Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

> @ian-500 said:

> > @KGilma said:

> > Man, find the right shaft for this head and it is unbelievably accurate and long. Of course, the perfect one for me after trying 15 different shafts, would be a $400 Tensei CK Pro Orange. The results compared to the others just wasn't even remotely close. Longer carry, way less spin, higher smash factor, higher ball speed. The fitter wasn't even going to show it to me, because he didn't think I could swing it. I guess I fit myself, then lol. Have keep an eye out of BST for a used one, now.

>

> For a cheaper alternative and a similar counter balanced design, try a Fujikura Speeder Pro xlr8. I'm testing a 63 Tour-X and it is accurate and very long. My Tour AD IZ gamer might be replaced....

That was one that I tried last night also, as well as the Tour AD IZ. I personally didn't care for the Speeder. The tour AD IZ came in a distant 4th behind the Ventus 5s, and the Accra TZ5 55 M4. I really liked the Accra and could easily game that shaft, If the PO numbers weren't so far better, I would be looking for that shaft, right now. Still might, too.

> > For a cheaper alternative and a similar counter balanced design, try a Fujikura Speeder Pro xlr8. I'm testing a 63 Tour-X and it is accurate and very long. My Tour AD IZ gamer might be replaced....

>

> That was one that I tried last night also, as well as the Tour AD IZ. I personally didn't care for the Speeder. The tour AD IZ came in a distant 4th behind the Ventus 5s, and the Accra TZ5 55 M4. I really liked the Accra and could easily game that shaft, If the PO numbers weren't so far better, I would be looking for that shaft, right now. Still might, too.

You tried a Fuji Speeder Pro xlr8 at a fitters? Didn't think these would still be available as they're discontinued....

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

> @ian-500 said:

>

> > > For a cheaper alternative and a similar counter balanced design, try a Fujikura Speeder Pro xlr8. I'm testing a 63 Tour-X and it is accurate and very long. My Tour AD IZ gamer might be replaced....

> >

> > That was one that I tried last night also, as well as the Tour AD IZ. I personally didn't care for the Speeder. The tour AD IZ came in a distant 4th behind the Ventus 5s, and the Accra TZ5 55 M4. I really liked the Accra and could easily game that shaft, If the PO numbers weren't so far better, I would be looking for that shaft, right now. Still might, too.

>

> You tried a Fuji Speeder Pro xlr8 at a fitters? Didn't think these would still be available as they're discontinued....

>

>

No, you're right I didn't, I read it quickly and just saw the Fuji speeder. It was a Fuji speeder TR.

> @mulliganman30 said:

> Anyone know where to see official driver sales for 2019? I'm only asking because I got an email from Discount Dan's saying the F9 is the top selling driver of 2019 but I haven't seen any sales figures anywhere...

THE top selling driver or A top selling driver ( i.e. Just another advertising email) ?

I ask because just the other day I asked one of the salesmen at the PGATSS by me and he said "Epic Flas" by a long shot, TM M5/M6 2nd, followed by Titleist and then Ping (Ping being released much later than the others). Cobra F9 ? Not a blip on the radar.

Based on what I've seen on their racks since the New Year, sounds about right to me. They only ever had about a dozen F9s at the same time. The others ? Dozens and dozens of them.

Please don't shoot the messenger. LOL

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Flowerband whiteboard 73x in my F9 has been heavenly fairways. The OG triple OG whiteboard continues to deliver

[color=#808080][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=2]Yonex 380 VA RaiJin
U65 18* VA RaiJin[/size][/font][/color]
[font=Tahoma][color=#808080][size=2]Don White 4-W TI S400[/size][/color][/font]
[font=Tahoma][color=#808080][size=2]Jeff McCoy 52 58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#808080][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=2]TeI3 Newport 2 [/size][/font][/color]

HC HZRDUS black and HC HZRDUS yellow soon to be on the market

[color=#808080][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=2]Yonex 380 VA RaiJin
U65 18* VA RaiJin[/size][/font][/color]
[font=Tahoma][color=#808080][size=2]Don White 4-W TI S400[/size][/color][/font]
[font=Tahoma][color=#808080][size=2]Jeff McCoy 52 58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#808080][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=2]TeI3 Newport 2 [/size][/font][/color]

> @Krt22 said:

> This is what is in the email from DD

>

> "COBRA F9 SPEEDBACK DRIVER

> TOP SELLING DRIVER OF 2019

> ALL CUSTOM OPTIONS AVAILABLE!"

>

>

> I bet they are speaking about just their sales

> @Krt22 said:

> This is what is in the email from DD

>

> "COBRA F9 SPEEDBACK DRIVER

> TOP SELLING DRIVER OF 2019

> ALL CUSTOM OPTIONS AVAILABLE!"

>

>

> I bet they are speaking about just their sales

I sure read it like ALL driver sales, not just theirs..

> @Warrick said:

> Sorted out a set up flaw with the driver today, F9 is back, and loving it with the Atmos 7s, Tour 3/5 also, done tinkering for the spring

What was it? I find I heel this driver when my usual miss was out the toe. Centre contact just fires missiles though. I can't believe how much distance I've picked up over my old stick. Just working out the kinks but I'm in love.

> @mulliganman30 said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > This is what is in the email from DD

> >

> > "COBRA F9 SPEEDBACK DRIVER

> > TOP SELLING DRIVER OF 2019

> > ALL CUSTOM OPTIONS AVAILABLE!"

> >

> >

> > I bet they are speaking about just their sales

>

> > @Krt22 said:

> > This is what is in the email from DD

> >

> > "COBRA F9 SPEEDBACK DRIVER

> > TOP SELLING DRIVER OF 2019

> > ALL CUSTOM OPTIONS AVAILABLE!"

> >

> >

> > I bet they are speaking about just their sales

>

> I sure read it like ALL driver sales, not just theirs..

How would Discount Dans have access to the internal sales numbers of the major OEMs and all other retailers? They wouldn't...

> @balls_deep said:

> > @Warrick said:

> > Sorted out a set up flaw with the driver today, F9 is back, and loving it with the Atmos 7s, Tour 3/5 also, done tinkering for the spring

>

> What was it? I find I heel this driver when my usual miss was out the toe. Centre contact just fires missiles though. I can't believe how much distance I've picked up over my old stick. Just working out the kinks but I'm in love.

Had my front shoulder way open, and was swaying as opposed to turning. I closed it up, forces me to make an actual turn. It’s only been the driver this spring. Played 36 yesterday, not difficult courses, but 76-74

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

> @Warrick said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @Warrick said:

> > > Sorted out a set up flaw with the driver today, F9 is back, and loving it with the Atmos 7s, Tour 3/5 also, done tinkering for the spring

> >

> > What was it? I find I heel this driver when my usual miss was out the toe. Centre contact just fires missiles though. I can't believe how much distance I've picked up over my old stick. Just working out the kinks but I'm in love.

>

> Had my front shoulder way open, and was swaying as opposed to turning. I closed it up, forces me to make an actual turn. It’s only been the driver this spring. Played 36 yesterday, not difficult courses, but 76-74

That sounds a lot like me. Thanks. Playing the next few days hopefully I can get it all working.

> @Warrick said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @Warrick said:

> > > Sorted out a set up flaw with the driver today, F9 is back, and loving it with the Atmos 7s, Tour 3/5 also, done tinkering for the spring

> >

> > What was it? I find I heel this driver when my usual miss was out the toe. Centre contact just fires missiles though. I can't believe how much distance I've picked up over my old stick. Just working out the kinks but I'm in love.

>

> Had my front shoulder way open, and was swaying as opposed to turning. I closed it up, forces me to make an actual turn. It’s only been the driver this spring.

Im so fighting that right now too.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

> @Krt22 said:

> > @mulliganman30 said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > This is what is in the email from DD

> > >

> > > "COBRA F9 SPEEDBACK DRIVER

> > > TOP SELLING DRIVER OF 2019

> > > ALL CUSTOM OPTIONS AVAILABLE!"

> > >

> > >

> > > I bet they are speaking about just their sales

> >

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > This is what is in the email from DD

> > >

> > > "COBRA F9 SPEEDBACK DRIVER

> > > TOP SELLING DRIVER OF 2019

> > > ALL CUSTOM OPTIONS AVAILABLE!"

> > >

> > >

> > > I bet they are speaking about just their sales

> >

> > I sure read it like ALL driver sales, not just theirs..

>

> How would Discount Dans have access to the internal sales numbers of the major OEMs and all other retailers? They wouldn't...

I don't know. I'm simply saying how I read their email.

> @GT7212 said:

> Flowerband whiteboard 73x in my F9 has been heavenly fairways. The OG triple OG whiteboard continues to deliver

they're still some of the best shafts you can buy (if you can find them) -- flowerband blueboards and whiteboards are just...primo.

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Couple rounds in on the season now and I must say I am pretty happy. I was hitting it pretty poorly on the indoor sims to end my winter season, but its been all good outside. I have the 9 degree with the Atmos Black 6s. Little light compared to my LTD so I have 7 grams of lead tape added (I like a heavier driver, also I feel like I am loading the shaft better now with the weight). So far my distance seems to be on par with normal but the kicker is its very wet here in the north east and I am not getting any roll, so should be longer once it dries up. My dispersion has been great, fairways or just a few feet off. Playing it with a nice fade, which is my preferred flight off the tee. Very excited for the season with the driver.

Cobra LtdX LS - Fujikura Ventus Velocore Red/Purple 6S

Cobra SZ Tour - 16.5 Ventus Velocore Blue 7S

Cobra Radspeed Hybrid - 19 Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699u Pro 4i - Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699 Pro 5-AW - Project X 5.5 Flighted

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54 and RTX Zipcore 58

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 - MH insert at 38"

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS - Triple Track

I wanna rehash the higher spin part of this thread. Is anyone still seeing a little more spin than expected? For me the driver is great and I have a very tip stiff shaft and +AOA but noticing it going far but sort of floating down at the end of the flight and not getting too much roll. Probably about 3000rpms based on my launch monitor experience. Can’t seem to get that elusive 2200-2500 ideal number (if that really is true)

Have driver with 18/6, 44.25 length, Atmos 7X TX black tipped one inch and been slowing the swing down to about 115mph but good tempo

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

> @jabwind51 said:

> I wanna rehash the higher spin part of this thread. Is anyone still seeing a little more spin than expected? For me the driver is great and I have a very tip stiff shaft and +AOA but noticing it going far but sort of floating down at the end of the flight and not getting too much roll. Probably about 3000rpms based on my launch monitor experience. Can’t seem to get that elusive 2200-2500 ideal number (if that really is true)

>

> Have driver with 18/6, 44.25 length, Atmos 7X TX black tipped one inch and been slowing the swing down to about 115mph but good tempo

>

> Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

>

>

What loft are you set at? I’m at 8* with 10/14, pro orange 60tx, and 44.75. I might see a high spin ball on a gross mis hit, but for the most part, my drives are running out a lot. I’m getting a mid flight, with what appears to be pretty low spin. Given what I’m seeing on the course, I’d guess my swing speed is in the 108-112 range. I’d bet my good drives are carrying 270ish, but I’m seeing a fair amount of drives end up in 290-300 total distance range, so I’m getting run out. Also seeing a pretty shallow landing angle, which is nice, because I play in a lot of wind. I noticed dropping the loft to 8* had a much more pronounced effect on limiting spin then having the weight forward. The best of both worlds for me is heavy weight back and low loft. It’s a great combo, especially if a good launch window can be attained at 7.5-8* of loft...

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

> @"Hookasaurus Rex" said:

> > @jabwind51 said:

> > I wanna rehash the higher spin part of this thread. Is anyone still seeing a little more spin than expected? For me the driver is great and I have a very tip stiff shaft and +AOA but noticing it going far but sort of floating down at the end of the flight and not getting too much roll. Probably about 3000rpms based on my launch monitor experience. Can’t seem to get that elusive 2200-2500 ideal number (if that really is true)

> >

> > Have driver with 18/6, 44.25 length, Atmos 7X TX black tipped one inch and been slowing the swing down to about 115mph but good tempo

> >

> > Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

> >

> >

> What loft are you set at? I’m at 8* with 10/14, pro orange 60tx, and 44.75. I might see a high spin ball on a gross mis hit, but for the most part, my drives are running out a lot. I’m getting a mid flight, with what appears to be pretty low spin. Given what I’m seeing on the course, I’d guess my swing speed is in the 108-112 range. I’d bet my good drives are carrying 270ish, but I’m seeing a fair amount of drives end up in 290-300 total distance range, so I’m getting run out. Also seeing a pretty shallow landing angle, which is nice, because I play in a lot of wind. I noticed dropping the loft to 8* had a much more pronounced effect on limiting spin then having the weight forward. The best of both worlds for me is heavy weight back and low loft. It’s a great combo, especially if a good launch window can be attained at 7.5-8* of loft...

>

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I’ll try today turning down the loft to 8-9. I had it at 7 degrees when I was swinging 120+ and cranked it to 10 degree draw setting the last few weeks with a slow swing. Typically I see about a 280 carry with a slower more controlled swing. Trying to hit fairways at 60-70% speed.

?

> @jabwind51 said:

> I wanna rehash the higher spin part of this thread. Is anyone still seeing a little more spin than expected? For me the driver is great and I have a very tip stiff shaft and +AOA but noticing it going far but sort of floating down at the end of the flight and not getting too much roll. Probably about 3000rpms based on my launch monitor experience. Can’t seem to get that elusive 2200-2500 ideal number (if that really is true)

>

> Have driver with 18/6, 44.25 length, Atmos 7X TX black tipped one inch and been slowing the swing down to about 115mph but good tempo

>

> Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

>

>

Most reviews I have seen I believe it was 200 rpms higher or so. I think that even showed up on the spy reports.

Got to try the F9 - I was not swinging well, but not hitting my current driver too bad. The F9 was snap hook city. Between the small grip, the heavier weight being in the back (according to Cobra that makes if more draw biased) and the face not being open.. I was pull hooking everything. Just no forgiveness at all for me. I didn't see any numbers, so I have no clue if it was better in terms of distance. Super disappointing - hopefully I can try it again with a better swing and more adjustments.

• Like 1

> @calfan36 said:

> I haven't read thru the entire thread, but I'm interested in people who switched from King LTD. I get great numbers with it, is the F9 an improvement in any way?

For me, I should never have played the LTD with a HZRDUS Red 6.0. At least that's according to a fitting I just got back from for the F9. +20 yards on F9 at 13* with the Atmos black 6S. I need loft. And a swing change.

I picked up the F9 avalanche 9 with stock Fuji Atmos 6s, first full round today. Set at +1.5 with 14g weight front and 2g back. The F8+ with Even Flow blue 5.5 has been the best and longest driver I've played, as the King LTD was before it... with that said, all I can say is WOW. F9 is a monster, lol. I crushed it today, medium ball flight with roll, roll, roll (granted, fairways were short grass and dry). At least 3 drives my swing felt like crap on the downswing, you know the feeling when you just know it's going to be a bad tee ball. Each one, though, was mashed. The feel, sound and results are clear. On a good day, I might pound one 260. Today I had one 300+ (never happens), 4 275-285 and the rest were 250-65. This combo is a magic match for me.

• Like 1

Cobra Aerojet 10.5 +1.5 Mitsubishi Kai'li S
Cobra LTDx 5w PX Hzrdus green 5.5

Cobra King Utility 20.5 Elements Chrome S 20.5

Mizuno 243 5-P DG S200
Corey Paul 52, 56, 60 
Mizuno OMOI 3 black 35"
Emeritus set:  Mizuno MP20 HMB 5, MMC 6-8, MP 9-P KBS C-taper Lite R 

I have been very happy with the F9 driver, playing it at 9 degrees with the Tensei Blue shaft, cut down a half inch...I thought I might lose a bit of distance since it is cut a half inch, but it certainly does not appear to be the case...I have always played a 10.5 degree driver, but the 9 degree driver gives me plenty of elevation....

> @jabwind51 said:

> > @"Hookasaurus Rex" said:

> > > @jabwind51 said:

> > > I wanna rehash the higher spin part of this thread. Is anyone still seeing a little more spin than expected? For me the driver is great and I have a very tip stiff shaft and +AOA but noticing it going far but sort of floating down at the end of the flight and not getting too much roll. Probably about 3000rpms based on my launch monitor experience. Can’t seem to get that elusive 2200-2500 ideal number (if that really is true)

> > >

> > > Have driver with 18/6, 44.25 length, Atmos 7X TX black tipped one inch and been slowing the swing down to about 115mph but good tempo

> > >

> > > Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

> > >

> > >

> > What loft are you set at? I’m at 8* with 10/14, pro orange 60tx, and 44.75. I might see a high spin ball on a gross mis hit, but for the most part, my drives are running out a lot. I’m getting a mid flight, with what appears to be pretty low spin. Given what I’m seeing on the course, I’d guess my swing speed is in the 108-112 range. I’d bet my good drives are carrying 270ish, but I’m seeing a fair amount of drives end up in 290-300 total distance range, so I’m getting run out. Also seeing a pretty shallow landing angle, which is nice, because I play in a lot of wind. I noticed dropping the loft to 8* had a much more pronounced effect on limiting spin then having the weight forward. The best of both worlds for me is heavy weight back and low loft. It’s a great combo, especially if a good launch window can be attained at 7.5-8* of loft...

> >

>

> Interesting. Thanks for the info. I’ll try today turning down the loft to 8-9. I had it at 7 degrees when I was swinging 120+ and cranked it to 10 degree draw setting the last few weeks with a slow swing. Typically I see about a 280 carry with a slower more controlled swing. Trying to hit fairways at 60-70% speed.

>

> ?

Tried 9 degrees and draw setting and much better. Granted, I have a two way miss and the driver has been the momentum killer in many of my good rounds since always but impressive distance on off center...and there is no driver out there in 2019 that feels as good as this one on dead sweet spot strikes...and I’ve tried them all

Poked a couple over 310-315 with some solid roll but flight was nice and mid height. Have to say 8 degrees may be even better but I worry since I’m So inconsistent that 9 should be OK for now.

I’m going to be 1. Getting more lessons 2. Comparing this in the exact shaft setup in a M5 and will report back.

> @mulliganman30 said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @mulliganman30 said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > This is what is in the email from DD

> > > >

> > > > "COBRA F9 SPEEDBACK DRIVER

> > > > TOP SELLING DRIVER OF 2019

> > > > ALL CUSTOM OPTIONS AVAILABLE!"

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I bet they are speaking about just their sales

> > >

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > This is what is in the email from DD

> > > >

> > > > "COBRA F9 SPEEDBACK DRIVER

> > > > TOP SELLING DRIVER OF 2019

> > > > ALL CUSTOM OPTIONS AVAILABLE!"

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I bet they are speaking about just their sales

> > >

> > > I sure read it like ALL driver sales, not just theirs..

> >

> > How would Discount Dans have access to the internal sales numbers of the major OEMs and all other retailers? They wouldn't...

>

> I don't know. I'm simply saying how I read their email.

I have seen one Epic Flash at my course. I've seen maybe a dozen F9's. All of the Callaway players seem to be holding on to either the Epic SZ or the Rogue SZ. Those two are about 50/50 split. I asked a couple of guys if they had tried the Flash and both said they had demo'ed it and while it was a solid piece of gear, it wasn't any real improvement over their current drivers. Obviously an insignificant sample size so who really knows.