how to get "read" posts to disappear from "recent discussions" timeline?

dpark ·  
dparkdpark Members  2587WRX Points: 180Posts: 2,587 Titanium Tees

Before when you clicked on "mark all forums read" and then went to "recent discussions" (I think it was a different name, but I can't remember what it was), you only saw the discussions that either started or had a comment AFTER you clicked "mark all forums read". Now it seems that when I click on "mark all forums read" you still see ALL the threads, but the new threads (or threads with a new comment) are in bold and the older threads are in a regular font. Is this the expected functionality now?

Is there a way to only see recent threads? The reason this is valuable is to know how much new content there is since the last time I was on the site. Now it always shows 100 pages. But I don't know if it is 100 pages of new content or 2 pages of new content until I keep advancing pages and see non-bolded threads.

Posted:
Old stuff:
1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter
New stuff
Cobra ZL 10.5 driver   Adams 5050 16 fairway wood   Adams A2P 20* hybrid
Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Napa

Comments

• nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6910WRX Points: 1,235Handicap: 3.9-9.3-7.7 (Health issue)Posts: 6,910 Titanium Tees

On -, @dpark said:

Before when you clicked on "mark all forums read" and then went to "recent discussions" (I think it was a different name, but I can't remember what it was), you only saw the discussions that either started or had a comment AFTER you clicked "mark all forums read". Now it seems that when I click on "mark all forums read" you still see ALL the threads, but the new threads (or threads with a new comment) are in bold and the older threads are in a regular font. Is this the expected functionality now?

Is there a way to only see recent threads? The reason this is valuable is to know how much new content there is since the last time I was on the site. Now it always shows 100 pages. But I don't know if it is 100 pages of new content or 2 pages of new content until I keep advancing pages and see non-bolded threads.

IIRC the old board had functionality where you could "program" your content to include ONLY unread threads. It looked something like this screenshot of an IP board I belong to.

Don't think this board has that functionality though.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.