2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New Titleist Utility Irons

> @Titletown said:

> > @howeber said:

> > Am I the only one that doesn't like the look of these? Shapes don't seem right. 818 h2 looks better -- driving iron looks OKAY

>

> the shapes of the hybrids do look a little odd to me (could just be the pics) TS2 looks really big

Same. I think the pics above were skewed. The pics in the Memorial group make them all look better.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

> @MrShield said:

> > @BearQ said:

> > Wow a 1-iron release from Titleist!

> >

> > And it looks like a twin brother of the p790 udi. I’m dreaming. Now offer the pro white 100tx real deal as an upgrade and I’ll start tearing up

> >

> >

>

> If you look at the pictures there is no resemblance of P790 UDI and U510 except for the small metal detail I assume you mean( which is on the toe of P790 and not on both sides of the logo like here). P790 is way smaller, less offset and U510 has a really fat back more like U45/65/85 or Mizuno HiFli.

>

> On the U500 on the other side you have an evolution of T-MB and a lot more resemblance to P790.

>

In my opinion, the "small metal" detail that frames the Titleist logo looks more like the two dark chrome bars on the C16 irons, rather than the single long bar on P790 irons, albeit a different color. Titleist put that design feature on the C16 a year plus before Taylormade did it on the P790. To my eye, it looks more like Titleist copying Titleist.

> @Rpete33 said:

> Do I need a 1 iron, absolutely not. Do i want one for the **** it, absolutely!!!

Had the H5 1-iron. It was a rocket. I was a poor college kid so I sold it...

Another chance!

I’m curious to see what the exact specs are for both models all lofts. I’d want to build a 17* graphite and a 19* light steel for two different options

U510 4 and 5 iron is my choice. Any picture about the new TS hybrid headcover?

Titleist TSR2 Driver 10*

Titleist TSI2 16.5*

Titleist TSR1 hybrid 20*

Titleist U510 4 iron

Titleist C16 Limited 5-GW

Titleist Vokey SM9 54° & 58°

Scotty Cameron Newport 2+ Special Select

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 / Scotty Cameron Newport 2

> @playgolf111 said:

> U510 4 and 5 iron is my choice. Any picture about the new TS hybrid headcover?

They look like smaller TS fw headcovers. There was a pic somewhere from Titleist (Insta, Twitter, etc) that showed them. If I find it, I'll post it.

Edit: found it

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Do I need a 1-iron? no

Will I be buying one? Heck yes I will

WITB

Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Ventus Blue 7-TX

Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Ventus Black 8-X

Callaway Apex UW 17º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Kfar09 said:

> > > @jrshelby said:

> > > Looks like they hit the USGA conforming list. All hybrids offered LH but no Utility irons listed with LH models. The U510 is offered 1,2 and 3 iron while the U500 is 2, 3 and 4!

> > >

> >

> > I sure hope the LH models just haven't been listed yet. I don't see why they would only market to RH on these irons.

>

> Utility irons are a small subset of clubs used by amateurs and lefties are also a small subset. From a business aspect it doesn’t make sense to offer a specialty club to a small number of golfers.

As a lefty I've never understood this. I could be way off base here, but how difficult is it to just reverse the design? I get that it's a smaller market and it makes no sense to produce a large amount for a small group, but it can't be that crazy to at least offer clubs made to order for lefties who want them.

> @gordo865 said:

> As a lefty I've never understood this. I could be way off base here, but how difficult is it to just reverse the design? I get that it's a smaller market and it makes no sense to produce a large amount for a small group, but it can't be that crazy to at least offer clubs made to order for lefties who want them.

It should be a simple mirror image of the CAD file. They will then have to kick off additional tooling to forge / cast the clubs as well as any finishing afterwards. Additional stock would need to be held so its probably a simple business case of how much all that will cost vs how many they can expect to sell. My gut is that the investment is pretty small in the grand scheme.

> @Kfar09 said:

> > @gordo865 said:

> > As a lefty I've never understood this. I could be way off base here, but how difficult is it to just reverse the design? I get that it's a smaller market and it makes no sense to produce a large amount for a small group, but it can't be that crazy to at least offer clubs made to order for lefties who want them.

>

> It should be a simple mirror image of the CAD file. They will then have to kick off additional tooling to forge / cast the clubs as well as any finishing afterwards. Additional stock would need to be held so its probably a simple business case of how much all that will cost vs how many they can expect to sell. My gut is that the investment is pretty small in the grand scheme.

Pretty much nailed it. I’m sure they look at number of current lefty sales and what they are buying and if it makes financial sense to make something they do if not then it’s rh only

> @gordo865 said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @Kfar09 said:

> > > > @jrshelby said:

> > > > Looks like they hit the USGA conforming list. All hybrids offered LH but no Utility irons listed with LH models. The U510 is offered 1,2 and 3 iron while the U500 is 2, 3 and 4!

> > > >

> > >

> > > I sure hope the LH models just haven't been listed yet. I don't see why they would only market to RH on these irons.

> >

> > Utility irons are a small subset of clubs used by amateurs and lefties are also a small subset. From a business aspect it doesn’t make sense to offer a specialty club to a small number of golfers.

>

> As a lefty I've never understood this. I could be way off base here, but how difficult is it to just reverse the design? I get that it's a smaller market and it makes no sense to produce a large amount for a small group, but it can't be that crazy to at least offer clubs made to order for lefties who want them.

I think custom order would be the way to go. I would be ok with that. It may take a little longer to get my club but at least I would have the option of making that purchase. Then also they wouldn't get stuck with excess inventory that they would take a potential loss. I'm really surprised that Titleist would not offer any lefty utility irons. That's why Ping & now PXG are getting a lot of my business. They are currently the only OEM's to offer everything they make in both left & right.

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

> @JohnKHawk said:

> > @gordo865 said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @Kfar09 said:

> > > > > @jrshelby said:

> > > > > Looks like they hit the USGA conforming list. All hybrids offered LH but no Utility irons listed with LH models. The U510 is offered 1,2 and 3 iron while the U500 is 2, 3 and 4!

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I sure hope the LH models just haven't been listed yet. I don't see why they would only market to RH on these irons.

> > >

> > > Utility irons are a small subset of clubs used by amateurs and lefties are also a small subset. From a business aspect it doesn’t make sense to offer a specialty club to a small number of golfers.

> >

> > As a lefty I've never understood this. I could be way off base here, but how difficult is it to just reverse the design? I get that it's a smaller market and it makes no sense to produce a large amount for a small group, but it can't be that crazy to at least offer clubs made to order for lefties who want them.

>

> I think custom order would be the way to go. I would be ok with that. It may take a little longer to get my club but at least I would have the option of making that purchase. Then also they wouldn't get stuck with excess inventory that they would take a potential loss. I'm really surprised that Titleist would not offer any lefty utility irons. That's why Ping & now PXG are getting a lot of my business. They are currently the only OEM's to offer everything they make in both left & right.

The price of custom order would bump up the price. For some that might not be an issue but for a release geared toward the general public wouldn’t make sense

> @getair23 said:

> Already thinking of how to make U 510 1 iron fit in my bag. The 2 would make much more sense, but there is something about seeing a 1 iron in a golf bag (mostly ego).

Just bend it weak 2* and play a light graphite shaft. Spray paint the shaft with chrome paint so it looks like a steel shaft. Slap a DG s400 sticker on it. Take some steel wool to wear out a dime size mark in the center of the face to show your buddies how pure you hit it. Everytime you hit it, obnoxiously yell "SIT DOWN, s*** I PURED IT AGAIN". Everytime it leaves your bag ask your playing partners what club they are hitting, and during the middle of their response just interrupt them and let the know you're hitting a 1 iron. Regardless of where it goes, give it a full 3 rotation club twirl and hold the finish pose.

• Like 2

> @mn44 said:

> > @getair23 said:

> > Already thinking of how to make U 510 1 iron fit in my bag. The 2 would make much more sense, but there is something about seeing a 1 iron in a golf bag (mostly ego).

>

> Just bend it weak 2* and play a light graphite shaft. Spray paint the shaft with chrome paint so it looks like a steel shaft. Slap a DG s400 sticker on it. Take some steel wool to wear out a dime size mark in the center of the face to show your buddies how pure you hit it. Everytime you hit it, obnoxiously yell "SIT DOWN, **** I PURED IT AGAIN". Everytime it leaves your bag ask your playing partners what club they are hitting, and during the middle of their response just interrupt them and let the know you're hitting a 1 iron. Regardless of where it goes, give it a full 3 rotation club twirl and hold the finish pose.

I like all of this. Except you might as well throw an X100 sticker on there. If you’re gonna do it, do it.

• Like 1