits sooner in late 90’s, Thomas was far from incompetent. He just took the stance of only adding regulations when absolutely necessary and preferred to let physics naturally limit equipment.

> > >

> > > Take a look at this article from 1995. You will notice that the same critics were making the same tired arguments that they are making today with the main reasoning being focused on comparing vs past eras (who cares if we cannot compare Hogan to Tiger apples to apples). Also notice that Jack was complaining about the golf ball before any multilayer, solid core balls had even been introduced (he has simply been a complainer since he stopped competing on the PGA Tour). The reality is things change, records are eventually broken and some people have a hard time accepting that.

> > >

> > > https://www.si.com/vault/1995/07/03/204430/doubting-thomas-frank-thomas-of-the-usga-is-skeptical-about-claims-that-modern-equipment-is-ruining-the-game

> >

> > I stand by my comment. I will back Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and Tom Watson every time when it comes to arguing if the modern ball has changed the game. And the article that you quote was written in 1995, before the solid core ball really changed the game.

> >

> > The problem as I see it is that incremental changes - steel to titanium, 150 cc to 460 cc, wound ball to solid core ball, 2 layers to 4 layers or more, advances in dimple design - have all contributed to a game which is now played on golf courses that are too long, and take too much time.

> >

> > Your serve.

>

> These guys would be complaining no matter what. Their predecessors did the same before them and their successors will do the same when their time comes (hopefully Tiger is less crotchety than Jack has been).

>

> I’ll leave it at that considering that discussions on this topic never seem to make any progress.

I was thinking about this last night - of course that could be dangerous! Back when Old Tom Morris was taking care of St Andrews, playing in championships and with the members, I would think that he had a lot of influence in developing their rules of golf, and in settling disputes.

Bobby Jones certainly had a lot of influence in the USGA; he was responsible for proposing a limit on clubs to 14 (at the time, mid 1930's, Lawson Little had 34 in his bag). Jones also got croquet style putting banned. If he had been alive, he might have gotten the broom stick banned.

It is a shame that the modern USGA has distanced the organization from Jack Nicklaus, who is thoughtful, has played at the highest level, and who had a wonderful amateur career before turning pro.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

> @MtlJeff said:

> Meh, you can bad mouth Avril. Just don't say anything bad about Drake

Drake is too busy trying to bang a 15 year old.

Ping G400 Max @9.9* (Alta CB 55 Stiff)

Titleist TSi2 4 wood @16.5* (Tensei AV Blue RAW 65 Stiff)

Ping G410 7 wood @19.5(Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff)

Ping G410 4 Hybrid @23* (Alta CB 70 Stiff)

Ping G410 5 Hybrid @26* (Alta CB 70 Stiff)

Srixon ZX5 6-AW (Nippon Modus 105 Stiff)

Callaway MD5 Tour Grey W-Grind 54* & X-Grind 58*  (DG S200)

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Arm Lock Putter (Odyssey Armlock Steel 40")

Srixon Z-Star

JMX XS Ultralite Grips

> @Joker91 said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > @Joker91 said:

> > > > Maybe try watching to enjoy one of the best tourneys in golf and stop looking for things to complain about?

> > >

> > > Exactly. Jeez, a bunch of negative nancies on here crying about a course playing difficult. Boo hoo.

> >

> > No one is crying and that is not the complaint but of course you know that already.

>

> This thread is literally about looking for the negative. It's preemptive whining

Ok, I’m POSITIVE the USGA will mess something up

I don't think they'll do anything crazy. What, speed the greens up, tighten up fairways and let the rough get really long?? How else could they go out of their way to try and make the course crazy hard? That was the main complaint (especially the green speed at Shinnecock) last time, right?

Have you guys seen how tight the fairways are going to be at Beth Page next week? Making Shinne play super hard was a knee jerk to the complaining people did about how easy Erin Hills was. This thread just proves people won't be happy no matter what goes down. If the winner shoots -20, it'll be too easy. If they shoot +1 it's too hard. If somebody random wins then it's weird and a disappointment.

I do think that Shinnecock was unfairly hard because certain players got insanely fast greens and others only got really fast greens, that much is true. Guys who went out really early on Saturday probably played an easier course than those who went out at 1 or 2pm. ...But that's kind of how things work and happens on all courses. It's just that things got so fast by mid and late day Saturday, putting to certain flags was nearly impossible... that was the mistake. I watched Brian Harman 4 putt on 18 and that was pretty sad to witness.

> @rangersgoalie said:

> > @Joker91 said:

> > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > @"North Texas" said:

> > > > > @Joker91 said:

> > > > > Maybe try watching to enjoy one of the best tourneys in golf and stop looking for things to complain about?

> > > >

> > > > Exactly. Jeez, a bunch of negative nancies on here crying about a course playing difficult. Boo hoo.

> > >

> > > No one is crying and that is not the complaint but of course you know that already.

> >

> > This thread is literally about looking for the negative. It's preemptive whining

>

>

> Ok, I’m POSITIVE the USGA will mess something up

>

>

In the last 3 US Opens at Pebble, did the USGA mess anything up?

> @TnJohn said:

> > @MtlJeff said:

> > Meh, you can bad mouth Avril. Just don't say anything bad about Drake

>

> Drake is too busy trying to bang a 15 year old.

Is he really? Yikes that's not good. I actually know very little about Drake other than he likes the Raptors

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

> @MtlJeff said:

> > @TnJohn said:

> > > @MtlJeff said:

> > > Meh, you can bad mouth Avril. Just don't say anything bad about Drake

> >

> > Drake is too busy trying to bang a 15 year old.

>

> Is he really? Yikes that's not good. I actually know very little about Drake other than he likes the Raptors

I wasn’t sure how old he was. Thought maybe he was 14.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @rangersgoalie said:

> > > @Joker91 said:

> > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > > > @Joker91 said:

> > > > > > Maybe try watching to enjoy one of the best tourneys in golf and stop looking for things to complain about?

> > > > >

> > > > > Exactly. Jeez, a bunch of negative nancies on here crying about a course playing difficult. Boo hoo.

> > > >

> > > > No one is crying and that is not the complaint but of course you know that already.

> > >

> > > This thread is literally about looking for the negative. It's preemptive whining

> >

> >

> > Ok, I’m POSITIVE the USGA will mess something up

> >

> >

>

> In the last 3 US Opens at Pebble, did the USGA mess anything up?

There was some controversy about changing the easy par 5 second to a long par 4 in 2000. A round at Pebble Beach is usually about getting under par the first 7 holes and not trying to give them away coming home. Changing the second dented that a little bit.

That US Open was played at 6846 yards.

This year's event will be played at 7075 yards.

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > > @rangersgoalie said:

> > > > @Joker91 said:

> > > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > > > @"North Texas" said:

> > > > > > > @Joker91 said:

> > > > > > > Maybe try watching to enjoy one of the best tourneys in golf and stop looking for things to complain about?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Exactly. Jeez, a bunch of negative nancies on here crying about a course playing difficult. Boo hoo.

> > > > >

> > > > > No one is crying and that is not the complaint but of course you know that already.

> > > >

> > > > This thread is literally about looking for the negative. It's preemptive whining

> > >

> > >

> > > Ok, I’m POSITIVE the USGA will mess something up

> > >

> > >

> >

> > In the last 3 US Opens at Pebble, did the USGA mess anything up?

>

> There was some controversy about changing the easy par 5 second to a long par 4 in 2000. A round at Pebble Beach is usually about getting under par the first 7 holes and not trying to give them away coming home. Changing the second dented that a little bit.

>

> That US Open was played at 6846 yards.

> This year's event will be played at 7075 yards.

For the pros, the second hole should be a par 4.

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @rangersgoalie said:

> > > @Joker91 said:

> > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > > > @Joker91 said:

> > > > > > Maybe try watching to enjoy one of the best tourneys in golf and stop looking for things to complain about?

> > > > >

> > > > > Exactly. Jeez, a bunch of negative nancies on here crying about a course playing difficult. Boo hoo.

> > > >

> > > > No one is crying and that is not the complaint but of course you know that already.

> > >

> > > This thread is literally about looking for the negative. It's preemptive whining

> >

> >

> > Ok, I’m POSITIVE the USGA will mess something up

> >

> >

>

> In the last 3 US Opens at Pebble, did the USGA mess anything up?

Very much IMO

The 1992 US Open, the greens were basically dead by the time the tournament started.

The greens were being painted and were really pretty bad. The ninth fairway had been narrowed and so fast that a lot of balls that got over the hill on tee shots, all funnelled down to the same area on the right edge of the fairway or rough.

They made a mess out of the course imo

> @MtlJeff said:

> > @TnJohn said:

> > > @MtlJeff said:

> > > Meh, you can bad mouth Avril. Just don't say anything bad about Drake

> >

> > Drake is too busy trying to bang a 15 year old.

>

> Is he really? Yikes that's not good. I actually know very little about Drake other than he likes the Raptors

It's a little creepy.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/09/drake-millie-bobby-relationship/

Ping G400 Max @9.9* (Alta CB 55 Stiff)

Titleist TSi2 4 wood @16.5* (Tensei AV Blue RAW 65 Stiff)

Ping G410 7 wood @19.5(Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff)

Ping G410 4 Hybrid @23* (Alta CB 70 Stiff)

Ping G410 5 Hybrid @26* (Alta CB 70 Stiff)

Srixon ZX5 6-AW (Nippon Modus 105 Stiff)

Callaway MD5 Tour Grey W-Grind 54* & X-Grind 58*  (DG S200)

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Arm Lock Putter (Odyssey Armlock Steel 40")

Srixon Z-Star

JMX XS Ultralite Grips

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @tacrispy said:

> > I wouldn't want to be planning a trip to Pebble anytime after the US OPEN in 2019 because the greens will probably be dead

>

> Played Pebble 3 weeks after the 2010 U S Open. Greens were not dead and putted just fine. The rough was still up a little bit so course played pretty tough but we had a blast.

That is good, I would not have guessed that. I figured once they fried the Poa it would take a while to come back

• 2 weeks later...

> @JohnnyCashForever said:

> > @Brass_Bullseye said:

> > > @JohnnyCashForever said:

> > > > @Brass_Bullseye said:

> > >

> > > > I ran the numbers last year, and over the past 20 years (I think that's the timeframe I used) the average score for the winner of the US Open was 69 and change. The average score for the winner of the PGA was 68 and change. For all the wailing and moaning about the USGA, the difference is just not that significant.

> > >

> > > The average life expectancy in the USA is 79.3 years. In Cuba, it's 79.1. The difference between those two countries is just not that significant.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Huh?

>

> Exactly.

I have no idea what point you were trying to make with your life expectancy comparison.