If GolfWRX is #1....who is #2

FairwaysToHeaven

4gea used to be far and away the biggest.
Then GolfWRX and BSG started getting bigger and bigger. 4gea had an old outdated layout and started losing posters. I know I left there because of it.

Golf Discussions is pretty good size, and THP has been growing quite a bit, but I think they pander to their sponsors too much and not wanting bad reviews of equipment to get posted. I remember getting invited to join THP when it was brand new, however it seems like whatever they test is the greatest.

I go here pretty much exclusively now, unless I want to look at just putters and then will go to PutterTalk.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer Golfwrx, however freegolfinfo.com
Allows you to track your rounds and hc for free, and has a huge forum with multiple topics and knowledgeable golfers.

Driver: TaylorMade M1 9.5* Fujikura Pro60 S
4W: Cobra BioCell+ 16* Project X 6.0
Hybrids: Cobra T-Rail Baffler 19*, 22* Tour AD S
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 5i-PW, Shafts: XP105 R300
Wedges: Titleist SM5 50*,56*, 60*
Putter: Oddessey Tank Versa #7

• 1 month later...

[size=4]The [url="http://www.torontogolfnuts.com/"]Toronto Golf Forum [/url] is very good with some experienced input on instruction, golf courses, club fitting and rules and etiquette from it's members. There are a few American's living and working in the GTA(Greater Toronto Area) and have made knowledgeable contributions to several different,"sections" of the forum. We're quite fortunate to have them. The one thing we do lack(so far) is someone like Mr. Charlie Penna to contribute to any of the sections found at Toronto Golf Forum. GolfWRX is fortunate to have someone with his experience and knowledge as one of it's members. We also do not have a,"Persimmon Woods/ Hickory Shaft and Classic Golf Clubs" section at the Toronto Golf Forum. I don't for see that being added in the near future but perhaps, someday. [/size]
[size=4]The [url="http://www.rmgc.org/home"]first golf course in North America[/url] was in Canada but has changed locations four times. The[url="http://www.notlgolf.com/index.html"] oldest golf course in it's original location i[/url]s in Canada as well. The greatest golfer I've ever seen play the game is Jack Nicklaus - an American. [/size]
[size=4]Max[/size]
[size=4]Canada[/size]

"One Day At a Time"

[quote name='reride' timestamp='1296425909' post='2937905']
[quote name='adstout' timestamp='1296418565' post='2937581']
I've always found this site to be the best golf forum out there. Anyone found any similiar sites that have such an active and knowledgeable forum members. Sandtrap.com is another that i've found, any others???
[/quote]

WRX is OK but they delete if it's something they don't like or agree with
[/quote]

100% True. Same happens @ Hackers Paradise. Also, I've seen more bad deals in the BST here than all the other forums I belong to combined. I've also seen great sellers here banned whilst the crooks run free.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Orange Hog' timestamp='1444685258' post='12447012']
GolfWRX is the best golf site out there...period. There really is no comparison. Frankly, even mentioning THP in the same conversation is a joke.
[/quote]

There is no better example as to why Golfwrx is #1 than a review on The Hackers Paradise about the Srixon 945 irons. The reviewer (Dan) basically wrote a copy and paste review from Srixon's website. There was not one information eluding to him actually hitting the irons. Not one comparison between other sets. Not one data from either playing a few rounds with them, hitting on the range, or a monitor and yet people are gushing over his review.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1447338870' post='12588784']
[quote name='Orange Hog' timestamp='1444685258' post='12447012']
GolfWRX is the best golf site out there...period. There really is no comparison. Frankly, even mentioning THP in the same conversation is a joke.
[/quote]

There is no better example as to why Golfwrx is #1 than a review on The Hackers Paradise about the Srixon 945 irons. The reviewer (Dan) basically wrote a copy and paste review from Srixon's website. There was not one information eluding to him actually hitting the irons. Not one comparison between other sets. Not one data from either playing a few rounds with them, hitting on the range, or a monitor and yet people are gushing over his review.
[/quote]

The reaction to reviews over there is always the same - praise the reviewer and say he did a good job without really looking at the true content of the review and whether or not the 'review' is just a glorified press release. You should see their Callaway "reviews".

Hell, I am pretty sure Taylormade has stopped dealing with them altogether - did not invite them to the launch event or send them anything from the M1 or PSI lines for them to review.

PING G430 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

Mizuno ST-G 15* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist TSR2 18* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT115X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM10 48F 53D 58D

Evnroll ER2

Titleist ProV1

SITD might get the "worst competitor" award.

I signed up for their site 2 weeks ago to see what was leading their crazies to come to Golfwrx to cause problems.

This is an email I received today from a member there. Mind you, I have never posted on their site so you would have to put in extra work to find me.

[attachment=3033706:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1447677489.768479.jpg][attachment=3033708:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1447677501.356073.jpg]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

[quote name='Gamble Gamble' timestamp='1447677571' post='12604636']
SITD might get the "worst competitor" award.

I signed up for their site 2 weeks ago to see what was leading their crazies to come to Golfwrx to cause problems.

This is an email I received today from a member there. Mind you, I have never posted on their site so you would have to put in extra work to find me.

[attachment=3033706:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1447677489.768479.jpg][attachment=3033708:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1447677501.356073.jpg]
[/quote]

Sounds like a gamble, but that's a good chunk of change.

Take a risk.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

• 4 months later...

That guy iacas is a jerk always bans for a week me for starting topics and call's it trolling. He is always calling me an idiot and changes my thread to what he feels fit.

The sand trap sucks is run by a few people who only promote 5sk golf. I would say this site is best and the sand trap is for snobs.

• 2 months later...

Haha, reading this thread was hilarious.

I used to only post on the Sandtrap, until I started to disagree with Iacas and their mod team, ie dictatorship. My posts were constantly deleted and the thread was left so that only he could have the final word. If I tried to defend myself it was deleted and I was banned for "being an immature jerk." That guy has the biggest ego I have ever seen and will constantly delete and ban people for disagreeing with him.

While there I got tons of PMs from other members telling me about their same experiences.

I finally had enough and told him I had no interest in contributing to a message board where my voice was taken away and my views were shut down. He then created a "** is Banned" thread and talked all sorts of trash about me. Very mature.

But I am glad this site exists and will be sure to get all of my golf fix from WRX now.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

. Yeah gotta say their "official reviews" are a joke and poorly written. But they probably gotta do that to get the swag.

. Yeah gotta say their "official reviews" are a joke and poorly written. But they probably gotta do that to get the swag.

Could not agree with all of this more.... THP was really the first golf site I stumbled on, put in a couple years and it took me a while to catch on to the way they do things. Each piece of equipment they test seems to be the best thing ever even though none of the testers seem to play anything other than Callaway....hmmmmm.

Final straw for me was when I agreed to make a trade with another established member over there ( I know, it's a risk) and got totally stiffed. Sent out a putter and was waiting for a couple wedges, he even wrote me emails saying they were on the way and then gave me the ol' "family stuff" excuse. Got a hold of his phone number and he pretended to not know who I was or what I was talking about... Sorry for the ramble, but I checked in a couple weeks ago and this ***** still hadn't been banned even after making the highest ups aware of it. For two years I was a paid member there, what a waste. One of the reasons this site is so great is because they at least make an effort to protect their members. I love this site, it makes all others look tiny in comparison, especially THP. F that place.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Could not agree with all of this more.... THP was really the first golf site I stumbled on, put in a couple years and it took me a while to catch on to the way they do things. Each piece of equipment they test seems to be the best thing ever even though none of the testers seem to play anything other than Callaway....hmmmmm.

Final straw for me was when I agreed to make a trade with another established member over there ( I know, it's a risk) and got totally stiffed. Sent out a putter and was waiting for a couple wedges, he even wrote me emails saying they were on the way and then gave me the ol' "family stuff" excuse. Got a hold of his phone number and he pretended to not know who I was or what I was talking about... Sorry for the ramble, but I checked in a couple weeks ago and this ***** still hadn't been banned even after making the highest ups aware of it. For two years I was a paid member there, what a waste. One of the reasons this site is so great is because they at least make an effort to protect their members. I love this site, it makes all others look tiny in comparison, especially THP. F that place.

Yup plus I could do without reading posts from grown men about how Holly Sonders or Paulina Gretzky's short skirts offend them.

Yup plus I could do without reading posts from grown men about how Holly Sonders or Paulina Gretzky's short skirts offend them.

So F'n true... LOL I guess there was a reason it seemed like one big circle J for a select few all the time. I think I had well over 1000 posts and got accused by a mod for only being there for the classified section... Do not miss it one bit.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

• 2 months later...

I read TheSandTrap.com regularly. It has its pluses and minuses.

As for the mysterious iacas, I have met him in person. He is a decent businessman with credentials in the science and computer areas, as manifest in his strong focus on precision among posters.

Circa 2011 TST had a running discussion and how-to depository on S&T (stack n' tilt), but that faded quite awhile ago. TST now emphasizes the 5SK golf development system.

As of today, TST has 51,181 members. I'm not sure if that's helpful in determining world site rankings or not.

What's In The Bag (As of April 2023, post-MAX change + new putter)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backups:

• Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip |
  • Slotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim (50 gr. weight removed) |

• 8 months later...

Bumping this,

Can I trust the THP review threads? Every new club is reviewed as 'the best club ever,' 'wow these are hot,' and 'a huge step forward.'

Getting a 'shill-y' feeling from THP review threads.

It seems THP basically exists for people to post enough to get included on the free club testing. If 10 people test a club and they all think it's the best thing ever then you've either made THE PERFECT CLUB or the "perfect" reviewer.

There is no #2 to Golfwrx. My number 2 is bbq-brethren.com. They have the meats!!

Bumping this,

Can I trust the THP review threads? Every new club is reviewed as 'the best club ever,' 'wow these are hot,' and 'a huge step forward.'

Getting a 'shill-y' feeling from THP review threads.

It seems THP basically exists for people to post enough to get included on the free club testing. If 10 people test a club and they all think it's the best thing ever then you've either made THE PERFECT CLUB or the "perfect" reviewer.

There is no #2 to Golfwrx. My number 2 is bbq-brethren.com. They have the meats!!

I am a member over there as well (same name) and while I do believe there are some iffy reviews by some, there are a couple of good guys who review very well. They may say the club is great and works well often, but in reality, don't all OEMs make pretty quality stuff? I mean it's up to the actual buyer to see what works for him or her which if you pay attention to a few of the good reviewers, is what they will say. Also, I have seen ones that say it just doesn't work for their game, but it does do what the OEM is trying to market. Again, may or may not fit your game

I have been a part of one review thread (c300 Forged) and currently testing the helium proto from UST. While I'm no stick, and I know my reviews are not perfect, I try to be as unbiased as I can. The c300F were good/great, but they had deficiencies that I noted and they didn't make my bag for the long run.

Just like here, there are good reviewers and ones who just praise whatever they were gifted because they feel they owe it to the OEM or website. Just have to weed through it a bit and pay attention to the good ones.

Forever Changing at this point.......

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

> @Higgs66 said:

> Recently banned from thesandtrap.. I guess you can not have an opinion that differs from owner/mod.

You definitely can't have a different opinion than the mod. It's actually funny how worked up he will get. He likes to get the last word in before closing comments. Too bad too, because it could be a pretty good site if not for his overbearing need to be right even when he is wrong.

• Like 1

i've had several interactions with iacas, both in person and on thesandtrap. In person (I took a few lessons ages ago), I can't say he's either pleasant or friendly, but that's also not what i hire a swing coach for. imo, he knows a lot about golf and the swing, but not more than many other teaching professionals with as much experience, dedication, data analyzation etc.. I'm not exactly sure why he's so intolerant of other perspectives, but if you haven't met a ton of others like him irl, then you're a hermit.

As for the sandtrap, it's got a crap ton of wonderful content, much by iacas. But it's also not a good forum for many. iacas and mods do pride themselves in being "fair" and "completely open to other's opinions and experiences". But that means they'll passive aggressively (or directly) insult you and then say "you're just wrong and not understanding some basic concept/fact". To me and my friends at least, the mods come off as either "yes-men" or fanboys. Never seen one of them disagree w/ iacas... ever. I'd say it's a great place for reading, but I stopped posting there years ago, and would recommend others to post at other forums first (unless you're just posting supportive comments of the mods/iacas). but again, lots of great articles and stuff, esp by iacas.

> @knuckleballer said:

> i've had several interactions with iacas, both in person and on thesandtrap. In person (I took a few lessons ages ago), I can't say he's either pleasant or friendly, but that's also not what i hire a swing coach for. imo, he knows a lot about golf and the swing, but not more than many other teaching professionals with as much experience, dedication, data analyzation etc.. I'm not exactly sure why he's so intolerant of other perspectives, but if you haven't met a ton of others like him irl, then you're a hermit.

>

> As for the sandtrap, it's got a **** ton of wonderful content, much by iacas. But it's also not a good forum for many. iacas and mods do pride themselves in being "fair" and "completely open to other's opinions and experiences". But that means they'll passive aggressively (or directly) insult you and then say "you're just wrong and not understanding some basic concept/fact". To me and my friends at least, the mods come off as either "yes-men" or fanboys. Never seen one of them disagree w/ iacas... ever. I'd say it's a great place for reading, but I stopped posting there years ago, and would recommend others to post at other forums first (unless you're just posting supportive comments of the mods/iacas). but again, lots of great articles and stuff, esp by iacas.

Haha - this is virtually word for word what I'm going through over there right now. He's refusing to let me post something about strokes gained. He says I don't understand it, but refuses to explain why. It's utterly pathetic. It suggests to me that he doesn't understand it, which makes me question a lot of the other stuff he posts. I'll not be posting anything there anymore.

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

I originally signed up here after stumbling on the forum by accident and discovering the BST section. I guess i got lucky by finding golfwrx first as the some of the stories I've read on this post and others makes me feel like i saved myself a ton of grief not having to deal with buying/selling on those other sites. I've tried looking on THP, TST, etc.... and didn't really care for the forums or the articles. In fact when i want a review or opinion on something golf related when i use google, I normally add "golfwrx" at the end to make sure i get some post hits from there. There really isn't a #2 for me. If anything, my #2 is a forum for one of my non-golf hobbies.

• 4 weeks later...

> @Ty_Webb said:

> > @knuckleballer said:

> > i've had several interactions with iacas, both in person and on thesandtrap. In person (I took a few lessons ages ago), I can't say he's either pleasant or friendly, but that's also not what i hire a swing coach for. imo, he knows a lot about golf and the swing, but not more than many other teaching professionals with as much experience, dedication, data analyzation etc.. I'm not exactly sure why he's so intolerant of other perspectives, but if you haven't met a ton of others like him irl, then you're a hermit.

> >

> > As for the sandtrap, it's got a **** ton of wonderful content, much by iacas. But it's also not a good forum for many. iacas and mods do pride themselves in being "fair" and "completely open to other's opinions and experiences". But that means they'll passive aggressively (or directly) insult you and then say "you're just wrong and not understanding some basic concept/fact". To me and my friends at least, the mods come off as either "yes-men" or fanboys. Never seen one of them disagree w/ iacas... ever. I'd say it's a great place for reading, but I stopped posting there years ago, and would recommend others to post at other forums first (unless you're just posting supportive comments of the mods/iacas). but again, lots of great articles and stuff, esp by iacas.

>

> Haha - this is virtually word for word what I'm going through over there right now. He's refusing to let me post something about strokes gained. He says I don't understand it, but refuses to explain why. It's utterly pathetic. It suggests to me that he doesn't understand it, which makes me question a lot of the other stuff he posts. I'll not be posting anything there anymore.

HA HA same! it's so frustrating, too. i try to be diplomatic when i post there but it feels like the mod team get off on bullying people they disagree with instead of facilitating civil discussion.

recently iacas made a really creepy post after he, the mod team, and others were straight-up bullying me for disagreeing with them:

> BTW, new rule, as I despise talking about stuff with people who won't even share their identity. Add a signature with your identity - we don't need your SSN or your street address, your cell phone #, nothing like that - so we can address you by your name. And remember, this is golf, so we expect you to be honest. No name, no identity: no more conversation here.

when i pointed out how inappropriate and creepy this request was considering the circumstances, my comment was edited to selectively remove critical feedback and i was hit with a suspension from the site! this was after multiple people called me names in the thread and made ad hominem attacks while i tried to provide useful information to help further the discussion. here's the post that was edited by them: http://archive.is/CbhEc#77%

anyway, i'm done posting there. it's kind of a shame because i like some of the members and have enjoyed helping and receiving help from others but i won't contribute to a site that's run by people who are so callous.

> @hoselpalooza said:

> > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > @knuckleballer said:

> > > i've had several interactions with iacas, both in person and on thesandtrap. In person (I took a few lessons ages ago), I can't say he's either pleasant or friendly, but that's also not what i hire a swing coach for. imo, he knows a lot about golf and the swing, but not more than many other teaching professionals with as much experience, dedication, data analyzation etc.. I'm not exactly sure why he's so intolerant of other perspectives, but if you haven't met a ton of others like him irl, then you're a hermit.

> > >

> > > As for the sandtrap, it's got a **** ton of wonderful content, much by iacas. But it's also not a good forum for many. iacas and mods do pride themselves in being "fair" and "completely open to other's opinions and experiences". But that means they'll passive aggressively (or directly) insult you and then say "you're just wrong and not understanding some basic concept/fact". To me and my friends at least, the mods come off as either "yes-men" or fanboys. Never seen one of them disagree w/ iacas... ever. I'd say it's a great place for reading, but I stopped posting there years ago, and would recommend others to post at other forums first (unless you're just posting supportive comments of the mods/iacas). but again, lots of great articles and stuff, esp by iacas.

> >

> > Haha - this is virtually word for word what I'm going through over there right now. He's refusing to let me post something about strokes gained. He says I don't understand it, but refuses to explain why. It's utterly pathetic. It suggests to me that he doesn't understand it, which makes me question a lot of the other stuff he posts. I'll not be posting anything there anymore.

>

> HA HA same! it's so frustrating, too. i try to be diplomatic when i post there but it feels like the mod team get off on bullying people they disagree with instead of facilitating civil discussion.

>

> recently iacas make a really creepy post after he, the mod team, and others were straight-up bullying me for disagreeing with them:

>

> > BTW, new rule, as I despise talking about stuff with people who won't even share their identity. Add a signature with your identity - we don't need your SSN or your street address, your cell phone #, nothing like that - so we can address you by your name. And remember, this is golf, so we expect you to be honest. No name, no identity: no more conversation here.

>

> when i pointed out how inappropriate and creepy this request was considering the circumstances, my comment was edited to selectively remove critical feedback and i was hit with a suspension from the site! this was after multiple people called me names in the thread and made ad hominem attacks while i tried to provide useful information to help further the discussion. here's the post that was edited by them: http://archive.is/CbhEc#77%

>

> anyway, i'm done posting there. it's kind of a shame because i like some of the members and have enjoyed helping and receiving help from others but i won't contribute to a site that's run by people who are so callous.

Yeah that’s pretty much textbook. I had the temerity to suggest that the mental game might account for more than 5% of the difference between any two given golfers. I argued that for a while giving chapter and verse and got shouted down. Then the thread got locked “temporarily” after iacas had his final say. I called him childish for doing that and deleting some other posts of mine and got banned. I sent him a most enjoyable pm telling him I was turning off all my notifications and logging off so I’d never know if he replied but that I would check back if he grew up and posted my thread. He didn’t. He did force out a banning notice to me, but I deleted it. Not sure what it said beyond I was banned. I don’t care either. I’ve been “discussing” other things with him on another forum since but it’s not his so he can’t dictate where it goes. Someone else was ripping into him too. It was fun.

It’s a nice feeling not caring what he thinks anymore. The one thing I’m a little sad about is I do like some of the other people on there. Some of them post here though so I guess I’ll just have to live with that.

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant