Ogio Shadow Fuse Thoughts

AzSuperHack76 ·  
AzSuperHack76AzSuperHack76 ClubWRX  1693WRX Points: 243Posts: 1,693 ClubWRX
Anyone get a chance to use theirs yet?

I picked one up, have walked 2 rounds and have had issues with the straps/disk. The tendecy of the bag is to tip towards the ground and the clubs start to fall out. I esentially have to walk with my left arm on the back of the bag pushing down on it to keep the clubs in the bag.

The wieght of the bag is awesome, straps are super comfortable and the pockets/features are great. Just cant seem to get the straps/disk system to align properly.

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with the bag? If so did you have this issue and were you able to correct it?

Thanks!
Posted:

Comments

• AzSuperHack76AzSuperHack76 ClubWRX  1693WRX Points: 243Posts: 1,693 ClubWRX

Here is a video on how to adjust the straps and disk.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Techgolfer1Techgolfer1 Members  1620WRX Points: 100Posts: 1,620 Platinum Tees

Still done with this bag? I am looking into one and get a nice deal so that has me thinking I might want one.

Posted:
    I change too much to list it. Working on that...
  • Techgolfer1Techgolfer1 Members  1620WRX Points: 100Posts: 1,620 Platinum Tees

On -, @AzSuperHack76 said:

Anyone get a chance to use theirs yet?

I picked one up, have walked 2

rounds and have had issues with the straps/disk. The tendecy of the bag is to tip towards the ground and the clubs start to fall out. I esentially have to walk with my left arm on the back of the bag pushing down on it to keep the clubs in the bag.

The wieght of the bag is awesome, straps are super comfortable and the pockets/features are great. Just cant seem to get the straps/disk system to align properly.

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with the bag? If so did you have this issue and were you able to correct it?

Thanks!

Any more thoughts? Do you still have it?

Posted:
    I change too much to list it. Working on that...
  • AzSuperHack76AzSuperHack76 ClubWRX  1693WRX Points: 243Posts: 1,693 ClubWRX

I gave it a few more rounds but the issue never really was resolved. Ended up going with a Sun Moutain 4 plus.

Posted:
  • illum1na71illum1na71 Members  324WRX Points: 103Posts: 324 Greens

Ended up with a TM flextech ...

Posted:
  • el_heftyel_hefty Members  67WRX Points: 49Handicap: 15Posts: 67 Bunkers

I've been shopping for a new bag for months (no perfect bag seems to exist) and keep coming back to the Shadow Fuse. It looks like it fits the bill weight-wise, features-wise, looks-wise.... But this strap issue mentioned above would be a deal breaker. However, the reviews I read elsewhere seem mostly positive, with few if any mentions of the problem. I need to try one out in a shop for myself, but anyone out there have a good experience with this bag?

Posted:
    Post edited by el_hefty on

Advertisement
  • jah7838jah7838 Members  1264WRX Points: 219Posts: 1,264 Platinum Tees

I got my Shadow Fuse back in the summer and don’t really have any complaints. It feels lighter than my old SM 4.5 14-way that I was using before. My main reason for switching was because I wanted to go away from the 14 dividers. It’s been an adjustment because I’ve used the 14 dividers for the last 10 years, but it’s not that bad.

The Fuse doesn’t sit as well on a cart as my old SM, so I have to adjust it on occasion during my rounds, but it’s usually a quick fix. I haven’t had issues with the straps. If they move on me, it doesn’t take too long to readjust. At this point, I haven’t found any reasons to look at another bag anytime soon.

Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: 9.5* M3 Speeder 757 Speeder Evolution Tour Spec Stiff Flex
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour 3 wood set to 15* with Proforce V2 7F4, Cobra F6 Baffler set to 19* with Motore Speeder 8.3 Stiff/Aldila Tour Blue 85s (5 Wood)
    Hybrids: 19* Adams XTD Super Hybrid VTS 100s, 23* Adams Super 9031 S300
    Irons: 4 (Recoil 125 F4), 5-PW Ben Hoga PTx Pro DGTI S400
    Wedges: 48* bent to 49* Hogan TK wedge, RTX 4 52* bent to 53* Mid, and Mizuon S18 56* bent to 58*. All wedges have DGTI S400
    Putter: Odyssey O Works #7 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish...Toulon Las Vegas is on the way!
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers  8289WRX Points: 408Handicap: ScotchPosts: 8,289 Titanium Tees

Ogio and Ping are the only bags for me. If I was still carrying, Hoofer for me.

Posted:
    Ping Traverse
    G410 LST 3W Tour stiff
    G410 4H Tour stiff
    i210 5-UW Modus 105 stiff
    Glide 3.0 56* Modus 105 stiff
    TM Soto
    Tour Response yellow

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly!

Thanks jah. So I take it you do walk rounds with it sometimes?

Posted:

I've never actually walked a round with it. I've always used a push cart when I walk. I don't think it would be an issue for me to walk a round with it if I only have my clubs in there. I usually have my Orange Whip in the bag. When I carry it to the range with extra clubs to hit, and my SuperSpeed Golf sticks, it add some weight to it, but it's still manageable. I've never had problems lifting it fully loaded into the tool box of my truck.

Posted:
    WITB
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour 3 wood set to 15* with Proforce V2 7F4, Cobra F6 Baffler set to 19* with Motore Speeder 8.3 Stiff/Aldila Tour Blue 85s (5 Wood)
    Wedges: 48* bent to 49* Hogan TK wedge, RTX 4 52* bent to 53* Mid, and Mizuon S18 56* bent to 58*. All wedges have DGTI S400
    Putter: Odyssey O Works #7 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish...Toulon Las Vegas is on the way!

i'm not so much concerned about the weight of it, since it's on the light end of things for a carry bag, but more concerned with the above-mentioned issue where when carrying the bag tips towards the ground causing clubs to fall out. Sounds like you haven't had that issue though...

Posted:

Advertisement

Gotcha. I haven’t had the issue. I watched the video that was posted above, and once they’re set, it’s easy to readjust when you need to. The straps get stuck coming out of my toolbox on occasion, but they don’t get too out of whack.

Posted:
    WITB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.