True Spec, Club Champion or direct from Mfg

Kball10 ·  
Kball10Kball10 Members  221WRX Points: 87Posts: 221 Fairways

I am debating whether to get fit at a place that then assembles the clubs versus ordering custom direct from the manufacturer. For those of you that have done a True Spec or Club Champion, was it worth the extra money to have them do the assembly? Do you think there is any advantage to having the shaft pured?

Posted:

Comments

• HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22 Members  650WRX Points: 205Handicap: 3Posts: 650 Golden Tee

You won't cut any strokes off your score getting your irons pured. Get fit from either and then order custom directly from the manufacturer. My custom Titleist were about $1500 total where CC's bill would have been around $2450 from what they quoted. Don't feel obligated to order from them you're paying them for the fitting.

Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM 9 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black w/Velocore 7X
    Titleist TS3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90x
    Titleist T200 4-5, T100 6-PW - Project X 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Jet Black - 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.12 D - TT DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • TommyjTommyj Members  643WRX Points: 227Posts: 643 Golden Tee

I agree with HappyGilmore22, puring is a waste of money if you are ordering clubs with good quality shafts, and these days most shafts are manufactured to pretty tight tolerances. I'd also order direct from the OEM and then just check the specs when the clubs arrive, specifically length and swing weight. Loft and lie may not be perfect, but you can always have a good club maker tweak that for not more than $10 per iron.

Posted:
  • TaddNOhioTaddNOhio Members  145WRX Points: 115Posts: 145 Fairways

AGREED ... go to Club Champion if you want to walk out with a sore

On -, @ss from being bent over and shafted .. how/why do people pay those prices? $1500 from Titleist direct or $2450 from CC ... but i'm sure the guy at CC will say "you are better off to get them from us"
    Posted:
  • deep18deep18 Members  2145WRX Points: 319Posts: 2,145 Platinum Tees

Have them build by the OEM and then find a good club builder and have them check lofts and lies when they come in. Don’t pay a huge up charge for unnecessary things.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.