What would be closest to F6 Baffler? F9 or F9 Tour?

Socketrocket ·  
SocketrocketSocketrocket Members  1WRX Points: 0Posts: 1 Starters

Looking to replace a utility iron with something similar to the F6 Baffler but with something from the F9 range in a 5/6. Head size on F9 tour sounds most appealing, big fan of small head/shorter shaft fairway woods, but worried launch/spin may be too low with the stock Smoke shaft. Anyone had any experience with this?

Posted:
Tagged:

Comments

• ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members  3249WRX Points: 1,370Handicap: 1.7Posts: 3,249 Titanium Tees

The HZRDUS Smoke is not some inherently super low launch shaft, plus we're talking about a 5/6 wood here right? You're only going to struggle with low spin if you are heavily delofting the club or playing something like a Pinnacle Gold, hah.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX ||  Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Titleist 915FD 15* Kuro Kage DC 80TX || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour-Spec X
    Titleist 915FD 18* Kuro Kage 100XTS || Srixon Z U65 Utility 18* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid
    Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Special 61* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot

WITB Thread

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.