True Game Changer.....2019 Aldila Rogue 130 Tour TX Line Up. Trackman Data and Analysis

TollBros

> @Dcoop86 said:

> Without Toll posting data I haven’t been on WRX nearly as often. His threads were pretty much (by far and away) the only reason I frequented the site. Hopefully he gets back on if they ever fix this new “look” and functionality of the site.

I'll be more active moving forward. This switch over has been terrible honestly. From there being no imbedded images for some time, then we don't have the same basic functionality as we did before, the look is very high contrast which I can't handle looking at for long periods of time, etc. I don't like it, and hopefully there is a reasonable skin on it SOON to get rid of this black on bright white look. Also, I was for some reason physically unable to post, which it seems was a forum error. Now off the soap box. haha. We have had some issues here at GGE as well. Ed has been out for an extended period with personal issues, my computer crashed so we have had to set up an entirely new system for me, my photo editing program wasn't compatible with the new software, so I'm still waiting on a new program, and then I have to learn it still, etc. So much negative stuff all at once has really prevented me from posting or getting any content up. Thankfully all of these things seem to be getting rectified at the same time and I should be back to normal content in about a week or so.

• Like 1

> @TollBros said:

> > @jgard320 said:

> > Took my first swings with the white the other day in a fairway. Gave it a waggle and thought for sure this was going to be a soft mid, high launching shaft. Boy, was I wrong. Much like the KKDC XT, it felt as if the shaft firmed up more the harder I went after it. A very solid and stable shaft that never felt overly stiff. I didn't hit on a launch monitor so I don't know how the numbers will compare, but this is definitely the feel I was looking for. Very linear, doesn't feel like it flexes under the hands, and will stand up to the big swings while playing softer when you need it to. This is definitely a somewhat unique feel, and if you liked the KKDC XT, Rogue White is an option to consider. I could see how, if you struggle to load it, the feel and launch characteristics may not work for you though.

>

> Let us know how it is working out for you after you've got some time in. :)

I'm going to go with fantastic so far. I haven't been able to get on a launch monitor with it, but I was able to switch to a 16.5* high launch head, and when combined with hot melt forward to reduce spin, I'm hitting the ball higher, almost as far as before, and honestly, it's giving me a trajectory that will hold greens without an issue on full swings. I've basically been able to drop the lower lofted 3 wood and 5 wood from the bag because I've reacted so well to this shaft profile, which is allowing me options to fit gaps elsewhere.

Swinging it just gives me the confidence that the shaft is going to do exactly what I need it to do without feeling too soft or too stiff, no matter how hard I swing. I don't know if it's something with the materials or if this is what a perfectly fit shaft is supposed to feel like, but it works for me. Fairway woods, especially off the deck, were by far the part of my game that I had the least confidence in, and now I can say that I at least have confidence that I'll get an acceptable result.

Throwing this out there, I have a White 60TX but want to try the White 70TX if anyone can facilitate that.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

> @Ryan5508 said:

> I really want to try the white but kinda disliked the silver 130. Or at least I really disliked it in the epic flash head....

I tried the silver and it felt stiffer. The old silver profile, I believe was stiff in the handle, softening up a little in the mid, but really stiffened up in the lower mid and tip area. I want to say it was an update to the RIP Alpha. It's a good shaft, but the white definitely feels softer.

> @TollBros said:

> > @Dcoop86 said:

> > Without Toll posting data I haven’t been on WRX nearly as often. His threads were pretty much (by far and away) the only reason I frequented the site. Hopefully he gets back on if they ever fix this new “look” and functionality of the site.

>

> I'll be more active moving forward. This switch over has been terrible honestly. From there being no imbedded images for some time, then we don't have the same basic functionality as we did before, the look is very high contrast which I can't handle looking at for long periods of time, etc. I don't like it, and hopefully there is a reasonable skin on it SOON to get rid of this black on bright white look. Also, I was for some reason physically unable to post, which it seems was a forum error. Now off the soap box. haha. We have had some issues here at GGE as well. Ed has been out for an extended period with personal issues, my computer crashed so we have had to set up an entirely new system for me, my photo editing program wasn't compatible with the new software, so I'm still waiting on a new program, and then I have to learn it still, etc. So much negative stuff all at once has really prevented me from posting or getting any content up. Thankfully all of these things seem to be getting rectified at the same time and I should be back to normal content in about a week or so.

Sorry to hear about all the troubles, that sounds like quite the s*** storm! Good to have you back. :)

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

> @Dcoop86 said:

> Without Toll posting data I haven’t been on WRX nearly as often. His threads were pretty much (by far and away) the only reason I frequented the site. Hopefully he gets back on if they ever fix this new “look” and functionality of the site.

Definitely plus 1 on this comment. JT- your posts and different threads were hands down the best and what I spent most of my time on this site reading. I saw your post regarding Ed and GGE, and I wish Ed the best and hope this site gets it together because the “changeover” has taken WAY too long.

Titleist TsR3 10* w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

Callaway Epic Flash sz 15* /Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s

Titleist Tsi2 hybrid 18* /GD Tour AD IZ 85x

Titleist T-100s 4-GW /PX Lz 6.0

Titleist SM9 54-12d, 60-10s /PX Lz 6.0

Bettinardi BBzero

> @KevCannon said:

> > @Dcoop86 said:

> > Without Toll posting data I haven’t been on WRX nearly as often. His threads were pretty much (by far and away) the only reason I frequented the site. Hopefully he gets back on if they ever fix this new “look” and functionality of the site.

>

> Definitely plus 1 on this comment. JT- your posts and different threads were hands down the best and what I spent most of my time on this site reading. I saw your post regarding Ed and GGE, and I wish Ed the best and hope this site gets it together because the “changeover” has taken WAY too long.

I really appreciate the sentiment. We should be back full strength very soon and rocking out some more data and info threads.

> @TollBros said:

> > @KevCannon said:

> > > @Dcoop86 said:

> > > Without Toll posting data I haven’t been on WRX nearly as often. His threads were pretty much (by far and away) the only reason I frequented the site. Hopefully he gets back on if they ever fix this new “look” and functionality of the site.

> >

> > Definitely plus 1 on this comment. JT- your posts and different threads were hands down the best and what I spent most of my time on this site reading. I saw your post regarding Ed and GGE, and I wish Ed the best and hope this site gets it together because the “changeover” has taken WAY too long.

>

> I really appreciate the sentiment. We should be back full strength very soon and rocking out some more data and info threads.

>

Great to hear and I agree with previous comments - the boards been lacking the last couple months with your absence. Looking forward to the new content.

> @hurley999s said:

> > @TollBros said:

> > > @KevCannon said:

> > > > @Dcoop86 said:

> > > > Without Toll posting data I haven’t been on WRX nearly as often. His threads were pretty much (by far and away) the only reason I frequented the site. Hopefully he gets back on if they ever fix this new “look” and functionality of the site.

> > >

> > > Definitely plus 1 on this comment. JT- your posts and different threads were hands down the best and what I spent most of my time on this site reading. I saw your post regarding Ed and GGE, and I wish Ed the best and hope this site gets it together because the “changeover” has taken WAY too long.

> >

> > I really appreciate the sentiment. We should be back full strength very soon and rocking out some more data and info threads.

> >

>

> Great to hear and I agree with previous comments - the boards been lacking the last couple months with your absence. Looking forward to the new content.

Thank you sir. Now if we could just get a decent skin on it so I didn't have to look at this bright white with black letters. It really gives me a headache after about 20 min. I have long time vertigo issues, so I just can't put any real time in with this look.

> @TollBros said:

> > @hurley999s said:

> > > @TollBros said:

> > > > @KevCannon said:

> > > > > @Dcoop86 said:

> > > > > Without Toll posting data I haven’t been on WRX nearly as often. His threads were pretty much (by far and away) the only reason I frequented the site. Hopefully he gets back on if they ever fix this new “look” and functionality of the site.

> > > >

> > > > Definitely plus 1 on this comment. JT- your posts and different threads were hands down the best and what I spent most of my time on this site reading. I saw your post regarding Ed and GGE, and I wish Ed the best and hope this site gets it together because the “changeover” has taken WAY too long.

> > >

> > > I really appreciate the sentiment. We should be back full strength very soon and rocking out some more data and info threads.

> > >

> >

> > Great to hear and I agree with previous comments - the boards been lacking the last couple months with your absence. Looking forward to the new content.

>

> Thank you sir. Now if we could just get a decent skin on it so I didn't have to look at this bright white with black letters. It really gives me a headache after about 20 min. I have long time vertigo issues, so I just can't put any real time in with this look.

The opposite does the same to me; black background with white letters, absolutely hurts my head and makes me nauseous.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Bridgestone 

> @Valtiel said:

> > @TollBros said:

> > > @hurley999s said:

> > > > @TollBros said:

> > > > > @KevCannon said:

> > > > > > @Dcoop86 said:

> > > > > > Without Toll posting data I haven’t been on WRX nearly as often. His threads were pretty much (by far and away) the only reason I frequented the site. Hopefully he gets back on if they ever fix this new “look” and functionality of the site.

> > > > >

> > > > > Definitely plus 1 on this comment. JT- your posts and different threads were hands down the best and what I spent most of my time on this site reading. I saw your post regarding Ed and GGE, and I wish Ed the best and hope this site gets it together because the “changeover” has taken WAY too long.

> > > >

> > > > I really appreciate the sentiment. We should be back full strength very soon and rocking out some more data and info threads.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Great to hear and I agree with previous comments - the boards been lacking the last couple months with your absence. Looking forward to the new content.

> >

> > Thank you sir. Now if we could just get a decent skin on it so I didn't have to look at this bright white with black letters. It really gives me a headache after about 20 min. I have long time vertigo issues, so I just can't put any real time in with this look.

>

> The opposite does the same to me; black background with white letters, absolutely hurts my head and makes me nauseous.

48a499i8taja.png

iris software - you can customize how your device appears systemwide, across all apps. i believe the pic may show the text as white with some color on your end but i've taking out all blue light on my system so everything appears to be a shade of dark orange on a black background on my screen.

I will be posting some updated thoughts on Rogue White 130 as well as some more info on the Rogue Black 130, which Justin Rose tested extensively before the US Open and from what I hear, really liked and toggled between switching to before the tournament. Phil also is playing it and has been for the last month or so.

> @TollBros said:

> > @hurley999s said:

> > Nice. Can’t wait to hear updated info/experiences.

>

> I'll be writing that up this weekend. Sort of a "after 30 rounds" type thing. Also I will be adding some customer comments and such as well.

Feel free to use anything I've ever said. Haven't hit my driver or my fairway this good with any other shaft combination, and the feel is absolutely incredible. It's pretty much the perfect driver and fairway shaft for me.

> @jgard320 said:

> > @TollBros said:

> > > @hurley999s said:

> > > Nice. Can’t wait to hear updated info/experiences.

> >

> > I'll be writing that up this weekend. Sort of a "after 30 rounds" type thing. Also I will be adding some customer comments and such as well.

>

> Feel free to use anything I've ever said. Haven't hit my driver or my fairway this good with any other shaft combination, and the feel is absolutely incredible. It's pretty much the perfect driver and fairway shaft for me.

We are having a tremendous amount of customer success with this product. It reminds me of V2 Orange in the way just about everyone has really loved the product. I've had a couple guys who blind bought, who actually had spin rates too low and had to go up in loft as a result. With Mitsubishi taking over Aldila, things are really changing out there for the better. These new 130 products are phenomenal, X-Torsion was excellent, Synergy Black and Green were game changers as well. In my opinion Rogue White 130 is the best of the bunch in it's current prototype form. I love it, and will be writing up my full thoughts this weekend.

> @TollBros said:

> I will be posting some updated thoughts on Rogue White 130 as well as some more info on the Rogue Black 130, which Justin Rose tested extensively before the US Open and from what I hear, really liked and toggled between switching to before the tournament. Phil also is playing it and has been for the last month or so.

Saw plenty of 130 blacks at the U.S. Open, Rosey was playing a tpt shaft on Thursday when I followed him. Tons of guys were playing the Ventus and Pro Orange as well. What surprised me was the number of older o.g. Diamana's still in play.

> @Booker said:

> > @TollBros said:

> > I will be posting some updated thoughts on Rogue White 130 as well as some more info on the Rogue Black 130, which Justin Rose tested extensively before the US Open and from what I hear, really liked and toggled between switching to before the tournament. Phil also is playing it and has been for the last month or so.

>

> Saw plenty of 130 blacks at the U.S. Open, Rosey was playing a tpt shaft on Thursday when I followed him. Tons of guys were playing the Ventus and Pro Orange as well. What surprised me was the number of older o.g. Diamana's still in play.

Koepka, Tiger and Casey have all won recently with D+ so it just goes to show the popularity of the white profile with high level pros. Rory plays Tensei Pro White as well.

> @TollBros said:

> Koepka, Tiger and Casey have all won recently with D+ so it just goes to show the popularity of the white profile with high level pros. Rory plays Tensei Pro White as well.

Always wanted to understand the difference between D+ limited (black shaft) vs. D+ (silver shaft) vs. Tensei Pro White? Anything in it?

> @ObiwanForAll said:

> > @TollBros said:

> > Koepka, Tiger and Casey have all won recently with D+ so it just goes to show the popularity of the white profile with high level pros. Rory plays Tensei Pro White as well.

>

> Always wanted to understand the difference between D+ limited (black shaft) vs. D+ (silver shaft) vs. Tensei Pro White? Anything in it?

D+ limited is a pretty stout shaft throughout. Similar profile but stiffer.

> @jgard320 said:

> > @ObiwanForAll said:

> > > @TollBros said:

> > > Koepka, Tiger and Casey have all won recently with D+ so it just goes to show the popularity of the white profile with high level pros. Rory plays Tensei Pro White as well.

> >

> > Always wanted to understand the difference between D+ limited (black shaft) vs. D+ (silver shaft) vs. Tensei Pro White? Anything in it?

>

> D+ limited is a pretty stout shaft throughout. Similar profile but stiffer.

Agreed. Similar DNA in all the shafts; a more linear profile without any big stiffness dips. The D+ is the softest with a much softer butt section overall and now ramp up in stiffness in the tip. The D+ Limited is stiffer in the handle and then follows a steeper path down to a slightly softer tip. The Tensei Pro White is even stiffer in the butt, follows the same basic loss of stiffness as the others down, but then stiffens in the tip. So the Tensei is the most stout overall, however the materials will make it feel difference. I've never heard someone describe the Tensei as harsh or boardy, quite the opposite actually.

Bridgestone 

Tensei White feels like a bit of a noodle for me in the handle while d+ limited feels pretty stout. I don’t have any hard data to disagree with you about which one is stiffer in the handle, but I do know the materials are different and that could very well be it. I struggle with dispersion in the Tensei White more than the D+ limited, but I’m not too crazy about the feeling of a soft handle transitioning into a stiff mid.

> @jgard320 said:

> Tensei White feels like a bit of a noodle for me in the handle while d+ limited feels pretty stout. I don’t have any hard data to disagree with you about which one is stiffer in the handle, but I do know the materials are different and that could very well be it. I struggle with dispersion in the Tensei White more than the D+ limited, but I’m not too crazy about the feeling of a soft handle transitioning into a stiff mid.

It could also be that you're feeling the loss in stiffness inmeadiately after the handle as well. Because the carbon Kevlar creates extra firmness, the transition out of that area has a noticeable drop in stiffness which could be what you're feeling there.

Bridgestone