GD DI 3 wood to 5 wood shaft info needed.

Aggielefty ·  
AggieleftyAggielefty Members  41WRX Points: 22Posts: 41 Bunkers

I want to use my GD DI 3 wood shaft in my 5 wood for my titleist TS fw. Do I just need to take it somewhere and have an inch cut off the butt and re-grip ? Or, do they have to take the adapter off and cut off the tip also. I want to take it from playing 43 inches to 42 inches?

Posted:

Comments

• ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members  3261WRX Points: 1,385Handicap: 1.7Posts: 3,261 Titanium Tees

The general recommendation would call for an additional 1/2" of tipping to account the extra headweight of the 5w. Whether or not that is necessary depends on you and your swing. If you like exactly the way it feels now and want to maintain that in the 5w, get it tipped 1/2" and butt cut to length. If you want it to play a touch softer, don't tip it and just butt cut to length.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX ||  Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Titleist 915FD 15* Kuro Kage DC 80TX || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour-Spec X
    Titleist 915FD 18* Kuro Kage 100XTS || Srixon Z U65 Utility 18* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid
    Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Special 61* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot

WITB Thread

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.