G410 Irons

LaymanM

> @LaymanM said:

> A little update for you guys. Love these irons!!!! Shot par again, 35, in league. That's par in 2 of last 3 weeks. Hit 8 of 9 GIR. 1 birdie 1 boogie. No fault of irons. 1 bad tee shot cost me a penalty on stroke. Hit green on drop with 7 iron from 170 and made par. so would have been 9 for 9 GIR. Maximizing GIR was exact reason I switched to G410 and they have been delivering 10 fold!

>

> These irons have been amazing and now seeing the potential in my golf game with increased GIR.

What irons were you playing before the 410's?

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

> @LaymanM said:

> A little update for you guys. Love these irons!!!! Shot par again, 35, in league. That's par in 2 of last 3 weeks. Hit 8 of 9 GIR. 1 birdie 1 boogie. No fault of irons. 1 bad tee shot cost me a penalty on stroke. Hit green on drop with 7 iron from 170 and made par. so would have been 9 for 9 GIR. Maximizing GIR was exact reason I switched to G410 and they have been delivering 10 fold!

>

> These irons have been amazing and now seeing the potential in my golf game with increased GIR.

So far, how is the finish holding up on the irons?

Ping G430 10* Tensei orange

Callaway Paradym 16.5 Hzrdus

Ping G430 19*&22* Evnflow black

Srixon ZX5 MKii 5-GW DG

Vokey SM9 54*&58*

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Vice Pro

> @bchilders87 said:

> > @LaymanM said:

> > A little update for you guys. Love these irons!!!! Shot par again, 35, in league. That's par in 2 of last 3 weeks. Hit 8 of 9 GIR. 1 birdie 1 boogie. No fault of irons. 1 bad tee shot cost me a penalty on stroke. Hit green on drop with 7 iron from 170 and made par. so would have been 9 for 9 GIR. Maximizing GIR was exact reason I switched to G410 and they have been delivering 10 fold!

> >

> > These irons have been amazing and now seeing the potential in my golf game with increased GIR.

>

> So far, how is the finish holding up on the irons?

The finish is much better than the 400’s, imo.

Nice review

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

> @Banker said:

> > @bchilders87 said:

> > > @LaymanM said:

> > > A little update for you guys. Love these irons!!!! Shot par again, 35, in league. That's par in 2 of last 3 weeks. Hit 8 of 9 GIR. 1 birdie 1 boogie. No fault of irons. 1 bad tee shot cost me a penalty on stroke. Hit green on drop with 7 iron from 170 and made par. so would have been 9 for 9 GIR. Maximizing GIR was exact reason I switched to G410 and they have been delivering 10 fold!

> > >

> > > These irons have been amazing and now seeing the potential in my golf game with increased GIR.

> >

> > So far, how is the finish holding up on the irons?

>

> The finish is much better than the 400’s, imo.

>

+1

Hit the 6, 8 and PW With AWT 2.0 at Carl's last night and they surprised me. Felt very nice, ball flight is high but very straight and sound was not offensive to me, even with range balls.

May have to pick up a set to really try out but am iron heavy at the moment while I try and sort out steel vs graphite.

Using Ping i200 and TaylorMade p790 currently.

I still hit the G’s better and am more accurate than the G410’s I tried!

aykg7m16ia0f.jpeg

Titleist TSi2 driver, 11 deg, Tensi Reg shaft

Titleist TSi2 16.5 4 wood, Tensi Stiff shaft

Titleist 915H 4 Hybrid, Diamana Reg shaft

Titleist T300 irons, 5-PW, AW

Titleist Vokey 54 wedge

Callaway JAWS 58 wedge

PING PLD Tyne 4 Milled 35"

2022 Yamaha Drive2 PTV-Atomic Flame

> @lawsonman said:

> > @LaymanM said:

> > A little update for you guys. Love these irons!!!! Shot par again, 35, in league. That's par in 2 of last 3 weeks. Hit 8 of 9 GIR. 1 birdie 1 boogie. No fault of irons. 1 bad tee shot cost me a penalty on stroke. Hit green on drop with 7 iron from 170 and made par. so would have been 9 for 9 GIR. Maximizing GIR was exact reason I switched to G410 and they have been delivering 10 fold!

> >

> > These irons have been amazing and now seeing the potential in my golf game with increased GIR.

>

> What irons were you playing before the 410's?

Sorry havent been keeping up with golfwrx lately.

I was playing Srixon Z785 with modus 120s

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

> @bchilders87 said:

> > @LaymanM said:

> >

>

> So far, how is the finish holding up on the irons?

Very good! I'm happy with the finish

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
SC Phantom X 5.5

OP here...a little update. Still love G410 irons. In fact like the line so much I now have G410 Plus driver, 3 LST and 5 wood! Ha

2 rounds of PAR and much lower scoring average this year in my league. 100% satisfaction

• Like 1

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
SC Phantom X 5.5

I joined the all PING club last month. Got fit at HQcame out with a setup so much diffenent than I had been playing. But early results are positive. Of all the clubs the 9 wood may be my favorite. So much confidence from 165 to 185 between it and the 7w

G410+ 10.5 Tensi Orange 63g

G410 3 SFT 16* Alta CB R

G410 7 &9 FW Alta CB R

G410 5 & 6 Hybrid Alta CB R

G410 7-P KBS Tour 105

Glide 2.0 Stealth 50,54 and 58

Tyne 4 35" (not pictured)

zrh38o5otye6.jpeg

kyliy5c9kpfq.jpeg

tbn7lk5novtn.jpeg

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

I've had them in play for one 18 hole and two 9 hole rounds. I haven't shot par yet like LAM or even a career best. But as a former 16 cap that ballooned to 21 at the end of last year, I can already tell these are going to get me back down into mid teens at worst.

The big issue was I had no club or shot for 175 yards before. Outside of 160 I was pretty much screwed.

The full bag fitting was great. We went through each distance then found a club that accomplished it.

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Even though I just recently picked up the 919 Hot Metal Pros I have put in an order for the G410s and will be making an exchange as soon as they come in to my local Roger Dunn.

My reasoning was this...even though I like the look of the HMP more (it's one sexy a** iron) I need to do the same thing I did with my driver last year.

I am both blessed and cursed that I live and work near a bunch of Roger Dunn stores. With their 90 day policy it's easy to try all sorts of equipment trying to land that magical find but at the end of the day you start to just drive yourself crazy with it. So last year, after bagging a bunch of different drivers and not seeing much, if any, differences I decided that the best thing I could do for my game would be to go with the most forgiving driver on the market (G400Max) and just learn to play it right. In other words, stop blaming the club for my issues.

That was by far the best decision I've made for my game as I am driving it probably the best I ever have. Now it's time for me to apply that same logic to my irons. I know my SS, I know which shafts I like and I know I need to play a flatter iron so I put in an order for the G410, Modus 105 S, Red dot.

Now it's time to just shut the brain up and play.

Anyone seeing any crazy distance gaps, hot spots, etc.... with the 410’s. The 790 thread is scaring me a bit.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

> @Cwing said:

> Anyone seeing any crazy distance gaps, hot spots, etc.... with the 410’s. The 790 thread is scaring me a bit.

No, most consistent GI iron I've played.

Just have 1 round and 1 range session with mine, the biggest suprise for me so far is feel (coming from Srixon Z585) I figured I would be let down by the feel vs a Forged club. So far so good!

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5 MKii 5-GW DG

Vokey SM9 54*&58*

Vice Pro

> @LaymanM said:

> > @lawsonman said:

> > > @LaymanM said:

> > > A little update for you guys. Love these irons!!!! Shot par again, 35, in league. That's par in 2 of last 3 weeks. Hit 8 of 9 GIR. 1 birdie 1 boogie. No fault of irons. 1 bad tee shot cost me a penalty on stroke. Hit green on drop with 7 iron from 170 and made par. so would have been 9 for 9 GIR. Maximizing GIR was exact reason I switched to G410 and they have been delivering 10 fold!

> > >

> > > These irons have been amazing and now seeing the potential in my golf game with increased GIR.

> >

> > What irons were you playing before the 410's?

>

> Sorry havent been keeping up with golfwrx lately.

>

> I was playing Srixon Z785 with modus 120s

I play some 785's but have hit on several occasions the 410's. Crazy on the forgiveness factor, but do you miss the feel of the Srixon's? I have the 5 iron in the 585 and it feels and sounds better than the Pings, but man, that forgiveness

Ping G430 Max 10.5, VA Nemesis 55 four

Ping G430 5-18, VA Vylyn 65 four

Ping G430 4H, 5H, 6H, Alta 70S

Mizuno Pro 245, 6-gw. MMT 85S

Ping S159 54S, MMT 105S

Cleveland RTX 6, 60 mid, Tour Rack Raw,Nippon Modus wedge 115

Odyssey Nano 7, stroke lab

Pro V 1X or Z-Star XV

> @bchilders87 said:

> > @Cwing said:

> > Anyone seeing any crazy distance gaps, hot spots, etc.... with the 410’s. The 790 thread is scaring me a bit.

>

> No, most consistent GI iron I've played.

>

> Just have 1 round and 1 range session with mine, the biggest suprise for me so far is feel (coming from Srixon Z585) I figured I would be let down by the feel vs a Forged club. So far so good!

I'm going to have to hit these again when it above 50 and not with hard range balls. I love Ping but I was so disappointed in the feel of the 410's.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

> @dalillama47 said:

> > @LaymanM said:

> > > @lawsonman said:

> > > > @LaymanM said:

> > > > A little update for you guys. Love these irons!!!! Shot par again, 35, in league. That's par in 2 of last 3 weeks. Hit 8 of 9 GIR. 1 birdie 1 boogie. No fault of irons. 1 bad tee shot cost me a penalty on stroke. Hit green on drop with 7 iron from 170 and made par. so would have been 9 for 9 GIR. Maximizing GIR was exact reason I switched to G410 and they have been delivering 10 fold!

> > > >

> > > > These irons have been amazing and now seeing the potential in my golf game with increased GIR.

> > >

> > > What irons were you playing before the 410's?

> >

> > Sorry havent been keeping up with golfwrx lately.

> >

> > I was playing Srixon Z785 with modus 120s

>

> I play some 785's but have hit on several occasions the 410's. Crazy on the forgiveness factor, but do you miss the feel of the Srixon's? I have the 5 iron in the 585 and it feels and sounds better than the Pings, but man, that forgiveness

I mean they don't feel as good as the Srixon's, but I'll take the slight trade off for feel vs forgiveness

Srixon ZX5 MKii 5-GW DG

Vokey SM9 54*&58*

Vice Pro

> @bchilders87 said:

> > @dalillama47 said:

> > > @LaymanM said:

> > > > @lawsonman said:

> > > > > @LaymanM said:

> > > > > A little update for you guys. Love these irons!!!! Shot par again, 35, in league. That's par in 2 of last 3 weeks. Hit 8 of 9 GIR. 1 birdie 1 boogie. No fault of irons. 1 bad tee shot cost me a penalty on stroke. Hit green on drop with 7 iron from 170 and made par. so would have been 9 for 9 GIR. Maximizing GIR was exact reason I switched to G410 and they have been delivering 10 fold!

> > > > >

> > > > > These irons have been amazing and now seeing the potential in my golf game with increased GIR.

> > > >

> > > > What irons were you playing before the 410's?

> > >

> > > Sorry havent been keeping up with golfwrx lately.

> > >

> > > I was playing Srixon Z785 with modus 120s

> >

> > I play some 785's but have hit on several occasions the 410's. Crazy on the forgiveness factor, but do you miss the feel of the Srixon's? I have the 5 iron in the 585 and it feels and sounds better than the Pings, but man, that forgiveness

>

> I mean they don't feel as good as the Srixon's, but I'll take the slight trade off for feel vs forgiveness

G410 feel good in their own way. I dont miss the z785 just because feel. G410 offer much more performance.

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
SC Phantom X 5.5

> @"Carolina Golfer 2" said:

>

> I joined the all PING club last month. Got fit at HQcame out with a setup so much diffenent than I had been playing. But early results are positive. Of all the clubs the 9 wood may be my favorite. So much confidence from 165 to 185 between it and the 7w

>

> G410+ 10.5 Tensi Orange 63g

> G410 3 SFT 16* Alta CB R

> G410 7 &9 FW Alta CB R

> G410 5 & 6 Hybrid Alta CB R

> G410 7-P KBS Tour 105

> Glide 2.0 Stealth 50,54 and 58

> Tyne 4 35" (not pictured)

>

> zrh38o5otye6.jpeg

>

> kyliy5c9kpfq.jpeg

> tbn7lk5novtn.jpeg

>

>

You've got me thinking about going the hybrid-long and mid iron route...seriously.

• Like 1

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @"Carolina Golfer 2" said:

> >

> > I joined the all PING club last month. Got fit at HQcame out with a setup so much diffenent than I had been playing. But early results are positive. Of all the clubs the 9 wood may be my favorite. So much confidence from 165 to 185 between it and the 7w

> >

> > G410+ 10.5 Tensi Orange 63g

> > G410 3 SFT 16* Alta CB R

> > G410 7 &9 FW Alta CB R

> > G410 5 & 6 Hybrid Alta CB R

> > G410 7-P KBS Tour 105

> > Glide 2.0 Stealth 50,54 and 58

> > Tyne 4 35" (not pictured)

> >

> > zrh38o5otye6.jpeg

> >

> > kyliy5c9kpfq.jpeg

> > tbn7lk5novtn.jpeg

> >

> >

> You've got me thinking about going the hybrid-long and mid iron route...seriously.

>

I've ordered a G410 5-hybrid. If I love it, I'll pick up a 6-hybrid too.

• Like 2
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

> @bchilders87 said:

> > @dalillama47 said:

> > > @LaymanM said:

> > > > @lawsonman said:

> > > > > @LaymanM said:

> > > > > A little update for you guys. Love these irons!!!! Shot par again, 35, in league. That's par in 2 of last 3 weeks. Hit 8 of 9 GIR. 1 birdie 1 boogie. No fault of irons. 1 bad tee shot cost me a penalty on stroke. Hit green on drop with 7 iron from 170 and made par. so would have been 9 for 9 GIR. Maximizing GIR was exact reason I switched to G410 and they have been delivering 10 fold!

> > > > >

> > > > > These irons have been amazing and now seeing the potential in my golf game with increased GIR.

> > > >

> > > > What irons were you playing before the 410's?

> > >

> > > Sorry havent been keeping up with golfwrx lately.

> > >

> > > I was playing Srixon Z785 with modus 120s

> >

> > I play some 785's but have hit on several occasions the 410's. Crazy on the forgiveness factor, but do you miss the feel of the Srixon's? I have the 5 iron in the 585 and it feels and sounds better than the Pings, but man, that forgiveness

>

> I mean they don't feel as good as the Srixon's, but I'll take the slight trade off for feel vs forgiveness

I'll take that trade off every day.

• Like 1
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse