Ping I210 Long Term Reviews - Anyone?

twgolf78

> @rainkingjr said:

> I currently have iBlades in the bag which I absolutely love. I keep getting the urge to give the i210's a go and worry that I'll regret it. I just don't know if the i210's will be that much more forgiving. I struggle sometimes with the iBlade 4 iron, but when I do, it's usually not exclusive to that particular iron. It's usually my swing as a whole.

Ill be honest the I210 4 iron is a joke to hit. Easier than the AP2 for sure. The AP2 felt better but results are results.

2024 Bag TBD

Just ordered a set of these. Kind of wanted to go iBlade but my i200 with KBS were so good for me. Had to give them a go. I felt like I was scaring the flag every mid to short iron with my Pings and I'm still trying to adjust to my AP2 and now CB combo journey. Can't wait to get them to range and see if I can't find the old magic.

• 3 weeks later...

> @PatsNation said:

> > @kcd38 said:

> > finally pulled the trigger on a set of i210's and have been loving them so far. the DG 120 S300 is a much better shaft for me (coming from Ctaper 130x). Great feel and height. I look forward to playing these more and more

>

> Thats a serious shaft change

It definitely is. I was looking to go to x100's but my contact was more consistent with the 120 S300's for some reason. Definitely like the new shafts better, much better flight.

Still playing mine, but I feel like the soles dont cut through turf as good as my CF16 Apex Pros or old 716 AP2... I feel like the i210 get hung up on me. They are incredibly soft though.. and look great at address.

Taylormade M5 w/ Tenesi Orange 60x 
Taylormade M5 3w/5w w/ Tenesi Orange 70x   
Callaway Apex Pro Combo PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 50, 54, 60
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro-V1x

Just started gaming the i210 s , 4 - PW (+1”) with the new DG S120s, loving them and having some awesome ball striking rounds......went with the 120s to reduce weight, coming from blades and DG S300s, Wilson’s FG62s.......

[i][b]In the Bag:[/b][/i]
Driver - Ping 430 Max 10.5 Degree - Tensei 1K 70g  45"

Fairway Woods: Wilson Dynapower (2023) 5 and 7 woods
Irons: 6 - PW trade between Titleist T200 Steel Fiber i110s, and Wilson Staffs +1" - Shafts Project X LZ 5.5
Hybrids: Ping G425 26 degree Titleist TSi2 17 and 23 degree…..Shaft Project X 90 Hyb +1"
PW: Wilson Staff Custom 52 SW: Cleveland CBX Full Face 56 10 bounce
Putter: Jon Rham Limited Naked Rossie 
Ball: Wilson Staff, Pro V or Callaway Chrome Soft
Bag: Datrek 

Cart: Bagboy Quad

Have had the i210s for 8 months now, almost a record since joining WRX, second only to the i200s i played for almost 18 months. Love that they feel a tad softer but other than that have found little difference. Perhaps the best thing about the 210s is that I now have them being bent to retro spec and adding a 3 iron.

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9° 

Fairway Wood: Taylormade SIM TI 15°, Titleist 917F2 18°

Irons: Ping i210 4-UW

Wedges: Titleist SM8 S-Grind 54°, 58°

Putter: Nike BC-01 33"

Had them for about a month. Great irons. Soft, forgiving but workable, and consistent as all get out. No real distance gain from my last set, but the consistency and feel more than makes up for that.

Ping G410 9*
Tour Edge EXS 3w, 5w
Ping i210 4-U
Ping Glide Stealth 54, 60
Ping Anser 85029 Dalehead
Srixon Z-Star or Q-Star tour depending on conditions

Came back to the i210 after a few months with the Wilson v6. I am able to produce my desired shot shape and trajectory with greater consistency. I am punished less on my misses too.

Trying to decide if I want to go from the dg s300 120s to the standard PX 6.0. Anyone have these with PX 6.0?

Titleist TSR2+ 12.75*
Ping G425 19.5*

Titleist TS2 4h 22*
Ping i210 5-PW
Vokey SM8 52*/58*
Ping Prime Tyne
Titleist Pro V1

> @gambit said:

> Anyone use a G410 crossover in 3 or 4i with these?

Had my first round with the G410 crossover 3i yesterday. New favorite club off the tee next to the G410 3w. The club smashes the ball off the face like a bullet. I tried the 2i & 3i at the store and decided to get the 3i to fill my gaps better, and it was easier to hit of the mats. But yesterdays test on the course made me build confidence off the tee...sooo easy and forgiving. Now I'm tempted to pick up the 2i and see what i can do off the tee box with that thing. Such a fun club to swing and watch the ball flight.

> @Indygolfer85 said:

> Came back to the i210 after a few months with the Wilson v6. I am able to produce my desired shot shape and trajectory with greater consistency. I am punished less on my misses too.

>

> Trying to decide if I want to go from the dg s300 120s to the standard PX 6.0. Anyone have these with PX 6.0?

PX 6.0 is a lot stiffer. 5.5 standard is more comparable. If you want a fair bit less spin and a flatter flight it could be an option but VERY different shafts.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @Indygolfer85 said:

> > Came back to the i210 after a few months with the Wilson v6. I am able to produce my desired shot shape and trajectory with greater consistency. I am punished less on my misses too.

> >

> > Trying to decide if I want to go from the dg s300 120s to the standard PX 6.0. Anyone have these with PX 6.0?

>

> PX 6.0 is a lot stiffer. 5.5 standard is more comparable. If you want a fair bit less spin and a flatter flight it could be an option but VERY different shafts.

Thanks. Is that your experience in general or with the i210 specifically? I’ve played px6.0 in a few sets.

Titleist TSR2+ 12.75*
Ping G425 19.5*

Titleist TS2 4h 22*
Ping i210 5-PW
Vokey SM8 52*/58*
Ping Prime Tyne
Titleist Pro V1

> @RuffingIt said:

> > @gambit said:

> > Anyone use a G410 crossover in 3 or 4i with these?

>

> Had my first round with the G410 crossover 3i yesterday. New favorite club off the tee next to the G410 3w. The club smashes the ball off the face like a bullet. I tried the 2i & 3i at the store and decided to get the 3i to fill my gaps better, and it was easier to hit of the mats. But yesterdays test on the course made me build confidence off the tee...sooo easy and forgiving. Now I'm tempted to pick up the 2i and see what i can do off the tee box with that thing. Such a fun club to swing and watch the ball flight.

How was it off the deck or do you not tee up your iron shots? I can't tee up an iron so I'm always off the deck with everything except driver. If it's not very good off the deck or out of rough I may go 4i in i210.

Also, anyone go the retro spec route? I'm coming from AP2 and Miura CB57 so I just want my numbers to be consistent, but the increase in bounce makes me a bit nervous. With the retro spec I believe bounce would be 4-5* more per club with the i210.

> @gambit said:

> > @RuffingIt said:

> > > @gambit said:

> > > Anyone use a G410 crossover in 3 or 4i with these?

> >

> > Had my first round with the G410 crossover 3i yesterday. New favorite club off the tee next to the G410 3w. The club smashes the ball off the face like a bullet. I tried the 2i & 3i at the store and decided to get the 3i to fill my gaps better, and it was easier to hit of the mats. But yesterdays test on the course made me build confidence off the tee...sooo easy and forgiving. Now I'm tempted to pick up the 2i and see what i can do off the tee box with that thing. Such a fun club to swing and watch the ball flight.

>

> How was it off the deck or do you not tee up your iron shots? I can't tee up an iron so I'm always off the deck with everything except driver. If it's not very good off the deck or out of rough I may go 4i in i210.

>

It's pretty easy off the deck, short of a true hybrid. I did try it out of some juicy rough, and it surprised me how well popped the ball out. *Note, this is my first ever DI, and the honeymoon phase is at it's peek, so...i'll see how it fairs in future rounds.

I have had mine about 2 months now, orange dot Dynamic Gold S300. I have been playing this setup with Ping since 2005. The i210 was a 1/4” longer than my previous pings, that took a little adjustment but overall I am happy. I am not one to work the ball a lot but with these I can do that when needed. What I find best about these is it’s easy to flight them, up and down and the feel is great.

Ping G425 LST 10.5*
Ping G425 LST 14.5
Taylormade Sim max hybrid 19*

Srixon ZX5 4 iron & 5 iron
Srixon ZX7 6-AW
Vokey SM8 54.10S and 60.04L
Evnroll ER5 black

> @gambit said:

> Anyone use a G410 crossover in 3 or 4i with these?

I have the 4 crossover. It gaps pretty well with the power spec 5 iron. It has about 10-12 yards gap for me. I’m considering bending the loft to 22 to get closer to 15 yards gap. I love hitting it though. It sounds like a 3 wood and flies so high, but penetrating.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 Speeder 661 Evolution IV X
Cobra Big Tour 13.5 3 wood Ventus Blue 7 X
Cobra Speedzone 18.5 5 wood @ 17.5 Ventus Blue 8 X
Titleist TS3 21 degree hybrid @ 20 Atmos TS Blue HB 8 X
Ping i210 5-9 Power Spec Steelfiber i110 S hardstepped
Ping Glide 2 Stealth SS 45, 50, 55, 60 KBS 610 Wedge 120 S
Ping Sigma G Ketch B

Went to my fitting, and ordered the i210 4-U w/ AWT 2.0 stiff. Wasn't planning on going with a 4-iron, but I still hit my i3 O-Size 4-iron decent, and never have been as consistent with a hybrid. Unfortunately, or fortunately, they're out of the Glide 2.0 Stealth, so I'll be ordering the 3.0 wedges in a few weeks!

Driver: Ping G430 10.5* w/ Tour Chrome stiff 3-wood: Ping G425 w/ Mitsubishi Orange stiff 7-wood: Ping G425 w/ Alta reg Hybrid: Ping G425 22* w/ Alta reg Irons: Ping i210 5-U w/ AWT 2.0 stiff Wedges: Ping Glide 4.0 54* & Titleist Vokey SM6 58* jet black finish Putter: Guerin Tour Spec mallet 35.5”

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a set 4-PW, black dot, all standard with dg 120 s300 shafts. I’m coming from a set of high end jdm so-called neo blades, PRGR’s (Pro Gear). The prgr set replaced a set of MP-14’s, and before that it was WS blades. So, coming from all forged, blade or near blade clubs for the past 40 years.

These clubs are nearly as soft as my last forged set, and the distance is nearly the same, surprisingly. I expected more distance, and I did get some on poorly hot shots, off of the toe side mainly. I’ve played a 2* flat lie for the last 20 years but decided to keep these standard. As expected I’m finding myself left a bit, maybe as much as about 5 yards on a flushed 6 iron. The shafts feel heavier than my last set, which had Nippon M-43 Spec shafts, and stiffer, which is also an adjustment of course. I’m thinking I will adjust my swing rather than flattening my lie angles, as I have a tendency to swing a bit outside in and this is an opportunity to improve swing path. I’m not a fan of the progressive offset. Don’t like the offset on the 4 and 5 irons, too much. I don’t feel like I can easily fade these, which I like to do sometimes. I also need to see how well I can punch and flight these down, and generally work these clubs. So far they do not seem as workable as I am used to.

I do like these clubs a lot and will stick with them to see if I can get excellent results and feel. If not I’ll try adjusting. It is apparent they are high quality irons, imho. Right now it’s still early, though. Will report back.

Not i210, but I've been using i200 for about 2 years now and couldn't be happier with the feel, performance, and durability. Only change I'd like is for the longer irons to have less offset.

Titleist TSi3 8° - HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60TX

Titleist TS3 15° - HZRDUS Black (Hand Crafted) 70TX

Titleist 818 H2 19° - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Ping i200 - SteelFiber i125x

Edison - SteelFiber i125s

LAB DF 2.1 Armlock - LAGP

Snell MTB-X