Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

> @soregongolfer said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > Costco says 7% of their customers are golfers. Do you think they just make that number up?

> >

> > No, that information comes from somewhere and it’s not from your membership form.

> >

> > Therefore they are gathering data to determine the characteristics of their customer, including the proportion of golfers. QED.

>

> Apparently it came from a survey that I didn't receive as I have already stated.

You have to keep in mind that Costco's membership count is approaching 50 million in the USA alone. Nobody is going to do a 100% survey of a population that large.

If a survey is how they do it, it would be with sampling techniques, accurate if well done.

Back to the topic of the most epic WRX thread in recent memory-

If you’ve never played the original 4 piece KSig, right now is a good time to get some AAAA balls for $6.66 a dz. I’ve gotten these before and other than a few players marks they look new. Free shipping during the Memorial tournament. I just got 8 dz for $57 (tax.)

https://www.golfballsdirect.com/Kirkland_Signature_Used_Golf_Balls_AAAA_p/608-gkirk12vm.htm?utm_source=GBD+Subscribers&utm_campaign=e85f4480dd-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_5_30_WEEKLY&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4c14589f37-e85f4480dd-12523319&mc_cid=e85f4480dd&mc_eid=f66e768f73

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max Tour AD DI

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Picked up a dozen of original KSIG near mint from a guy who sells ball near my local course on the side of the access road. $10 for 12 almost perfect KSIGS. Wont play them in a tournament but since the KSIG was always 10 yards longer off the tee than my Srixon XV ball I like them especially for Par 5's . Makes going for it in 2 just a little more appealing. (no we don't use the 1 ball rule in my club)

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

> @dasams said:

> The USGA just published their updated conforming ball list (dated Jun 5) and the new 4 piece KP1 is still there. Come on Costco, set 'em free! https://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf

The USGA list says country - USA, manufacturer SM Global. So these aren't made by Nassau in Korea like the original?

> @Girevik said:

> I have to admit, I'm starting to lose hope. While I can't imagine why they'd keep a ball in the list that will never see the light of day, for the life of me I can't understand why it's taking so long.

patience grasshopper, I'm sure the uncertainty with the Titleist lawsuit is factoring in.

• Like 1

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

> @gioreeko said:

> > @Girevik said:

> > I have to admit, I'm starting to lose hope. While I can't imagine why they'd keep a ball in the list that will never see the light of day, for the life of me I can't understand why it's taking so long.

>

> patience grasshopper, I'm sure the uncertainty with the Titleist lawsuit is factoring in.

FYI...the Titleist/Costco lawsuits are settled.

Considering the release history, Costco might be thinking "When is a good time for US to OPEN the flood gates on the new Ksig?"

> @cristphoto said:

> > @dasams said:

> > The USGA just published their updated conforming ball list (dated Jun 5) and the new 4 piece KP1 is still there. Come on Costco, set 'em free! https://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf

>

> The USGA list says country - USA, manufacturer SM Global. So these aren't made by Nassau in Korea like the original?

The original K-Sig 4 piece ball eventually appeared on the USGA conforming list with SM Global as the manufacturer. Was touched on a while back in this thread. SM Global is a logistics company for all kinds of goods. The current 3 piece K-Sig shows SM Global as the manufacturer however per Costco the 3 piece balls are produced in China. It's listed on the box.

> @gioreeko said:

> > @Girevik said:

> > I have to admit, I'm starting to lose hope. While I can't imagine why they'd keep a ball in the list that will never see the light of day, for the life of me I can't understand why it's taking so long.

>

> patience grasshopper, I'm sure the uncertainty with the Titleist lawsuit is factoring in.

Lawsuits were settled in November 2018.

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @gioreeko said:

> > > @Girevik said:

> > > I have to admit, I'm starting to lose hope. While I can't imagine why they'd keep a ball in the list that will never see the light of day, for the life of me I can't understand why it's taking so long.

> >

> > patience grasshopper, I'm sure the uncertainty with the Titleist lawsuit is factoring in.

>

> FYI...the Titleist/Costco lawsuits are settled.

>

> Considering the release history, Costco might be thinking "When is a good time for US to OPEN the flood gates on the new Ksig?"

Maybe they didn't make the balls until it was settled, and who knows how long it takes to manufacture and ship the balls. Knowing your inside knowledge in the past, I hope you're right!!!

• Like 1

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @gioreeko said:

> > > @Girevik said:

> > > I have to admit, I'm starting to lose hope. While I can't imagine why they'd keep a ball in the list that will never see the light of day, for the life of me I can't understand why it's taking so long.

> >

> > patience grasshopper, I'm sure the uncertainty with the Titleist lawsuit is factoring in.

>

> FYI...the Titleist/Costco lawsuits are settled.

>

> Considering the release history, Costco might be thinking "When is a good time for US to OPEN the flood gates on the new Ksig?"

Based on prior releases of the original K-Sig, I thought they had MASTERED that process.

• Like 1

Sto Pro Veritate

> @gioreeko said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > @Girevik said:

> > > > I have to admit, I'm starting to lose hope. While I can't imagine why they'd keep a ball in the list that will never see the light of day, for the life of me I can't understand why it's taking so long.

> > >

> > > patience grasshopper, I'm sure the uncertainty with the Titleist lawsuit is factoring in.

> >

> > FYI...the Titleist/Costco lawsuits are settled.

> >

> > Considering the release history, Costco might be thinking "When is a good time for US to OPEN the flood gates on the new Ksig?"

>

> Maybe they didn't make the balls until it was settled, and who knows how long it takes to manufacture and ship the balls. Knowing your inside knowledge in the past, I hope you're right!!!

I wonder what is required to get a ball on the list? Just the specs, or does a ball have to actually exist? And the conspiracy voice in me whispers that if it's just the specs, how can we be sure what they put on the list is what gets produced?

Sto Pro Veritate

Anyone knows the detail of the settlement between Titleist and Costco ?

Both Titleist and the Nassau are S. Korean based ownership so I wonder if the settlement prohibit Nassau from manufacturing additional supply of the original Kirkland Signature 4 piece Ball after their stored core was used up.

Even if the 4 piece comes back in retail, it won't be the exact same golf ball and won;t be at the introductory price . I still have some of the original 4 piece Ball somewhere, it might be the dinosaur that never come back to life.

As for the "made in China" printed on the box for the new 3 piece, not sure if the golf ball and/or the packaging was manufactured in China.

I doubt there is any possibility the original K Sig will come back alive at the same retail price.

> @gioreeko said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > @Girevik said:

> > > > I have to admit, I'm starting to lose hope. While I can't imagine why they'd keep a ball in the list that will never see the light of day, for the life of me I can't understand why it's taking so long.

> > >

> > > patience grasshopper, I'm sure the uncertainty with the Titleist lawsuit is factoring in.

> >

> > FYI...the Titleist/Costco lawsuits are settled.

> >

> > Considering the release history, Costco might be thinking "When is a good time for US to OPEN the flood gates on the new Ksig?"

>

> Maybe they didn't make the balls until it was settled, and who knows how long it takes to manufacture and ship the balls. Knowing your inside knowledge in the past, I hope you're right!!!

The person who gave me the occasional scoop is extremely tight lipped these days and that's after I gave her some 4 piece KSigs. Isn't this Chicago where bribery is a way of life? We've got several governors who've done jail time that can validate the point.

> @wkuo3 said:

> Anyone knows the detail of the settlement between Titleist and Costco ?

> Both Titleist and the Nassau are S. Korean based ownership so I wonder if the settlement prohibit Nassau from manufacturing additional supply of the original Kirkland Signature 4 piece Ball after their stored core was used up.

> Even if the 4 piece comes back in retail, it won't be the exact same golf ball and won;t be at the introductory price . I still have some of the original 4 piece Ball somewhere, it might be the dinosaur that never come back to life.

> As for the "made in China" printed on the box for the new 3 piece, not sure if the golf ball and/or the packaging was manufactured in China.

> I doubt there is any possibility the original K Sig will come back alive at the same retail price.

No one expects the original 4 piece to come back, but are hopeful that the new 4 piece that is on the conforming ball list, labeled "Performance Plus" (or the KP+), will at some point make an appearance. I don't see any reason to think the original K-Sig was at an "introductory price", so I'd be fairly surprised if the new ball shows up it will be for much more than $30 a double dozen.

Sto Pro Veritate

> @Girevik said:

> > @gioreeko said:

> > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > > @Girevik said:

> > > > > I have to admit, I'm starting to lose hope. While I can't imagine why they'd keep a ball in the list that will never see the light of day, for the life of me I can't understand why it's taking so long.

> > > >

> > > > patience grasshopper, I'm sure the uncertainty with the Titleist lawsuit is factoring in.

> > >

> > > FYI...the Titleist/Costco lawsuits are settled.

> > >

> > > Considering the release history, Costco might be thinking "When is a good time for US to OPEN the flood gates on the new Ksig?"

> >

> > Maybe they didn't make the balls until it was settled, and who knows how long it takes to manufacture and ship the balls. Knowing your inside knowledge in the past, I hope you're right!!!

>

> I wonder what is required to get a ball on the list? Just the specs, or does a ball have to actually exist? And the conspiracy voice in me whispers that if it's just the specs, how can we be sure what they put on the list is what gets produced?

Actual samples of the ball must be submitted and tested for conformance. In fact, for balls to remain on the list long-term samples must be re-submitted for re-testing every couple of years.

• Like 1

> @Girevik said:

> > @gioreeko said:

> > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > > @Girevik said:

> > > > > I have to admit, I'm starting to lose hope. While I can't imagine why they'd keep a ball in the list that will never see the light of day, for the life of me I can't understand why it's taking so long.

> > > >

> > > > patience grasshopper, I'm sure the uncertainty with the Titleist lawsuit is factoring in.

> > >

> > > FYI...the Titleist/Costco lawsuits are settled.

> > >

> > > Considering the release history, Costco might be thinking "When is a good time for US to OPEN the flood gates on the new Ksig?"

> >

> > Maybe they didn't make the balls until it was settled, and who knows how long it takes to manufacture and ship the balls. Knowing your inside knowledge in the past, I hope you're right!!!

>

> I wonder what is required to get a ball on the list? Just the specs, or does a ball have to actually exist? And the conspiracy voice in me whispers that if it's just the specs, how can we be sure what they put on the list is what gets produced?

The balls have to exist and are sent to either the USGA or R&A for compliance testing based on the country the balls were manufactured. This information is readily available on the USGA website.

> @"North Butte" said:

> > @Girevik said:

> > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > > > @Girevik said:

> > > > > > I have to admit, I'm starting to lose hope. While I can't imagine why they'd keep a ball in the list that will never see the light of day, for the life of me I can't understand why it's taking so long.

> > > > >

> > > > > patience grasshopper, I'm sure the uncertainty with the Titleist lawsuit is factoring in.

> > > >

> > > > FYI...the Titleist/Costco lawsuits are settled.

> > > >

> > > > Considering the release history, Costco might be thinking "When is a good time for US to OPEN the flood gates on the new Ksig?"

> > >

> > > Maybe they didn't make the balls until it was settled, and who knows how long it takes to manufacture and ship the balls. Knowing your inside knowledge in the past, I hope you're right!!!

> >

> > I wonder what is required to get a ball on the list? Just the specs, or does a ball have to actually exist? And the conspiracy voice in me whispers that if it's just the specs, how can we be sure what they put on the list is what gets produced?

>

> Actual samples of the ball must be submitted and tested for conformance. In fact, for balls to remain on the list long-term samples must be re-submitted for re-testing every couple of years.

Kind of what I figured. Which means at least SOME of the new balls must exist. Just seems like an inordinate amount of time for them to show up in the wild.

Sto Pro Veritate

> @Girevik said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > > @Girevik said:

> > > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > > > > @Girevik said:

> > > > > > > I have to admit, I'm starting to lose hope. While I can't imagine why they'd keep a ball in the list that will never see the light of day, for the life of me I can't understand why it's taking so long.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > patience grasshopper, I'm sure the uncertainty with the Titleist lawsuit is factoring in.

> > > > >

> > > > > FYI...the Titleist/Costco lawsuits are settled.

> > > > >

> > > > > Considering the release history, Costco might be thinking "When is a good time for US to OPEN the flood gates on the new Ksig?"

> > > >

> > > > Maybe they didn't make the balls until it was settled, and who knows how long it takes to manufacture and ship the balls. Knowing your inside knowledge in the past, I hope you're right!!!

> > >

> > > I wonder what is required to get a ball on the list? Just the specs, or does a ball have to actually exist? And the conspiracy voice in me whispers that if it's just the specs, how can we be sure what they put on the list is what gets produced?

> >

> > Actual samples of the ball must be submitted and tested for conformance. In fact, for balls to remain on the list long-term samples must be re-submitted for re-testing every couple of years.

>

> Kind of what I figured. Which means at least SOME of the new balls must exist. Just seems like an inordinate amount of time for them to show up in the wild.

Your post was inspiration to go look at the USGA testing process. They only require 2 dozen balls to be submitted, but each color is considered a unique ball and must be tested and a fee paid as well.

Interesting comment related to a potential new KSig ball...

"To ensure that the List works efficiently and effectively, it is our goal to further reduce the number of golf balls listed. Consistent with our current procedure, manufacturers should only request that brands falling into the following two categories be considered for inclusion on the List:

(a) Brands that are currently being marketed, or that are planned for the marketplace within the next two months; and,

(b) Brands that are currently being used on the PGA Tour, European Tour, LPGA and other elite levels of play, or that are scheduled to be used at the tour level within the next two months."

• 3 weeks later...

Played a few rounds with the original KSIG the last few days and it is a shame we can't get it anymore. That ball fits my game very well and the price was unbeatable. I have around 20 dozen of them and have decided to start using them up. Long off the tee and plenty of spin into the green. Not as spinny around the green as a ProV1 for me but easy adjustment to get up and down with it.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I'm down to three dozen after once peaking out at 12 dozen. I try to avoid thinking about the day that I run out as it induces severe sadness.

• Like 1

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-9, Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 46°, 50°, 54° D, 60° T, Mitsubishi MMT 85s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

> @Girevik said:

> Sacrilege! Stopped into Costco today and my store still doesn't carry the K3. However the Calloway Tour Soft balls were $5 off, plus no shipping. So I broke down and bought a couple double dozen of them. Have I lost my posting privileges?

Yes. You are expelled from the Ksig club!

FYI, just order online and avoid the chaos of the store.

K3 available in my local store (rub salt in wound). Sorry.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

> @jas904 said:

> I'm down to three dozen after once peaking out at 12 dozen. I try to avoid thinking about the day that I run out as it induces severe sadness.

I peaked out at around 28 and had the distinction of buying at least one double dozen from every release. At one point I considered selling them on ebay when I could have gotten $50 or more per dozen.

> @Stanks said:

> Get. Ready. The refresh button will be quite useful soon.

What are you hearing?

> @trackcoach13 said:

> > @Stanks said:

> > Get. Ready. The refresh button will be quite useful soon.

>

> What are you hearing?

> @trackcoach13 said:

> > @Stanks said:

> > Get. Ready. The refresh button will be quite useful soon.

>

> What are you hearing?

No doubt Titleist's stock will be tanking 50-60% when trading opens tomorrow.

• Like 1