2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

FOUND A UNICORN AFTER 6 YEARS OF LOOKING!

tigerfan23

> @puresurfr said:

> it took you 6 years ???? I found a brand new set for the same price in one minute ??? Is this set different ?

>

> https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mizuno-MP-53-Forged-4-to-PW-Set-Nippon-Shaft-N-S-PRO-950GH-S-Flex/303150610928?hash=item46952f39f0:g:Ul0AAOSwaAtc1dru

where. Impossible. 3-PW S300 all stock?

2024 Bag TBD

• 2 weeks later...

> @kgeorge78 said:

> > @cgasucks said:

> > Very nice. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get them for? Surely not the sticker price of $999.95.

> no chance. 499 US plus plus plus plus.

> Would have paid 1500 in all honesty.

>

>

I had a basically new set just sold and multiple sets of these over years remembered why I sold them too short.

> @puresurfr said:

> it took you 6 years ???? I found a brand new set for the same price in one minute ??? Is this set different ?

>

> https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mizuno-MP-53-Forged-4-to-PW-Set-Nippon-Shaft-N-S-PRO-950GH-S-Flex/303150610928?hash=item46952f39f0:g:Ul0AAOSwaAtc1dru

His are lefty.

G430 LST 10.5* (Ventus Velocore Black 5S)
SIM2 MAX 15* (Ventus Blue 6S)

G425 7w (Tensei RO 75S)
G430 4h (Tour 2.0 85S)

T300 5-P, 48 (PX LZ 6.0)
SM9 Raw 54s (@53) (DGS200)

SM9 Raw 58s (DG Spinner)

Newport 2 Studio Style

Awesome and congrats. Maybe it was a timing thing. Maybe wife had you save. Or maybe you just hadn’t gotten around to finding them. Either way its a great forum and love readin about it.

I actually have a set of MP60’s on the way. But still play CG1 Tours which are so hard to get out of my bag. (I know)

Congrats and hope to ready about more on here.

- Something that continues to go long off the tee in the fairway
- Something that is a fairway finder when needed and long
- Something that high, consistent and helps with par 5’s
-  Something to help with long par3’s and short par 4’s

-  Something metal, lots of them and go the gaps I need
- Something metal, 2x of them and helps me 120y and in
- Putters - limited rotation because I cannot afford misses

Golf is what you make of it.  Play grateful and accepting. We are all lucky to have it.

Rather than expecting lets all try and appreciate instead. 
Treat people the way you want to be treated

it took you 6 years ???? I found a brand new set for the same price in one minute ??? Is this set different ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mizuno-MP-53-Forged-4-to-PW-Set-Nippon-Shaft-N-S-PRO-950GH-S-Flex/303150610928?hash=item46952f39f0:g:Ul0AAOSwaAtc1dru> @Bunker2Bunker said:

> > @puresurfr said:

> > it took you 6 years ???? I found a brand new set for the same price in one minute ??? Is this set different ?

> >

> > https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mizuno-MP-53-Forged-4-to-PW-Set-Nippon-Shaft-N-S-PRO-950GH-S-Flex/303150610928?hash=item46952f39f0:g:Ul0AAOSwaAtc1dru

>

> His are lefty.

I just took a second look and the OP's irons are righty ??? or is the pic reversed ?

> @puresurfr said:

>

> https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mizuno-MP-53-Forged-4-to-PW-Set-Nippon-Shaft-N-S-PRO-950GH-S-Flex/303150610928?hash=item46952f39f0:g:Ul0AAOSwaAtc1dru> @Bunker2Bunker said:

> > > @puresurfr said:

> > > it took you 6 years ???? I found a brand new set for the same price in one minute ??? Is this set different ?

> > >

> > > https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mizuno-MP-53-Forged-4-to-PW-Set-Nippon-Shaft-N-S-PRO-950GH-S-Flex/303150610928?hash=item46952f39f0:g:Ul0AAOSwaAtc1dru

> >

> > His are lefty.

>

> I just took a second look and the OP's irons are righty ??? or is the pic reversed ?

Ya the same set. Mine are new those are used Mine are 3-pW those are 4-PW mine are S300 those are some crap shaft mine were new in plastic.... ya same set!

2024 Bag TBD

> @kgeorge78 said:

> > @puresurfr said:

> > it took you 6 years ???? I found a brand new set for the same price in one minute ??? Is this set different ?

> >

> > https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mizuno-MP-53-Forged-4-to-PW-Set-Nippon-Shaft-N-S-PRO-950GH-S-Flex/303150610928?hash=item46952f39f0:g:Ul0AAOSwaAtc1dru> @Bunker2Bunker said:

> > > > @puresurfr said:

> > > > it took you 6 years ???? I found a brand new set for the same price in one minute ??? Is this set different ?

> > > >

> > > > https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mizuno-MP-53-Forged-4-to-PW-Set-Nippon-Shaft-N-S-PRO-950GH-S-Flex/303150610928?hash=item46952f39f0:g:Ul0AAOSwaAtc1dru

> > >

> > > His are lefty.

> >

> > I just took a second look and the OP's irons are righty ??? or is the pic reversed ?

>

> Ya the same set. Mine are new those are used Mine are 3-pW those are 4-PW mine are S300 those are some crap shaft mine were new in plastic.... ya same set!

>

>

They look new to me and ad says new, just not in plastic. Who cares about the shaft, can easily get s300 or whatever and reshaft them.

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @kgeorge78 said:

> > > @puresurfr said:

> > > it took you 6 years ???? I found a brand new set for the same price in one minute ??? Is this set different ?

> > >

> > > https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mizuno-MP-53-Forged-4-to-PW-Set-Nippon-Shaft-N-S-PRO-950GH-S-Flex/303150610928?hash=item46952f39f0:g:Ul0AAOSwaAtc1dru> @Bunker2Bunker said:

> > > > > @puresurfr said:

> > > > > it took you 6 years ???? I found a brand new set for the same price in one minute ??? Is this set different ?

> > > > >

> > > > > https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mizuno-MP-53-Forged-4-to-PW-Set-Nippon-Shaft-N-S-PRO-950GH-S-Flex/303150610928?hash=item46952f39f0:g:Ul0AAOSwaAtc1dru

> > > >

> > > > His are lefty.

> > >

> > > I just took a second look and the OP's irons are righty ??? or is the pic reversed ?

> >

> > Ya the same set. Mine are new those are used Mine are 3-pW those are 4-PW mine are S300 those are some crap shaft mine were new in plastic.... ya same set!

> >

> >

>

> They look new to me and ad says new, just not in plastic. Who cares about the shaft, can easily get s300 or whatever and reshaft them.

>

lol

2024 Bag TBD

> @puresurfr said:

>

> https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mizuno-MP-53-Forged-4-to-PW-Set-Nippon-Shaft-N-S-PRO-950GH-S-Flex/303150610928?hash=item46952f39f0:g:Ul0AAOSwaAtc1dru> @Bunker2Bunker said:

> > > @puresurfr said:

> > >

> > > https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mizuno-MP-53-Forged-4-to-PW-Set-Nippon-Shaft-N-S-PRO-950GH-S-Flex/303150610928?hash=item46952f39f0:g:Ul0AAOSwaAtc1dru

> >

> > His are lefty.

>

> I just took a second look and the OP's irons are righty ??? or is the pic reversed ?

how are those the same? I've been looking for a new set as well with S300. They simply do not exist.

> @kgeorge78 said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > @kgeorge78 said:

> > > > @puresurfr said:

> > > > it took you 6 years ???? I found a brand new set for the same price in one minute ??? Is this set different ?

> > > >

> > > > https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mizuno-MP-53-Forged-4-to-PW-Set-Nippon-Shaft-N-S-PRO-950GH-S-Flex/303150610928?hash=item46952f39f0:g:Ul0AAOSwaAtc1dru> @Bunker2Bunker said:

> > > > > > @puresurfr said:

> > > > > > it took you 6 years ???? I found a brand new set for the same price in one minute ??? Is this set different ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mizuno-MP-53-Forged-4-to-PW-Set-Nippon-Shaft-N-S-PRO-950GH-S-Flex/303150610928?hash=item46952f39f0:g:Ul0AAOSwaAtc1dru

> > > > >

> > > > > His are lefty.

> > > >

> > > > I just took a second look and the OP's irons are righty ??? or is the pic reversed ?

> > >

> > > Ya the same set. Mine are new those are used Mine are 3-pW those are 4-PW mine are S300 those are some crap shaft mine were new in plastic.... ya same set!

> > >

> > >

> >

> > They look new to me and ad says new, just not in plastic. Who cares about the shaft, can easily get s300 or whatever and reshaft them.

> >

>

> lol

>

Just telling like it is, the only problem is missing the 3,4 iron. The shaft it has means nothing.

Ok OP, im seriously confused.....you were searching for a brand new set of MP53 3-PW with s300 ( a unicorn shaft ) ???? and a brand new set 4-PW with Nippons is available and you would pass ??? I can see how it might take 6 years depending on parameters.

On a side note, it feels great to find something after a long search. I myself am looking for a factory set of Epon 502s in copper in mint condition but its a elusive club to find.

> @kgeorge78 said:

> you not even close. It's not the way it is. It took forever to find a New 3-PW S300 set. I can' find 100 'different' sets online.

> Besides the point.

I guess you don’t get that the shaft it has means nothing. The hard part is probably getting the heads, you can buy some s300 shafts for cheap and throw them in. Although that guy found 5-pw new heads in a 30 second search

> @puresurfr said:

>

Those in the bay are mp-59s. Incorrectly labeled.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

I have a set with the Nippon shaft. The 950GH helps on long irons, of which the 4 iron is my longest. Very playable combo. I do like a slightly heavier shaft in the short irons, 115g to 120g or so. S300 remains an excellent shaft, though I like the DG 120 version the best (118g).

Whatever shaft, the MP53 is one of my all-time fave CB designs. Just seems to fit me.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

> @puresurfr said:

> Ok OP, im seriously confused.....you were searching for a brand new set of MP53 3-PW with s300 ( a unicorn shaft ) ???? and a brand new set 4-PW with Nippons is available and you would pass ??? I can see how it might take 6 years depending on parameters.

>

> On a side note, it feels great to find something after a long search. I myself am looking for a factory set of Epon 502s in copper in mint condition but its a elusive club to find.

the unicorn was a "new stock 3-PW S300 Set" in the box set.

I honestly looked for 6 years. There is no confusion here.

2024 Bag TBD

> @TaylorMadeIt said:

> I found a set of TaylorMade P790TW's for $125. They had shafts worth $300 each. I asked the dude if he would take $80 and he said yes. So I got them. These are clubs worth over $4000 and I got them for $80

> @TaylorMadeIt said:

> I also got a new TM M5 for $50 with a new shaft and it was listed for $900

Stay on topic and keep this BS and lies to yourself.

• Like 1

I owned a few sets when when I was in my peak club ho-ing days, along with multiple sets of MP-54s, JPX 825s, JPX 850s, even H4s...i couldn't make up my mind and was buying and selling on eBay like it was my job, lol. Somehow landed on the 825s which I still play today (along with MP64s when the mood strikes), but the 53s were the best if the bunch, incredible feel, great turf interaction, just enough meat to feel like you were getting some help when you got into the longer irons...Definitely one of the top Minunos of all time. Kinda want to go buy some now. ?

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]