Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

Comments

• bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,191Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees

On -, @jll62 said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

Guys. Not to change topic. And I m certain that these are great irons. But “ blades are the boogey man “ hasnt been true since 1996 or so. It takes a release like this to get some guys try a set longer than 3 range shots. That’s the only difference.

So I agree. Just hilarious that it’s seen as new “ news”.

I think you may have misinterpreted what I and a couple others were saying. It wasn't that blades are super hard to hit, but rather the ball flight and carry distance I'm expecting to see from slight mis-hits off these doesn't align with the actual performance. I'll hit a shot a little off the sweet spot and it still seems to fly like ones that were flushed even though they felt completely different. I've played various blades off and on since the late 80s and this is first time I've noticed this degree of the feel not matching performance on slightly off center impacts. Usually, it's easy to guess how much a shot will be affected by the feel of the strike.

I'm not claiming there's anything special about the construction of these to cause this. It's more a curious thing for me because it means if/when I game them, I may have to re-tune my feel a bit. I'd also like to get on a launch monitor with them to see if what I'm seeing down range is actually happening and measurable.

No. I get what you’re saying exactly. And in my experience I can name many modern sets that have acted just like that for me.

Miura small blade being #1. Same principle as this iron. Just achieved with a small head instead of tungsten plug. It has a ton of weight placed low behind the ball. Even on toe side misses.

Another. Adams mb2. Incredibly forgiving. Tungsten plugs in that one.

Vega vm-01. Loads of mass low and toeside.

Callaway mb-1 and razr mb. Same as above. Tungsten toeside.

Cobra mb. Tungsten. Really forgiving iron.

My point was that the modern mb has been this way since at least 2010 ish. And yet the myth of a mm toeside feeling like a brick wall still lives on.

I’ve read your thoughts on playing an mb and how you disagree with ones who did several times. And that’s fine. But we can’t act like now that TM has caught up that they had this idea. They literally borrowed it from Tiger and MT .... and other oems have been doing it for a while. I’d also bet that part of the forgiveness you’re experiencing is the thinner sole. People have forgotten what a pure strike feels like. And how a thin sole and Lower placed weight allows you to get to the equator of the ball easier. They’ve all traded that for the forgiveness on the occasional fat shot.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BirdieBobBirdieBob Member of the 1 iron Club! Members  4657WRX Points: 532Posts: 4,657 Titanium Tees

On -, @kekoa said:

Had another quick range session with the 7i last night and I can't say I like the feel of these. I probably shouldn't compare these to miuras, but I can't help it. I'm going to give them one more shot on nice hot day and better range balls to determine whether I'll keep the set.

It was interesting when Michael Newton Golf himself did a video on WITB. He had reviewed these and the new Wilson Blade and.....
    Q. Money aside/expense is no issue: did you prefer the Wilson staff to the Tiger Woods irons you tried?
    A. "Michael Newton Golf.....Honestly........the Wilsons!"

Posted:

TITLEIST TS4 Driver, 9.5*, JDM Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA, 69g X
    CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5, 72g X/Ventus Black w/velocore, 65g X
    CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3+ Wood, 13.5*, Ventus Black w/velocore, 78g X
    CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3 Wood, 15*, Accra TZ6/M5, 80g X
    CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 5 Wood, 18*, Accra TZ6/M5, 90g X
    TAYLORMADE SIM MAX HYBRID, #3, 19*, Nippon Modus GOST Hybrid, 102X
    TAYLORMADE P-7TW, 3 - P, TW Lofts, DG AMT Tour White, x100
    PXG GEN2 0311X Black, #4 DI, DG AMT Tour White, x100
    PXG GEN3 0311T, 4 - P, DG AMT Tour White, x100
    PXG GEN3 0311 MILLED SUGAR DADDY, 50/10, DG AMT TOUR WHITE, x100
    VOKEY SM8 "BIRDIE BOB" CUSTOM BRUSHED STEEL, 54/10F; 58/8M, DG TI s400 ONYX
    BETTINARDI 20 Limited Edition Queen B #5 Black Series Putter, w/QB Black HC
    SCOTTY Cameron Custom "Murdered Out" Select Newport M2 Putter, w/SC Carbon CircleT HC
    NIKE Sport Lite Carry Bag, Black
    SUN MOUNTAIN 20 Tour Series Bag, Black
    STEWART Golf X9 FOLLOW Electric Cart, Black
    GARMIN Approach Z82, GPS/Rangefinder
    GROOVEIT Wet Brush

• denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, COMembers  1711WRX Points: 520Handicap: 1.2Posts: 1,711 Platinum Tees

On -, @BirdieBob said:

On -, @kekoa said:

Had another quick range session with the 7i last night and I can't say I like the feel of these. I probably shouldn't compare these to miuras, but I can't help it. I'm going to give them one more shot on nice hot day and better range balls to determine whether I'll keep the set.

It was interesting when Michael Newton Golf himself did a video on WITB. He had reviewed these and the new Wilson Blade and.....
    Q. Money aside/expense is no issue: did you prefer the Wilson staff to the Tiger Woods irons you tried?

Well, Michael Newton can kiss my hairy white butt :smile: Has he ever hit a ball off grass, anyway?? In all seriousness, as the thread slowly devolves into a PXG like **** for tat, I’m happy I pulled the trigger and I don’t have a club at home that would displace them (Tm 730 and 750, Srixon 965, 718 AP2, 714 MB, S56 and S55)

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
    Callaway Mavrik SZ, 15*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X
    Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* Hybrid, Atmos Black HB Tour Spec 9X
    TaylorMade P750 4i, P730 5-PW, PX 6.5
    Wedges - Jaws MD5 raw 52S, 56S, 60T, DG TI S400
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5
  • jabwind51jabwind51 NJMembers  276WRX Points: 148Posts: 276 Greens

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @jll62 said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

Guys. Not to change topic. And I m certain that these are great irons. But “ blades are the boogey man “ hasnt been true since 1996 or so. It takes a release like this to get some guys try a set longer than 3 range shots. That’s the only difference.

I think you may have misinterpreted what I and a couple others were saying. It wasn't that blades are super hard to hit, but rather the ball flight and carry distance I'm expecting to see from slight mis-hits off these doesn't align with the actual performance. I'll hit a shot a little off the sweet spot and it still seems to fly like ones that were flushed even though they felt completely different. I've played various blades off and on since the late 80s and this is first time I've noticed this degree of the feel not matching performance on slightly off center impacts. Usually, it's easy to guess how much a shot will be affected by the feel of the strike.

I'm not claiming there's anything special about the construction of these to cause this. It's more a curious thing for me because it means if/when I game them, I may have to re-tune my feel a bit. I'd also like to get on a launch monitor with them to see if what I'm seeing down range is actually happening and measurable.

No. I get what you’re saying exactly. And in my experience I can name many modern sets that have acted just like that for me.

Miura small blade being #1. Same principle as this iron. Just achieved with a small head instead of tungsten plug. It has a ton of weight placed low behind the ball. Even on toe side misses.

My point was that the modern mb has been this way since at least 2010 ish. And yet the myth of a mm toeside feeling like a brick wall still lives on.

I’ve read your thoughts on playing an mb and how you disagree with ones who did several times. And that’s fine. But we can’t act like now that TM has caught up that they had this idea. They literally borrowed it from Tiger and MT .... and other oems have been doing it for a while. **I’d also bet that part of the forgiveness you’re experiencing is the thinner sole. People have forgotten what a pure strike feels like. And how a thin sole and Lower placed weight allows you to get to the equator of the ball easier. They’ve all traded that for the forgiveness on the occasional fat shot. **

This is 100% my situation. My Mizunos were soft but also clunky and thicker soled. Definitely noticed what you were saying during my fitting

Posted:
  • Pinging77Pinging77 NMMembers  191WRX Points: 187Handicap: 3.0Posts: 191 Fairways

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @jll62 said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

I’ve read your thoughts on playing an mb and how you disagree with ones who did several times. And that’s fine. But we can’t act like now that TM has caught up that they had this idea. They literally borrowed it from Tiger and MT .... and other oems have been doing it for a while. I’d also bet that part of the forgiveness you’re experiencing is the thinner sole. People have forgotten what a pure strike feels like. And how a thin sole and Lower placed weight allows you to get to the equator of the ball easier. They’ve all traded that for the forgiveness on the occasional fat shot.

Did the original callaway proto MBs have tungsten in the toe? It was pretty obvious in the MB-1 and not so much in the Razr MB. Had all 3 sets and never liked any but the original Protos (which luckily had conforming grooves). Played them until they were whipped..kept going back to them as Razrs and MB1s never felt or performed as well...

Posted:
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,191Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees

On -, @Pinging77 said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @jll62 said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

Did the original callaway proto MBs have tungsten in the toe? It was pretty obvious in the MB-1 and not so much in the Razr MB. Had all 3 sets and never liked any but the original Protos (which luckily had conforming grooves). Played them until they were whipped..kept going back to them as Razrs and MB1s never felt or performed as well...

Each set of mb1 I’ve hit and the 3 iron head I own now ( and would buy 4-pw to match ) does have tungsten. I’m not sure if the original protos did or not. I never actually owned a set of those. Maybe some tour heads did ? ( V groove versions ?). I had a tour set of razr mb that did. If you got them in the right light you could see the outline of the plug since they were that thin satin finish.

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @BirdieBob said:

On -, @kekoa said:

Well, Michael Newton can kiss my hairy white butt :smile: Has he ever hit a ball off grass, anyway?? In all seriousness, as the thread slowly devolves into a PXG like **** for tat, I’m happy I pulled the trigger and I don’t have a club at home that would displace them (Tm 730 and 750, Srixon 965, 718 AP2, 714 MB, S56 and S55)

Please don’t bring of Bobby Parsons ..... palease. lol.

Posted:
  • BirdieBobBirdieBob Member of the 1 iron Club! Members  4657WRX Points: 532Posts: 4,657 Titanium Tees
    Posted:

TITLEIST TS4 Driver, 9.5*, JDM Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA, 69g X
    CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5, 72g X/Ventus Black w/velocore, 65g X
    CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3+ Wood, 13.5*, Ventus Black w/velocore, 78g X
    CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3 Wood, 15*, Accra TZ6/M5, 80g X
    CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 5 Wood, 18*, Accra TZ6/M5, 90g X
    TAYLORMADE SIM MAX HYBRID, #3, 19*, Nippon Modus GOST Hybrid, 102X
    TAYLORMADE P-7TW, 3 - P, TW Lofts, DG AMT Tour White, x100
    PXG GEN2 0311X Black, #4 DI, DG AMT Tour White, x100
    PXG GEN3 0311T, 4 - P, DG AMT Tour White, x100
    PXG GEN3 0311 MILLED SUGAR DADDY, 50/10, DG AMT TOUR WHITE, x100
    VOKEY SM8 "BIRDIE BOB" CUSTOM BRUSHED STEEL, 54/10F; 58/8M, DG TI s400 ONYX
    BETTINARDI 20 Limited Edition Queen B #5 Black Series Putter, w/QB Black HC
    SCOTTY Cameron Custom "Murdered Out" Select Newport M2 Putter, w/SC Carbon CircleT HC
    NIKE Sport Lite Carry Bag, Black
    SUN MOUNTAIN 20 Tour Series Bag, Black
    STEWART Golf X9 FOLLOW Electric Cart, Black
    GARMIN Approach Z82, GPS/Rangefinder
    GROOVEIT Wet Brush

• cota0429cota0429 ClubWRX  3567WRX Points: 296Handicap: 0.6Posts: 3,567 ClubWRX

So with the “Tiger Spec” option is anyone actually gaming the weak lofts?

Posted:
    PING G400 LST Diamana LTD D+ 60 TX
    Callaway Rogue Diamana LTD D+ 80 TX
    Artisan VR Pro's by Mike Taylor X100 soft stepped TW Specs
    SM7 52F, 56M, Oven Green Dot Engage 60 TS
    TW Prototype 001

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, COMembers  1711WRX Points: 520Handicap: 1.2Posts: 1,711 Platinum Tees

On -, @cota0429 said:

I AM....not Tiger Woods :) negative on my end

Posted:
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5
  • BearQBearQ Members  3667WRX Points: 855Posts: 3,667 Titanium Tees

On -, @cota0429 said:

I just wanna feel involved till I get my set so I weakened my z945 2*

Posted:

Advertisement

I’ve always played off a 49 degree pw. So no big deal.

Posted:
  • sir shanks a lotsir shanks a lot ClubWRX  358WRX Points: 69Handicap: 3.6Posts: 358 ClubWRX

My buddy bought it B) . He had placed an order through our club the first day they became available and was told that our local rep had 4 sets and his was the first order. BUT, he found out yesterday that his order was delayed until June 11th. So he canceled his order and bought those after a lot of peer pressure from myself ;)

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    Titleist TS3 15 w/ Tensei Pro Blue 80TX
    Titleist 915HD 20.5 w/ Aldila Tour Blue 95X
    Titleist 712MB 4-P w/ TI X100
    Vokey SM7 52.08, 56.10, 60.04 w/ TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport

On -, @sir shanks a lot said:

My buddy bought it B) . He had placed an order through our club the first day they became available and was told that our local rep had 4 sets and his was the first order. BUT, he found out yesterday that his order was delayed until June 11th. So he canceled his order and bought those after a lot of peer pressure from myself ;)

That’s cool. Must be a boat due to dock around June 8th. That’s right at the same time my previous order was supposed to arrive (13th I think it was ).

Posted:

On -, @bladehunter said:

That’s cool. Must be a boat due to dock around June 8th. That’s right at the same time my previous order was supposed to arrive (13th I think it was ).

Tiger was hand delivering them to you! :)

Posted:
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

lol. Now that’s funny. And could be true ! But if that’s the case , I’d rather have the TGR blades .... please !!

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

lol. Now that’s funny. And could be true ! But if that’s the case , I’d rather have the TGR blades .... please !!

A true blade hunter

Posted:
  • bambambambam CA/NYMembers  152WRX Points: 130Handicap: + Posts: 152 Fairways

On -, @cota0429 said:

I will as well. I’ve always played a 49* or 50* wedge and 23* 3i. I have my P7TW bent to 50*.

Posted:

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

I used to think my wife was picky, but **** ;)

Posted:
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

Hey. I’m easy. I know exactly what I want. Just have exquisite taste. Loll.

Posted:
  • fibermanfiberman Members  85WRX Points: 66Posts: 85 Fairways

Guys got mine today, hit them tonight and all I can say is Wow!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  32247WRX Points: 1,819Posts: 32,247 Titanium Tees

On -, @fiberman said:

Guys got mine today, hit them tonight and all I can say is Wow!

What specs did you go with?

Posted:
  • fibermanfiberman Members  85WRX Points: 66Posts: 85 Fairways

S400 49 degree wedge/Tiger specs. Nice high ball flight and very accurate.

Posted:
  • BearQBearQ Members  3667WRX Points: 855Posts: 3,667 Titanium Tees

48-49* is a far more saucy pw option

It’s more comfortable reaching for it for those 110-125 range than gap wedge is, for many. I always prefer looking at an iron head for anything more than pitching.

Posted:

• budcangolfbudcangolf Members  519WRX Points: 173Posts: 519 Golden Tee

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

Hey. I’m easy. I know exactly what I want. Just have exquisite taste. Loll.

Hey

On -, @bladehunter check PM had a question for you if you don’t mind
    Posted:
    Post edited by budcangolf on

On -, @BearQ said:

48-49* is a far more saucy pw option

It’s more comfortable reaching for it for those 110-125 range than gap wedge is, for many. I always prefer looking at an iron head for anything more than pitching.

Agreed....not a fan of maxing our a gap wedge.... So I with Tiger Lofts and dropping my 52 and keeping the 56/60. I have a P790 UDI as well to keep things at 14.

Standard lie to 0.5 upright for now, will adjust when they come next week and 0.5 inch long for me. Excited to see a nice high ball flight and get some spin

Posted:

Advertisement
  • bambambambam CA/NYMembers  152WRX Points: 130Handicap: + Posts: 152 Fairways

Q

Posted:

On -, @BearQ said:

I think I’ll just get the Taylormades thanks

Nice flip by a forum member

Posted:

Advertisement
  • sociedsocied GameCocks2011 Wilmington NCMembers  1268WRX Points: 128Posts: 1,268 Platinum Tees

^^^ hahaha was thinking the same thing!

Another note - anyone else surprised the ones on the BST haven't sold? I figured someone would have scooped them up by now! Mine get delivered May 27th, almost considered cancelling my order and picking those up. Only if they had the x100s!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.