Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

> @DatSliceDoe said:

> > @Warrick said:

> > Just finally got it set up right, playing this morning

>

> Hope it worked out for you. I'm thinking of ordering that setup regardless, as the club is now back in stock (was backordered for a while).

>

> Been another rainy weekend here (12th in a row), but I really got my LTD dialed in, still want to jump ship and get the F9 to see if I can get even more out of it. Hopefully this rain stops for once.

Yes, was better, more consistent

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

> @cj4501 said:

> > @Warrick said:

> > Just finally got it set up right, playing this morning

>

> How'd it play Mike? I have mine 9* 43.5 atmos black 6s and it's pretty nice. Way more forgiving than my fly z+ I had. How's the golf game this year so far?

Hey Chris.

Did you play at Terrace a while back, think I played behind you, just never got in a spot close enough to say anything.

Hope all is well.

Game is solid, just some inconsistencies as per usual, driver and chipping need to get better.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

> @Warrick said:

> > @cj4501 said:

> > > @Warrick said:

> > > Just finally got it set up right, playing this morning

> >

> > How'd it play Mike? I have mine 9* 43.5 atmos black 6s and it's pretty nice. Way more forgiving than my fly z+ I had. How's the golf game this year so far?

>

>

> Hey Chris.

>

> Did you play at Terrace a while back, think I played behind you, just never got in a spot close enough to say anything.

> Hope all is well.

>

> Game is solid, just some inconsistencies as per usual, driver and chipping need to get better.

Yea that was my first round of the year, front was atrocious lol. 46 on the back which is pretty good for me. Same here, driver is coming around now though and short game still sucks. Working hard on it though

> @ORT said:

> For those of you who sold your F9, what is the going rate for one of these drivers? I tried looking in the sale archives but most ads just say "sold" where the price was.

I would say anywhere between $300-$350 depending on the condition and the shaft included. I sold mine for $315, but it had been trimmed .25" and had the Fujikura Atmos Blue in it.

> @balls_deep said:

> What weight setup are most using? Head is feeling a bit light and I’m getting quick from the top leading to some bigger fades than I’d like. May take the accros grip off. I currently have 14g front 2g back.

I have the stock weights in mine (14 and 2) but I added about 6/7 grams of lead tape, mostly in the front area to get this to match the SW I was playing in my LTD (I like a heavier head). So far so good for me. Dispersion seems to be much improved over my LTD so far, but haven't gathered much on distance given the very wet conditions here in the northeast. Overall I'd say a little longer

Cobra LtdX LS - Fujikura Ventus Velocore Red/Purple 6S

Cobra SZ Tour - 16.5 Ventus Velocore Blue 7S

Cobra Radspeed Hybrid - 19 Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699u Pro 4i - Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699 Pro 5-AW - Project X 5.5 Flighted

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54 and RTX Zipcore 58

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 - MH insert at 38"

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS - Triple Track

Never even considered this driver, been using an epic Flash and flash sub zero, trialling to see which one goes in the bag.

Played yesterday and couldnt get either Epic out for the day, the pro said take the F9 see what thats like, oh my that driver is amazing.

9 degree with Helium stiff shaft and it was fantastic, so solid compared to either Epic and the TS2 I had before, straight as a arrow and good distance.

Best driver I would say since original M2 and I have never been able to replace that driver!! Went back into the shop and bought one after the round I was that impressed!!

> @TheShaun said:

> What shaft are people going for in the F9 driver? Atmos Blue/Black or HZRDUS Black/Yellow?

Tour AD IZ 7x at 44 1/4".

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

Pulled the trigger on this one today... returned my ST190G (loved it, just not a perfect fit) and hit a couple F9 combos. I'm typically in the 100-105 mph range. Both the Atmos blue 6s TS and the HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 seemed to spin up quite a bit for me so I tried the Smoke 6.5 and with the weight forward I was seeing 1800-2200 RPMs... I had my 4 year old with me so I couldn't get too in depth but I took that combo with the intention of moving the weight to the back. Driver feels great, and sounds great.... hoping I can get this thing to be a bit more accurate then the 190G was for me.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

I'm getting a nice ball flight with this driver and certainly a good 10+ yards of carry over my old D2 but I do find it rather hard to draw compared to some others I've tried. Looked on the website and it says the 9 degree head is neutral to fade bias. Is the 10.5 degree actually more draw bias in comparison as per the site? Seems strange. I imagine the 10.5 spins like a top because I've dropped to this 9 from my 10.5 D2 and I'm getting a nice high ball flight still and it certainly doesn't seem low spin...

> @ian-500 said:

> > @TheShaun said:

> > What shaft are people going for in the F9 driver? Atmos Blue/Black or HZRDUS Black/Yellow?

>

> Tour AD IZ 7x at 44 1/4".

I’m trying two at the the moment:

Atmos Black TS 7X tipped 1” at 44 1/4”

Fujikura Pro 2.0 6X tipped 0.5” at 44 3/8”

We’ll see which wins a spot in the bag and I’ll BST or eBay the other

> @jabwind51 said:

> > @ian-500 said:

> > > @TheShaun said:

> > > What shaft are people going for in the F9 driver? Atmos Blue/Black or HZRDUS Black/Yellow?

> >

> > Tour AD IZ 7x at 44 1/4".

>

> I’m trying two at the the moment:

>

> Atmos Black TS 7X tipped 1” at 44 1/4”

> Fujikura Pro 2.0 6X tipped 0.5” at 44 3/8”

>

> We’ll see which wins a spot in the bag and I’ll BST or eBay the other

>

Hahaha yes I have a Fuji Speeder Pro xlr8/Attas5/Kiyoshi HB/Tour AD IZ all fighting for the bag spot!

> @Nixhex524 said:

> Pulled the trigger on this one today... returned my ST190G (loved it, just not a perfect fit) and hit a couple F9 combos. I'm typically in the 100-105 mph range. Both the Atmos blue 6s TS and the HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 seemed to spin up quite a bit for me so I tried the Smoke 6.5 and with the weight forward I was seeing 1800-2200 RPMs... I had my 4 year old with me so I couldn't get too in depth but I took that combo with the intention of moving the weight to the back. Driver feels great, and sounds great.... hoping I can get this thing to be a bit more accurate then the 190G was for me.

You and I have a similar swing speed. If my spin drops below 2200 rpm, then my balls start to fall out of the sky and my accuracy goes down. Maybe consider putting the weight back and getting your spin in the 2200-2500 rpm range, and you may see more consistent results. Just a thought.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

Added lead tape to the front area of mine. Brought SW to d4. Put Chrome shaft in from LTD. Much better results.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

> @balls_deep said:

> I'm getting a nice ball flight with this driver and certainly a good 10+ yards of carry over my old D2 but I do find it rather hard to draw compared to some others I've tried. Looked on the website and it says the 9 degree head is neutral to fade bias. Is the 10.5 degree actually more draw bias in comparison as per the site? Seems strange. I imagine the 10.5 spins like a top because I've dropped to this 9 from my 10.5 D2 and I'm getting a nice high ball flight still and it certainly doesn't seem low spin...

The 9* has a flatter lie angle hence less draw bias.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > I'm getting a nice ball flight with this driver and certainly a good 10+ yards of carry over my old D2 but I do find it rather hard to draw compared to some others I've tried. Looked on the website and it says the 9 degree head is neutral to fade bias. Is the 10.5 degree actually more draw bias in comparison as per the site? Seems strange. I imagine the 10.5 spins like a top because I've dropped to this 9 from my 10.5 D2 and I'm getting a nice high ball flight still and it certainly doesn't seem low spin...

>

> The 9* has a flatter lie angle hence less draw bias.

Good to know. So the draw setting just makes it slightly more upright and I would guess on par with the 10.5 head (in non draw) for lie. Really like the driver so far just need to get everything dialled in. Love the sound feel and flight so much.

> @mulliganman30 said:

> Anyone know where to see official driver sales for 2019? I'm only asking because I got an email from Discount Dan's saying the F9 is the top selling driver of 2019 but I haven't seen any sales figures anywhere...

Based strictly off price it makes sense.. very good value in comparison to others.

> @mulliganman30 said:

> Anyone know where to see official driver sales for 2019? I'm only asking because I got an email from Discount Dan's saying the F9 is the top selling driver of 2019 but I haven't seen any sales figures anywhere...

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that type of information actually released, but then again I’ve never looked for it either. Not seeing the email it’s hard to know if it’s the best selling across the industry, or just for DD. Would be interesting to see those numbers as they seem to have a hit in the f9.

Additionally that figure could be skewed as Cobra technically has just one model (F9 vs the standard/+ model of years past) to funnel sales into where the competition give more options that might create higher sales numbers total, but less for each specific model, ie m5/m6, ts2/ts3, rogue/rogue Sz, etc.

> @Mob said:

> > @Nixhex524 said:

> > Pulled the trigger on this one today... returned my ST190G (loved it, just not a perfect fit) and hit a couple F9 combos. I'm typically in the 100-105 mph range. Both the Atmos blue 6s TS and the HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 seemed to spin up quite a bit for me so I tried the Smoke 6.5 and with the weight forward I was seeing 1800-2200 RPMs... I had my 4 year old with me so I couldn't get too in depth but I took that combo with the intention of moving the weight to the back. Driver feels great, and sounds great.... hoping I can get this thing to be a bit more accurate then the 190G was for me.

>

> You and I have a similar swing speed. If my spin drops below 2200 rpm, then my balls start to fall out of the sky and my accuracy goes down. Maybe consider putting the weight back and getting your spin in the 2200-2500 rpm range, and you may see more consistent results. Just a thought.

>

>

Same here... The LM at the store LOVE the sub 2000 rpm shots, I was showing carry of 270 on those, but I realize that may not be realistic. In the real world I can barely get those to stay in the air. I did move the weight back, with the HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 at the range yesterday and it was performing nicely. I could launch it high, or hit mid flight bullets. Seems to be very accurate and I love the feel. It will get a good testing this weekend but I am feeling very good about it.

What is the consensus on the 3w? Easy to launch from the deck? Accurate?

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

Man, find the right shaft for this head and it is unbelievably accurate and long. Of course, the perfect one for me after trying 15 different shafts, would be a $400 Tensei CK Pro Orange. The results compared to the others just wasn't even remotely close. Longer carry, way less spin, higher smash factor, higher ball speed. The fitter wasn't even going to show it to me, because he didn't think I could swing it. I guess I fit myself, then lol. Have keep an eye out of BST for a used one, now.

> @KGilma said:

> Man, find the right shaft for this head and it is unbelievably accurate and long. Of course, the perfect one for me after trying 15 different shafts, would be a $400 Tensei CK Pro Orange. The results compared to the others just wasn't even remotely close. Longer carry, way less spin, higher smash factor, higher ball speed. The fitter wasn't even going to show it to me, because he didn't think I could swing it. I guess I fit myself, then lol. Have keep an eye out of BST for a used one, now.

The orange is an amazing shaft, unlike anything I've hit. You can find them for 250ish on the BST.

> @Booker said:

> > @KGilma said:

> > Man, find the right shaft for this head and it is unbelievably accurate and long. Of course, the perfect one for me after trying 15 different shafts, would be a $400 Tensei CK Pro Orange. The results compared to the others just wasn't even remotely close. Longer carry, way less spin, higher smash factor, higher ball speed. The fitter wasn't even going to show it to me, because he didn't think I could swing it. I guess I fit myself, then lol. Have keep an eye out of BST for a used one, now.

>

> The orange is an amazing shaft, unlike anything I've hit. You can find them for 250ish on the BST.

It really was exponentially better than any other shaft I tried. I'm going to have find one on sale soon.

> @KGilma said:

> > @Booker said:

> > > @KGilma said:

> > > Man, find the right shaft for this head and it is unbelievably accurate and long. Of course, the perfect one for me after trying 15 different shafts, would be a $400 Tensei CK Pro Orange. The results compared to the others just wasn't even remotely close. Longer carry, way less spin, higher smash factor, higher ball speed. The fitter wasn't even going to show it to me, because he didn't think I could swing it. I guess I fit myself, then lol. Have keep an eye out of BST for a used one, now.

> >

> > The orange is an amazing shaft, unlike anything I've hit. You can find them for 250ish on the BST.

>

> It really was exponentially better than any other shaft I tried. I'm going to have find one on sale soon.

Tensei Pro Orange is a great shaft. There are a bunch of tour guys using them (not that really means anything for us, but interesting how so many of them have migrated to this shaft).

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

> @KGilma said:

> Man, find the right shaft for this head and it is unbelievably accurate and long. Of course, the perfect one for me after trying 15 different shafts, would be a $400 Tensei CK Pro Orange. The results compared to the others just wasn't even remotely close. Longer carry, way less spin, higher smash factor, higher ball speed. The fitter wasn't even going to show it to me, because he didn't think I could swing it. I guess I fit myself, then lol. Have keep an eye out of BST for a used one, now.

For a cheaper alternative and a similar counter balanced design, try a Fujikura Speeder Pro xlr8. I'm testing a 63 Tour-X and it is accurate and very long. My Tour AD IZ gamer might be replaced....