Tiger: "LA is better than NY in sports"

NoodleSalad

> @LeoLeo99 said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > Great detailed piece on Lacava, good read, a few quotes I like,

> >

> > http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/26725913/tiger-was-done-joe-lacava-done-tiger

> >

> > Tiger was 'done,' but Joe LaCava wasn't done with Tiger

> >

> > "Yes, LaCava has a furnace raging beneath that calm and approachable tee-to-green demeanor. He is hopelessly invested in his New York Rangers and New York Yankees, but nothing can touch his passion for his New York Football Giants.** LaCava had the nerve to taunt Bill Belichick at the 2012 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am. One day the New England coach was hitting balls on the range next to Mickelson, and LaCava let loose.

> > **

> > **"How about my G-Men kicking the Patriots' asses again in the Super Bowl?" LaCava barked loudly at Mackay, who was standing near Belichick. "How great was that?"**

> >

> > LaCava has known longtime Giants executive Chris Mara for the better part of 20 years. In their many conversations at training camp, or by text, Mara said he has never heard the caddie say a single bad word about Woods, DJ or Couples.

> >

> > "But Joe is very critical when it comes to [the Giants]," Mara said. "I get a lot of bad text messages from him after many of our losses. He thinks he's a coach. He laid into me about the draft. I had to spend 45 minutes with him explaining every pick.""

> >

> > This is great,

> >

> > "After Woods bogeyed the fifth hole on Sunday of this year's Masters, his second straight bogey of the round, LaCava ripped into him, too. Woods just listened as his caddie gave him a profane lecture.

> >

> > "Then I went into the restroom and proceeded to say the same things over and over to myself," Woods said. "And then I came out and I felt a lot better."

> >

> > Woods would play the next 10 holes in 3 under while Molinari drowned his hopes at the 12th and 15th. Tiger hit it tight at the 16th, then told Joe to look at the putt. Woods has deep respect for LaCava's ability to read greens, in part because the caddie consistently drains difficult putts on Tiger's backyard green.

> >

> > "You don't expect a guy built like Brian Urlacher to be rolling in 10-footers," Mackay said, "and yet Joe can really roll it."

> >

> > But this request by Tiger on the 16th on Sunday at the Masters was a bit ridiculous.

> >

> > **"Take a look?" LaCava said incredulously. "It's a foot and a half.""**

> >

> > And this says it all

> >

> > ""Appreciate you hanging in there with me," it read. "I love you like a brother."

> >

> > Tiger had said a lot of kind things in past texts to Joe. "But 'love you like a brother,' I don't think that has been in there," the caddie said."

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> I was in a charity scramble with Mara and Sean O'Hara. Wore my EAGLES shirt. Mara gave me dirty looks. O'Hara and I got into a little discussion. All good fun.

>

>

I once ran into Carl Banks at a mall here in NJ while wearing my 49ers windbreaker. This was the late 90's so not very far removed from those classic 49ers/Giants game. He noticed, gave me a wry smile like "We broke your heart in 1990, so we're cool".

> @tiderider said:

> > @Zengolfer36 said:

> > I feel like everyone thinks sports in their neck of the woods is better than anywhere else.

> > In LA's defense, it is one of the largest markets in the country, so they have more money than God and they SHOULD be better than anywere else.

> > In spite of all that though, seriously, who cares?

>

> they ain't got more money than nyc ...

>

> nyc is better at everything than la ...

> ![](https://media.giphy.com/media/9BUtcdkyFBK2A/giphy.gif "")

>

Sure, why not? LOL Dont quote me on this but I believe that LA is the biggest TV market in the country, which was the argument for the Rams returning to LA even though 2 LA teams have already failed in the past. It also would explain why in the soccer world LA FC has gone from relative obscurity to being one of the best teams in the league in like 2 years.

Obviously, theres a stupid amount of money in both cities but I would still think that LA has more money just based upon all the sports teams that exist in that town.

> @Zengolfer36 said:

> > @tiderider said:

> > > @Zengolfer36 said:

> > > I feel like everyone thinks sports in their neck of the woods is better than anywhere else.

> > > In LA's defense, it is one of the largest markets in the country, so they have more money than God and they SHOULD be better than anywere else.

> > > In spite of all that though, seriously, who cares?

> >

> > they ain't got more money than nyc ...

> >

> > nyc is better at everything than la ...

> > ![](https://media.giphy.com/media/9BUtcdkyFBK2A/giphy.gif "")

> >

>

> Sure, why not? LOL Dont quote me on this but I believe that LA is the biggest TV market in the country, which was the argument for the Rams returning to LA even though 2 LA teams have already failed in the past. It also would explain why in the soccer world LA FC has gone from relative obscurity to being one of the best teams in the league in like 2 years.

> Obviously, theres a stupid amount of money in both cities but I would still think that LA has more money just based upon all the sports teams that exist in that town.

seriously? ... not trying to be an a** here, but you might want to read a a little bit more here and there ... wall street? ... stock market? ... bond market? ... financing? ... banking? ... nyc dwarfs la in terms of money ... [cnbc: cities with most millionaires](https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/18/new-york-city-has-more-millionaires-than-any-other-city-in-the-world.html "https://cnbc.com/2019/01/18/new-york-city-has-more-millionaires-than-any-other-city-in-the-world.html")

> @Vindog said:

> It sure is weird that a couple of guys would argue about sports, I tell yas. Kidding, kidding OP. Honestly I'm surprised Tiger could come up with something like that. He tries to sound sports savvy but you can tell that he really isn't.

>

> But...he might have a point. NY teams have been in the tank for a little bit. Whereas LA has had a Stanley Cup recently, Dodgers in the WS, The Galaxy, better college teams, Rams in the SB etc... NY wins in the obnoxiously-too-big-sports-team-logo-in-the-rear-window department, though. No contest there

That’s where we differ. Dodgers IN the WS? Rams IN the SB? We don’t gloat about the championships that we did not win.

PING G25

PING G25 4W

TaylorMade Burner 3H

PING i200 4 - U

Cleveland RTX 2.0 54°, 58°

Mizuno MCraft II

> @RobNY22 said:

> > @Vindog said:

> > It sure is weird that a couple of guys would argue about sports, I tell yas. Kidding, kidding OP. Honestly I'm surprised Tiger could come up with something like that. He tries to sound sports savvy but you can tell that he really isn't.

> >

> > But...he might have a point. NY teams have been in the tank for a little bit. Whereas LA has had a Stanley Cup recently, Dodgers in the WS, The Galaxy, better college teams, Rams in the SB etc... NY wins in the obnoxiously-too-big-sports-team-logo-in-the-rear-window department, though. No contest there

>

> That’s where we differ. Dodgers IN the WS? Rams IN the SB? We don’t gloat about the championships that we did not win.

And you won't be gloating about the playoffs you're never in either. Except for the Isles who got swept by a Carolina team that didn't belong.

kidding kidding.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip