Voice Caddie SC300 review

2»

Comments

• Dat_DudeDat_Dude Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭

Thanks for posting this video. I really don't plan on using it for fitting anything, but if I wanted to try different shafts I would have apples to apples comparison if I only used the SC300, regardless of how it matches up with Trackman.

2G0gwPW.png EPIC Flash Sub Zero w/AD-TP 6S. Iomic Sticky Grip
    TEE CBX 15
    UDFLwAA.jpg G410 2H, i25 4H
    2G0gwPW.png  APEX 5H
    LAg5lcd.png 6-8 0311XF, 9-GW, 0311 w/Nippon 950GH
    qk7JL4a.jpg TVD K (56, 60) w/DG S200
    Scotty Cameron Phanton X 5.5
    ProV1
    http://www.gamegolf.com/player/datdude
    WITB Link
  • Teed426Teed426 Forum Member Pennsylvania Members Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited May 2, 2019 8:07pm #33

Their other video on SC300 vs MEVO sold me...MEVO it is.

Spin numbers outside (without silver stickers) were certainly accurate enough, and the distances compared to laser range finder, MEVO seemed much more accurate. Would love it if the BGI guys would re-accomplish this head to head comparison with the new SC300 spin numbers added.

• tekmantekman ClubWRX Posts: 452 ClubWRX
    edited May 3, 2019 12:56pm #34

So, I've done some more digging on the spin on the SC300.
    I spent 4 practice sessions over the past 10 or so days and hit over 200 drivers. Avg spin 3169 with the SC300. So, not ideal right.
    Now I knew from my fitting that I was much lower than that and TBH, it kind of made me upset because I was thinking that my driver was losing me yards.

• So, yesterday I went to a local golf store where they have a brand new GC Quad.
    • I compared my driver, Ping 400 LST against M5, Ping G410 Plus and Cobra F9.
    • My driver averaged 2200 spin over 9 shots. Ping was 2700, Cobra was 2600, M5 was 2350 ish.

So in short the SC300 has some work to do on accuracy with the spin. It is presently off by 800-1000 on my avg driver swing.
    I may end up with the Mevo also and compare them just for the heck of it.

Ping G400 let 8.5 Motore Speeder tour spec 7.3 X
    Taylormade M2 15 AxivCore Blue X
    Taylormade M4 18 Veylix Rome 888
    Bridgestone Tour B X Blade 3-pw, KBS ctaper lite 115 X
    Backups - Bridgestone Tour B - X CB, KBS ctaper Lite 115 X
    Cleveland rtx4 52, 56, 60 all mid

• North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 10,365 ✭✭

Do we have any reason to believe the SC300 measures spin, rather than "computing" it from the things it actually does measure?

“1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 

@North Butte said:
    Do we have any reason to believe the SC300 measures spin, rather than "computing" it from the things it actually does measure?

It only says it's there, not if it measures or calculates. My guess is that it is calculating.

• Titleist+2Titleist+2 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭

@tekman said:

@Teed426 said:
    Yes, most interested if someone could run spin data from the SC300 app vs a X3 or TM...the MEVO requires stickers to accurately get spin (without them it can be off by as much as 4K rpms from Tm numbers) if voice Caddie has cracked the code on inexpensively getting spin numbers that are at least within 3-500 rpms of TM data, would definitely make me want to give the SC300 a spin...no pun intended.

I plan on hitting some today, I'll sync and proved a screen shot and some info later.

Just curious if youve tested the SC300 indoors at all? Looking to see how accurate it is with only 6-8 feet ish from ball to net flight

WITB pending

@Titleist+2 said:

@tekman said:

@Teed426 said:
    Yes, most interested if someone could run spin data from the SC300 app vs a X3 or TM...the MEVO requires stickers to accurately get spin (without them it can be off by as much as 4K rpms from Tm numbers) if voice Caddie has cracked the code on inexpensively getting spin numbers that are at least within 3-500 rpms of TM data, would definitely make me want to give the SC300 a spin...no pun intended.

I plan on hitting some today, I'll sync and proved a screen shot and some info later.

Just curious if youve tested the SC300 indoors at all? Looking to see how accurate it is with only 6-8 feet ish from ball to net flight

No, not tested it into a net, sorry

• Shawn15pShawn15p Members Posts: 26 ✭✭

Anyone know what this was all about ?

Contact
    Due to urgent maintenance, the access to Stats will be suspended from 05/07/19 to 5/12/19 5:00 PM PST. We apologize for any inconvenience that may cause.
    You can still use the app but the session data won’t be saved during this period.
    For US, Canada, Europe and Australia
    [email protected]

• ted_bted_b Members Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited May 20, 2019 4:21pm #40

Does anyone know whether the SC300 is more accurate than their older SC200 (on the data that both read, of course)? I realize the 300 does quite a bit more, just wondering if it does the basics better too.

Post edited by ted_b on

My research has shown the sc300 is more accurate than the sc200. Mainly watched dozens of reviews and talked to a friend that has first had day to day experience using track man and he tested them both against trackman and the sc300 wins. It's not a trackman, but for the price it's pretty good. Its 2-5% depending on length of shot. Inside 125 it's really really close, very little difference. As the shots get longer it can vary just a bit, but still pretty good.

• mktroutmktrout Members Posts: 148 ✭✭

whatever the latest update was, when it sycned and updated the firmware on the unit, it deleted all my saved range sessions in the app from since I bought it... not very happy about that!

Taylormade M5 - GD Tour AD DI 60 S
    Taylormade M4 3HL
    Taylormade M4 5wd
    4 - Srixon U65
    5-Gw Srixon 585 - Pro Modus 120 S
    Taylormade Hi Toe 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Bridgestone BXS
    Currently 6.4 hcp
  • IWLIWL Members Posts: 22 ✭✭

@mktrout said:
    whatever the latest update was, when it sycned and updated the firmware on the unit, it deleted all my saved range sessions in the app from since I bought it... not very happy about that!

Same. Lost all but my last two sessions. I try to rationalize it as they are continuously trying to update and improve the firmware/device. My only complaint is that they haven't provided much detail in what's going on with these updates. They should have email blasts with each update with what's going in or in this case if there will be negative consequences from an update. At a minimum a version history with notes should be on their site.

• larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,317 ✭✭

@IWL said:

@mktrout said:

Same. Lost all but my last two sessions. I try to rationalize it as they are continuously trying to update and improve the firmware/device. My only complaint is that they haven't provided much detail in what's going on with these updates. They should have email blasts with each update with what's going in or in this case if there will be negative consequences from an update. At a minimum a version history with notes should be on their site.

Uh oh

That's a red-flag of a not-so-well-run company.
    I just purchased sc300 over mevo. :(

• DeeBee30DeeBee30 Chicago areaMembers Posts: 407 ✭✭

Thanks to all who have posted their experiences with this device. Since a number of guys have been using it for practice sessions, I'm assuming that the expectation is that the unit mainly just measures ball speed at launch, which minimizes or negates the effect of range balls (even limited-flight balls, which ).

Is that about right?

I'm not sure. I've tested it on 3 ranges and different brands of range balls each, and I've Ben back to each a couple times. Each range has consistent numbers, but each is different. For example, top Flight balls fly less at one range vs srixon at the other, but numbers each time at each range have been consistent. Could also be age of the range balls. It's also using the barometric pressure in its calculations each day, so warm days low humidity balls do fly further than colder days. I've used a range finder to compare, and it seems consistent. Think the calculations are still just within 2-3% overall. I can't complain, I like mine.

• new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,426 ✭✭

@tekman said:
    I'm not sure. I've tested it on 3 ranges and different brands of range balls each, and I've Ben back to each a couple times. Each range has consistent numbers, but each is different. For example, top Flight balls fly less at one range vs srixon at the other, but numbers each time at each range have been consistent. Could also be age of the range balls. It's also using the barometric pressure in its calculations each day, so warm days low humidity balls do fly further than colder days. I've used a range finder to compare, and it seems consistent. Think the calculations are still just within 2-3% overall. I can't complain, I like mine.

Many range balls are limited flight balls or super cheap rocks. Any flight monitor will differ from actual yardage given the differences in golf balls, wind, humidity and elevation. When I use the SC300 I'm looking for consistency in swing speed, launch angle, ball speed and sometimes smash factor.

Driver - Home Ping G410 + 9.5*   Away Ping G400 Max 10*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Apex CF-19 5-SW
    Wedge - PXG 58* 
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • GaryKrGaryKr Members Posts: 6 ✭✭

I just bought one. The back of the case is curved and very smooth plastic. Very slippery. Any suggestions for some kind of grip tape I can apply? Thanks.

• wmblake2000wmblake2000 Los AngelesMembers Posts: 5,800 ✭✭

I bought one a few days ago. Seems like it's pretty sensitive to being level and the right distance away, especially for the launch angle and apex - which appear to impact distance. I am not sure I am setting it up right, maybe not exactly same height (but close, within 1/2") or maybe not exactly 5 feet. Anyone have suggestions about setup?

Ping GMax 400 10.5
    Callawy Epic 5W
    Callaway X-hot 3,4 h
    Mizuno FliHi 5 iron
    Mizuno MP4 6-W
    Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

• larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,317 ✭✭

@wmblake2000 said:
    I bought one a few days ago. Seems like it's pretty sensitive to being level and the right distance away, especially for the launch angle and apex - which appear to impact distance. I am not sure I am setting it up right, maybe not exactly same height (but close, within 1/2") or maybe not exactly 5 feet. Anyone have suggestions about setup?

You leave it about 3 ft behind the ball. Test out with your wedge to see real distance with eyes (outdoor) and check with the sc300 to see if right distance is shown. Then use other clubs

@larciel said:

@wmblake2000 said:

You leave it about 3 ft behind the ball. Test out with your wedge to see real distance with eyes (outdoor) and check with the sc300 to see if right distance is shown. Then use other clubs

Ok thx, will do that tomorrow.

Ping GMax 400 10.5
    Callawy Epic 5W
    Callaway X-hot 3,4 h
    Mizuno FliHi 5 iron
    Mizuno MP4 6-W
    Cameron Futura 5W

@larciel said:

@wmblake2000 said:

That worked. At 3’ it dialed in wedge perfectly and read everything else in ways that made sense... thx!

Ping GMax 400 10.5
    Callawy Epic 5W
    Callaway X-hot 3,4 h
    Mizuno FliHi 5 iron
    Mizuno MP4 6-W
    Cameron Futura 5W

Driver you need a bit more distance behind the ball. 5ft seems to work well for me for most clubs.

• IWLIWL Members Posts: 22 ✭✭

The Android app is out now for anyone else who's been waiting on it. I've downloaded but haven't tested it.