2007 Burner Driver TP vs Standard Head Shaft

cantwells ·  
cantwellscantwells Members  39WRX Points: 71Handicap: 5Posts: 39 Bunkers

Me: for years I've been a 2-5 hdcp depending on how much I can get out (summer 6 rounds/month, winter 2-3 rounds/month). I am typically a draw player but am able to shape shots both left and right (within reason). With a wide open fairway, my ball flight is mid-high with the driver. For years, I have gamed the standard 07 TM Burner 9.5* driver. It sets up slightly closed and has a TaylorMade reax 50g stiff shaft. I also carry the R7 TP irons with rifle 6.0 shafts, +1" and up 1*. I love those irons. A few years ago I bought a TP version of the same 9.5* driver. I love the slightly open looking face at address. It came with a reax 65g stiff shaft. Sadly, I could not consistently get the ball to turn over (draw). In the closet it went. Now I am thinking I'd like to re-shaft the club. Assuming I could find a reax 50g shaft, could I use it ? If not, could someone offer comparable shaft options? Lastly, I am 50+ years old and probably on my way to softer flex shafts. BUT, I am not there yet.

Posted:

Comments

• grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4319WRX Points: 1,413Posts: 4,319 Titanium Tees

On -, @cantwells said:

Me: for years I've been a 2-5 hdcp depending on how much I can get out (summer 6 rounds/month, winter 2-3 rounds/month). I am typically a draw player but am able to shape shots both left and right (within reason). With a wide open fairway, my ball flight is mid-high with the driver. For years, I have gamed the standard 07 TM Burner 9.5* driver. It sets up slightly closed and has a TaylorMade reax 50g stiff shaft. I also carry the R7 TP irons with rifle 6.0 shafts, +1" and up 1*. I love those irons. A few years ago I bought a TP version of the same 9.5* driver. I love the slightly open looking face at address. It came with a reax 65g stiff shaft. Sadly, I could not consistently get the ball to turn over (draw). In the closet it went. Now I am thinking I'd like to re-shaft the club. Assuming I could find a reax 50g shaft, could I use it ? If not, could someone offer comparable shaft options? Lastly, I am 50+ years old and probably on my way to softer flex shafts. BUT, I am not there yet.

If you found that shaft it likely would not fit in the TP version of the 07 Burner driver. The TP head is a .335 bore while the non TP version is .350

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MitchellMitchell Members  5644WRX Points: 483Posts: 5,644 Titanium Tees

Recently rebuilt a 10.5* 07 Burner TP with an Aldila RIP Phenom 50s for a senior golfer/former D1 college player that absolutely loves the combo. Shaft is reasonably priced and readily available from a number of sources. If looking for something with slightly stiffer overall feel than the RIP Phenom, the Phenom NL 60 is a solid choice as well.

Posted:
    Titleist 910d3 9.5* (d4 surefit) Motore Speeder TS 7.3s
    TEE cb4 tour 18* Accra XE80 m4
    TaylorMade 300 forged 3-pw PX 6.0
    Artisan 53* s400
    Artisan 58* s400
    Cameron 1995 Laguna
  • Adam CAdam C Members  749WRX Points: 409Handicap: 4Posts: 749 Golden Tee

There was nothing really exciting about those REAX shafts. You could replace them easily with any number of shafts that would probably be more consistent. Most important thing would be to match up the 50-55 gram weight. Secondly, go with something mid to high trajectory and not back weighted.

Posted:
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  13562WRX Points: 2,436Handicap: 1.6Posts: 13,562 Titanium Tees

Get an original Blueboard 63 stiff

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Blueboard Matte 53x
    Ping G400 3w 13.9* Blueboard OG 63x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard Ion 73x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* VTS Red 100Hx
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* GD Tour AD DI 105x
    Mizuno 919 Tour 6 - PW UST 95 Recoil
    Ping Glide SS 50* & 54* wrx 110 Recoil
    Ping Glide ES 59* wrx UST 110 Recoil
    Callaway PM grind 64* UST 110 Recoil 
    Piretti Matera Elite 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.