Highlighted text, words with apostrophe`s ...

ChronicSlicer ·  
ChronicSlicerChronicSlicer Members  1489WRX Points: 748Posts: 1,489 Platinum Tees

When I use certain words with apostrophe`s the apostrophe disappears and the text becomes highlighted.

Posted:

Comments

• GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27126WRX Points: 468Posts: 27,126 Marshals

Example?

Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ChronicSlicerChronicSlicer Members  1489WRX Points: 748Posts: 1,489 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
  • HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North TexasMembers  6841WRX Points: 610Posts: 6,841 Titanium Tees

My curiosity got me so i looked back at Inbee’s career and she has only shot in the 80’s six times since 2004.

My curiosity got me so i looked back at Inbees career and she has only shot in the 80s six times since 2004.

You didn’t use the apostrophe. The apostrophe is in the 1st example above. The you used the opening single quote character (leaning to the left), which appears to be the < code > marker (or something like that) in the markdown language.

Testing This section is surrounded by Opening single quote symbol Hmmm, why does it ignore return characters?

Posted:
  • ChronicSlicerChronicSlicer Members  1489WRX Points: 748Posts: 1,489 Platinum Tees

On -, @HitEmTrue said:

My curiosity got me so i looked back at Inbee’s career and she has only shot in the 80’s six times since 2004.

My curiosity got me so i looked back at Inbees career and she has only shot in the 80s six times since 2004.

You didn’t use the apostrophe. The apostrophe is in the 1st example above. The you used the opening single quote character (leaning to the left), which appears to be the < code > marker (or something like that) in the markdown language.

Testing This section is surrounded by Opening single quote symbol Hmmm, why does it ignore return characters?

Wrong, I know I used the apostrophe twice, once for Inbees and once for 80s. That example is not the only time this has happened.

Posted:

Hmm, it just happened again in my above post lol.

Posted:
  • HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North TexasMembers  6841WRX Points: 610Posts: 6,841 Titanium Tees

On -, @ChronicSlicer said:

I believe you are using the key on upper left of keyboard...same key as the tilde. That is an open quote, or backtick symbol.

You should be using the key on the right of the keyboard. Same key as the double-quote symbol.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

On -, @HitEmTrue said:

On -, @ChronicSlicer said:

I believe you are using the key on upper left of keyboard...same key as the tilde. That is an open quote, or backtick symbol.

You should be using the key on the right of the keyboard. Same key as the double-quote symbol.

Yes, I have been using the key on the left forever. Never had an issue here(prior to the new layout), or any other forum. Thanks for the heads up though.

Posted:
  • Snowman9000Snowman9000 Members  1330WRX Points: 272Handicap: 10Posts: 1,330 Platinum Tees

deleted by me.

Posted:
    M4 Driver
    5 Wood
    22º, 25º Hybrids
    4, 6-GW basic GI irons, weak lofts and +1/2" for more speed and launch
    54º, 58º Wedges
    Odyssey Jailbird Mini

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.