Honma Tour Release (TR)/Tour World (TW) Clubs

flushem

> @third-times-a-charm said:

> Had a Honma demo day at the club range two weeks ago and I was surprised. The new 460 driver was very nice, and the 747vx forged irons were also great. Nice feel, sound, and performance.

>

> Although, not enough performance to kick my CF16 out of the bag yet.

c'mon. look at VX. they are such beauty to look at. IMO, my V irons are even better.

> @flushem said:

> > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > Had a Honma demo day at the club range two weeks ago and I was surprised. The new 460 driver was very nice, and the 747vx forged irons were also great. Nice feel, sound, and performance.

> >

> > Although, not enough performance to kick my CF16 out of the bag yet.

>

> c'mon. look at VX. they are such beauty to look at. IMO, my V irons are even better.

Like I said, I like them a lot. If I could find a 4-PW set like new for 4-500$ I would buy them. Not going to pay $900 though.

Unfortunately Honma distribution is just very bad right now. Only one store near me (edwin watts) carries them and I never see used clubs for sale for a price I am willing to pay.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

> @third-times-a-charm said:

> > @flushem said:

> > > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > Had a Honma demo day at the club range two weeks ago and I was surprised. The new 460 driver was very nice, and the 747vx forged irons were also great. Nice feel, sound, and performance.

> > >

> > > Although, not enough performance to kick my CF16 out of the bag yet.

> >

> > c'mon. look at VX. they are such beauty to look at. IMO, my V irons are even better.

>

> Like I said, I like them a lot. If I could find a 4-PW set like new for 4-500$ I would buy them. Not going to pay $900 though.

>

> Unfortunately Honma distribution is just very bad right now. Only one store near me (edwin watts) carries them and I never see used clubs for sale for a price I am willing to pay.

>

>

check out golfio . you may find plenty. It is my local online retailer.

Just received a set of 747P irons (5 through 11, +1/4 inch, 2 degree upright, NS Pro 105 stiff shaft) to replace my old Ping i3’s. Went to a vendor demo day where all the major brands were present and you could demo the clubs on the grass range and get free fitting. My short list at the end of the day was Ping G410’s, Titleist AP3, Mizuno Hot Metal Pro’s and this 747P club from a company I wasn’t familiar with but decided to stop by and see what they were about. So glad I did! Got to hit the 747V and the Rose Proto which were nice but for some reason I don’t get along with the feel of pure forged clubs no matter the brand - weird right? :-) I find the P model has a soft feel to them. What made me consider this might be the club for me was at the end of the demo day when I was really tired after hitting many balls in multiple fittings, went back to to hit the 747P one more time before leaving and found it was still easy to hit with a tight dispersion.

Spent a couple more weeks going to the local shops that have these to continue to compare. Each time I found myself liking the look and feel of the Honma even more. The shop guys wished more people would try them stating how well they are made with quality materials. Read and watched the few reviews online and the only concern I had was with the low spin numbers some experienced and how well they’d hold the green. Only played one round so far and can say that at least with how I hit these, spin and holding greens is no concern any longer. They do just fine by the 7 to 11 clubs. Haven’t had an opportunity for approach shots with 5 and 6 irons yet. So far so good! I could have easily gamed any of my short listed clubs but am happy to give it a go with the Honma’s. Just need to prepare for more on course conversations about who Honma is with the players the course pairs me with. ;-)

Had to take a photo of my on course first shot result on a par 3 to remember the start of this journey. vf3yqpjoujkz.jpeg

• Like 3

> @TheArtisf said:

> Just received a set of 747P irons (5 through 11, +1/4 inch, 2 degree upright, NS Pro 105 stiff shaft) to replace my old Ping i3’s. Went to a vendor demo day where all the major brands were present and you could demo the clubs on the grass range and get free fitting. My short list at the end of the day was Ping G410’s, Titleist AP3, Mizuno Hot Metal Pro’s and this 747P club from a company I wasn’t familiar with but decided to stop by and see what they were about. So glad I did! Got to hit the 747V and the Rose Proto which were nice but for some reason I don’t get along with the feel of pure forged clubs no matter the brand - weird right? :-) I find the P model has a soft feel to them. What made me consider this might be the club for me was at the end of the demo day when I was really tired after hitting many balls in multiple fittings, went back to to hit the 747P one more time before leaving and found it was still easy to hit with a tight dispersion.

>

> Spent a couple more weeks going to the local shops that have these to continue to compare. Each time I found myself liking the look and feel of the Honma even more. The shop guys wished more people would try them stating how well they are made with quality materials. Read and watched the few reviews online and the only concern I had was with the low spin numbers some experienced and how well they’d hold the green. Only played one round so far and can say that at least with how I hit these, spin and holding greens is no concern any longer. They do just fine by the 7 to 11 clubs. Haven’t had an opportunity for approach shots with 5 and 6 irons yet. So far so good! I could have easily gamed any of my short listed clubs but am happy to give it a go with the Honma’s. Just need to prepare for more on course conversations about who Honma is with the players the course pairs me with. ;-)

>

> Had to take a photo of my on course first shot result on a par 3 to remember the start of this journey. vf3yqpjoujkz.jpeg

>

I appreciate your feedback. I hope your finer journey with 747P ahead

So going on two months with Honma in the bag and still loving everything. The only thing that didn't work was the wedges but did get some TM Milled Grind which are working great. I did pick up this to try this weekend will report back but here are some pics. It looks awesome, really compact blade length.

yk75cie8cgdb.jpeg

bq4pfmzo12zc.jpeg

9a0wd36azngg.jpeg

licts7nrwxzc.jpeg

rc8ee7pohhqg.jpeg

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

I just picked up a tw747 460 driver and by looks alone I really like it. The adapter system is really unique as well. Going to hit the stock shaft and also put an adapter on a x17 diamana which I think will be really good. If so maybe I'll try a tp7hd too.

• Like 1

All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......

> @NDGolfer13 said:

> I just picked up a tw747 460 driver and by looks alone I really like it. The adapter system is really unique as well. Going to hit the stock shaft and also put an adapter on a x17 diamana which I think will be really good. If so maybe I'll try a tp7hd too.

Did you get 60g or 70g stock shaft?

> @flushem said:

> > @NDGolfer13 said:

> > I just picked up a tw747 460 driver and by looks alone I really like it. The adapter system is really unique as well. Going to hit the stock shaft and also put an adapter on a x17 diamana which I think will be really good. If so maybe I'll try a tp7hd too.

>

> Did you get 60g or 70g stock shaft?

Got the 60. I don’t think I’m gonna keep it as that’s what I do. Lol

It is the most muted driver I’ve hit in a long time.

All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......

New TW-X looks hot. Perhaps Honma's answer to TM P790?

Assertion from Honma website:

Tour-validated long irons now available in a full set

CARLSBAD, CALIFORNIA – The new T//World-X irons have officially launched in the United States, Honma announced Wednesday. TW-X irons were extended into a full set offering after the long iron received rave reviews from top PGA TOUR players.

The new TW-X irons were born from a Honma prototype utility iron called the TW-U that was available in 2, 3, 4 and 5 irons. The iron was seeded on the PGA TOUR starting last year and was put in play by multiple tour professionals almost immediately. After receiving performance validation from the best players in the world, Honma worked to create a full set of TW-X irons with the same premise – high launch, long carry and shot-stopping control.

TW-X irons are best categorized as a ‘Players Distance’ iron with strong game improvement features. Additional features and benefits include:

* Beautiful, muscle back irons that deliver great feel and game-improving performance

* Forged, modern, hollow construction iron with a S25C body and MS300 high strength steel face

* High launch, high MOI, long carry and pin-stopping control

* Distance and performance for better players and discerning game improvement golfers who want to play a beautiful blade iron

* Designed and created by master craftsmen in Sakata, Japan and performance-validated on the PGA TOUR

“The new T//World-X irons truly offer something for every level of golfer who appreciates a blade iron but wants playability. The full set can be played by low-single digit players all the way to mid and higher handicaps, and the long irons have already been put in play by the best in the world,” said Honma’s Vice President of Product Chris McGinley.

Honma TW-X irons are available in a 4-10 full set configuration and 5-11 full set configuration in both steel and graphite shafts. TW-X irons will also be available as individual utility long irons for golfers looking to replace their difficult-to-hit longer irons.

They are available now for pre-order on honmagolf.com and other retailer websites, and available at select shops around the United States on June 17.

I really got to spend some time today with the TW-U 4 iron Utility club. First few shots were really bad but once I figured it out wow!! High arching 190-200 club giving me the launch window I have been looking for. One thing I am really happy about is it feels and looks like a 4 iron at address just slightly thicker topline vs my TW-747V set. It does not feel hollow or clicky like other utilities Ive tried, still butter soft and visually its not thick and chunky nor does it have much offset. Compact blade length too! Its a perfect add to my set and its making me think about those new TW-X basically a full set of these.

u2n5m7am4msu.jpeg

cc6pwc36lot0.jpeg

r9216xyljr6k.jpeg

• Like 1

I had a TW-U Forged, and I agree largely with your assessment on feel. It's not the most forgiving driving iron to hit, but if your swing is on, it's certainly one of the best to play. I found the previous model easier to play overall, but the Forged version is a better club if you can play it.

I've also tried the new one, but I wasn't taken with it. Felt dead.

• Like 1

> @mtex22 said:

> I really got to spend some time today with the TW-U 4 iron Utility club. First few shots were really bad but once I figured it out wow!! High arching 190-200 club giving me the launch window I have been looking for. One thing I am really happy about is it feels and looks like a 4 iron at address just slightly thicker topline vs my TW-747V set. It does not feel hollow or clicky like other utilities Ive tried, still butter soft and visually its not thick and chunky nor does it have much offset. Compact blade length too! Its a perfect add to my set and its making me think about those new TW-X basically a full set of these.

>

> u2n5m7am4msu.jpeg

> cc6pwc36lot0.jpeg

> r9216xyljr6k.jpeg

>

>

your clubs are all Honma'd out like me. I have 737 driver, 3w and 4h. 747 4h and 747V irons (6-10).

• Like 1

> @flushem said:

> > @mtex22 said:

> > I really got to spend some time today with the TW-U 4 iron Utility club. First few shots were really bad but once I figured it out wow!! High arching 190-200 club giving me the launch window I have been looking for. One thing I am really happy about is it feels and looks like a 4 iron at address just slightly thicker topline vs my TW-747V set. It does not feel hollow or clicky like other utilities Ive tried, still butter soft and visually its not thick and chunky nor does it have much offset. Compact blade length too! Its a perfect add to my set and its making me think about those new TW-X basically a full set of these.

> >

> > u2n5m7am4msu.jpeg

> > cc6pwc36lot0.jpeg

> > r9216xyljr6k.jpeg

> >

> >

>

> your clubs are all Honma'd out like me. I have 737 driver, 3w and 4h. 747 4h and 747V irons (6-10).

yup everything but wedges and putter!

8fihif5k108b.jpeg

• 1 month later...

A buried stone from drainage work at my course put a ding in the face of my Ping G 3 metal/wood, so went to Golftown last weekend to test drive a G410 as replacement. G410 3w was nice club and hit similar to my damaged G, which I expected, and so tried the G410 driver. Hit it pretty similar to the G I already had. But on a whim decided to try the Honma since the Markham Ontario Golftown has a huge Honma display area. Left with TW747 10.5 driver w stiff vizzard shaft, and 747 3 and 5 fairways with regular. Thankfully there was a 50% more trade in special going on and I'd taken the set expecting to get a full G410 (or maybe Titleist) wood set, but the Honma was so damn sweet I couldn't pass them up even if a few hundred bucks more for the set. Sound is amazing. A muted "thonk". Even my golf buddy commented on how quiet the hit was, after years of Ping "thWINK"'s. 747 driver gave me tight dispersion, and the two miss-hit driver shots still had decent distance even if off line. And couldn't believe I was hitting a stiff shaft down the middle, where my entire G set was senior shaft. And a few better yards over the Ping because of exceptional rollout.

Looks-wise at address the driver reminded me a lot of my beloved 983K. And although the 747 head is gloss black, I found its reflections less apparent than those from the similar black gloss T1 and T2 drivers I tried.

Fairway wood hits are absolute rockets. So happy.

Got an order in now for the 7 wood too. And my Ping i200 irons are on a death watch if Honma irons perform like the woods do.

Honma TW747 10.5° S, 3 5 7 w R
Honma TW747 P 5-11 steel R
Miura K-grind 52°, 60°
Honma TW-W4 56/8
Scotty Phantom X 5.5

In the garage:
Titleist 983K 10.5, 980F 3w 5w, 915H 18°, 25°, Mizuno MP-4 3-PW

Miura KM 007, Ping Cadence TR, Ping PLD3

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5, SC Futura 5MB, SC Tiffany,

> @rgb66rgb said:

> A buried stone from drainage work at my course put a ding in the face of my Ping G 3 metal/wood, so went to Golftown last weekend to test drive a G410 as replacement. G410 3w was nice club and hit similar to my damaged G, which I expected, and so tried the G410 driver. Hit it pretty similar to the G I already had. But on a whim decided to try the Honma since the Markham Ontario Golftown has a huge Honma display area. Left with TW747 10.5 driver w stiff vizzard shaft, and 747 3 and 5 fairways with regular. Thankfully there was a 50% more trade in special going on and I'd taken the set expecting to get a full G410 (or maybe Titleist) wood set, but the Honma was so **** sweet I couldn't pass them up even if a few hundred bucks more for the set. Sound is amazing. A muted "thonk". Even my golf buddy commented on how quiet the hit was, after years of Ping "thWINK"'s. 747 driver gave me tight dispersion, and the two miss-hit driver shots still had decent distance even if off line. And couldn't believe I was hitting a stiff shaft down the middle, where my entire G set was senior shaft. And a few better yards over the Ping because of exceptional rollout.

>

> Looks-wise at address the driver reminded me a lot of my beloved 983K. And although the 747 head is gloss black, I found its reflections less apparent than those from the similar black gloss T1 and T2 drivers I tried.

>

> Fairway wood hits are absolute rockets. So happy.

>

> Got an order in now for the 7 wood too. And my Ping i200 irons are on a death watch if Honma irons perform like the woods do.

You won't be disappointed with irons. I am a convert from Mizuno irons.

I'm currently playing Callaway GBB Epic Driver, GBB Epic Sub Zero 3wood, Rogue 3 Hybrid, Epic 4 Hybrid, Cobra Forged Tec Black irons, and giving Honma a serious look to replace all of them. I'm satisfied enough with my sm7 and md3 wedges (at the moment of typing this, anyway).

Any thoughts on the Hybrids? Also, I see some 747 vx and 747v irons. What's the difference?

> @JDCON said:

> I'm currently playing Callaway GBB Epic Driver, GBB Epic Sub Zero 3wood, Rogue 3 Hybrid, Epic 4 Hybrid, Cobra Forged Tec Black irons, and giving Honma a serious look to replace all of them. I'm satisfied enough with my sm7 and md3 wedges (at the moment of typing this, anyway).

> Any thoughts on the Hybrids? Also, I see some 747 vx and 747v irons. What's the difference?

IMO, I like 737 hybrid better in terms of look, feel and flight. I have not seen 747vx in US but vx irons are bigger. try this YT video,

• 1 month later...

> @Kuk said:

> Has anyone seem or hit the new TW-X iron? I’m eager to try it out but can’t find it at local golf store

I just won an eBay auction for a set of the TW-X, 5-11 with Vizard shafts. It was a relatively low bid so I hope they aren’t “out of stock”. I’ll report back with pics and review if I actually get them.

Taylormade SIM MAX driver 10.5 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 3w 15 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 5w 18 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 4h 22 Ventus R
PXG 0211 5-LW
Taylormade Spider X Chalk
OUUL Gator cart bag

> @"Frisco Kid" said:

> > @**** said:

> > Has anyone seem or hit the new TW-X iron? I’m eager to try it out but can’t find it at local golf store

>

> I just won an eBay auction for a set of the TW-X, 5-11 with Vizard shafts. It was a relatively low bid so I hope they aren’t “out of stock”. I’ll report back with pics and review if I actually get them.

>

Well the TW X irons came in and they’re simply beautiful clubs. Feel is very firm, more solid than soft. Haven’t hit them in a launch monitor but was hitting the 7 about 160-170 with a very light tailwind, I usually am good for 150ish in benign conditions. They’re much smaller than what I thought they’d be which is fine by me. Look great in the bag...8na6qalgbr6p.jpeg

9940etft1ty8.jpeg

Here’s the 7 iron compared to my Maltby DBM:

fd2puck147sd.jpeg

tgcfh6aa85sk.jpeg

xrn1rca0mdd9.jpeg

acaruy7kyxdb.jpeg

• Like 1

PXG 0211 5-LW
OUUL Gator cart bag

> @flushem said:

> TW-X irons definitely look more GI than 747V's. Thicker sole and top. But they do look BEAUTIFUL. Please share how they play on course.

Definitely GI, which is better suited for me as a 12 handicap. I’m a sweeper/picker and was apprehensive about the wide soles but there’s a beveled leading edge that seems to help with turf interaction. I’ll post some thoughts after I get them on the course.

PXG 0211 5-LW
OUUL Gator cart bag

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I was recently fitted into the XP-1 hybrid. I cannot recommend it highly enough if you like a larger, wood shaped hybrid. Forgiving, high launching and straight.

Stealth OG 10.5 Ventus Red 6s

Epic flash 18deg Fujikura pro 6.0s

Maverick 21deg 7wd Fujikura pro 7.0S

5i-Aw Srixon ZX5  KBS TGI 100

52 Glide 4.0 SS KBS TGI 100

56 Glide 4.0 WS KBS TGI 100

60 Glide 4.0 TS KBS TGI 100

Lab DF3 70 deg 35.5" Accra Black