Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Linksoul Sunday Bag Mini Review

I picked up the Linksoul carry bag a month ago and thought I'd leave a little review being there is not a lot of info about it out there.

This is my first Sunday bag so I can't compare it to the likes of Jones or Stitch. This bag is incredibly lightweight and seem to be constructed with durable materials. I've play a couple rounds with wetter conditions and the nylon does a great job repelling water when you have to lay it down. I carry 9 clubs with an oversized putter grip and it handles that like a champ. I wouldn't recommend any more than that as it closes in real quick. A nifty 4 way divider top I haven't seen in any other bag. Good size ring for your towel and range finder. Not my favorite strap system as part of the shoulder straps connecting point is of the grab handle. Overall I've been pleased both the single and double carry options. I'm only carrying a few clubs so the straps aren't as big as a deal. If I were to be packing 14 and a couple cold ones it may be a different story.

I would have to say the best, and most surprising, thing about this bag is the storage! A full length apparel pocket that holds rain pants and a jacket. I have even stuffed a sweater in there too after shedding it on these bipolar spring days. That does max it out and makes it more difficult to retrieve clubs, but you could fix that by just not packing your rain gear. Big ball pocket, and four other smaller pockets for everything else. That's right, 6 pockets in a Sunday bag!

Overall I'm very impressed and would recommend. This thing is going to stick around for a while.

Comments

• Power fadePower fade Members Posts: 54 ✭✭

I'll get some more pictures up tomorrow if I get a chance.

• gibbiesmallsgibbiesmalls Members Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭

I love Sunday bags and yours looks great. What is the going rate?

@gibbiesmalls said:
    I love Sunday bags and yours looks great. What is the going rate?

$180. I got it for cheaper as I used a discount code from a podcast. Linksoul also has periodic 20% weekends so I'd keep an eye out for those. Full price seems a little too steep for me so I would definitely recommend waiting till you can find a deal.

Some more pictures

• MaximilianMaximilian Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi!

Thanks for the review and pictures, I've actually been looking at this bag so I found your input great! As you said, not a lot out there about it. Even on their website they give very little information and only one picture (apart from the high-speed video which doesn't show much).

Question: Even with your pictures, I'm having a difficult time telling how large this bag is. Do you know the top diameter? And I guess this is more of a personal opinion, but does it look more like a slim Sunday bag, or more like a normal size carry bag without legs? On the pictures it looks kind of bulky, but as I said it's difficult to really tell from pictures. I tend to like my Sunday bags on the slimmer side.

Cheers,
    Max

@Maximilian said:
    Question: Even with your pictures, I'm having a difficult time telling how large this bag is. Do you know the top diameter? And I guess this is more of a personal opinion, but does it look more like a slim Sunday bag, or more like a normal size carry bag without legs? On the pictures it looks kind of bulky, but as I said it's difficult to really tell from pictures. I tend to like my Sunday bags on the slimmer side.

Cheers,
    Max

The top opening is 7 1/2", it has a small metal rod that runs the length of the bag for structure, but other than that the material is loose. Definitely smaller than a stand bag. In the pictures I've got my rain gear in the full length pocket so it makes the bag look bloated. The 7 1/2" top is similar to the Jones original I believe.

• aiyyeraiyyer Members Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Looks similar to the Utility Rover

• Hat TrickHat Trick Members Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could it handle 12 clubs with no oversize grips?

@Hat Trick said:

You can fit twelve. I tried it out and attached a photo. I have an oversized putter grip and I could definitely see some snagging issues there. It would work, but I would say 10 clubs is ideal.

• ATXHornATXHorn Members Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did not want to start a new thread. Can't believe Linksoul actually did this but I've read many here asking for "Tour" issue clothing....
    https://linksoul.com/collections/tour-collection

Ping G400 Max w/HZDUS Yellow 7X
    Rogue FW w/HZDUS Yellow 8X
    3-5i Ping i500 w/steelfiber 110x
    6i-PW Ping iBlade w/steelfiber 110x
    50SS & 54SS Stealth Glide 2.0 - 60 Glide Forged w/Paderson Wedge Stiff
    Ping PLD3 w/counterbalanced PP60
    Titleist AVX or Chromesoft

@ATXHorn said:
    Did not want to start a new thread. Can't believe Linksoul actually did this but I've read many here asking for "Tour" issue clothing....
    https://linksoul.com/collections/tour-collection

One of the things that drew me to Linksoul originally was their desire to make a product that could be used more so much more than just golf. I'm not the kind of guy that's going to wear a Callaway micro fiber club logo polo to a family cookout. Completely understand the guys that do that, and I've got nothing against them. I just don't want to look like the "golf guy."

So I guess this is a interesting departure for them considering what their original mission statement was. But a logical move, I feel, for them to widen market share.

• North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Power fade said:

@Maximilian said:

Cheers,
    Max

The top opening is 7 1/2", it has a small metal rod that runs the length of the bag for structure, but other than that the material is loose. Definitely smaller than a stand bag. In the pictures I've got my rain gear in the full length pocket so it makes the bag look bloated. The 7 1/2" top is similar to the Jones original I believe.

So this one has dual strap AND has the metal stiffener. That's a nice combination, not easy to find in this size class of bag.

And unlike a lot of golf bags nowadays, it is not...what's the word I'm looking for...it's not UGLY.

Sweet!

“1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 

@North Butte said:

And unlike a lot of golf bags nowadays, it is not...what's the word I'm looking for...it's not UGLY.

Sweet!

It's a perfect bag for what I was looking for. Can't reccomend enough. And yeah, I would have to agree on the not ugly.

• CobraKatCobraKat Los AngelesMembers Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

@Power fade said:

@Hat Trick said:

You can fit twelve. I tried it out and attached a photo. I have an oversized putter grip and I could definitely see some snagging issues there. It would work, but I would say 10 clubs is ideal.

Sweet clubs, btw.

@CobraKat said:
    Sweet clubs, btw.

Now if only I play them. Ha!

• Ashley SchaefferAshley Schaeffer Members Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I bought this bag recently and it handles my 14 clubs just fine. I do not use any oversized grips, however. Sure, the grips can rub on one another and/or get jammed briefly, but it’s nothing awful. If someone demands a completely clear and friction free path for every grip on its way in and out of the bag, he’s probably not reading this thread. If anyone here had a Ping L8 stand bag back in the day (I’m guessing some did given the topic), 14 clubs in the Linksoul is like 14 clubs in the L8 with the stand out. Maybe even a little better.

Anyway, I’m happy with the bag and haven’t had any issues carrying a full set that I couldn’t solve by putting in the 14th club at a slightly different angle.

8.5* TS3 - Evenflow White T-1100
    15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two

@Hat Trick said:

Oops! Forgot to quote you so you’d see it. See above!

15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

Anyway, I’m happy with the bag and haven’t had any issues carrying a full set that I couldn’t solve by putting in the 14th club at a slightly different angle.

Great to hear! Thanks for sharing your experience. I think the 4 way divider definitely comes in handy when extra clubs are added. I'm shooting in the high 80's weather I'm carrying 10 or 14 so I haven't tried more. So I'm glad to hear it can handle 14. Loving this bag a couple months into the season.

@Power fade said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:

Great to hear! Thanks for sharing your experience. I think the 4 way divider definitely comes in handy when extra clubs are added. I'm shooting in the high 80's weather I'm carrying 10 or 14 so I haven't tried more. So I'm glad to hear it can handle 14. Loving this bag a couple months into the season.

Thanks for your initial, and much more comprehensive, review! Agree about the divider. I love the bag so far.
    Side note: Your towel matches my driver headcover. Are you in PNW?

15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two

@Ashley Schaeffer said:
    Are you in PNW?

Yeah I'm in north Idaho. Big time Seamus stan as well.

@Power fade said:

@Ashley Schaeffer said:
    Are you in PNW?

Yeah I'm in north Idaho. Big time Seamus stan as well.

Nice! I grew up there. I thought your profile pic looked like the back 9 at Prairie Falls or The Links or somewhere around there.

15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two
    edited May 24, 2019 12:24pm #23

@Ashley Schaeffer said:
    I thought your profile pic looked like the back 9 at Prairie Falls or The Links or somewhere around there.

Great eye! It's #5 tee box at The Links looking towards #5 & #13 green I believe.

• inditubeinditube Members Posts: 111 ✭✭✭

@Power fade said:
    I picked up the Linksoul carry bag a month ago and thought I'd leave a little review being there is not a lot of info about it out there.

This is my first Sunday bag so I can't compare it to the likes of Jones or Stitch. This bag is incredibly lightweight and seem to be constructed with durable materials. I've play a couple rounds with wetter conditions and the nylon does a great job repelling water when you have to lay it down. I carry 9 clubs with an oversized putter grip and it handles that like a champ. I wouldn't recommend any more than that as it closes in real quick. A nifty 4 way divider top I haven't seen in any other bag. Good size ring for your towel and range finder. Not my favorite strap system as part of the shoulder straps connecting point is of the grab handle. Overall I've been pleased both the single and double carry options. I'm only carrying a few clubs so the straps aren't as big as a deal. If I were to be packing 14 and a couple cold ones it may be a different story.

I would have to say the best, and most surprising, thing about this bag is the storage! A full length apparel pocket that holds rain pants and a jacket. I have even stuffed a sweater in there too after shedding it on these bipolar spring days. That does max it out and makes it more difficult to retrieve clubs, but you could fix that by just not packing your rain gear. Big ball pocket, and four other smaller pockets for everything else. That's right, 6 pockets in a Sunday bag!

Overall I'm very impressed and would recommend. This thing is going to stick around for a while.

Would this have enough structure to go in a cart once in a while?

• Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,203 ClubWRX

Cool bag! I just ordered the stand version and am really looking forward to getting it. Have been using a Jones Utility which I really like but I think I am going to like the top and dividers of the Linksoul better. Just prefer a logoless, understated bag that functions.

Taylormade M2 9.5* Project X HZRDUS yellow 6.0 76g
    Titleist 917f2 15* Diamana S+ 70s 
    Titleist 915h 21*  Rogue black 85s
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P X100 AMT  SS1x
    Titleist SM5 50/12, 56/10
    Taylormade Spider Tour red 34"

• dcfasdcfas Tempus Fugit Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thumbs up on Linksoul.

@inditube said:

I played 18 with a cart this last week and it did fine. It was over 100° so there was no way I was walking. Used 12 clubs and they were difficult to get in and out around the cart strap, but not impossible. Will work in a pinch.

• inditubeinditube Members Posts: 111 ✭✭✭

@Power fade said:

@inditube said:

I played 18 with a cart this last week and it did fine. It was over 100° so there was no way I was walking. Used 12 clubs and they were difficult to get in and out around the cart strap, but not impossible. Will work in a pinch.

I got the bag as I was able to score a 33% discount code which helped out immensely. Took a while for it to arrive

• Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,203 ClubWRX

Should have looked at the Sunday bag... I ordered a Stand bag, got it in about 4 days, but the zipper on the tool pocket busted on my second round. They are already sending me out a new one. Good on them.

Taylormade M2 9.5* Project X HZRDUS yellow 6.0 76g
    Titleist 917f2 15* Diamana S+ 70s 
    Titleist 915h 21*  Rogue black 85s
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P X100 AMT  SS1x
    Titleist SM5 50/12, 56/10
    Taylormade Spider Tour red 34"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file