Low hdcp going to GI irons

jasonTeI3

I’m really thinking of going to some Ping G400 irons and venturing in to the GI irons for the first time. I’m a pretty good player and usually have a great irons game but not playing as much and thinking this would help. Obviously this topic has been brought up a million times but my question is has anyone gone this route and regretted it instantly? I’m a bit of a sweeper and am scared of the wide soles. I have hit the G400’s quite a bit in a simulator and couldn’t not hit one straight. It almost seemed like cheating but I have no idea what that’s going to equate to on the course. Also this would be my first non forged iron maybe ever. I’ve played a bunch of different blades and current set are J40 cb’s. Anyone want to talk me off this cliff before I spend $700?

My first thought is to say don't do it.. but then if you've hit them, liked them, and the numbers were right it could be a good option. A friend I play with uses G400 and they have too much offset for my liking. I also don't like that you can see the cavity on the 4 and 5 iron. Top line is actually very nice for a SGI iron. I just read the Ping Blueprint article on Golf Digest where they were talking about how some players hit small heads better. I definitely fall into that category. That said, I just ordered a set of i210 to try as I had really good luck with the i200 and should never have sold them. Have you tried the newer i series? IMO it's GI help in a players look with an acceptable sole width. Long story short though - if you felt comfortable and the fit was right why not try them? If you don't work the ball a ton I don't see any issue with it. High and straight is a good way to go!

Everyone has a preference - But If you already have a lot of back spin you will generate even more with SGI's...

SGI large offsets and very low center of Gravity never worked with my game. If you like to work the ball a little at all, it is more difficult with SGI's -

They are made to keep the ball flight more straight-

> @Badshaft said:

> Everyone has a preference - But If you already have a lot of back spin you will generate even more with SGI's...

> SGI large offsets and very low center of Gravity never worked with my game. If you like to work the ball a little at all, it is more difficult with SGI's -

> They are made to keep the ball flight more straight-

They definitely don't spin more. They spin less. Which is also why it's harder to work the ball.

• Like 1

I was in the same boat a couple of years ago when I ventured from blades to the taylormade rocketbladez. I played them close to a year and while it was fun to hit 8 iron 170, I'm right back to the blades. I couldn't get the wide sole through the rough and had some gapping issues, felt like I had 25 yard gap between 9 & 8 iron. All of that being said, they were fun to play and flew dead straight. Still carry the 3 iron as a "driving" iron. It is all down to personal preference. If you got the funds, give it a go!!

• Like 2

> @MTgolf said:

> I was in the same boat a couple of years ago when I ventured from blades to the taylormade rocketbladez. I played them close to a year and while it was fun to hit 8 iron 170, I'm right back to the blades. I couldn't get the wide sole through the rough and had some gapping issues, felt like I had 25 yard gap between 9 & 8 iron. All of that being said, they were fun to play and flew dead straight. Still carry the 3 iron as a "driving" iron. It is all down to personal preference. If you got the funds, give it a go!!

I find it insane that people chase distance in irons. I'm hitting mine too far right now and going over greens drives me NUTS. I would make sure the spin is fine with the G400.

If you don't give them a try, it will be in the back of your mind forever that you're leaving strokes on the course. Try 'em and see if they work.

BT

• Like 1

Dr#1 Cobra Speedzone 10.5 – HZRDUS Yellow HC 65 TX @ 46”
Dr#2 Mizuno STZ 220 9.5 (10.5) - HZRDUS Smoke IM10 65 Low TX @ 46"

Mizuno ST190 15 - HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 43"
Mizuno STZ 220 18- HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 42"
Mizuno MP15 4-PW - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Cobra MIM Wedges 52, 56 & 60 – stock KBS Hi-Rev @ 35.5”

Odyssey V-Line Stroke Lab 33.5"
Grips - Grip Master Classic Wrap Midsize

Hit them off grass first, fairways and rough

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

What cardoustie said - if you can of course.

I can sweep my G20s. Shallow to no divots. If you've seen them they have a very deep sole and, like most Ping irons, have a fair bit of bounce.

@jasonTeI3 - Less skilled players, hitting off mats, either indoor or out often get some help (bounce) for their "fat" shots masking the "fat" part. As an accomplished player you should be able to tell the difference. If you can sweep them in the sim you should be able to sweep them off grass.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I used to play Wilson forged irons when I was a kid. I got back into the game after a long break and played them for a year. I was going to get a new set of AP2s or X-Forged and ended up getting a set of G25s. I'm in the minority but I don't mind the offset, and I don't mind hitting (or at least attempting to hit) straight shots.

Currently, I live where it rains year-round and the turf is usually pretty soft. So having the wide sole of the Ping's doesn't seem to impact much. I did play with these irons for a few months on firmer courses. I do want to say that I think the irons are a bit easier to hit now. I don't know if this is really true (higher CG, easier to hit down on soft turf, etc) or if I have just convinced myself of that after reading a lot of stuff here. It's not like I couldn't hit the Ping's on the firm turf, but I do feel like they play a little better where I am at now.

I'd say give the G400s a try for a year but I am biased in favor of these types of irons.

My post on a similar thread a couple of days ago :

I'll be 50 soon and have had low back issues for about 10 years. Able to maintain a 5-6 HC with little to no practice. Playing is easier on my back than practicing so I play 2-3 times a week in season (50 rounds a year) . I'll chip and putt some but rarely hit any balls at the range once the season gets going. I've played Mizuno, Ping and Titleist players CB irons for years. Always preferred low offset.

Last year I aggravated my back while practicing right before I left for vacation in South Carolina where I planned to play lots of golf. I couldn't play that week at all and out of frustration, decided to get G400 irons when I got back. My thinking was that I needed to get as much help as possible since I would practice even less than I had been going forward.

I've been playing the G400's for a year now. They are much more forgiving than any of my previous irons. You can literally hit it all over the face and get a decent result. The very first hole I played them, I hit the 7 iron from 160 and missed it way out on the toe. Like barely even on the grooves. I looked up and the ball went straight and almost pin high on the green. I couldn't believe it. All I could do was laugh to myself. And it's been that way since. High and straight is the default flight. It feels like cheating sometimes. I probably hit 2 more greens per round with them because of the forgiveness and sometimes more. I'm a low spin, moderate swing speed player (90 mph driver) and have no problem holding greens with them but I only play 6-GW. They spin plenty and go high so the ball stops.

As far as negatives, there isn't much to complain about. Performance wise they are great. They're a little ugly looking in the bag but look good at address. Thin topline and the offset is not too bad. I was most concerned about the offset when I got them, but it's actually not been an issue at all. It's true that there is almost no feedback when you hit them. Hard to tell where on the face that you struck the ball on anything unless it's way out on the toe or heel. I realize many players don't like that. If I was retired, healthy, and able to hit balls daily, maybe that would be an issue to me. Maybe not. But as it is right now, I really can't think of a reason that I'd want to go back to feeling jarring mishits like I did with less forgiving irons in the past.

If I were looking for irons right now, I'd consider the G410's as they look better with less offset and shorter blade length. I'd also look hard at the Mizuno 919 Hot metal, Forged, and Hot metal Pros. The Titleist AP1 is very similar in forgiveness as well. I don't see myself ever going back to an iron that's less forgiving than the ones I just listed. There are just too many easy to hit irons now that look like players clubs with low offset if that's a concern. Also remember that K.J. Choi played G400s last year in PGA Tour events. He did ok with "shovels" so the rest of us probably could to if we just swallow our pride and try it.

• Like 3

I don’t get the sweeper/digger thing. If you’re a good ball striker you can hit anything. I have P790s but contemplated the G400s when I bought new irons. Like you I don’t practice a lot so some forgiveness was definitely a priority when I bought new irons. I love the P790s but the G400s are still in the back of mind.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @Badshaft said:

> > Everyone has a preference - But If you already have a lot of back spin you will generate even more with SGI's...

> > SGI large offsets and very low center of Gravity never worked with my game. If you like to work the ball a little at all, it is more difficult with SGI's -

> > They are made to keep the ball flight more straight-

>

> They definitely don't spin more. They spin less. Which is also why it's harder to work the ball.

Not only that, but generally speaking, they don't have very low CGs. In fact, they tend to be higher CG, though again, that's "generally speaking." (G400 CG is .819", Ping's most bladelike design pre-Blueprint, the S59, has a CG of .742")

To the OP's point, IMHO, you'll never know until you try, whether that be some form of demo or actually playing them several times on course. Tech can help with respect to launch conditions.

Don't be surprised if it really doesn't affect your scores much, if at all. I switched from blades to Eye2+ for a full calendar year, it helped my wind play considerably through lower spin (even with increased height), but the scores were largely the same.

Choosing clubs to play is a combination of confidence, ability to hit a ball, swing type, and launch conditions. In a variable order, and not always the same order each time. :)

edited to add: speaking specifically to the G400... not a fan of the loft progression. 5* gaps in the short irons just so you can hit your 6 iron really far is seriously goofy. If you have a moderately high swingspeed, those 5* gaps could cause some gap issues at that lower end of the bag. IMHO, of course.

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @NRJyzr said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @Badshaft said:

> > > Everyone has a preference - But If you already have a lot of back spin you will generate even more with SGI's...

> > > SGI large offsets and very low center of Gravity never worked with my game. If you like to work the ball a little at all, it is more difficult with SGI's -

> > > They are made to keep the ball flight more straight-

> >

> > They definitely don't spin more. They spin less. Which is also why it's harder to work the ball.

>

>

> Not only that, but generally speaking, they don't have very low CGs. In fact, they tend to be higher CG, though again, that's "generally speaking." (G400 CG is .819", Ping's most bladelike design pre-Blueprint, the S59, has a CG of .742")

>

> To the OP's point, IMHO, you'll never know until you try, whether that be some form of demo or actually playing them several times on course. Tech can help with respect to launch conditions.

>

> Don't be surprised if it really doesn't affect your scores much, if at all. I switched from blades to Eye2+ for a full calendar year, it helped my wind play considerably through lower spin (even with increased height), but the scores were largely the same.

>

> Choosing clubs to play is a combination of confidence, ability to hit a ball, swing type, and launch conditions. In a variable order, and not always the same order each time. :)

>

> edited to add: speaking specifically to the G400... not a fan of the loft progression. 5* gaps in the short irons just so you can hit your 6 iron really far is seriously goofy. If you have a moderately high swingspeed, those 5* gaps could cause some gap issues at that lower end of the bag. IMHO, of course.

Not only that but they lengthen the 4-6 iron an extra 1/8 inch for extra distance as well. My friend uses them and the things are cannons. It's a bit silly. He's a good player and switched from blades to these and I see him fat the ball more than he used to. Could be the wider sole getting in the way. Personally I think the i210 is plenty GI.

• Like 1

> @BiggErn said:

> I don’t get the sweeper/digger thing. If you’re a good ball striker you can hit anything. I have P790s but contemplated the G400s when I bought new irons. Like you I don’t practice a lot so some forgiveness was definitely a priority when I bought new irons. I love the P790s but the G400s are still in the back of mind.

Like many (most ?) things "golf" there are degrees of difficulty, sometimes very slender. And yes, a good ball striker will be less affected as they are far more likely not to make the "mistake".

The way I see it, on normal or damp ground a sweeper has no issues. Neither does a digger. However, a swing that would easily go through the grass, and even ever-so-slightly, the ground and produce an acceptable result may, on very firm ground, bounce up off the ground into the back of the ball and blade it who knows where ?

Player's clubs usually have a slim sole (front to back) and very little bounce. In general, "players" sweep their irons shots, especially with the longer/mid irons, more so than higher handicappers.

The more GI the club, again, in general, the deeper the sole and the higher the bounce. This (in addition to providing a bit of extra launch and forgiveness) helps a lesser skilled player to "get away with" ever-so-slight turf contact on a fat shot.

Differences are, of course, rather small but in my experience they are real.

![](https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d2/1865_Two_Cent_Reverse.png/220px-1865_Two_Cent_Reverse.png "")

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> > @BiggErn said:

> > I don’t get the sweeper/digger thing. If you’re a good ball striker you can hit anything. I have P790s but contemplated the G400s when I bought new irons. Like you I don’t practice a lot so some forgiveness was definitely a priority when I bought new irons. I love the P790s but the G400s are still in the back of mind.

>

> Like many (most ?) things "golf" there are degrees of difficulty, sometimes very slender. And yes, a good ball striker will be less affected as they are far more likely not to make the "mistake".

>

> The way I see it, on normal or damp ground a sweeper has no issues. Neither does a digger. However, a swing that would easily go through the grass, and even ever-so-slightly, the ground and produce an acceptable result may, on very firm ground, bounce up off the ground into the back of the ball and blade it who knows where ?

>

> Player's clubs usually have a slim sole (front to back) and very little bounce. In general, "players" sweep their irons shots, especially with the longer/mid irons, more so than higher handicappers.

>

> The more GI the club, again, in general, the deeper the sole and the higher the bounce. This (in addition to providing a bit of extra launch and forgiveness) helps a lesser skilled player to "get away with" ever-so-slight turf contact on a fat shot.

>

> Differences are, of course, rather small but in my experience they are real.

>

> ![](https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d2/1865_Two_Cent_Reverse.png/220px-1865_Two_Cent_Reverse.png "")

>

>

>

I view “bounce” as a term used to describe the sole and not necessarily what the club will do. In extreme cases maybe but on SLIGHT mishits I find extra bounce will glide rather than rebound off the turf.

> @BiggErn said:

> I don’t get the sweeper/digger thing. If you’re a good ball striker you can hit anything. I have P790s but contemplated the G400s when I bought new irons. Like you I don’t practice a lot so some forgiveness was definitely a priority when I bought new irons. I love the P790s but the G400s are still in the back of mind.

Flip it around. Why don’t you play a thin soled iron ? Low bounce wedges etc ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @BiggErn said:

> > I don’t get the sweeper/digger thing. If you’re a good ball striker you can hit anything. I have P790s but contemplated the G400s when I bought new irons. Like you I don’t practice a lot so some forgiveness was definitely a priority when I bought new irons. I love the P790s but the G400s are still in the back of mind.

>

> Flip it around. Why don’t you play a thin soled iron ? Low bounce wedges etc ?

Because a wider sole is more forgiving on slight mishits from any lie.

> @BiggErn said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @BiggErn said:

> > > I don’t get the sweeper/digger thing. If you’re a good ball striker you can hit anything. I have P790s but contemplated the G400s when I bought new irons. Like you I don’t practice a lot so some forgiveness was definitely a priority when I bought new irons. I love the P790s but the G400s are still in the back of mind.

> >

> > Flip it around. Why don’t you play a thin soled iron ? Low bounce wedges etc ?

>

> Because a wider sole is more forgiving on slight mishits from any lie.

Unless you’re a picker and need to cut a shallow but sharp divot to get the club to the equator of the ball. Next time I’m on course I’m going to take a pic of the difference in divots I’m talking about. One is sharp and even. The one with i500 ( wide sole “ is shallower and jagged , very much just a scrape or disturbance in the grass.

I agree that any iron will work in wet conditions. But take our concrete conditions now. I have a hard time making solid strikes with the i500. I went back to my old worn out set of MBs and my scoring average dropped 3 shots in 4 weeks.

It may matter less of it may matter that the sole is wide if you’re a digger. If you take big pelts even in dry conditions , I get that too. But you have to get that the inverse is a real thing as well. Since most of my Competition rounds are during our dry summers it just makes sense to play the odds.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @balls_deep said:

> Not only that but they lengthen the 4-6 iron an extra 1/8 inch for extra distance as well. My friend uses them and the things are cannons. It's a bit silly. He's a good player and switched from blades to these and I see him fat the ball more than he used to. Could be the wider sole getting in the way. Personally I think the i210 is plenty GI.

Well... 90%+ of golfers in the GI category struggle with getting a full 12-15 yards separation between their 4-5-6 irons. I know I do (or did). Setting the clubs up to give more of a gap on that end is exactly what a GI club should do. Ping should be commended for being smart. I swing driver around 100-105, play to a 6 handicap, and have about 13-15 yards between my 5 and 6 iron. Essentially perfect IMO. For the first time (this year) I'm gaming a hybrid. My 5 iron is 200-205 and my 4 hybrid is 215-220. No gaping issues anywhere from 5 iron to U-wedge with my G400's and I've never heard of anyone complaining about that. U is 120, PW is 135 and 9 iron is 150. Again, right where I want them.

• Like 1

I am a sweeper myself. I currently switch between Mizuno 900 HM with Nippon Modus 105 R shafts and Taylormade P790 Mitsubishi OT 105 Stiff shafts. With final scoring totals being roughly the same, I get more pars playing the Mizunos and I get more birdies playing the Taylormades. For my next set I will probably get a mixed set of Mizuno HMs and forged.

Driver:    Taylormade SIM2, Graphite Design ADVR

Fairway: Ping G410 Rogue Silver 110

Hybrid:   Ping G410 KBS Prototype

Irons:      Srixon ZX5 MKii, Accra iCWT115

Wedges: Ping Glide 4.0, 46, 50, 54, 58

Putter:    Kevin Burns

Ball:        Wilson Triad

I've been playing Ping G25's for 6 years. Still can't find anything I like better. I can hit any shot I need to whether it's my stock draw, fade, high, or low. And when I hit it a little thin or on the toe it still lands on the green. My thought is why play golf with a club that will punish you for mishit when you can play one that will help you.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

I agree with the previous poster, if you don't try them you will be thinking about it for a long time. I bet you can find some used on the forum or eBay. then its less of a risk.

if you love them you can always go buy new ones to keep, and sell your used set again for a small loss (or maybe a profit).

Everyone has an opinion, here is mine. If you are/have been a good ball striker with a sound mental game, your mind will keep writing checks your body may not be able to cash as you get older or don't practice enough. Those "ugly" forgiving irons look beautiful when a miss ends up on the green and you are putting-- not in rough or deep in a short side bunker. Those irons won't be AS ACCURATE as, say, a blade, BUT if you aren't as dependable as in the past, your results will be better. I used to keep two sets of blueprinted irons; blades for practice and CB for play. I play with guys that have cashed checks playing...and they dont care how ugly the iron is.

• Like 3

> @bladehunter said:

> > @BiggErn said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @BiggErn said:

> > > > I don’t get the sweeper/digger thing. If you’re a good ball striker you can hit anything. I have P790s but contemplated the G400s when I bought new irons. Like you I don’t practice a lot so some forgiveness was definitely a priority when I bought new irons. I love the P790s but the G400s are still in the back of mind.

> > >

> > > Flip it around. Why don’t you play a thin soled iron ? Low bounce wedges etc ?

> >

> > Because a wider sole is more forgiving on slight mishits from any lie.

>

> Unless you’re a picker and need to cut a shallow but sharp divot to get the club to the equator of the ball. Next time I’m on course I’m going to take a pic of the difference in divots I’m talking about. One is sharp and even. The one with i500 ( wide sole “ is shallower and jagged , very much just a scrape or disturbance in the grass.

>

> I agree that any iron will work in wet conditions. But take our concrete conditions now. I have a hard time making solid strikes with the i500. I went back to my old worn out set of MBs and my scoring average dropped 3 shots in 4 weeks.

>

> It may matter less of it may matter that the sole is wide if you’re a digger. If you take big pelts even in dry conditions , I get that too. But you have to get that the inverse is a real thing as well. Since most of my Competition rounds are during our dry summers it just makes sense to play the odds.

I don’t think it’s quite that complex, jmo. I hit some of my most solid shots from almost bare lies. I also don’t take much of a divot regardless of the club type. The lie in itself dictates a lot and how you’re gonna play a shot regardless of the club.

> @edgerat said:

> If you match up loft for loft the "GI" irons aren't any better in terms or height or anything really. They take away a ton of spin from the ball. Spend $700 on lessons? Just me but I cannot stand to look down at a HUGE head next to the ball.

Ok so I know this is not true. I have played tons of different irons from Apex 99’s and the original Nike Forged blades to JPX 900 Forged and Tours. And have hit countless of friends clubs including a lot of GI irons. Ping G400 and similar irons have an extreme amount of forgiveness. Period. Way more than a set of true blades especially. Now I’m just referring to where you hit the ball on the face not necessarily turf interaction and such. I’m not interested in more distance however if you think about it like this it makes sense...my 7 iron in a G400 is now basically what my 5 iron was except it’s almost an inch shorter which in my mind should definitely help with ball striking and accuracy. Am I going to need to rethink my gapping and maybe make some loft adjustments? Yes. Add maybe a different gap wedge? Yes. But as long as the turf interaction and offset don’t hurt me then I see nothing but upside. As far as the offset I’m a little worried that my already normal draw ball flight might get worse. I don’t know.