2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Niscur24's Golf Bag - 2016 Update!!!!! NIKE TIME

Hilarious how we have second thoughts after the fact....guts feelings like you are doing something stupid....Luckily I have not sent anything in yet.

I'm not overly thrilled with RBG's lack of custom options on the EPIC/17 M stuff. Spent a little bit of time yesterday trying to figure out stock options they sell that would be close to what I would want loft/shaft wise. Needless to say I was not convinced that the stock options they are offering would be what I really want to justify trading in all this stuff. Plus I much prefer dealing with GLOBAL when it comes to trading in and getting a lot more for you money with coupon stacks and their used pricing. So I shall wait until global runs a promotion and trade this stuff in.

Cobra F9 TL 10.5 Atmos Black 7x
Cobra F8+ 3/4 &/or 5/6 Tour Blue 85x
Cobra F8 2H Element EarthX &/or Cobra F9 4H PX6.5
Ping I210 5-PW LZ 6.0
Ping Stealth 2.0 50/54/58 LZ 6.0

Some form of a Scotty, Betti, Spider

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i sent off the clubs to RBG...I have that itch to get something new and I can't break my promise to the wife of no clubs until the house is completed...Which is AUGUST....ugh

So I'll used trade in funds to pay for my sickness.

And for some reason I got this Cobra itch again that couldn't be scratched previously with the BC+ or the F6+ lines. And I really want to pickup the Epic SZ 13.5 fwy and Epic Heavenwood.

Ping I210 5-PW LZ 6.0

Are you trading those clubs in for specific club(s) or are you still deciding what to do with the trade-in funds?

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

• 2 weeks later...

Well trade in credit received....Picked up two fairways I've wanted to try for a while but never got around to buying them. Waffled for a long time and in two countries....But never pulled the trigger.

Srixon F45 3+ and 4 woods. I swung them was while in Tokyo in 15/16 and fell in love with the looks. They reminded me of one of my all time fav fairway woods the 975f . Gonna shaft the 3+ with the speeder 8.3 and the 4 wood with the rombax.

I'm contemplating picking up one of the new 2017 drivers however it would drain all of my TIC. And I also want to grab a Oddy fang or #7. So part of me wants to grab some older cheaper thangs along with some newer stuff. Whatever I do I need to feed the need with $535 in credit at RBG and $75 at GG LOL!

Ping I210 5-PW LZ 6.0

• 2 weeks later...

SO my trade in funds have been exhausted. For $735 in credit I got the following:

Tour Edge E8 Beta with rouge silver 70X

Cobra Fly Z+ X

Srixon f45 3+

Srixon f45 4w

Bimatrix White Proto 80X

ADipower Boost 2 Shoes

And a Cameron Fastback Putter...

I bought the TE Beta for the shaft but took it out this past weekend and was pleasantly surprised in how well it felt/and flew. The Rogue Silver 70X is the first shaft I have been able to control at 45" and I'm in love with it. The cameron putter was bought preowned in excellent condition but when it arrived it was most definitely very good condition going by the GG scale. I debating what to do with it the entire weekend and ultimately I decided to keep it. I putted with it on Sunday and it just rolled the ball so good and I don't have to change a thing on it. I may experiment with a torched or black refinish but for the time being I'll just use it. And I picked up another Cobra driver in probably a pointless endeavor as neither the BC+ nor F6+ worked well for me. But I'm literally a sucker for cobra drivers and maybe third time is the charm. And I bought another pair of friggin shoes.

I will say this I will not trade into RBG again. They processed my trade very quickly and the 50% bonus was great! But....I found myself searching for things to buy, their typical pricing bullcrap, and their lack of customization options sucks. I was debating the Epic/M1 but I really wanted to maximize my credit and grab a bunch of different thangs I've always wanted to try out. I felt the $735 would have gone MUCH MUCH further at Global Golf.

Oh well, now I have plenty of toys to experiment with over the next few months.

Ping I210 5-PW LZ 6.0

Fly-Z+....Weight Forward...First Cobra driver I have actually been able to hit how I like. Man what a beast and easily blows the F6+ and BC+ I had before out of the water.

Bimatrix Proto 80X....LOVE IT! and at 45" finished length able to control it like the rogue silver.

Ping I210 5-PW LZ 6.0

• 2 weeks later...

Fly-Z+....Weight Forward...First Cobra driver I have actually been able to hit how I like. Man what a beast and easily blows the F6+ and BC+ I had before out of the water.

Bimatrix Proto 80X....LOVE IT! and at 45" finished length able to control it like the rogue silver.

Hi, don't mean to steal the thread - but I just joined golfwrx and apparently I cannot post my own topic yet?? Anyway, this site seems like a great repository for golf knowledge and I've noticed you to be quite active and knowledgeable in several threads.

Anyway, I am looking at buying a new driver and want to put a bimatrix pt in it. My current gamer is a 2003 Callaway FT3 Tour Model given to me from a tour player I grew up playing with. I played as a competitive scratch years ago and dropped the game. I've since picked it back up and need to upgrade the sticks. First, any suggestions on best place to buy? I'd really like to get the discontinued blue. Second, what is your suggestion for flex for me: 110 ss on the launch monitor but I have a sense that I am swinging harder on the course (not nervous trying to hit it straight on the monitor and I like to swing away on the course these days lol). I have no issues getting the ball in the air. Current shaft is a Graphite Design Ys6+ S flex 66g (my miss is always a big hook) and I have some concern going to the 81g weight of the bimatrix.

• 2 years later...

Man its been TWO YEARS since I've update this!

Bag went through several changes in this time frame as did my game and my body. Manged to play the most golf ever from the summer of 2017 through now. For about the 21 of these 25 months I dropped the handicap down to a pretty consistent 10 and breaking 80 a few times. During this same time frame I devoted a good amount of effort to strength training and further slimming down was running every morning and working out a lot. However starting in about August of 2018 I noticed I started having some pretty decent lower back pain in golf, running, and weights and towards the end of 2018 I started to play more inconsistent. Back pain came to a head at the end of Jan 2019 when I was out doing my daily morning jog and physically couldn't run anymore and had to walk home hunched over. Went to the Dr and found out I have degenerative disk disease from L1 to L3 with basically very little disk material left. Sigh 38 years old and a busted back. Also signed up to play in weekly league at this tough, tight and short little course and I've been shooting some of my worst scores ever. I had my local range instructor take a look at me while attempting to fix things and was told that its very obvious I'm protecting my back between the good shots and the crap. I'm having a hard time maintaining my posture and clearing my hips, when my back is acting up, so I'm very shoulder and arms when I'm playing bad usually impacting my iron game. Swinging woods/hybrids isn't impacted as much as 5-LW. When my back is good so are my scores but right now my game revolves around my back.

During this time the bag has changed as follows:

Driver: Vapor -> Vapor FLY -> Vapor TW -> 2016 GBB -> Vapor Fly -> 2016 M2 -> Vapor Fly -> 2017 M1 -> Vapor Fly -> 917D3 -> 917D2 -> Cobra F8+

Irons: Vapor Fly Pro -> Vapor Pro -> Vapor Fly Pro -> XTD Tour -> 716 AP2 -> King Tour Forged

Woods: Vapor 2 dot -> Vapor Fly -> Vapor 2 dot -> 917F2 -> Cobra F8

Hybrids: Adams -> Cobra F9

Wedges: Engage -> Vokey Forged & TVD-R -> Vr Forged -> Vokey Forged & TVD-R -> Vr Forged

Been taking advantage of some pretty good trade in values over this time frame with bonuses but really tapering the hoing down in mid 2018 sticking with setups for a much longer time frame. Also worked clearing out the backups and reducing the amount of stuff in the garage. Really played well with the 917/716 setup for last half of 2018 and the Cobra stuff has been working well for most of 2019. However the itch doesn't go away and I've come to terms that my back will always be up and down no matter how much PT, core strengthening, or cardio changes I do. Combine that with two active kiddos and coaching little league and a little more forgiveness is probably a good thing. At least that's what I tell myself to justify grabbing new gear!

PING is the ONE brand who in my younger years swore off because of the crazy looks, offsets, and just honestly fugly clubs. I scoffed at the forgiveness rather arrogantly when I was younger. But I've really noticed myself grabbing them off the rack more and more in recent years. Was torn between the G410 or I210 irons but honestly the offset of the G410 is just entirely too much every time I grabbed them. The I210's just fit my eye so much better and still have plenty of offset. And of course the Ho is still there so I have an entire bag of PING getting ready to go live once it all gets here.

G400 Driver @ 9*/Ahina 80 @44.5"

G410 3 Wood with Evenflow Black 85

G Hyrids in 17/22 with Ping Tour 90 shafts

I210 5-PW with PX LX 6.0 Green Dot

Glide Stealth 2.0 50/54/58 1deg strong with PX LZ 6.0 Green Dot

Ping I210 5-PW LZ 6.0