Tiger Woods - WITB 2019 US Open

GolfWRX

My goodness those tee marks........... wonder what that feels like to pure every single shot you take?

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10° - Diamana R Series 60

Cobra Rad 14.5° - Diamana BlueForce 70

Cobra F9 18.5° - Diamana BlueForce 80
Taylormade P790 (4-9) - Nippon Modus 105
Vokey 46F 50F 54S 58T - Nippon Modus 115
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2 

My goodness another pro with the weights not in the fade setting !

I still see a 2i in my mind's eye when I look at TW's bag. Amazed he doesn't have a hybrid worked into the mix yet

• Like 2

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @TROPICALWIFI said:

> > @brooky333 said:

> > I wonder if he will send that Scotty back to the shop for a clean up!

> > that thing has seen some action

> > brooky333

>

> No chance. Doing that would make it lighter, which is why you will never see Tiger or Spieth do a putter "restoration".

Depends on what you consider a "restoration". It has been commented on more than a few times that it does get 'worked' on every now and again. So no, it's not 'untouched'.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/18544732/golf-tiger-woods-scotty-cameron-world-most-famous-putter

https://golfweek.com/2019/05/08/tiger-woods-magic-putter-scotty-cameron/

• Like 1

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

I have zoomed in as much as possible. There are scratches, but nothing resembling milled marks on the sole. If he hit so many balls the milled marks are gone, so would be the finish. Notice perfectly noticeable on wedges. My gosh I am extremely shocked and surprised the limited (haha) edition TW irons aren’t exactly like Tigers after all..Maybe when asking for Tiger specs, one should ask for the smooth version of the milled grind sole..

> @pcs11 said:

> My goodness those tee marks........... wonder what that feels like to pure every single shot you take?

My first thought as well! Impressive. Most other pros including myself have tee marks that peel off to the toe.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

> @kekoa said:

> Is it the reflection or are there no milled marks on the sole of his irons??

Lol. At least TM got him a 3 iron.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Pinging77 said:

> I have zoomed in as much as possible. There are scratches, but nothing resembling milled marks on the sole. If he hit so many balls the milled marks are gone, so would be the finish. Notice perfectly noticeable on wedges. My gosh I am extremely shocked and surprised the limited (haha) edition TW irons aren’t exactly like Tigers after all..Maybe when asking for Tiger specs, one should ask for the smooth version of the milled grind sole..

Second pic of the 8 iron looks to show the mill marks near the leading and trailing edge. Faint, but there. Not quite sure the pitchforks need to be raised on this one.

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)

Spider Tour X3

Love the putter pics. Can’t believe how high on the face that wear mark is. He really keeps it down through the hit. So much for the idea that you should hit slightly up on it.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Golfrnut said:

> > @Pinging77 said:

> > I have zoomed in as much as possible. There are scratches, but nothing resembling milled marks on the sole. If he hit so many balls the milled marks are gone, so would be the finish. Notice perfectly noticeable on wedges. My gosh I am extremely shocked and surprised the limited (haha) edition TW irons aren’t exactly like Tigers after all..Maybe when asking for Tiger specs, one should ask for the smooth version of the milled grind sole..

>

> Second pic of the 8 iron looks to show the mill marks near the leading and trailing edge. Faint, but there. Not quite sure the pitchforks need to be raised on this one.

>

He’s just saying the obvious. No need for pitchforks for sure. Everybody has known those irons were only close facsimiles of tigers since they came out.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Man, those tee marks on the driver and the wear spot on that putter....inhuman.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

> @cardoustie said:

> My goodness another pro with the weights not in the fade setting !

> I still see a 2i in my mind's eye when I look at TW's bag. Amazed he doesn't have a hybrid worked into the mix yet

Its interesting....he was really striping that UDI last year and it seemed like a sure thing in his bag. Then it went away and came back in the form of the GAPR for the open, which he rarely hit, then back to the UDI with a revolving door of shaft changes until it left the bag completely. He seemed to really have a problem with a two way miss before it left the bag, either tugging it hard left or wiping it to the right. I think hell will freeze over if Tiger puts a hybrid in the bag though, hah!

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Bridgestone 

> @GolfBum82 said:

> Actually it looks like they are worn down, but if that is the case wouldn’t the finish be worn?

Worn down by hand before plating I’m sure.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Valtiel said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > My goodness another pro with the weights not in the fade setting !

> > I still see a 2i in my mind's eye when I look at TW's bag. Amazed he doesn't have a hybrid worked into the mix yet

>

> Its interesting....he was really striping that UDI last year and it seemed like a sure thing in his bag. Then it went away and came back in the form of the GAPR for the open, which he rarely hit, then back to the UDI with a revolving door of shaft changes until it left the bag completely. He seemed to really have a problem with a two way miss before it left the bag, either tugging it hard left or wiping it to the right. I think **** will freeze over if Tiger puts a hybrid in the bag though, hah!

Keep waiting to see the 2 iron too. He's always given the reasoning that when there is high rough that he usually chosses the fairway wood over the iron. With his schedule being so limited and the tournaments he's been playing favoring the knarley stuff, maybe we are seeing the last of it. Or...maybe it will show back up when it gets back into playoff time in the late summer/fall and the conditions are a little condusive for it.

I find it hard to think he would get any grief over it, but he seemed pretty fond of that UDI, I wonder if he ever gets any pressure to keep the newer models in the bag and just isn't as much of a fan.

Spider Tour X3

> @Golfrnut said:

> > @Valtiel said:

> > > @cardoustie said:

> > > My goodness another pro with the weights not in the fade setting !

> > > I still see a 2i in my mind's eye when I look at TW's bag. Amazed he doesn't have a hybrid worked into the mix yet

> >

> > Its interesting....he was really striping that UDI last year and it seemed like a sure thing in his bag. Then it went away and came back in the form of the GAPR for the open, which he rarely hit, then back to the UDI with a revolving door of shaft changes until it left the bag completely. He seemed to really have a problem with a two way miss before it left the bag, either tugging it hard left or wiping it to the right. I think **** will freeze over if Tiger puts a hybrid in the bag though, hah!

>

> Keep waiting to see the 2 iron too. He's always given the reasoning that when there is high rough that he usually chosses the fairway wood over the iron. With his schedule being so limited and the tournaments he's been playing favoring the knarley stuff, maybe we are seeing the last of it. Or...maybe it will show back up when it gets back into playoff time in the late summer/fall and the conditions are a little condusive for it.

>

> I find it hard to think he would get any grief over it, but he seemed pretty fond of that UDI, I wonder if he ever gets any pressure to keep the newer models in the bag and just isn't as much of a fan.

What i'm curious about was all the shaft switching. He had been playing the Project X PXi in his 2-iron even during the Nike period and it made the switch over to the UDI. It was the only reason I even looked at the shaft as a driving iron option and it turned out to be perfect. Then all of the sudden hes got 1-off Tensei hybrid Oranges and Whites and then back to steel but Dynamic Gold instead and then I saw something about a standard Project X Rifle? Seemed like he was really trying to find something and I wonder what made him ever go away from what was working in the first place. Maybe it was True Temper discontinuing the PXi? We'll never know I guess, but its stuff like that that I find interesting.

Bridgestone 

> @Valtiel said:

> > @Golfrnut said:

> > > @Valtiel said:

> > > > @cardoustie said:

> > > > My goodness another pro with the weights not in the fade setting !

> > > > I still see a 2i in my mind's eye when I look at TW's bag. Amazed he doesn't have a hybrid worked into the mix yet

> > >

> > > Its interesting....he was really striping that UDI last year and it seemed like a sure thing in his bag. Then it went away and came back in the form of the GAPR for the open, which he rarely hit, then back to the UDI with a revolving door of shaft changes until it left the bag completely. He seemed to really have a problem with a two way miss before it left the bag, either tugging it hard left or wiping it to the right. I think **** will freeze over if Tiger puts a hybrid in the bag though, hah!

> >

> > Keep waiting to see the 2 iron too. He's always given the reasoning that when there is high rough that he usually chosses the fairway wood over the iron. With his schedule being so limited and the tournaments he's been playing favoring the knarley stuff, maybe we are seeing the last of it. Or...maybe it will show back up when it gets back into playoff time in the late summer/fall and the conditions are a little condusive for it.

> >

> > I find it hard to think he would get any grief over it, but he seemed pretty fond of that UDI, I wonder if he ever gets any pressure to keep the newer models in the bag and just isn't as much of a fan.

>

> What i'm curious about was all the shaft switching. He had been playing the Project X PXi in his 2-iron even during the Nike period and it made the switch over to the UDI. It was the only reason I even looked at the shaft as a driving iron option and it turned out to be perfect. Then all of the sudden hes got 1-off Tensei hybrid Oranges and Whites and then back to steel but Dynamic Gold instead and then I saw something about a standard Project X Rifle? Seemed like he was really trying to find something and I wonder what made him ever go away from what was working in the first place. Maybe it was True Temper discontinuing the PXi? We'll never know I guess, but its stuff like that that I find interesting.

He's always been a fan of wanting to hit the ball high when he feels like he needs to, so perhaps he's lost that ability to reliably do it for whatever reason...hense the searching. Maybe that's another reason we haven't seen it in the bag this year?

Spider Tour X3

Looking back at when these irons first came into his bag. there were no mill marks then either.

I

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @Golfrnut said:

> > @Valtiel said:

> > > @Golfrnut said:

> > > > @Valtiel said:

> > > > > @cardoustie said:

> > > > > My goodness another pro with the weights not in the fade setting !

> > > > > I still see a 2i in my mind's eye when I look at TW's bag. Amazed he doesn't have a hybrid worked into the mix yet

> > > >

> > > > Its interesting....he was really striping that UDI last year and it seemed like a sure thing in his bag. Then it went away and came back in the form of the GAPR for the open, which he rarely hit, then back to the UDI with a revolving door of shaft changes until it left the bag completely. He seemed to really have a problem with a two way miss before it left the bag, either tugging it hard left or wiping it to the right. I think **** will freeze over if Tiger puts a hybrid in the bag though, hah!

> > >

> > > Keep waiting to see the 2 iron too. He's always given the reasoning that when there is high rough that he usually chosses the fairway wood over the iron. With his schedule being so limited and the tournaments he's been playing favoring the knarley stuff, maybe we are seeing the last of it. Or...maybe it will show back up when it gets back into playoff time in the late summer/fall and the conditions are a little condusive for it.

> > >

> > > I find it hard to think he would get any grief over it, but he seemed pretty fond of that UDI, I wonder if he ever gets any pressure to keep the newer models in the bag and just isn't as much of a fan.

> >

> > What i'm curious about was all the shaft switching. He had been playing the Project X PXi in his 2-iron even during the Nike period and it made the switch over to the UDI. It was the only reason I even looked at the shaft as a driving iron option and it turned out to be perfect. Then all of the sudden hes got 1-off Tensei hybrid Oranges and Whites and then back to steel but Dynamic Gold instead and then I saw something about a standard Project X Rifle? Seemed like he was really trying to find something and I wonder what made him ever go away from what was working in the first place. Maybe it was True Temper discontinuing the PXi? We'll never know I guess, but its stuff like that that I find interesting.

>

> He's always been a fan of wanting to hit the ball high when he feels like he needs to, so perhaps he's lost that ability to reliably do it for whatever reason...hense the searching. Maybe that's another reason we haven't seen it in the bag this year?

Yeah that makes sense, I know hes talked about that in clinics re: attacking par 5s so it could just easily be a concerted effort to keep that attack option in the bag. One thing that has definitely changed in conjunction with the 2-iron leaving the bag is dialing back with the driver too. He was hitting 180mph ball speeds last year and he is down in the high 160's to low 170's now, so the 5w probably makes more sense from a distance standpoint now too.

Bridgestone