Confessions 12 --- Exploding Heads

Conrad1953

dan360 is back. Rejuvenating the thread that...just... won't...die...I'm disappointed you didn't hit those new Miuras but this is coming from a ho with two sets.

mgdboxx you are a true friend.

I confess the new site overhaul does not motivate me one iota to post or lurk anymore.

Project 1i was a success but my fitter put a smaller ferrule on it than my others. My OCD is making him replace it. I've dubbed her "Excalibur". I'm definitely no King Arthur yet when I wield her. But OMFG when I nut one with her... it's ball compression bliss!

Rock on true confessors.

• Like 2

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

I shall molest balls with the Miuras this year.

• Like 1
Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

> @DeNinny said:

> dan360 is back. Rejuvenating the thread that...just... won't...die...I'm disappointed you didn't hit those new Miuras but this is coming from a ho with two sets.

>

> mgdboxx you are a true friend.

>

> I confess the new site overhaul does not motivate me one iota to post or lurk anymore.

>

> Project 1i was a success but my fitter put a smaller ferrule on it than my others. My OCD is making him replace it. I've dubbed her "Excalibur". I'm definitely no King Arthur yet when I wield her. But OMFG when I nut one with her... it's ball compression bliss!

>

> Rock on true confessors.

Glad to hear from you and Dan the Man---- I am like you in that respect of the site overhaul---- I am not a computer whiz but understand from Easyy and staff somewhat why it had to be done. I have went back to hitting the old blade Macs too even though I have 2 sets of forged KZGs. I have went back to playing strictly Persimmon woods and blade irons. I have a new goal going and it is detailed over on the classics forum--- I am going to try to break 100 playing a 8100 yard course here with persimmon , blades and balata balls and playing the ball down. Have not played in 3 weeks due to being busy---- Played my home course Saturday from the tips at around 7000 yds with persimmon ,blades and balata. Greens were burned out and crusty but did manage a 82 playing the ball down. Absolutely love nutting the persimmon. My putting is off quite a bit but my ball striking is at maybe 80%. BTW I snuck one of my old 1 irons in the bag Saturday which is an old Tommy Armour. Did not hit it but one time but got about 250 out of it with the roll. Not too bad for a 62 year old---- I know one thing golf is fun again for me

• Like 3

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

Wow, this place is rolling! Good to see all the Confessioners coming out of the wood work.

A few confessions.....

First, the lesson. So, a well acclaimed teacher moved back to our region and started an academy, he's using Flightscope with the motion sensing vest, belt, and glove dongle, as well as some other tech stuff. So, I gladly paid the $150 for the full assessment. He had a few interesting things to say about my move, putting, short game. Mostly the full swing stuff was a few changes at address, wider stance, taller upper thoracic spine, and a little less shoulder and hip rotation. That stuff has been paying off in spades. The putting and short game was a little more of a mixed bag, but I probably won't integrate a ton of it into what I'm doing anyways.

Second, I've been in the middle of some major life changes (career, relationship, etc.) so some new stuff coming down the pipe. Really working on staying positive and looking at opportunity, not living in the past. Some of you may have seen the Weight Lost post over here in the 19th hole. I'm down nearly 15 pounds in a month, really clean diet, and nearly no alcohol, so I'm a little like Koepka, let's say, "my swing feels foreign" - of course without all the major trophies or really hot wife, or checking account with tons of zeros worked into a number with significant digits. Feeling great, and excited about the future!

Third, I finally made it over to the coast with a blade 3 iron (from my TM tour preferred set) and a bunch of crappy golf balls. I've been fixated with this experiment to practice like young Seve, walking the beach and pounding golf balls at targets. It was a blast and I look forward to doing it more in the future.

Hope all of you are enjoying the end of this beautiful spring and hope that the PacNW confessioners will have a get up sometime soon!

• Like 2

Matt, the pro shop at our club just got a hardly-used set of 919 Tours, unfortunately Koepka's biceps weren't included in the deal so I didn't buy them.

I have a confession. The past three rounds I've been hitting fairways like a scratch golfer and hitting greens like a low single digit player but putting like a beginner. I simply can't make short putts at the moment, missing left and right, too much break, not enough break. Shooting high 80s with 40+ putts ain't fun.

I have a gut feeling keeping the flagstick in the hole has played its part. My friends are happy to leave it in and I've tried to learn and get accustomed to it but I still have a tendency to aim for the sides. Also the time saved by not needing to have the stick attended or removed is time away from reading the green and making a couple of practice strokes while waiting for others to putt. My friends play faster on the greens now and as an adaptive person, I also end up playing faster on the greens, possibly to my own detriment.

So, how do you fix those putting issues in WRX style? By ordering a new driver, of course!

My friend bought a TM last autumn (the one with a Y-shaped track for weights), the more penetrating flight and the roll he's getting is intriguing. I found a very good deal on ST180s, which is supposed to be very low spin but also very forgiving, and oh so Mizuno blue. The Tensei CK Orange 50 on it is a bit of a question mark though. I do like counterbalanced shafts but at 57 grams it might be a bit on the light side.

• Like 1

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

DeNinny, I feel the same way. Not motivated since the overhaul. I miss the old "My content" that would open to all the discussions I had participated in. Today, I have to go through Florida to get to Oregon. And I'm north of the 49th.

• Like 2

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

Putting woes can be tough @Halebopp.

My best advice is to take a putting mirror and a chalk line to the practice green. Find a straight 6 foot putt. Stand on a towel so you don't damage the green. Try and roll the ball end over end straight down the chalk meanwhile check your ball and eye position every 4 or 5 putts. Eventually we usually stumble into something that works. Create some visual landmarks to take that to the course.

• Like 1

Mass golf purge today. I literally have an entire room in my house devoted to the game, mostly to hold all the clubs.

Have been in convo as of late with The First Tee of Washington and some other local associations. I donated a ton of equipment to that today. Felt good. All stuff that, although good quality, just has no real dollar value at the usual suspect sales places.

I took some better more sought after equipment to a one stop shop—a retired teaching pro who uses the proceeds to not only feed his own collector addiction but also to provide meals to the less fortunate in my local area. Something about knowing the profits made from the sale of my “surplus” equipment going to help feed kids who otherwise this summer break have no real options for a decent breakfast makes me happy. I’ll gladly take cents on the dollar for that kind of cause. I’ve been blessed to always have a warm safe place to sleep and money in the bank to buy what I need and some people never get that opportunity. When I can help, I try my best to do so.

So I sold nearly all of it. My second ever set of PING Eye2s. My first and only set of becu Eye2s. All my Pirettis. All my Taylormade All my Mizuno Every. Single. One. All my 33s. My 59s. My 32s. My 14s. My wedges. My putters. My bags. All my Mizzy stuff from the days when a fat drunk logger could get it for free is all gone.

What did I keep?

-my electric blue PING L8 bag. It has holes in it. It has pulled seams. It has stains. It’s heavy. It tangles clubs. It’s electric blue. And it’s mine. GTFO 1992 FTW

-my Mackenzie Walker Peter Jacobsen bag. Yep. I’m a pretentious hipster but she’s all Johnny Cash black and comes with a subtle embroidery of Silverleaf Club where I’ll never be able to afford to eat lunch much less join but for a brief moment in time I managed to finagle me a bag so choke on that 1%.

-my Jones Original waxed canvas. It looks like a cross between a grandpa bag and an Indiana Jones golf bag and the starter at Chambers Bay calls it the cool bag so that’s good enough street cred for me.

-everything in my sig line minus the wedges. Sniff sniff bye bye Mizzy, we sure had fun together. :(

-my first real cool big boy putter. Anser bronze with a sound slot. #OG

-my 1981 ‘Pat Pend’ PING Anser 2. The Alpha to my Jim wells Proto Omega. Another club going in my coffin I sunk too many putts back in the day to ever let it go.

-Kia Ma Proto Imola. Sigh. Just dead sexy.

-Cameron ‘tour’ Squareback. My first and only tour Cameron, that was earned, not bought. The copper tungsten weights would make cool earlobe gauges should I ever fall off the wagon.

-Orlimar Trimetal 18° with TT EI-70 shaft. What is old is new again.

-Callaway S2H2 driver and 1-dot 3W. #memories

-Louisville Smart persimmon. #loveit

-Wood Bros Texan. #duh

-Wood Bros All American. #”America. uck Fya”

-my Snake Eyes irons and wedges. MB-1 “Smith & Wesson Forged”. Anyone who pays attn to my low end verbal ranting knows how much I owe to EV for outfitting me with my first ever “custom” fitted setup. I’ll probably keep them forever and regardless of Tom Wishon saying the Smith & Wesson forging dies stunk and the QC was all over the place, and DeNinny trashing the fact they do have some built in forgiveness offset, I hit them great. Well, let’s be honest they go left currently. Ya ya Ninja shush shush....lmao

-My single length MP-33s from The Iron Factory. I don’t count these in my Mizzy stash as Jim @ TIF did so much work to them they’re more custom than Mizuno. They work too which is sure nice for what they cost. :(

And last but certainly not least...

-Miura Baby Blades. I mean, you think I’m dumb or what? They ain’t goin anywhere’s.

Yippyippyippdddipsipyipp that’s all folks

• Like 2
Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

@"Matt J" That's definitely something I need to do before Friday and our first round greensomes match. Actually I haven't had a single practice session yet after the season started. It's actually a bit irritating to go play bad golf because of not practicing but the weather hasn't been really inspiring me to go work on my game.

@dan360 It hurts me to read you got rid of all of those classic Mizunos. But it seems like you did it for a very good cause!

• Like 2

Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

Mr bopp don’t be sad. Now they have a real shot at coming off the bench and making an impact in another golfer’s adventure. As an aside a stack of money is more versatile and much easier to store.

I may pare down even more as I go along. The Kia Ma and the Cameron, and the Wood Bros, all have collectors who appreciate them for that. For me they are sweet old clubs that bring back some good memories but I doubt I will ever use them again.

• Like 1

Dan, I'm probably not far behind you...

You had a lot more cool stuff than me but reading down the list I think my logic would have been pretty similar. For instance I purged my Zing 2's which were my first "real set" and had a 2 iron. I loved that 2 iron off the tee, too. Thought about keeping it but it felt selfish as it's so hard to find a matching 2 iron.

I'd guess I'm going to give a bunch of sets of shafts away and keep the heads of some sets in a box in case I ever send them back to be re-chromed.

No putters will be left behind, though. That's just not civil.

Next time we chat I gotta know how you "earn" a Scotty. Sounds like a good story.

• Like 2

@dan360 No worries. I sold my W/S FG Tour V2s and bought a set of MP-53s in very good condition today. I had the 54s for about a year before I moved to the 4s and I always regretted selling the 54s (like I regret selling my 32s).But I guess it's a good rule not to have more than two sets of irons at any point to avoid situations like yours. :)

The 53s should be even better than the 54s so maybe I came out ahead. They definitely look good and it'll be interesting to see how the Modus 120 shafts work for me. The only minus is they're quarter of an inch shorter so I might need to add extensions

• Like 2

> @"Matt J" said:

> Dan, I'm probably not far behind you...

>

> You had a lot more cool stuff than me but reading down the list I think my logic would have been pretty similar. For instance I purged my Zing 2's which were my first "real set" and had a 2 iron. I loved that 2 iron off the tee, too. Thought about keeping it but it felt selfish as it's so hard to find a matching 2 iron.

>

> I'd guess I'm going to give a bunch of sets of shafts away and keep the heads of some sets in a box in case I ever send them back to be re-chromed.

>

> No putters will be left behind, though. That's just not civil.

>

> Next time we chat I gotta know how you "earn" a Scotty. Sounds like a good story.

Giving up my MP-33 2 iron was difficult. But hopefully I will add a baby blade one here soon that will help me forget about her.

• Like 1

> @Halebopp said:

> @dan360 No worries. I sold my W/S FG Tour V2s and bought a set of MP-53s in very good condition today. I had the 54s for about a year before I moved to the 4s and I always regretted selling the 54s (like I regret selling my 32s).But I guess it's a good rule not to have more than two sets of irons at any point to avoid situations like yours. :)

>

> The 53s should be even better than the 54s so maybe I came out ahead. They definitely look good and it'll be interesting to see how the Modus 120 shafts work for me. The only minus is they're quarter of an inch shorter so I might need to add extensions

I started out with the best of intentions and it got away from me. The original plan was to get new, sell old. Life, the old adage time flies, nostalgia, and pack rat tendencies make trying to have strong will quite the handicap match.

I finally had enough and pushed myself to do it. I slept grrrrrrrrrrreat last night.

• Like 1

dan360 if you get rid of those Baby Blades I'm gonna unfriend you. I have my limits and that would be crossing a line.

I keed, I keed.

• Like 2

Registered Bladeocrat

I got the ST180 yesterday, I wasn't overly impressed wit it at the range yesterday. The feel was terrible in comparison to my MP-650 and the ball flight didn't seem all that different, maybe slightly lower spin but not much in there.

Today we had our first round match in handicapped greensomes club championships. The driver started to feel better at the range while warming up, especially after I set it to 8.5º but I wasn't comfortable leaving the 650 out of the bag. So I dropped my 4 iron and played with two drivers in the bag for the first and probably the last time in a tournament. The 650 wasn't needed though.

The blue bomber showed its true colours on the course. I can easily say it was good 25 yards longer than the 650 with the same slight fade. The dries were reaching places I had reached with the 650 on very good shots in previous years but this year I hadn't even got close to such numbers. We lost the match 3&1 but I'm just excited to go out there again, this time playing my own approach shots. :) Greensomes is definitely a weird format, especially when we were continuing with my drives. I mostly played shots from the teeing areas and around the greens. Naturally I blew the couple of approach shots I did hit as I most definitely wasn't tuned in. :D

• Like 2

> @DeNinny said:

> dan360 if you get rid of those Baby Blades I'm gonna unfriend you. I have my limits and that would be crossing a line.

>

> I keed, I keed.

I'd sell a kidney first.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in quite the transition and golf has certainly taken a back seat. The Ex and I finally got our divorce finalized which was a long time going and has been a good thing for both of us. We're amicable and working together to both get to better places in our lives, so onward and upward. But, I've been moving and adjusting to single life and it has been hot. Summer has become my least favorite golf season in the lower PacNW. I did make it over to play Old Macdonald last Friday. Still my favorite of the Bandon courses. We played with a solid prevailing North wind and hacked it about. I did challenge the client to a match on the last 7 as I was getting frustrated with feeling like I was slapping it around. Won a nice meal in the pub afterwards. Hope I didn't jeopardize the deal by being all competitive, but golf is golf. I don't go out there and pay 400 bones to slap it around like a hack and couldn't figure any other way to get the train on the tracks. I finished solid with a hard fought par on number 15, Westward Ho! Blew up on 16, and then par on 17 and 18 to at least feel like I was playing golf. At times the front nine just felt like a windy slog. Hope the Confessioners are hanging tight and enjoying the long days!

• Like 2

Work work work is the MO for me currently. Fire restoration in northern CA long hours. Hopefully it will work out financially so this winter I can travel to dry places and play some golf!

Matt. Sorry to hear about the big D but it sounds like you’re better off for it. Now you can get that Defender 90 LHD.....

• Like 1

Matt, good luck with your future endeavours!

I finally redid my whole putting method, stance, stroke, slight adjustment to grip - back to holding the club a bit more upright. And it worked, at least today. Despite not playing well, I did get a decent score with 31 putts including two three putts on ridiculous hole locations. No need for a new Evnroll, yay! I did order the TM Hi-Toe today. Too bad the pro shop was told it would take three weeks until TM would get the burgundy grips, so plain ol' black tour velvet it is. I did order it half an inch longer as I demoed a +1" PM Grind and I didn't even realize it was +1, setting up with it felt natural. I'll also extend my 50º and 55º wedges. I don't use the wedges for full-swing shots anyway and a bit heavier swing weight won't hurt with feel in partial shots, pitches etc.

It might also be useful to add a bit of length to my MP-4s. I have serious doubts I'd want the long irons any longer though. Maybe extend the 7 or 8 iron by a quarter of an inch and the shorter ones by half an inch.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

What's up?

I lengthened my 50º and 55º wedges to match my PW but didn't change the irons and so far I've been happy with the results, I'm certainly in a far better position to hit my wedge shots now. Too bad I didn't check my Hi-Toe would've required +3/4" rather than+½" to match the others. But I haven't even received the club yet! After three and a half weeks of waiting I got one with the wrong shaft and no extra layers of tape beneath the grip. On Monday it'll be five weeks from order. They better get it right this time. All the while I'm enjoying hitting the 59º PMP out of bunkers very much. I do want the extra spin the Hi-Toe will provide though.

I've been stuck shooting low 80s for quite a while now. Not really playing good golf but mostly advancing the ball and staying out of the worst trouble. Maybe this is my best golf this year or I'll break through to the 70s soon. :)

Outside of playing we had our national stroke play championships and it was fun to be a walking rules official for one of the groups on the final day. Then as a spectator men's finish was quite the sight. The 18th hole was a driveable dogleg right par 4 with water on the left, trees protecting the right with OB very close to the right. Two of the final group laid up but one guy, two shots back of the lead drove the green and sunk the eagle putt to force a three-way playoff on the same 18th hole. Again the other two laid up and he drove the green and beat the two others with his birdie.

I also got to experience something completely new to me this week as a course rating team re-rated both of our courses on Wednesday and I helped them out by measuring altitude at where ever they needed it (teeing areas, approach shot locations and greens) and listened in on their evaluations of the courses. While I've read about rating courses before, it certainly was enlightening. Are there trees catching shots off the tee, how level is the area for your approach shots, what's around the landing zones - obstacles, forced carries, where does the ball bounce if it misses the fairway, how deep are the bunkers etc.

• Like 2

I have been hitting lots of range balls lately. Cracked the face on my M1 440. TaylorMade approved a local shop to replace it with whatever TM driver I wanted. Problem is I don’t really want a new TM driver. So, I took the new driver and traded it back in for store credit. I also traded off the M1 3HL wood at same time. Kinda done with TM.

Got a new Cobra F9 3 wood it’s pretty good and reminds me of my old Bafflers from years ago. Also the new Callaway PM Grind wedges cuz they look a LOT like the old Eye2 wedges and I’m in this sort of transcedental while-awake-meditation with life and golf. So far so good.

Played two rounds with some friends up here locally. Used a power cart cuz my back is still rehabbing. Shot an 81 and a 85.

Played four holes with an old Hogan 392 that I found in the edgewater of a pond. 90s ball. Out of round. Was even par on those four holes until I hit it OB on the fifth, gone forever. Enlightening.

Still shopping for a driver and still swinging slow. Trying to lose weight but taking that slow too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well if you guys do not disown me I am sticking with the Kyoei forged KZG CBs. Of course they are about 10 years old but I swear they are as soft as any Miura I have ever hit. I have been playing some great golf with them lately. I still play my vintage blades and stuff too---- Usually when I play with the bunch I play with on Saturday I play the moderns--- Sunday afternoons it is vintage--- If I sneak out during the week for 9 at twilight it is the vintage stuff

• Like 3

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

STU that KZG stuff was always good. Better than it should be. Outkicks its coverage.

I’m using Adams CB3 irons and not ashamed. The baby blades are waiting patiently when my brain is ready for them.

Played the 36 hole deal yesterday at Gold Mountain. 0608 tee off on the Cascade course. Smooth and easy 82 with 6 shots I know for sure I could have back easy. That made me happy.

Olympic course is a different animal. Our first tee time was 1051 but we finished Cascade at 0903 so they bumped us up to 0948. Didn’t play as good over there and my back kinda quit on the 3rd. Made for a stressful round especially since Olympic backs up so bad after about 11am. The back 9 took forever. Shot a 92 with 2 lost balls, 1 water ball, numerous flubs, and two double pars....

Considering I’m still moving today I’ll take it.

I found a driver that is awesome. No complaints at all. Just gotta keep working on the rehab and weight loss. Big life changes for me right now.

• Like 2

dan360 your brain and the carney sham of "forgiveness" is what's holding you back from those baby blades. They are waiting as the best and easiest clubs that you will ever play. Just do it.

• Like 2

Registered Bladeocrat

> @DeNinny said:

> dan360 your brain and the carney sham of "forgiveness" is what's holding you back from those baby blades. They are waiting as the best and easiest clubs that you will ever play. Just do it.

I’m currently intimidated by the hot girl, and the plain girl is giving my low self esteem much needed attention and positive feedback. Lemme use her awhile and I’ll ask the white trash hottie out again here soon.

I’m going to he11

• Like 1

> @dan360 said:

> > @DeNinny said:

> > dan360 your brain and the carney sham of "forgiveness" is what's holding you back from those baby blades. They are waiting as the best and easiest clubs that you will ever play. Just do it.

>

> I’m currently intimidated by the hot girl, and the plain girl is giving my low self esteem much needed attention and positive feedback. Lemme use her awhile and I’ll ask the white trash hottie out again here soon.

>

> I’m going to he11

As your wingman in this pickup bar, I'm telling you that that hot girl is a totally easy slut. And she WANTS you. And she'll rock your world. Just go up and talk to her and have a drink with her. Now.

And that plain girl is just playing mind games with you. You'll wind up with blue b*lls if you keep chasing her.

• Like 2

Registered Bladeocrat

I have a confession, I'm becoming one of "those guys". I got myself a Bushnell Tour v4 rangefinder and I'm liking it very much so far. But I bet if there were groups behind us, they'd probably be cursing me. I've found it especially useful within 100 yards. even in chipping. So I'm now lasering my 25-yard chip shots etc. But it has helped me tremendously in club selection for the shot and with the distance settled I can concentrate on the line and the good stroke leaving me with a lot more tap ins and good chances of getting up and down.

Why I bought the rangefinder was that after six weeks of waiting for the Hi-Toe, the pro shop pressed TM about what's taking so long and only now did they let us know you can't get the 60º version with the 125-gram Hi Rev shaft. You can get the 58º with it but not the 60º. They contacted the pro shop on the day of the order about not having the grip I wanted in stock. Had they told the news about the shaft back then, I could've easily gone with another heavy shaft but no way was I interested in it anymore after six weeks of waiting so I spent the money on the laser.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Halebopp,

Sept 15, you've had your RF a month already. By now you more than likely have gotten used to it, and "the cursing" behind you is a thing of the past.

When I bought my Leupold GX 3, in 2010, I would whip it out while standing next to the 150 fairway marker, to a Center Flag on the Green. I even checked the distance to the house across from mine, including the size of my back yard. LOL

Before I got it, I could tell at a glance which club went where. Lots of range time will do that. My problem was with Doglegs and Hazards, along with forced layups, that's where the RF came to the rescue.

It is a fabulous addition to your bag. I always take it to the range since it helps to hone in on the multiple flags/markers on there.

I didn't upgrade it. I'm still holding on to that, now, prehistoric toy/tool. It still does the job as it should. Although, with the New Rules, I could, but don't see the "Need" for it. Yours is far more advanced.....Enjoy.

• 2 months later...

Two months without any activity.

I guess this thread has gone to a greater library somewhere out there....Sad