Voice Caddie SL1 Hybrid Rangefinder

Searched around, but am having a hard time finding any reviews on the Voice Caddie SL1 hybrid rangefinder. The green undulation data looks like it would help to know which side of the hole to be on when playing a course for the first time. Trying to find out if this thing functions in reality as well as it does on paper.
WITB (short set edition)
8 club bag (play most of my rounds with this setup):
TM M3 440 Driver - 10.5 degree - Evenflow Black 75s
TM M4 Hybrid - 18 degree 
NCW Large Cavity - 24 degree 
NCW Small Cavity - 32 & 40 degree 
NCW MB - 48 degree 
NCW Wedge - 56 degree 
Putter (Still way too many to list!)

IG: Filmooregolf

Comments

• Pwood28Pwood28 Members Posts: 379 ✭✭
    This must be pretty new because I can't find anything on it. I'm going to reach out to Voice Caddie and see if all of the data is available for my home course. If it is, I may just be the guinea pig on this one. The amount great undulation data plus laser would be my ideal all-in-one tool on the course.
    WITB (short set edition)
    8 club bag (play most of my rounds with this setup):
    TM M3 440 Driver - 10.5 degree - Evenflow Black 75s
    TM M4 Hybrid - 18 degree 
    NCW Large Cavity - 24 degree 
    NCW Small Cavity - 32 & 40 degree 
    NCW MB - 48 degree 
    NCW Wedge - 56 degree 
    Putter (Still way too many to list!)

IG: Filmooregolf
  • kkhenderkkhender Members Posts: 3

I bought this rangefinder this week and took it out to the course today. It was well packaged and it has a carrying case that is well built with a magnetic closure that makes it easy to pull it out if you carry your bag. It locks on to the flag quickly. The GPS automatically determined the course and started when I got to the tee box. The green slope contour did not work for the course I played. The optical viewfinder will show actual distance to pin, slope adjusted distance to pin, front/back distances. I am pleased with the purchase so far. I was using the Garmin Z80 hybrid rangefinder but sold it. I had problems locking on to the pin with the Garmin unit, especially when there were trees behind the green. This SL1 may be the best hybrid rangefinder available. The Bushnell looks ok but it does not do slope.

• freddi22clfreddi22cl Members Posts: 15 ✭✭

@kkhender said:
    I bought this rangefinder this week and took it out to the course today. It was well packaged and it has a carrying case that is well built with a magnetic closure that makes it easy to pull it out if you carry your bag. It locks on to the flag quickly. The GPS automatically determined the course and started when I got to the tee box. The green slope contour did not work for the course I played. The optical viewfinder will show actual distance to pin, slope adjusted distance to pin, front/back distances. I am pleased with the purchase so far. I was using the Garmin Z80 hybrid rangefinder but sold it. I had problems locking on to the pin with the Garmin unit, especially when there were trees behind the green. This SL1 may be the best hybrid rangefinder available. The Bushnell looks ok but it does not do slope.

thanks for the review. Looking to buy between the Bushnell hybrid and Voice Caddie hydrid. The Voice seems to be beat the Bushnell on a number of metrics; 6X/coloured screen/ slick appearance/1 battery/slope. Seems like a no brainer . Does VC have the same reputation as Bushnell (can't go wrong with a Bushnell as the saying goes..)?
    anything you dont like so far?
    battery life seems good?
    warranty?
    screen as clear as they advertise?

thanks!!!!!!!!

i'm like 99% certain i'm buying the VC. lol

edited Apr 30, 2019 10:24pm #5

ordered!!!! cant wait .

full report on its way........ B)

• 1t2golf1t2golf Marshals Posts: 3,241 mod

@kkhender said:

Can the rechargeable battery be replaced?

Sic omnia fatis In peius ruere ac retro sublapsa referri...semper ubi sub ubi

got my SL1 adn have used it at the range and 1 round in

-looks cool, fits well into my hand. Would prefer a more sturdy build. Wouldn't say it looks cheap, but its definitely not high end casing material. The holding case is very good using both a magnetic and zipper

• it locks on the flag fast , both days were very windy and it had ZERO issues locking on it. Jolt works well.
    • GPS feature also works well I compared its GPS to laser and its within 1-3 yds.. Turned the GPS feature on when I was at the course and it took only 2 minutes or so to find the course.

very happy so far!!!!!