Golf in Orlando

zach0723

> @"Mike Honcho" said:

> > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > @"Mike Honcho" said:

> > > Heading to FL on a buddies trip in July for a long weekend at Streamsong. Two of us will be flying in early for a round in Orlando. Ideally, we don't want to be too far from the airport, so I am curious what or where you all recommend to play? I have seen a bunch of recommendations for the area, just not sure how far some are from the airport or at least would be convenient for the other two to pick us up on the way to Streamsong. Again, looking for a one day play towards the end of July (24th) for a two-some, so any recommendation for the all who know the are would be great. BTW, I realize some course might be or will have aerated around that time as well.

> >

> > Eagle Creek is the closest worth playing, second would be Shingle Creek.

>

> I appreciate the reply. I’ll look into both. Is Celebration any good?

>

Not if it has just rained, it drains poorly. Plus is very far from the airport.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

> @third-times-a-charm said:

> > @"Mike Honcho" said:

> > > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > > @"Mike Honcho" said:

> > > > Heading to FL on a buddies trip in July for a long weekend at Streamsong. Two of us will be flying in early for a round in Orlando. Ideally, we don't want to be too far from the airport, so I am curious what or where you all recommend to play? I have seen a bunch of recommendations for the area, just not sure how far some are from the airport or at least would be convenient for the other two to pick us up on the way to Streamsong. Again, looking for a one day play towards the end of July (24th) for a two-some, so any recommendation for the all who know the are would be great. BTW, I realize some course might be or will have aerated around that time as well.

> > >

> > > Eagle Creek is the closest worth playing, second would be Shingle Creek.

> >

> > I appreciate the reply. I’ll look into both. Is Celebration any good?

> >

>

> Not if it has just rained, it drains poorly. Plus is very far from the airport.

Ok, good to know.

> > @"Mike Honcho" said:

> > > > Heading to FL on a buddies trip in July for a long weekend at Streamsong. Two of us will be flying in early for a round in Orlando. Ideally, we don't want to be too far from the airport, so I am curious what or where you all recommend to play? I have seen a bunch of recommendations for the area, just not sure how far some are from the airport or at least would be convenient for the other two to pick us up on the way to Streamsong. Again, looking for a one day play towards the end of July (24th) for a two-some, so any recommendation for the all who know the are would be great. BTW, I realize some course might be or will have aerated around that time as well.

> > >

> > > Eagle Creek is the closest worth playing, second would be Shingle Creek.

> >

> > I appreciate the reply. I’ll look into both. Is Celebration any good?

> >

>

> Not if it has just rained, it drains poorly. Plus is very far from the airport.

It's only about 25 minutes from the airport.

Celebration is usually in great condition, but I agree it drains poorly.

It's a course I like to get on once in a while. A little too much lay-up off the tee for me to like to play it all of the time. But once in a while usually works well.

RH

> @RichieHunt said:

> > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > > > @"Mike Honcho" said:

> > > > > Heading to FL on a buddies trip in July for a long weekend at Streamsong. Two of us will be flying in early for a round in Orlando. Ideally, we don't want to be too far from the airport, so I am curious what or where you all recommend to play? I have seen a bunch of recommendations for the area, just not sure how far some are from the airport or at least would be convenient for the other two to pick us up on the way to Streamsong. Again, looking for a one day play towards the end of July (24th) for a two-some, so any recommendation for the all who know the are would be great. BTW, I realize some course might be or will have aerated around that time as well.

> > > >

> > > > Eagle Creek is the closest worth playing, second would be Shingle Creek.

> > >

> > > I appreciate the reply. I’ll look into both. Is Celebration any good?

> > >

> >

> > Not if it has just rained, it drains poorly. Plus is very far from the airport.

>

> It's only about 25 minutes from the airport.

>

> Celebration is usually in great condition, but I agree it drains poorly.

>

> It's a course I like to get on once in a while. A little too much lay-up off the tee for me to like to play it all of the time. But once in a while usually works well.

>

>

>

>

> RH

I appreciate the info. and yes, doesn't seem to be too far or at least unreasonably far. Plus, it's on the way to Streamsong and will make it easier for the other two that are driving to pick us up. I will have to pay close attention to the weather, but they do have a heck of a hot deal on GN that might make it worth booking either way. I've also looked at TeeTimesUSA.

Any other places you might recommend that aren't too far off I-4 that would be good places?

> @"Mike Honcho" said:

> > @RichieHunt said:

> > > > > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > > > > @"Mike Honcho" said:

> > > > > > Heading to FL on a buddies trip in July for a long weekend at Streamsong. Two of us will be flying in early for a round in Orlando. Ideally, we don't want to be too far from the airport, so I am curious what or where you all recommend to play? I have seen a bunch of recommendations for the area, just not sure how far some are from the airport or at least would be convenient for the other two to pick us up on the way to Streamsong. Again, looking for a one day play towards the end of July (24th) for a two-some, so any recommendation for the all who know the are would be great. BTW, I realize some course might be or will have aerated around that time as well.

> > > > >

> > > > > Eagle Creek is the closest worth playing, second would be Shingle Creek.

> > > >

> > > > I appreciate the reply. I’ll look into both. Is Celebration any good?

> > > >

> > >

> > > Not if it has just rained, it drains poorly. Plus is very far from the airport.

> >

> > It's only about 25 minutes from the airport.

> >

> > Celebration is usually in great condition, but I agree it drains poorly.

> >

> > It's a course I like to get on once in a while. A little too much lay-up off the tee for me to like to play it all of the time. But once in a while usually works well.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > RH

>

> I appreciate the info. and yes, doesn't seem to be too far or at least unreasonably far. Plus, it's on the way to Streamsong and will make it easier for the other two that are driving to pick us up. I will have to pay close attention to the weather, but they do have a heck of a hot deal on GN that might make it worth booking either way. I've also looked at TeeTimesUSA.

> Any other places you might recommend that aren't too far off I-4 that would be good places?

ChampionsGate Country Club. Not the resort. The Country Club. Do not go to the resort. Go to the country club.

Resort = rotten

Country Club = gold

Reunion is really good, but I don't think you can get on there unless you know somebody or are staying at the villas.

If you want to make a longer trip that is sort of on the way to Streamsong...check out GC at Eaglebrooke in Lakeland. Only 30 minutes from Streamsong.

RH

> @RichieHunt said:

> > @"Mike Honcho" said:

> > > @RichieHunt said:

> > > > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > > > @"Mike Honcho" said:

> > > > > > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > > > > > @"Mike Honcho" said:

> > > > > > > Heading to FL on a buddies trip in July for a long weekend at Streamsong. Two of us will be flying in early for a round in Orlando. Ideally, we don't want to be too far from the airport, so I am curious what or where you all recommend to play? I have seen a bunch of recommendations for the area, just not sure how far some are from the airport or at least would be convenient for the other two to pick us up on the way to Streamsong. Again, looking for a one day play towards the end of July (24th) for a two-some, so any recommendation for the all who know the are would be great. BTW, I realize some course might be or will have aerated around that time as well.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Eagle Creek is the closest worth playing, second would be Shingle Creek.

> > > > >

> > > > > I appreciate the reply. I’ll look into both. Is Celebration any good?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Not if it has just rained, it drains poorly. Plus is very far from the airport.

> > >

> > > It's only about 25 minutes from the airport.

> > >

> > > Celebration is usually in great condition, but I agree it drains poorly.

> > >

> > > It's a course I like to get on once in a while. A little too much lay-up off the tee for me to like to play it all of the time. But once in a while usually works well.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > RH

> >

> > I appreciate the info. and yes, doesn't seem to be too far or at least unreasonably far. Plus, it's on the way to Streamsong and will make it easier for the other two that are driving to pick us up. I will have to pay close attention to the weather, but they do have a heck of a hot deal on GN that might make it worth booking either way. I've also looked at TeeTimesUSA.

> > Any other places you might recommend that aren't too far off I-4 that would be good places?

>

> ChampionsGate Country Club. Not the resort. The Country Club. Do not go to the resort. Go to the country club.

>

> Resort = rotten

>

> Country Club = gold

>

> Reunion is really good, but I don't think you can get on there unless you know somebody or are staying at the villas.

>

> If you want to make a longer trip that is sort of on the way to Streamsong...check out GC at Eaglebrooke in Lakeland. Only 30 minutes from Streamsong.

>

>

>

> RH

Excellent. I'll check out the tee times at GC country club.

> @"Mike Honcho" said:

> > @RichieHunt said:

> > > > @RichieHunt said:

> > > > > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > > > > @"Mike Honcho" said:

> > > > > > > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > > > > > > @"Mike Honcho" said:

> > > > > > > > Heading to FL on a buddies trip in July for a long weekend at Streamsong. Two of us will be flying in early for a round in Orlando. Ideally, we don't want to be too far from the airport, so I am curious what or where you all recommend to play? I have seen a bunch of recommendations for the area, just not sure how far some are from the airport or at least would be convenient for the other two to pick us up on the way to Streamsong. Again, looking for a one day play towards the end of July (24th) for a two-some, so any recommendation for the all who know the are would be great. BTW, I realize some course might be or will have aerated around that time as well.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Eagle Creek is the closest worth playing, second would be Shingle Creek.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I appreciate the reply. I’ll look into both. Is Celebration any good?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Not if it has just rained, it drains poorly. Plus is very far from the airport.

> > > >

> > > > It's only about 25 minutes from the airport.

> > > >

> > > > Celebration is usually in great condition, but I agree it drains poorly.

> > > >

> > > > It's a course I like to get on once in a while. A little too much lay-up off the tee for me to like to play it all of the time. But once in a while usually works well.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > RH

> > >

> > > I appreciate the info. and yes, doesn't seem to be too far or at least unreasonably far. Plus, it's on the way to Streamsong and will make it easier for the other two that are driving to pick us up. I will have to pay close attention to the weather, but they do have a heck of a hot deal on GN that might make it worth booking either way. I've also looked at TeeTimesUSA.

> > > Any other places you might recommend that aren't too far off I-4 that would be good places?

> >

> > ChampionsGate Country Club. Not the resort. The Country Club. Do not go to the resort. Go to the country club.

> >

> > Resort = rotten

> >

> > Country Club = gold

> >

> > Reunion is really good, but I don't think you can get on there unless you know somebody or are staying at the villas.

> >

> > If you want to make a longer trip that is sort of on the way to Streamsong...check out GC at Eaglebrooke in Lakeland. Only 30 minutes from Streamsong.

> >

> >

> >

> > RH

>

> Excellent. I'll check out the tee times at GC country club.

Look's like GC is closed the day we are going to be in town. At least according to their maintenance schedule.

• 3 months later...

I’ll be in Orlando weekend of 09/14-09/15 looking to play bay hill, reunion and/or tranquilo.

I know these are stay and play properties, just wondering if anyone knows a way to play without having to stay on property? I could also play morning of 09/17 thanks for any advise!

> @pitchmaster1224 said:

> I’ll be in Orlando weekend of 09/14-09/15 looking to play bay hill, reunion and/or tranquilo.

> I know these are stay and play properties, just wondering if anyone knows a way to play without having to stay on property? I could also play morning of 09/17 thanks for any advise!

You would have to know a member, or play in a hosted tournament, to play any of those 3 without staying at the attached hotels. Although, I've heard of people getting onto reunion somehow, but I dont recall anyone ever stating HOW they did it.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

> > @pitchmaster1224 said:

> > I’ll be in Orlando weekend of 09/14-09/15 looking to play bay hill, reunion and/or tranquilo.

> > I know these are stay and play properties, just wondering if anyone knows a way to play without having to stay on property? I could also play morning of 09/17 thanks for any advise!

>

> You would have to know a member, or play in a hosted tournament, to play any of those 3 without staying at the attached hotels. Although, I've heard of people getting onto reunion somehow, but I dont recall anyone ever stating HOW they did it.

I could be wrong but I do think there was a groupon or something on group golfer for reunion not to long ago. Like a member for a day kinda thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I used teetimesusa again this year to schedule my annual buddies trip to Orlando. We are staying at a 4 bedroom townhome in championsgate for 2 nights/3 days. Our schedule for golf is:

Friday: Four Seasons (Tranquillo)

Saturday: Disney Magnolia (morning), Disney Palms (afternoon)

Sunday: Shingle Creek.

There are some courses that unfortunately are closed either due to tournaments or maintenance during the weekend we are going but I feel we put together a solid lineup this year. What’s everyones thoughts if you have played any of the four courses lately?

Titleist             TSR3 10* w/ Tensei 1k white
Callaway       Apex 19' 3 hybrid w/ Nippon GOST tour stiff

NCW                Tour Department DW mid muscle MB 4-PW w/ Modus 105 S
Vokey            SM8 50f, 56s, 60m
Bettinardi       Studio Stock 17

Not many good things to say about Shingle Creek after the redesign. If cost isnt an option I would much rather choose the course at the Ritz. Its not too far from Shingle Creek. Grand Cypress New Course would also make for a pretty fun round as well.

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9° 

Fairway Wood: Taylormade SIM TI 15°, Titleist 917F2 18°

Irons: Ping i210 4-UW

Wedges: Titleist SM8 S-Grind 54°, 58°

Putter: Nike BC-01 33"

> @pheenomz4774 said:

> Not many good things to say about Shingle Creek after the redesign. If cost isnt an option I would much rather choose the course at the Ritz. Its not too far from Shingle Creek. Grand Cypress New Course would also make for a pretty fun round as well.

That’s disappointing to hear. Unfortunately Ritz, Waldorf, grand cypress, and all of the championsgate courses are all closed the weekend we are going.

> @outgolfing said:

> I used teetimesusa again this year to schedule my annual buddies trip to Orlando. We are staying at a 4 bedroom townhome in championsgate for 2 nights/3 days. Our schedule for golf is:

> Friday: Four Seasons (Tranquillo)

> Saturday: Disney Magnolia (morning), Disney Palms (afternoon)

> Sunday: Shingle Creek.

>

> There are some courses that unfortunately are closed either due to tournaments or maintenance during the weekend we are going but I feel we put together a solid lineup this year. What’s everyones thoughts if you have played any of the four courses lately?

>

>

Now they have cancelled four seasons due to restrictions and we didn’t have many options to replace it with. If I continue to use teetimesusa the options were championsgate international or hawks landing. If I go my own route I could play either of the Orange County national courses.

Looking for advice on our annual February golf trip. Will be golfing Feb 8-10 and generally play 36 holes each day. In the past, we've made a trip down to Streamsong every time, but we're getting a little older and the idea of driving way out there and then walking 36 holes is getting a little less appealing. Southern Dunes will definitely be a course we play one day at. Looking to fill up the other 2 days.

Here are courses we've played in the past:

* Mission Inn - Like that it has 36 holes, but El Campeon can be a bit tough after not playing all winter and not a huge fan of Las Colinas' design

* Bella Colina - Fairways were basically painted green and wasn't in good shape

* Orange County National - Panther Lake - This was pretty nice, but nothing special

I looked into Bay Hill, but the prices are quite steep this time of year with the tournament shortly after that. I am a member of Club Corp, so I could get us on Debary, Rio Pinar, Celebration Golf Club, or Mystic Dunes Golf Club.

What suggestions would you have for a group of 4 with handicaps ranging from 3-11? We normally like to stay in the $100 or less/round, but seeing as we normally play Streamsong every year, we're obviously willing to pay more if the course is worth it.

Depends on where you are staying. If you're staying in Orlando I would recommend:

GC at Eaglebrooke - This is down in Lakeland. Excellent course with a fantastic back nine. Probably take 45 minutes to get there from Orlando and the rates will be about $60 in February.

RedTail - Excellent course, you may pay about $50-$70 in February. Located not too far from Lake Mary.

Harmony Golf Preserve - Good Johnny Miller design and usually with cheap greens fees.

You may want to consider World Woods, although it's far away. Personally, I prefer it over Streamsong and it's lot a less expensive.

RH

> @RichieHunt said:

> Depends on where you are staying. If you're staying in Orlando I would recommend:

>

> GC at Eaglebrooke - This is down in Lakeland. Excellent course with a fantastic back nine. Probably take 45 minutes to get there from Orlando and the rates will be about $60 in February.

>

> RedTail - Excellent course, you may pay about $50-$70 in February. Located not too far from Lake Mary.

>

> Harmony Golf Preserve - Good Johnny Miller design and usually with cheap greens fees.

>

> You may want to consider World Woods, although it's far away. Personally, I prefer it over Streamsong and it's lot a less expensive.

>

>

>

> RH

>

>

>

>

These are good suggestions, and I'll add the Celebration is 'ok', so is Falcons Fire and the National/Internation courses at the Omni.

I would NOT use any course from that ClubCorp list. lol, Rio Pinar? That place is a goat track - we just had our fraternity alumni game there earlier this year as it's one of the few places that will allow 120 drunk people to tee off all at once.

I had heard that Celebration was in awful shape which is surprising to hear. Falcons Fire isn't bad, but the pace of play usually sucks and even for myself...that damn helicopter rides place is sending off the helicopter every 5 minutes and it drives me nut.s.

I forgot to add ChampionsGate Country Club. The resort blows. The Country Club is a really good spot.

I agree on ClubCorp. I like the layout of Rio Pinar, but its best days are well behind it.

RH

So if you only had one round in Orlando where would you recommend? I am leaning towards OCN - Crooked Cat. Panther Lake seems to be booked until about noon on the day I want to play. Falcons Fire is closest to my hotel but I will have a car and am willing to travel a little bit. Grand Cypress looks to be about 140ish.. No thanks!

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

In Orlando? I'd go with Bay Hill if I could get on.

At the rates you're appear to be looking at, I'd go with either Southern Dunes or ChampionsGate CC (not the resort, the country club). If you're accepting higher rates, then I would look at Waldorf or Ritz Carlton.

RH

• Like 1

> @sbrylant said:

> Any thoughts/reviews on the courses @ Reunion? I’ll be staying @ a house this weekend that has access to this club...don’t know anything about it. Thanks!

They're all good courses. Palmer course is probably the easiest. I think the Watson course is the best. It's not cheap (probably $180 for a round), but I very much enjoy the Reunion area.

RH

• 3 months later...

for the orlando folks: thoughts on Isleworth. Nona, CCO? If you could play 1 of the 3 which would it be and why?

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 8.0 HZRDUS 6.5
Ping G425 LST 14.5 Ping Tour 75X
Cobra King Tec 19.0 Tour AD DI-105 X
Miura AS-1 4-P Dynamic Golf Tour Issue X100
Mizuno T20 50,55,60 Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron X5

Played Celebration yesterday, overall in good shape. Soft, as to be expected with the amount of rain the area has received last few weeks. Got in right before the torrential downpour haha. Couple holes cart path only, little furry as they can’t get equipment on some soft areas. Friendly staff, would go again. Hope to get in a few more round this week. Any recommendations?

Ping G410 LST - Tensi CK Series 60 X-Stiff
Ping G400 3W - PING Tour 65 X Stiff 62G
Srixon ZX 2i - UST Recoil 95 X Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-PW Project X Catalyst 100CW 6.5 100g
Mizuno MP-T7 - 50,54 - Project X LZ 6.5 125g

Taylormade Hi-Toe 58, KBS HI-REV Flex
Odyssey Ten 2-Ball Tour Line
1.2 HC