Fix for lateral to rotational

OTT ·  
OTTOTT Members  186WRX Points: 1Handicap: 5Posts: 186 Bunkers
I'd would love a little help with this one..

I've always struggled with a bit too much lateral motion in the downswing,I tend to bump and slide rather than bump and turn.

As you can imagine I miss big right when this happens and also strike is compromised..

Is there any tried and trusted drill that I can use to train this motion better.

I'm open to anything at this stage..

If I try and set the hips turning at the top it usually sends the club outside the line coming down on me...

Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted:

Comments

• shoot4parshoot4par Life's A Course 412ClubWRX  327WRX Points: 112Handicap: 7Posts: 327 ClubWRX

I don't know if theres a true drill for it but alignment stick thru belt loops could work. If you get someone to use the butt end of a club to give you the feel of rotating to start the downswing from the top this could be effective. Essentially that person would want to putt the grip on the ball and socket joint and push as straight back as possible. This would give you the feel of the hip moving straight back but would get you more rotational hopefully.... Tough question.

Posted:
    Jones did it with corn whiskey. Hogan with cigarettes & Tiger with will.
    If you were wondering the secrets in the dirt.

WITB
    Driver: Callaway XR Pro 9* (N/S) Oban Kiyoshi Black 65g 04 (Iomic White .60)
    Callaway Epic Subzero 9* (N/S) (TC) Kiyoshi White 65g 04 Kiyoshi White  (Iomic White .60)
    Fairway Wood: Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Limited 16.5* Kiyoshi White 75g 04 (Iomic White .60)
    Hybrid: CB Pro U 19* Kuro Kage 90s. (Iomic White .60)
    Irons: Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-PW KBS TOUR 120s Black standard loft / standard lie (Iomic White .60)
    Wedges: Vokey Wedgeworks 52*, 56*, 60* KBS Matte Black 120s (Iomic White .60)
    Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9

WITB
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SilkySilky Members  731WRX Points: 80Posts: 731 Golden Tee

The right concept is the Hogan's pane of glass. You want to constrain your shoulder to below this pane of glass in backswing and downswing. Try to trace the target line with your lead shoulder in the backswing and with your trail shoulder in your downswing. You will find that the hips would move naturally to allow room for the shoulders and create lead side bend in the backswing and right side bend in the downswing. Jim Waldron's Tiltswitch occurs naturally.

Posted:
  • alfridayalfriday Members  526WRX Points: 120Posts: 526 Golden Tee

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.