Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Arccos Link

2»

Comments

• nupezbnupezb  67Members Posts: 67

@North Butte said:
    CURRENT ARCCOS OPERATION
    When a sensor on a club detects impact, it sends a high-frequency sound signal to the phone in your pocket. The app running on the phone records a tag that consist of the location (from your phone's GPS) and the number of the club that was used. The information is uploaded to Arccos servers (if Internet is available) or stored on the phone app until such time as it can be uploaded.

ARCCOS LINK OPERATION
    The Arccos Link will be a belt unit that provides the GPS and microphone functions so that shots can be recorded on the Link for later upload. The phone will not need to be in your pocket.

Either way, location is as accurate as any on-course GPS app on your phone would be. Give or take a couple yards most of the time, can be a good bit farther off once in a while. You can edit mistakes out of the recorded round either using the phone or at home with a web browser. The recording of shot is fairly accurate but there will be a time or two per round (in my experience) where a phantom shot get recorded that didn't actually happen or once in a great while it might miss a shot that did happen. Again, you can fix that in the phone app in real time or later via web browser.

Additional sources of editing requirements are things like using a putter from off the green (you use the app to label that as a "chip" rather than a "putt"), occasionally moving a shot into a bunker that was tagged as being slightly outside, nudging the location to the other side of the rough/fairway line for shots that end up close to the line or adding in an additional putt that it didn't detect.

One way or another, every round will require at least a couple of minor fixups and some rounds will require a fair bit of attention if those details are important to you. Also it does not detect (by GPS) where the hole is located. It guesses but you will have to edit that guess by hand quite often if you want accurate putting and short game stats.

P.S. If you prefer to do all this editing and correction in real time, during the round, you will spend quite a bit of time with your phone in hand between shots or between holes. I prefer to handle it all later and just leave the phone in my pocket. Too distracting while I'm playing. A typical round that I've edited/corrected shot by shot, hole by hole probably involved 15-20 total minutes of swiping and tapping and multi-finger gestures on the phone screen, spread over the 18 holes.

You are correct....either way you will have to do some editing during or post round. I find most of my editing is around the putting greens either updating the flag location or adjusting the number of putts.

Posted:
    King F8 Volition Driver Blue Camo
    Cleveland 588 Fairway 3 wood

King F8 One Length Hybrid 19°
    King F8 One Length Hybrid 25°
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 4-GW
    Titleist Vokey 52°

Titleist Vokey 55°
    Titleist Vokey 60°
    Cleveland Huntington Beach 4 Putter
    Snell MTB

MG Tour C4
    Precision Pro NX7
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU  8097Members Posts: 8,097

Do you users find this a useful and helpful tool?

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 9*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MB Aldila RIP SLT Tour 115X Flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 52, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • North ButteNorth Butte  11741Members Posts: 11,741

If you want the world's greatest GPS course management tool, buy an Arccos, install the sensors, let it learn how you hit your clubs for 10-20 rounds and there's nothing on the market better for helping you navigate a tricky course.

If you want to do analytics, like Game Golf it's maybe better than nothing but I think the post-round analysis stuff is pretty mundane and typically tells you stuff you already knew about your game. But the analytics are a great bonus in addition to the Caddie, which is outstanding.

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • DriverDivotsDriverDivots  2Members Posts: 2

i've tried arccos and game golf, and I love arccos (what I'm currently using). the stats are amazing, gives you a round handicap for drives, approach, chipping, putting, so you can see what areas need work. Also It's so nice to just have my phone in my pocket and not take it out before/after each shot to check that it registered. I played 4 or 5 holes before taking my phone out, and it had all my shots recorded (although I did have to adjust a few putts and chips since sometimes I hit extra putts at the end to practice, it does record those but very easy to delete. in my opinion, nothing else compares to arccos.

Posted:
  • Joker91Joker91 Westminster, CO 572Members Posts: 572

I cancelled my Arccos Link pre-order and will most likely be getting rid of my system. I don't like the way the sensors feel on the end of the club, makes me feel like I'm choking down on every club.

The Smart Grips sound great but I'm not paying $100 a year to use them. Especially for something like a grip that will need to be replaced every couple of years.

Posted:

@Joker91 said:
    I cancelled my Arccos Link pre-order and will most likely be getting rid of my system. I don't like the way the sensors feel on the end of the club, makes me feel like I'm choking down on every club.

The Smart Grips sound great but I'm not paying $100 a year to use them. Especially for something like a grip that will need to be replaced every couple of years.

I have to say, as much as I like (mostly) the basic Arccos system the appeal of the Smart Grips thing escapes me. It seems like something, as my father used to say, that's made to SELL not to USE.

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.

Advertisement
  • GDTBATHGDTBATH  143Members Posts: 143

Any update on when the Link will be released? A friend pre-ordered it as a gift so I don’t have access to the email letting me know when it might arrive.

Posted:

"Play hard. Play Smart. Play Together." - DES

Someone recently posted that Arccos told him "late June". Which of course translates to "not yet".

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • GlockamoleTXGlockamoleTX  9Members Posts: 9

Deleted the Arccos Driver app today and am through messing with it. Worked fine early on but began to not not register second shots, app would quit unexpectedly. Too much time **** with it on the course. Sent a message to Arccos but never received a response. Other than that I like it just fine.

Posted:
  • Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear  511Members Posts: 511

So Arccos just emailed today that the Link has been delayed until September. I'm sure most of the people reading this thread got this email today, but im going to post the contents here for those who are interested but not signed up yet:

Dear Arccos Family,

I’m writing to share an update on the status of Arccos Link. Our team has been working exceptionally hard to bring you this revolutionary product that allows Arccos users to play without a smartphone in their pocket. Results from beta testing, and on-course demos with our partners at Cobra and PING, have gone very well. That said, the innovation path often includes speed bumps, and now is one of those times.

We will not meet our target of delivering by early-summer, and now anticipate shipping to begin in mid-September.

Because it’s incredibly difficult to pioneer new hardware and predict a launch date, we elected not to charge any credit cards during pre-order. We will continue to honor that commitment and not charge your credit card until Arccos Link ships.

Why the delay?

There are two main reasons for the delay:

GPS Accuracy: During beta-testing, there were some situations where the GPS did not provide the level of accuracy we wanted. We redesigned the GPS to be more robust by using more global satellite constellations to significantly improve location accuracy.

Hole Location Marking: In many posts on our Team Arccos Facebook group (click here to join) and during beta testing, users requested the ability to mark hole locations. We decided to include a button to do just that, rather than develop this feature in a future generation Arccos Link device.
    Both changes have required extra development and testing, as well as the need to source significant quantities of new components to support the upgraded GPS solution. While the delay is no doubt a disappointment to you, both changes will allow us to achieve the high standards we have set for ourselves, and provide the Arccos Link experience you deserve.

How sure are we that there will be no more delays?

We’re now extremely happy with how Arccos Link functions, and there are no more hardware refinements necessary to implement and test. We are currently completing final integration of the product before pre-production testing, where we will test a significant batch of units, before moving to full production. We will continue to keep you updated as we move forward by email, and by posting on the Team Arccos Facebook group.

We care about you.

I have personally heard from many of you who are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Arccos Link, and I’m sure the delay is not the news you wanted to hear. Please know that we are working every day to make the product better, and to get it to you as fast as possible.

As a small gesture of our appreciation, and as a thank you for all your support as we continue to revolutionize golf through data and insights, I’d like to offer a 25% discount code for use on the Arccos website valid until the end of July (Code: LINK-VIP)*. I know this doesn’t make up for the delay, but my sincere hope is that you continue to support us as we develop new products and features to save you strokes on the golf course.

Thank you once again for your support. It means the world to us.

Warmest regards,

Sal Syed
    CEO & Co-Founder

Posted:

Ping G400 Max 9* Hzrdus Yellow HC/Callaway Epic 9* GD Tour AD TP
    Cobra F7 3-4w GD Tour AD IZ 7s
    Cobra F7 3h and 4h
    Mizuno JPX-919 Forged 5-PW Project X Catalyst 100cw 6.0
    Callaway MD4 50/54/58 Recoil 110 F4
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7 KBS CT Tour shaft and Evnroll Gravity Grip
    Callaway Chromesoft Truvis (for the look, because I'm a dork)

• pnd4pndpnd4pnd  54Lefty Boomers Posts: 54

I tried the code LINK-VIP and it didn't work. Has anyone been successful with this?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle  2404Members Posts: 2,404

@pnd4pnd said:
    I tried the code LINK-VIP and it didn't work. Has anyone been successful with this?

have you used the email address that you pre-ordered link with?

Posted:
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area. 25074ClubWRX Posts: 25,074

I've had HUGE issues with Arccos for 4 months now and their support has been so ineffective to the point that I wrote an email to their SVP of R&D today. Detailed in another thread the issues and inconsistency from round to round and sometimes, hole to hole. I've done everything from deleting/reinstalling the app to cleaning the microphones to changing the phone and my personal favorite, changing my shorts. SERIOUSLY. The told me my shorts were causing an issue. Um...OK.

On the other hand, I've recently shot 18 hole rounds of 69, 56, 52 and 50. So I got that going for me....and you know the rest of that.

Posted:

Whether it is buggy or not, the effect of Arccos on your scoring is too good to ignore.

I'd carry around a 1971-era radio telephone if it would help me shoot 50!

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf  3441Members Posts: 3,441

Just bought the Arccos system because of their support for Apple Watch, hope this works as well as some have claimed.

Posted:
    Driver - Home Ping G410 + 9.5*   Away Ping G400 Max 10*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Apex CF-19 5-SW
    Wedge - PXG 58* 
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area. 25074ClubWRX Posts: 25,074

Per Arccos, shot a solid -17 on Saturday. Among the highlight were a 700 yard drive (on a 400 yard hole), hitting a ball from about 100 yards off the course on the left when I happened to be on the right side of the fairway, a 322 yard 4i (conditions were firm), and a stretch where I went...

Eagle
    Double eagle
    Ace
    Eagle
    Bogey (what...how did that get in there)
    Ace
    Eagle
    BTW, the bogey was the only one that was correct. All of this was done with a brand new Samsung Galaxy S10+, fully charged battery, thin shots, phone in no case, front left pocket, microphones facing out, etc. Very frustrated with the service.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle  2404Members Posts: 2,404

Try to pinpoint which clubs are registering and which one does not, and in what conditions.
    I suspect the sensors are the culprit here. I'd email arccos to arrange full swap of sensors.

Posted:

@larciel said:
    Try to pinpoint which clubs are registering and which one does not, and in what conditions.
    I suspect the sensors are the culprit here. I'd email arccos to arrange full swap of sensors.

For 4 months now I've been emailing their support team to no avail. In every situation they put the problem on me for something I did or didn't do.

From Saturday, I sent a shot by shot note detailing the round to the R&D guy. The problem is there is no consistency. It picked up most but not all drivers, several times it picked up the 4i but others it did not, had one instance where it said I was playing from about 100 yards off the course to the left when I was actually in the fairway on the right. It had several holes that it didn't pick up at all after picking up the previous holes. The inconsistency extended to the putter as well. On 1 hole it showed me with 5 putts and on several holes it didn't show any putts.

The round on Saturday was with a brand new Samsung Galaxy S10+ with the app just installed and the sensors paired.

Posted:
  • zoned_post_meridiemzoned_post_meridiem  97Members Posts: 97

I assume they had you verify this, but do you have good GPS reception on the course?

Posted:

@zoned_post_meridiem said:
    I assume they had you verify this, but do you have good GPS reception on the course?

I have a Garmin G6 which works fine and this is happening on multiple courses unfortunately.

Posted:
  • jg1166jg1166  362Members Posts: 362

Just a quick note I have been advised by a playing partner that uses Arccos and was eagerly awaiting the Arcoss Link device, hates having his phone in his pocket, that they have further issues with the device and will not be releasing it in 2019

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear  511Members Posts: 511

@jg1166 said:
    Just a quick note I have been advised by a playing partner that uses Arccos and was eagerly awaiting the Arcoss Link device, hates having his phone in his pocket, that they have further issues with the device and will not be releasing it in 2019

Thanks for the update. I was just wondering what the status was and why we haven't heard anything. Pretty disappointed that they were so wrong in their predictions about how prepared they were for launch. It's a pretty big miss to be off by a whole year.

Posted:

Ping G400 Max 9* Hzrdus Yellow HC/Callaway Epic 9* GD Tour AD TP
    Cobra F7 3-4w GD Tour AD IZ 7s
    Cobra F7 3h and 4h
    Mizuno JPX-919 Forged 5-PW Project X Catalyst 100cw 6.0
    Callaway MD4 50/54/58 Recoil 110 F4
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7 KBS CT Tour shaft and Evnroll Gravity Grip
    Callaway Chromesoft Truvis (for the look, because I'm a dork)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file