2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Hello everybody, I am new here, I'd appreciate any and all feedback.

@BogeyPutt34 Ah yes, and this--Trajectory drill into my fiancé's bathroom basket thing. Not great at it yet, but I'll keep going. Not sure why the embedding won't work. Here is the link. Start's at 0:41 seconds. I just trimmed the video so it might be just the little drill by the time you see this. Also you see my knees buckle? That is what I was doing in the full swing.

> @jholz said:

> Your follow through seems a bit funky to me - rather constricted, like it is stopping short of a full follow through. Your hands remain low, and you don't look very relaxed or balanced in the final position.

>

> This could be a result of the thrusting towards the ball motion that earlier posters have pointed to. It also might be an indication that your swing remains too arm/hands centered. When you get the swing driving with the lower body, and you can remain balanced, the follow through kind of takes care of itself.

Yes, it's difficult at best, to "slide/thrust" and then rotate properly at the same time! ?

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." - John Wooden

"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” - Henry Thoreau

> @Kanzas_Anthony said:

> @jholz I have worked on the follow through since you and Joe Duffer wrote that it looked funky and constricted. I felt like these were less restricted than before. I'll keep working on that. What do you think? I'll make a better video next time.

>

>

It is difficult to point to a whole lot of bad in those swings. Body and club positions all seem spot on. I would guess those swings are producing some decent results.

The follow-through is coming along. You are getting further here than you were in the earlier videos. It still looks a little choppy and deliberate however.

Other folks may disagree, but I still think the cause is a swing that is more Arms/Hands based than Body based. Over time, you are going to loosen those hands and arms up and get the swing more focused in your core. As you do that, you will find that your hands and arms get up into that nice finish position without having to do anything.

• Like 1

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

@jholz Thanks for taking the time to write! Yes I agree with the hands. My hands pull down to start everything, in every video, so I need to address that now, or else I will plateau with everything else. I'll focus on this now. You are right. I had everything else to worry about before that, but the time has come to address the hands and arms in my swing. I was ignoring it for a while, so I am happy to get a little push.

I also don't seem to rotate through the ball, I stop rotating right at impact, so those are two good things to work on next :)

I'm 6'3 213 with a little over 7 ft wingspan and it bothers me that I don't use that well yet. I'll post another video when I feel like I have improved in that!

• Like 1

> @Kanzas_Anthony said:

> @jholz Thanks for taking the time to write! Yes I agree with the hands. My hands pull down to start everything, in every video, so I need to address that now, or else I will plateau with everything else. I'll focus on this now. You are right. I had everything else to worry about before that, but the time has come to address the hands and arms in my swing. I was ignoring it for a while, so I am happy to get a little push.

>

> I also don't seem to rotate through the ball, I stop rotating right at impact, so those are two good things to work on next :)

>

> I'm 6'3 213 with a little over 7 ft wingspan and it bothers me that I don't use that well yet. I'll post another video when I feel like I have improved in that!

Right on mon frer. The 9-3 drill is an excellent one for working on this issue - at least it was for me. With the shortened backswing, you don't have the time and room to get the arms and hands into the swing and are forced to get it more in the body. Or, at least, that's how it worked for me.

• Like 1

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

@jholz I'll do that. I took a few days off to get back to the gym and swimming and I forgot to do that drill today. This was from today, but I didn't film great. Sometimes being at the golf course is my therapy when it should be about getting the most out of the chance to be at the golf course; today was one of those therapy days. I spent the day there but didn't film a lot and didn't film great, so this is just a 3 ball video to show where they fall. The music some people don't love but this was just for me. I'll make a hard core teachable video next time. My focus wasn't on that today. I film every shot I have taken since last January and I need to get a little out of that habit. I also don't love having the tripods on the range. Makes me feel a little highfalutin; that mixed with my clothes makes me a little too noticeable. So I need to storyboard and plan so I can get the most out of the videos and not be too camera'y on the range.

@GungHoGolf hogolf Ok, I'll try to start that next winter. I've thought about something like that, but not for golf. I have zero social life or social circle and always thought about crowdfunding and stuff like that to help me chase these dreams of mine but you need that social circle at the beginning to help it get seen. I was shocked to see that a 5 iron video I had from last winter had 200 views! I'll look up this Dan Plan Guy and see what he did! Thanks.

My goal from the beginning has been to get as good as I could within 3 years, get my handicap down to where I can do real tournaments, then try to qualify for a mini tour. I saw on instagram a girl who paid for all her coaching and practicing and tournaments through crowdfunding, so I would have to do something like that or ill have no chance. I know that Tony Lema had something like that. Where someone helped him try to be a pro, but it took him so long that when he finally won the British Open, he couldn't even pay the guy back with his earnings :D I think that was his story.

I can only build my swing in a parking lot, but I'll never build the game I need like this. Financially it is impossible for me to play right now. However by the time I am ready I hope to have more income.

It's been a year a 4 months so far, so I am a little behind my schedule which was to get a handicap and play in 2 tournaments before November. I'll have to get lucky to make that happen. I imagine my handicap to start is not going to get me into these tournaments. That's the plan :)

I'm going to put this on my list. It might actually be really good timing for me to do something like this. I started a novel but only made it 10,000 words before I stopped. It was me teaching golf while incarcerated, writing a how to book about golf. I love the book "Chess" by Stefan Zweig and was writing my own version about golf. So this idea might have been perfect timing. Seems like I've been getting a lot of that advice since joining, and a little earlier actually. Tom Bertrand wrote to me in December telling me to keep going randomly on one of my videos and sent me the files for his Maximum golf for my birthday, without me asking! I only had read his book on Hogan and wrote to him telling him how much I liked it. So for him to do that was a big moment for me in my little golf life, as was Joe Duffer seemingly out of nowhere commenting on my videos, when I had watched his page for a year straight, was great too!

I feel like I am on a good path and in a good place here. Much appreciated again. Have a nice day.

• 2 months later...

A quick update. I think I have stopped to float toward the target and am rotating better. I will hopefully be able to play on the course soon, it's been a long time and a lot of work since I have played on the course. These are 8 irons and the pin is about 160 yards. The flush full one went over the flag, most landed about pin high. If you slow motion and frame advance with the ( >) you will see some land. I am less worried about result as I am about the fundamentals. Everything will take care of itself if I do what I should. It's not perfect, but better it seems. I still need to play on the course for a score before I know for sure, but I have been working daily on it. A lot on short game too. A lot in general, 4 to 6 hours of range every other day. I found a place 8 hours drive away from home that has unlimited range balls for 10$ so I am here now until I am appreciably better, a tangible advancement that makes it worthwhile.

Hey @Kanzas_Anthony. Not at all a swing expert, so I'll leave that for others to chime in. Just wanted to tell you that I'm glad you receive so much joy from this game and are taking strides to get better. I'm rooting for you!

Btw, I'm also team long levers (6'1" with a 6'7" wingspan). Let me know if you ever figure out how to use those things effectively bro. I might be able to learn a thing or two.

• Like 1

I love everything about this, my man.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

I think your swing is getting better and to me it seems you do a lot of things right.

The production quality of your videos is awesome. Your cinematography skills are definitely + handicap.

Keep up the good work.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

@ebrasmus21 I get zero feedback at all, and every time I post on here it is so positive that it just motivates me more. I appreciate the nice words. I will keep trying to get better, even the video stuff I will make better soon. I have a lot of editing stuff I am not doing yet. I have had 2 hard drives crash and lost all my stuff both times, so I just post to youtube so I can never lose it, I'll take more pride in the video stuff soon.

As far as the swing, I have a crazy long way to go. I can't figure out this right bend on the downswing at all yet. I'll post another video when I think I am getting closer.

@jholz I think about your advice every time I practice. I think I am getting better at not moving so much towards the target. I thought about boxing out in basketball and that triggered something for me, I still don't do it great, but I think ill improve on that soon. As I write this I just asked myself why am I writing all this, no one cares :smile: but then I remembered that this place is filled with insane golf people like me, so I continue to just write and say how I feel. This is like golf therapy.

Right side bend - I think it was H Stenson I heard in an interview and his swing thought was “hit the ball with my right shoulder.”

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey! I wrote you on Instagram a few days ago. I had a bad fall and winter. A death in the family and I wasn’t able to be there, ended my 5 year relationship. I took a break from golf because of my foot and my back, but this last month or so I am back to the build. I am not back to how good I was at the end in September, but I’ve learned a lot that I didn’t know about the swing, so I will be better in the end once I can get back to golf. I’m a little stuck here in Europe now and the corona virus is all around me, so I am trying to do most of my work at home. I’ll step the level up a lot whenever I get resettled. I hope you are doing good! I plan on coming to visit and play 9 holes with you within the year. I plan on coming back to the states in September.

Sounds like you've had a tough time of it... very sorry to hear of your loss and predicament, being unable to be with your family.

Be patient, stay well and hopefully you'll be back in the states very soon...

BTW, If you make it out of my way we'll be playing more than nine holes. TC...

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." - John Wooden

"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” - Henry Thoreau

• 4 years later...
Posted (edited)

Hello. This is an update.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jj7EaoaUHs8?si=We7oeGM5j3y2-04l" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Kanzas_Anthony