Koepka defends title; shows charisma with fist pump; glfwrx goes wild

tiderider

> @Pent08 said:

> > @"FIRs&GIRs&3-Putts" said:

> > > @pgapromex said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @pgapromex said:

> > > > > So I'm hearing words like personality, emotions on sleeve, likeable, not the guy I want to be around etc

> > > > >

> > > > > Did I wander into the Vogue forum by mistake?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > So I have a theory. Could it be that you're a brooks fan ? And by your words that would make you a brooks “ fanboy “ ? ( notice the question mark. Not a statement )

> > > >

> > > > So ..... what’s wrong with others preferring to watch someone else ? There has to be a reason why you find this exciting and others don’t. No?

> > > Again, dont quit your day job. As I said above, I dont get the fanboy thing. When I watch golf, I want to see the best players in the world do their best. Whether its Tiger, DJ, BK, Rickie, Justin winning I dont care, just like to watch excellence on display. This week its Koepka.

> > >

> >

> > And for many, we find Brooks' A-game to be the least interesting of the lot, it isn't that we can't appreciate excellence -- it's that some of us prefer to have the guy producing excellence look as if he remotely cares, it's not like Brooks has a particularly beautiful swing either. I like him but I really struggle to warm to guys who don't seem to love golf, in the case of Koepka he would quite clearly prefer to be playing another sport -- there isn't anything wrong with that but, for me, I slightly resent seeing a guy who loves the game less than many who he is competing against dominate.

>

> I agree that his game isn't exactly scintillating, but don't confuse a lack of charisma with a lack of interest.

> his game is completely scintillating! He distance control and shot-shaping capabilities are extremely high level, impressive and in full flight during majors......287yd 3wd into the breeze on fridays round was very scintillating.......not sure what I'm missing...

> @pgapromex said:

> Basically all the Tiger fanboys are miffed because their idol got crushed and sent home. So they come up with absurd complaints about Brooks. Best one yet is that BK is boring because he hits too many fairways and greens. Honorable mention goes to he doesn't fist pump like Tiger.

I'm not a Tiger fan boy and I think Brooks is boring.

I like watching Phil Mickelson, Jordan Spieth, Jason Day, Rory McIlroy, Rickie Fowler, and a ton of other guys too. But not Brooks.

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > @PumaAttack said:

> > > > This is the most boring major I can remember. Wow this is awful.

> > >

> > > If Tiger was winning by this much all his fanboys would be here proclaiming it's "the best ever"... :smile:

> >

> > That was my point earlier. The fanboys are here. Just different boys. Why is it ok for one set and not the other ?

>

> Tiger has a **** of a lot more charisma then Brooks. Huge difference in this scenario.

He didn't have that much charisma when he missed the cut. Here is something else, if Tiger really gave a sh** for his fans, he would have showed up prepared to play, and play to win, place or show.

Nope not Tiger, and yet you bang on Brooks, for showing up to play and possibly win. That's what

is wrong with this premise that Brooks has little

Charisma, the guy shows up and performs. That speaks volumes to me.

• Like 2

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

> @imakaveli said:

> So US Open will be a walk in the park for brooks as the PGA, hopefully Portrush will make it a more interesting tournament. Pitty Rory will miss the cut though.

At Pebble Brooks will not have the distance advantage that he has on these 7500 yard courses. Brings many more players into the picture. Tiger should probably be the favorite but many others have a chance. My guess is that someone in the Kutcher category will take it.

Murv

> @tsecor said:

> this may be one of the worst majors in history as far as excitement is concerned

> @" SwooshLT" said:

> > @PumaAttack said:

> > Brooks’ attitude makes this boring. It’s like he doesn’t even care he is winning. Or even playing golf at all.

>

>

> Maybe it's his way of dominating......ACTING as though he doesn't giving him the opportunity to relax and play vs getting uptight and gagging?

You got it. Many that don't do well in the heat of the moment and intense challenges, are typically those that ride the emotional roller coaster. Golf magnifies that more than just about any other game.

• Like 1

> @Cwebb said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > this may be one of the worst majors in history as far as excitement is concerned

>

> > @" SwooshLT" said:

> > > @PumaAttack said:

> > > Brooks’ attitude makes this boring. It’s like he doesn’t even care he is winning. Or even playing golf at all.

> >

> >

> > Maybe it's his way of dominating......ACTING as though he doesn't giving him the opportunity to relax and play vs getting uptight and gagging?

>

> You got it. Many that don't do well in the heat of the moment and intense challenges, are typically those that ride the emotional roller coaster. Golf magnifies that more than just about any other game.

Tell ME about it! I'm an emotional basket case at times putting such a hindrance on my performance

> @"Mr. Hogan" said:

> > @pgapromex said:

> > Basically all the Tiger fanboys are miffed because their idol got crushed and sent home. So they come up with absurd complaints about Brooks. Best one yet is that BK is boring because he hits too many fairways and greens. Honorable mention goes to he doesn't fist pump like Tiger.

>

> I'm not a Tiger fan boy and I think Brooks is boring.

>

> I like watching Phil Mickelson, Jordan Spieth, Jason Day, Rory McIlroy, Rickie Fowler, and a ton of other guys too. But not Brooks.

I like those guys too but if you think BK playing to a plus 13 handicap this week is boring I dont know what to tell you.

• Like 1

> @bscinstnct said:

>

>

>

> > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > @PumaAttack said:

> > > This is the most boring major I can remember. Wow this is awful.

> >

> > If Tiger was winning by this much all his fanboys would be here proclaiming it's "the best ever"... :smile:

>

> Its a good thing TW isnt doing this.

>

> The rioting on the course would cause an earthquake and ensuing tsunami that would engulf the entire eastern seaboard ; )

>

>

More rioting if Tiger was in second place behind Brooks.

and guys like this...

h7423ncmu23r.png

Mr. Koepka, my associates and I "encourage" you drive a few balls into the rough.

• Like 1

> @youdamantiger said:

> Brooks is a hard guy to root for if you're steeped in the traditions, majesty, and ephemeral beauty of the game of golf.

Yeah, that Bob Jones was really something. ;-)

But seriously, I'm all for anyone who opts out of the Jim Nantz schmaltz thing of treating professional golf like it's a spiritual encounter with the essential truth and beauty of the universe. Yech, gag me.

Watching Brooks is like watching Jack in his early prime.

If Brooks Koepka lifts the Wanamaker Trophy tomorrow, he’d be the first player to be a current two-time defending champion in two of the four majors at the same time. (On the pro side, Lawson Little won both Amateurs in back to back years in 1934 and 1935)

Tiger Woods is the only player to date to successfully defend his PGA title in the stroke play era and he did it twice.

Important OWGR update for those further down the leaderboard

click on image to see whole list

Top 60 on Monday are headed to the US Open.

Top 50 on Monday 27th will be in the British Open.

> @Lagavulin62 said:

> > @thevaporz said:

> > @Lagavulin62 said:

> > > > @"Mr. Hogan" said:

> > > > Boooooooring!

> > > >

> > > > I have not spent one minute watching this snooze fest. Sunday is unlikely to be any different.

> > > >

> > > > Brooks K. has all the sizzle of beige carpet.

> > >

> > > Yep. Very uninteresting major. And the Preakness coverage wasn’t much better. Tonight for maybe 8 rounds we get a boxing match.

> >

> > Gonna be a great fight! I'll take Breazeale +575 just because anything can happen tonight. I think it'll go the distance.

> >

> >

>

> Well just to be on the safe side don’t miss the Russell fight. I have just never been impressed with Braezeale. Just too sluggish to me.

>

Right on. Finishing up the Wu-Tang docuseries and pumped for the fights to start. I like Wilder, just throwing a $20 down on Breazeale for fun. The Fury rematch will be another epic bout. Does Schwarz stand any chance in a few weeks?

> @pgapromex said:

> Basically all the Tiger fanboys are miffed because their idol got crushed and sent home. So they come up with absurd complaints about Brooks. Best one yet is that BK is boring because he hits too many fairways and greens. Honorable mention goes to he doesn't fist pump like Tiger.

Brooks and Tiger both have equal parts charisma. Yeah, dream on my man. Dream on.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @MIgolfer20 said:

> would this be the biggest collapse in a major ever?

1. Arnold Palmer, 1966 U.S. Open. Seeking a career-capping victory, the King not only blew a seven-stroke lead on the final nine but also coughed up a two-stroke advantage on the back nine of the ensuing 18-hole playoff. Palmer was never again the same player.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golf.com/tour-and-news/biggest-chokes-major-championship-history/amp/

> @puttingmatt said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > @PumaAttack said:

> > > > > This is the most boring major I can remember. Wow this is awful.

> > > >

> > > > If Tiger was winning by this much all his fanboys would be here proclaiming it's "the best ever"... :smile:

> > >

> > > That was my point earlier. The fanboys are here. Just different boys. Why is it ok for one set and not the other ?

> >

> > Tiger has a **** of a lot more charisma then Brooks. Huge difference in this scenario.

>

> He didn't have that much charisma when he missed the cut. Here is something else, if Tiger really gave a sh** for his fans, he would have showed up prepared to play, and play to win, place or show.

> Nope not Tiger, and yet you bang on Brooks, for showing up to play and possibly win. That's what

> is wrong with this premise that Brooks has little

> Charisma, the guy shows up and performs. That speaks volumes to me.

If Tiger was physically able I’m sure he would have. I honestly don’t think Tiger F’ing Woods was sitting in Jupiter saying to himself “Yeah I’ll just not practice at all and go out and win the PGA.”

He knew damn well he’d either suck or win the lotto lightening in a bottle again and compete. But realistically he knew he didn’t have a chance. He decided to give it a go anyway and it didn’t work out. He got crushed.

Even for you Tiger haters out there — for the Love of all things holy — please don’t say that Tiger and Brooks are equals when it comes to charisma. That just isn’t the case and no one should have to defend that position.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @MIgolfer20 said:

> would this be the biggest collapse in a major ever?

Six strokes is the largest blown 54 hole lead ever on the PGA Tour.

1928 Florida Open by Bobby Cruickshank who shot 80

1969 Danny Thomas Classic by Ga y Brewer who shot 73 and Arnold Palmer ran him down

1983 Anheuiser Busch by Hal Sutton who shot 77 and Calvin Peete won, a few weeks later he held off Jack for his only major win

1996 Masters by Greg Norman

2005 Wachovia by Sergio Garcia who shot 72 and Vijay won in a playoff

2012 Phoenix Open by Spencer Levin who shot 75 and Kyle Stanley won

2017 WGC China by Dustin Johnson who shot 77 and Justin Rose won

5 out of these 7 are major winners

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @pgapromex said:

> > Basically all the Tiger fanboys are miffed because their idol got crushed and sent home. So they come up with absurd complaints about Brooks. Best one yet is that BK is boring because he hits too many fairways and greens. Honorable mention goes to he doesn't fist pump like Tiger.

>

> Brooks and Tiger both have equal parts charisma. Yeah, dream on my man. Dream on.

Yeah...Tiger > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @puttingmatt said:

> > > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > @PumaAttack said:

> > > > > > This is the most boring major I can remember. Wow this is awful.

> > > > >

> > > > > If Tiger was winning by this much all his fanboys would be here proclaiming it's "the best ever"... :smile:

> > > >

> > > > That was my point earlier. The fanboys are here. Just different boys. Why is it ok for one set and not the other ?

> > >

> > > Tiger has a **** of a lot more charisma then Brooks. Huge difference in this scenario.

> >

> > He didn't have that much charisma when he missed the cut. Here is something else, if Tiger really gave a sh** for his fans, he would have showed up prepared to play, and play to win, place or show.

> > Nope not Tiger, and yet you bang on Brooks, for showing up to play and possibly win. That's what

> > is wrong with this premise that Brooks has little

> > Charisma, the guy shows up and performs. That speaks volumes to me.

>

> If Tiger was physically able I’m sure he would have. I honestly don’t think Tiger F’ing Woods was sitting in Jupiter saying to himself “Yeah I’ll just not practice at all and go out and win the PGA.”

>

> He knew **** well he’d either suck or win the lotto lightening in a bottle again and compete. But realistically he knew he didn’t have a chance. He decided to give it a go anyway and it didn’t work out. He got crushed.

>

> Even for you Tiger haters out there — for the Love of all things holy — please don’t say that Tiger and Brooks are equals when it comes to charisma. That just isn’t the case and no one should have to defend that position.

I haven't seen a single Tiger hater in this thread. Fact is, golf tournaments are won by least strokes tee to green, not charisma.

Brooks says Tiger can have the charisma, he prefers another Wannamaker.

meh, most boring blow out major ever. Brooks makes great shots, but he has no excitement. He's just boring to watch make good shots.... would a little fist pump or roar here and there be so bad?

• Like 1

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

Tiger not suited for long tracks w deep rough

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @"North Butte" said:

> > @youdamantiger said:

> > Brooks is a hard guy to root for if you're steeped in the traditions, majesty, and ephemeral beauty of the game of golf.

> Yeah, that Bob Jones was really something. ;-)

>

> But seriously, I'm all for anyone who opts out of the Jim Nantz schmaltz thing of treating professional golf like it's a spiritual encounter with the essential truth and beauty of the universe. Yech, gag me.

I think there's probably a middle ground between using karmic evanescence to find universal truth and screaming "mashed potatoes" after a tee shot. But that's just me.

DJ has an outside chance if he goes 64 or 65 tomorrow

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9