Precision Pro NX7/NX7 Pro

> @ThinkingPlus said:

> I have a couple of questions for those who have the NX7 Pro.

> 1) Are there any issues using the rangefinder with polarized sunglasses? This is an issue with some Nikon models.

Haven't used with polarized glasses but do wear my regular glasses with bifocals and transition lenses without issue.

> 2) Has anyone compared slope range performance between the NX7 Pro and slope models from other OEMs?

Played yesterday with friend who has a Bushnell V4 slope and we were within a yard or so all day so it appears that they use similar formulas for the slope and the yard or so is the error built into the 2 units.

Also, the NX7 seemed to be just as fast or faster to acquire the target but of course that could have been our differences in steadying the units, etc. Overall still happy with the NX7 pro after 2 rounds.

> @jmck1737 said:

> > @ThinkingPlus said:

> > I have a couple of questions for those who have the NX7 Pro.

> > 1) Are there any issues using the rangefinder with polarized sunglasses? This is an issue with some Nikon models.

> Haven't used with polarized glasses but do wear my regular glasses with bifocals and transition lenses without issue.

> > 2) Has anyone compared slope range performance between the NX7 Pro and slope models from other OEMs?

> Played yesterday with friend who has a Bushnell V4 slope and we were within a yard or so all day so it appears that they use similar formulas for the slope and the yard or so is the error built into the 2 units.

>

> Also, the NX7 seemed to be just as fast or faster to acquire the target but of course that could have been our differences in steadying the units, etc. Overall still happy with the NX7 pro after 2 rounds.

>

> .

>

>

Thanks. I appreciate the info.

Jumped on the Precision Pro wagon train yesterday, put my order in. Going with the non-slope, NX7 model, FWIW.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Finally got the NX7 Pro to the course yesterday. Pretty impressed with it so far. It locked on quickly and the extra magnification over my old V2 was a nice addition. My buddy uses a V4 with slope and we were within 0-3 yards of each other. That is well within the range of my accuracy needs :). I actually think the NX7 was the more accurate of the 2, but I couldn't say that to my buddy.

> @NRJyzr said:

> Jumped on the Precision Pro wagon train yesterday, put my order in. Going with the non-slope, NX7 model, FWIW.

Got my new toy last Thursday. Spent a bit of time needlessly lasering trees, shrubs, utility poles, houses, etc in my neighborhood, just to get a feel for how to use it. I'd seen the comments about using the single click vs the continual button press I was accustomed to, had no troubles switching.

Quick interjection: I very cleverly did not directly compare distance results (either on course or in my playing around in the yard) with the unit I'm attempting to replace, a Nikon LaserCaddie 500g. I've still got it in the golf bag, will have to compare on course at some point.

Played Friday afternoon, took the NX7 with me, used it exclusively. Very easy acquiring flags on the greens, as well as members of the threesome in front of us. I never got a strange reading, where the laser was appearing to target something well past my target. The distance reading shows in the lower right corner, and with my old laser, such a placement might be an issue in seeing the number before releasing the button, but with the NX7, once it acquires the target and gives you the buzz notification that it's done so, the reading stays visible for a second or so, allowing you to shift your eye focus without worrying about losing your target, or having the target change on you.

The only possible quibble I might have isn't really a big issue. I'd seen our friendly Precision Pro account here comment that they use a slightly broader beam laser in their product. I had the chance to attempt lasering a target through some tree cover, purely an academic exercise and not the result of any errant shot by yours truly, of course (I wish), and found the NX7 wouldn't laser through small openings of small branches on trees, to the target beyond. Interestingly, though, I was able to shift my focus to a spot midway down the pin from the flag, where line of sight was not interrupted by those small branches, and get a reading on that pin. This is something I may not have easily been able to do with my older Nikon.

My course uses 3 foot high stakes as a 150 marker in the middle of the fairway, I'll have to see how successful I could be trying to target those.

Sorry for the stupid length, but I didn't want to just post "hey, this is pretty cool, you should try it." LOL Which I guess you could use as the short version of the above. :)

• Like 1

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

@"Precision Pro Golf" Do you have any suggestions when using the unit to prevent shakiness to get the most accurate readings? I love the rangefinder, the size and accuracy, I just cant seem to keep it steady. I have been told to move the laser left and right and visa versa to get a reading if I am too shaky. I guess I need to lay off the coffee before rounds :#

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

> @AG12 said:

> @"Precision Pro Golf" Do you have any suggestions when using the unit to prevent shakiness to get the most accurate readings? I love the rangefinder, the size and accuracy, I just cant seem to keep it steady. I have been told to move the laser left and right and visa versa to get a reading if I am too shaky. I guess I need to lay off the coffee before rounds :#

Decaf

> @AG12 said:

> @"Precision Pro Golf" Do you have any suggestions when using the unit to prevent shakiness to get the most accurate readings? I love the rangefinder, the size and accuracy, I just cant seem to keep it steady. I have been told to move the laser left and right and visa versa to get a reading if I am too shaky. I guess I need to lay off the coffee before rounds :#

Good question. The most common way we've heard people get around it is using 2 hands, if you aren't doing that already. I would 1000% try that before giving up my pre-round cup of coffee haha. Hope this helps! - Trey D.

> @"Precision Pro Golf" said:

> > @AG12 said:

> > @"Precision Pro Golf" Do you have any suggestions when using the unit to prevent shakiness to get the most accurate readings? I love the rangefinder, the size and accuracy, I just cant seem to keep it steady. I have been told to move the laser left and right and visa versa to get a reading if I am too shaky. I guess I need to lay off the coffee before rounds :#

>

> Good question. The most common way we've heard people get around it is using 2 hands, if you aren't doing that already. I would 1000% try that before giving up my pre-round cup of coffee haha. Hope this helps! - Trey D.

>

haha ok thank you! @"Precision Pro Golf"

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

> @NRJyzr said:

>

> My course uses 3 foot high stakes as a 150 marker in the middle of the fairway, I'll have to see how successful I could be trying to target those.

>

So I tried targeting the 150 stakes mentioned above. I do not have the most steady hands in the world, but was able to target the stakes from 207 yards.

FWIW, I use two hands with the laser. ;)

> @dubbelbogey said:

> A tip from my days shooting photos using film cameras and unstabilized lenses: prop one elbow (or both, if you can manage it) on your chest.

> For those of you who ride a cart, you can often stabilize against the windscreen support.

Thank you sir!

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Just got my NX7 Pro today. I have a Leupold GX-3i2. Haven't taken it to the course, just targeting signs and trees and what not and the yardages are within a yard. Love my Leupold, but wanted to try a rangefinder with slope and didn't want to spend the huge dollars on the slope edition Leupold. The NX7 Pro feels a little lighter than the Leupold. The Leupold feels and looks like it's a better made unit, but I'm hopeful that the NX7 Pro is well built and with all the reviews as long as it does what it's suppose to do will be a good purchase. The other thing, and it's early as I haven't had much time with the NX7 Pro, it's strange looking through getting distances and not seeing the red OLED from the Leupold, also the Leupold kind of has a blueish tint and it really helps when targeting flags into the sun.

Ping G430 Max 10.5, VA Nemesis 55 four

Ping G430 5-18, VA Vylyn 65 four

Ping G430 4H, 5H, 6H, Alta 70S

Mizuno Pro 245, 6-gw. MMT 85S

Ping S159 54S, MMT 105S

Cleveland RTX 6, 60 mid, Tour Rack Raw,Nippon Modus wedge 115

Odyssey Nano 7, stroke lab

Pro V 1X or Z-Star XV

> @AG12 said:

I have shaky hands too and what I've found works better than the two hand method was to brace my hand holding the unit against my face using my thumb. I stick my thumb straight out and press it into my cheek, probably right below the orbital bone/meaty part of your cheek. Not really using the tip of my thumb per se but more the side pressed into the side of my cheek. Works great, zero shaky problems.

• Like 1

> @timbo08 said:

> > @AG12 said:

> > @"Precision Pro Golf" Do you have any suggestions when using the unit to prevent shakiness to get the most accurate readings? I love the rangefinder, the size and accuracy, I just cant seem to keep it steady. I have been told to move the laser left and right and visa versa to get a reading if I am too shaky. I guess I need to lay off the coffee before rounds :#

>

> I have shaky hands too and what I've found works better than the two hand method was to brace my hand holding the unit against my face using my thumb. I stick my thumb straight out and press it into my cheek, probably right below the orbital bone/meaty part of your cheek. Not really using the tip of my thumb per se but more the side pressed into the side of my cheek. Works great, zero shaky problems.

Thank you sir I will give that a try this weekend!

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

> @"Song Dog" said:

> Made a couple rounds with the NX7. Flawless and does exactly what I need it to. Good unit for the money.

Couldn't agree more. GolfWRX helped with my purchase of the unit also. Rave reviews and the hype is real.

• Like 1

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Just pulled the trigger on the NX7 non-slope after reading through all the positive testimonials in this thread. Can't wait to put it through its paces.

Taylormade M3 9.5 W/ Fujikura Atmos TS 6X 

TaylorMade M3 17 HL W/ Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7X

Titleist 816 T-MB 3i W/ KBS C-Taper X

Titleist ZM Blades 4-PW W/ S300

Titleist Vokey SM Black Nickel 54(bent52)/58

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport #2 33”

• 2 weeks later...

Several months in and I am very happy with the product. I’ve not had any issues. It locks in quickly and it’s trustworthy.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

> @tjl48 said:

> Seem to be starting to have some issues with my range finder. It is not picking up the flag as often as it used to. Taking more time to pick it up in general. Anyone else run into anything like this? Think this is my 3rd season with it.

Yes, I've been having issues also. I would say it's longer distances (160 yards and beyond). I've tried cleaning the lens, replacing the battery, but my 2 years of owning the device are up so I'll have to keep troubleshooting since it's no longer under warranty. I do playing Torrey frequently so we get fog rolling in and out often and that seems to have a big impact at times. I've reached out to CS and they were trying to make daylight performance stronger with the lens which may have a negative impact when the conditions are not ideal. Overall, it's been a solid device but I'm hoping things will improve with the sunnier weather (no more June gloom!).

Driver: Titleist TSR2

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Cobra Baffler F6

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Versa 3T

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

Today and tomorrow only (7/15-7/16)! Exclusive Prime Day deals on NX7 Pro Slope (save $50), NX7 (save $40) and Nexus (save $40).

[https://amazon.com/NX7-Pro-Golf-Rangefinder-Precision/dp/B00KNNKYNW/ref=zg_bs_3411111_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SG2ZFDM5SDPEM93CYESZ](https://www.amazon.com/NX7-Pro-Golf-Rangefinder-Precision/dp/B00KNNKYNW/ref=zg_bs_3411111_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SG2ZFDM5SDPEM93CYESZ "https://amazon.com/NX7-Pro-Golf-Rangefinder-Precision/dp/B00KNNKYNW/ref=zg_bs_3411111_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SG2ZFDM5SDPEM93CYESZ")

> @ry1808 said:

> That's a great deal on the NX7's. Do you think it is worth the upgrade to the NX9?

Definitely think the NX9 HD Slope is worth the upgrade. It has all the same features as the NX7 Pro Slope with a couple extras. The NX9 HD Slope is faster, has 7x magnification (the NX7 Pro Slope is 6x) and has a built in magnet so it's always within reach. At the same time, this is one of the best prices for the NX7 Pro Slope until the holidays.