EPIC FLASH SUB ZERO DIAMOND HEADS???? (Pics added page 7)

tbone18

Just got to play a round with my triple diamond. I'm not sure what people are hearing or seeing with increased spin or loudness. For me its great. I will need to decide on a shaft, working between a white board and an Orange Tensei. I would say go get fit and if its right for you, enjoy.

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 3 Wood w/ TD-70-S

TaylorMade Stage2 Tour 19* Fujikura Tour Spec VC 6.2

Mizuno Fli hi 4-w/Steelfiber 80-S

Mizuno 225, 5-PW with Modus 105-S

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Titleist ProV1/ 

> @FairwayFred said:

> I have a 10.5* SZ and a 9* Triple Diamond and I hit them on basically the same trajectory. I spin the Triple D a hair more also.

Is the regular low launching or the TD really high launching compared to other 9* heads.

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

> @sbjinx said:

> > @FairwayFred said:

> > I have a 10.5* SZ and a 9* Triple Diamond and I hit them on basically the same trajectory. I spin the Triple D a hair more also.

>

> Is the regular low launching or the TD really high launching compared to other 9* heads.

>

>

I'd say the regular is low launching. I usually play a 9* in most drivers.

• Like 1

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

> @thepinkbomber said:

> Straight from Callaway...Just need to call them and talk to their technical reps...Flash, draw biased more upright, sub zero flatter lie small right bias and lower spin than flash, triple diamond most flat very right bias. They did say the higher toe in the triple diamond could help my miss of an occasional toe hook. They did say they would only recommend the triple diamond for someone that has tour like club head speed regardless of handicap.

> @thepinkbomber said:

> Straight from Callaway...Just need to call them and talk to their technical reps...Flash, draw biased more upright, sub zero flatter lie small right bias and lower spin than flash, triple diamond most flat very right bias. They did say the higher toe in the triple diamond could help my miss of an occasional toe hook. They did say they would only recommend the triple diamond for someone that has tour like club head speed regardless of handicap.

I would disagree with the rep. I’d pick them solely on shot tendency and preferred ball flight. The tour guys are playing them because they want a little more spin and don’t want the big left miss.

interesting that no one can get to a consensus on this.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> interesting that no one can get to a consensus on this.

Not really surprising as there are so many variables and we aren't talking about a bunch of tour players doing testing. Even if we were there are still a lot of variables. It's what makes buying clubs on someone else's experience a fools errand for MOST people.

• Like 1

> @jcg132 said:

> Keep giving the tour issue triple diamond a chance in the sim and on the course, but not seeing any real improvement over my old tour issue epic SZ “L stamp”. Probably going to keep old faithful in the bag for now. Really thought this or the F9 would kick it out.

That OG epic was a great club. The only real downside was that it was super muted and hard to tell where you hit it on the face. Other than that i don't think much could beat it.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Just finished my third round with the Triple Diamond and I have to say I'm smitten. The flatter lie angle and fade bias have been a god-send and work perfectly for my slight toe miss. The louder sound makes it heal like you crush every single shot. I'm very happy I gave this head a try.

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 9* Graphite Design VF 6

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 15* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7
Callaway Apex UW 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 8
Titleist T150 4 Iron Fujikura Axiom 105

Titleist T100 5-PW Vokey SM9 50* Fujikura Axiom 125
Artisan 55*DS+LE 59* DR+LE Nippon Modus3 125 wedge
LAB DF3

> @burns9304 said:

> Just finished my third round with the Triple Diamond and I have to say I'm smitten. The flatter lie angle and fade bias have been a god-send and work perfectly for my slight toe miss. The louder sound makes it heal like you crush every single shot. I'm very happy I gave this head a try.

when you say louder, do you mean louder than the standard subzero? or just louder in general? I love the sound of it as well, I thought the standard SZ was louder, which I actually liked as well.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @burns9304 said:

> > Just finished my third round with the Triple Diamond and I have to say I'm smitten. The flatter lie angle and fade bias have been a god-send and work perfectly for my slight toe miss. The louder sound makes it heal like you crush every single shot. I'm very happy I gave this head a try.

>

> when you say louder, do you mean louder than the standard subzero? or just louder in general? I love the sound of it as well, I thought the standard SZ was louder, which I actually liked as well.

Just louder in general. It has much more more satisfying sound than the tour issue M3 I came from.

Ping G430 LST 9* Graphite Design VF 6

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 15* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7
Callaway Apex UW 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 8
Titleist T150 4 Iron Fujikura Axiom 105

Titleist T100 5-PW Vokey SM9 50* Fujikura Axiom 125
Artisan 55*DS+LE 59* DR+LE Nippon Modus3 125 wedge
LAB DF3

4w2n9e0i6mpi.jpeg

Here are my thoughts comparing the TD to the M5, but a quick backstory. After testing all the new drivers, I picked the M5 because I’ve played drivers for a long time and it was giving me the best numbers on the launch monitor - ie low spin and long. I did test the regular Epic Flash SZ but it wasn’t any better or worse than the M5, and again, I’ve never been a fan of Callaway drivers and I just liked how the M5 looked and performed.

And the M5 is a great driver and improvement over the 2016 M2, which I’ve played for the last 3 years. But on the course, the M5 is really low spin and I felt like I had to swing really hard to hit it on the sweet spot, and even then I had balls that would fall out of the air. So about a month ago, my buddy gets the SZ, I take a few swings and I like it. So I start looking and when I found a lightly used TD at the shop, figured why not.

So the comparison. M5 is 10.5* with KK DC and TD is 9* (+1*) with Project X smoke. I know it’s diff specs but here are my thoughts.

The TD looks great, and I think it looks better than the standard SZ. I actually went with the TD because it’s supposed to spin more than the standard but was really worried about it being fade bias. After a few range sessions and one round, I find it really straight and not fade bias at all. On my best swings, the M5 is probably longer but I get a lot more from the TD without having to swing really hard every time. And after comparing the sound of the two drivers, the TD isn’t that loud although the feel / sound of the M5 is hard to beat.

Maybe it’s the honeymoon but the TD is great and really glad I gave it a shot.

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Odyssey #7 CH

> @sbjinx said:

> 4w2n9e0i6mpi.jpeg

>

> Here are my thoughts comparing the TD to the M5, but a quick backstory. After testing all the new drivers, I picked the M5 because I’ve played drivers for a long time and it was giving me the best numbers on the launch monitor - ie low spin and long. I did test the regular Epic Flash SZ but it wasn’t any better or worse than the M5, and again, I’ve never been a fan of Callaway drivers and I just liked how the M5 looked and performed.

>

> And the M5 is a great driver and improvement over the 2016 M2, which I’ve played for the last 3 years. But on the course, the M5 is really low spin and I felt like I had to swing really hard to hit it on the sweet spot, and even then I had balls that would fall out of the air. So about a month ago, my buddy gets the SZ, I take a few swings and I like it. So I start looking and when I found a lightly used TD at the shop, figured why not.

>

> So the comparison. M5 is 10.5* with KK DC and TD is 9* (+1*) with Project X smoke. I know it’s diff specs but here are my thoughts.

>

> The TD looks great, and I think it looks better than the standard SZ. I actually went with the TD because it’s supposed to spin more than the standard but was really worried about it being fade bias. After a few range sessions and one round, I find it really straight and not fade bias at all. On my best swings, the M5 is probably longer but I get a lot more from the TD without having to swing really hard every time. And after comparing the sound of the two drivers, the TD isn’t that loud although the feel / sound of the M5 is hard to beat.

>

> Maybe it’s the honeymoon but the TD is great and really glad I gave it a shot.

Your lack of fade bias could be because you have it in +1 and the weight in the furthest draw setting.....

> @ohiohunter2 said:

> > @sbjinx said:

> > 4w2n9e0i6mpi.jpeg

> >

> > Here are my thoughts comparing the TD to the M5, but a quick backstory. After testing all the new drivers, I picked the M5 because I’ve played drivers for a long time and it was giving me the best numbers on the launch monitor - ie low spin and long. I did test the regular Epic Flash SZ but it wasn’t any better or worse than the M5, and again, I’ve never been a fan of Callaway drivers and I just liked how the M5 looked and performed.

> >

> > And the M5 is a great driver and improvement over the 2016 M2, which I’ve played for the last 3 years. But on the course, the M5 is really low spin and I felt like I had to swing really hard to hit it on the sweet spot, and even then I had balls that would fall out of the air. So about a month ago, my buddy gets the SZ, I take a few swings and I like it. So I start looking and when I found a lightly used TD at the shop, figured why not.

> >

> > So the comparison. M5 is 10.5* with KK DC and TD is 9* (+1*) with Project X smoke. I know it’s diff specs but here are my thoughts.

> >

> > The TD looks great, and I think it looks better than the standard SZ. I actually went with the TD because it’s supposed to spin more than the standard but was really worried about it being fade bias. After a few range sessions and one round, I find it really straight and not fade bias at all. On my best swings, the M5 is probably longer but I get a lot more from the TD without having to swing really hard every time. And after comparing the sound of the two drivers, the TD isn’t that loud although the feel / sound of the M5 is hard to beat.

> >

> > Maybe it’s the honeymoon but the TD is great and really glad I gave it a shot.

>

> Your lack of fade bias could be because you have it in +1 and the weight in the furthest draw setting.....

True but since I don’t want it to be fade bias, it’s working out great. My M2 for example, even if i turned it up to the higher setting, i found it to be more fade bias than what I’m seeing with the TD.

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Odyssey #7 CH

> @ohiohunter2 said:

> > @sbjinx said:

> > 4w2n9e0i6mpi.jpeg

> >

> > Here are my thoughts comparing the TD to the M5, but a quick backstory. After testing all the new drivers, I picked the M5 because I’ve played drivers for a long time and it was giving me the best numbers on the launch monitor - ie low spin and long. I did test the regular Epic Flash SZ but it wasn’t any better or worse than the M5, and again, I’ve never been a fan of Callaway drivers and I just liked how the M5 looked and performed.

> >

> > And the M5 is a great driver and improvement over the 2016 M2, which I’ve played for the last 3 years. But on the course, the M5 is really low spin and I felt like I had to swing really hard to hit it on the sweet spot, and even then I had balls that would fall out of the air. So about a month ago, my buddy gets the SZ, I take a few swings and I like it. So I start looking and when I found a lightly used TD at the shop, figured why not.

> >

> > So the comparison. M5 is 10.5* with KK DC and TD is 9* (+1*) with Project X smoke. I know it’s diff specs but here are my thoughts.

> >

> > The TD looks great, and I think it looks better than the standard SZ. I actually went with the TD because it’s supposed to spin more than the standard but was really worried about it being fade bias. After a few range sessions and one round, I find it really straight and not fade bias at all. On my best swings, the M5 is probably longer but I get a lot more from the TD without having to swing really hard every time. And after comparing the sound of the two drivers, the TD isn’t that loud although the feel / sound of the M5 is hard to beat.

> >

> > Maybe it’s the honeymoon but the TD is great and really glad I gave it a shot.

>

> Your lack of fade bias could be because you have it in +1 and the weight in the furthest draw setting.....

I went with the 10.5 so that I could go minus 1 degree and I have the weight all the way out on the toe. I wish that I had it set up with a left handed sleeve. Then you could go minus 2 degrees and the D or draw setting would actually be a fade setting. That would be awesome!

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @sbjinx said:

> > @ohiohunter2 said:

> > > @sbjinx said:

> > > 4w2n9e0i6mpi.jpeg

> > >

> > > Here are my thoughts comparing the TD to the M5, but a quick backstory. After testing all the new drivers, I picked the M5 because I’ve played drivers for a long time and it was giving me the best numbers on the launch monitor - ie low spin and long. I did test the regular Epic Flash SZ but it wasn’t any better or worse than the M5, and again, I’ve never been a fan of Callaway drivers and I just liked how the M5 looked and performed.

> > >

> > > And the M5 is a great driver and improvement over the 2016 M2, which I’ve played for the last 3 years. But on the course, the M5 is really low spin and I felt like I had to swing really hard to hit it on the sweet spot, and even then I had balls that would fall out of the air. So about a month ago, my buddy gets the SZ, I take a few swings and I like it. So I start looking and when I found a lightly used TD at the shop, figured why not.

> > >

> > > So the comparison. M5 is 10.5* with KK DC and TD is 9* (+1*) with Project X smoke. I know it’s diff specs but here are my thoughts.

> > >

> > > The TD looks great, and I think it looks better than the standard SZ. I actually went with the TD because it’s supposed to spin more than the standard but was really worried about it being fade bias. After a few range sessions and one round, I find it really straight and not fade bias at all. On my best swings, the M5 is probably longer but I get a lot more from the TD without having to swing really hard every time. And after comparing the sound of the two drivers, the TD isn’t that loud although the feel / sound of the M5 is hard to beat.

> > >

> > > Maybe it’s the honeymoon but the TD is great and really glad I gave it a shot.

> >

> > Your lack of fade bias could be because you have it in +1 and the weight in the furthest draw setting.....

>

> True but since I don’t want it to be fade bias, it’s working out great. My M2 for example, even if i turned it up to the higher setting, i found it to be more fade bias than what I’m seeing with the TD.

Not disagreeing with you, just don’t want others confused. This driver is more fade biased than standard flash subzero without a doubt.

• Like 1

> @jedidan said:

> Would love a head without the line on the top. And if they really are varying levels of open-ness, ill need the triple diamond. but my only chance of getting a lefty one is if i steal it out of phils bag when he isnt looking /ninja.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ninja:' />

all the TC heads have no line.

7jfywc196lzf.jpg

> @ry1808 said:

> If you look at the confirming photo of the 3 star it has the standard Epic Flash SZ weight. If you look at the photo linked by RdS22 if has what appears to be an older Epic weight in the front...

>

>

>

> I've tried the Epic Flash and it was good but span more than my Epic. I'd love to be able to put a heavier weight in the front but I don't want to increase the overall weight.

Did you have the heavy weight in the back? when i got my Flash SZ it came with 2 weights. I notice that in all the retail offerings on the flash they come with the heavy weight. It might be worth trying it with the lighter weight in the back. As you can see in the picture, the top head has the lighter weight.

it2p7ym2tkh8.jpg

anyone know where i could find a 2 diamond head?!?!

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Not quite sure if it has been posted before. What weight did your Epic Flash Sub Zero Triple Diamond had?

Edit: already found the answer. Apologies.

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero Double Diamond Ventus TR Blue 6S tipped 1.5"

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero 15* bonded Ventus TR Blue 7S tipped 1.25"

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 20* Ventus TR Blue 8S tipped 1.5"

Epon AF Tour 4-PW Modus 105 Stiff
Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 51, 55, 59 Modus 115 and 125 Wedge Shaft

Byron Morgan 612 GSS

So far i'm loving my Triple Diamond and have it at -1D with weight to fade. With that said I have added around 8g of melt to mine and pushed it to the front and neutral. Spin is low with a mid flight. It's MUCH more mid trajectory whereas the standard EF SZ was very high launch for me. I'd also say it's spinning less for me than the standard.

Again keep in mind I hotmelted mine in my shop and I've done about 5 other guys TD head's who have the same feedback.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> So far i'm loving my Triple Diamond and have it at -1D with weight to fade. With that said I have added around 8g of melt to mine and pushed it to the front and neutral. Spin is low with a mid flight. It's MUCH more mid trajectory whereas the standard EF SZ was very high launch for me. I'd also say it's spinning less for me than the standard.

>

> Again keep in mind I hotmelted mine in my shop and I've done about 5 other guys TD head's who have the same feedback.

So when you say "to the front and neutral" are you talking between the jailbreal bars? I'm confused where the hotmelt should go without getting near the forward weight.

And is it okay for the hotmelt dry attached to the face?

Anyone else finding these heads to be on the lighter side or do I have a bad build? Headweight is coming in at 192 grams. Weighed the back and front weight separately and both came in at their quoted weights (12 & 4).

Callaway Epic SZ  triple diamond 9* AD IZ 6x
Callaway Epic SZ 15* Hzrdus smoke 70 6.5
Srixon u85 3 iron 
Srixon z785 4-p DG TI AMT x100
RTX4 52,56,60 DG s400 TI

> @Kentsp1 said:

> Anyone else finding these heads to be on the lighter side or do I have a bad build? Headweight is coming in at 192 grams. Weighed the back and front weight separately and both came in at their quoted weights (12 & 4).

Yes - they are purposefully light so they can hot melt them

• 2 weeks later...

Two way to hotmelt the head pending where you want it

Take the shaft out and access through the slot - easier for sole

Take the bottom front weight out for easier crown placement

Ben Guinta (thetourvan) dropped hotmelt in the sole, neutral back. Towards the EP is on the sole

Everybody relax, I’m here