Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

Took my Nickel FX Rams with me to league nine holes last night, and 18 today. The 27 holes made me realize how much I missed hitting my blades. Shot results were more in line with what I expected. My distances were closer to what I expected. Good stuff all around.

I'd seen signs that maybe I could play a longer driver, with a lighter shaft than I normally use. Generally speaking, anything under mid 70s weight was no bueno for many years. Took my SLDR out with the shaft it came with, a Speeder 6.2 TS, playing a bit more than 45". And was reminded why I have avoided that weight class; my control was not so lovely, pulled a couple left, all the fun. Back to somewhat heavier shafts. :)

And something else interesting... I was paired with a husband-wife couple today. I knew the man, but had not met the wife. The couple had to leave after 15 holes due to some unwellness (15 green is close to 18 fairway, easy walk in), I played the last thee by myself. Decided to hit a couple shots on 16 and 17, and for the latter, I pulled a Maxfli HT 100 I had in the bag. Hit the HT, a Snell MTB Black, and a ZStar off the tee. The first two were both decent swings, flew on identical lines towards a greenside bunker. The HT shorthopped into the bunker, the Snell landed in the bunker. When I compared the landing spots, they were only about 5 yards apart. I found that fairly interesting, considering the HT is about 20 years old.

Random post-round thoughts...

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @gbartwrx said:

> I've got to say that I'm *really* impressed with the forgiveness of the blueprints on toe strikes - even better than the Cobra king mbs which were pretty darn good.

Interesting to hear!

I have a Ping demo day coming up this week, I am intrigued to test these

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x v’s Chrome Tour 

> @NRJyzr said:

..........., I pulled a Maxfli HT 100 I had in the bag. Hit the HT, a Snell MTB Black, and a ZStar off the tee. The first two were both decent swings, flew on identical lines towards a greenside bunker. The HT shorthopped into the bunker, the Snell landed in the bunker. When I compared the landing spots, they were only about 5 yards apart. I found that fairly interesting, considering the HT is about 20 years old.

>

> Random post-round thoughts...

That sounds about right. I played HT's on a regular basis for 2 seasons, went back & forth with Pro Vx1. Big take away was wind had noticeable, bigger influence but for most part they flew same distance. Where Pro V won was 100 feet in, much better to chip & putt with imo, but for 19 year old balls the HT worked real well.

> @Nard_S said:

> > @NRJyzr said:

> ..........., I pulled a Maxfli HT 100 I had in the bag. Hit the HT, a Snell MTB Black, and a ZStar off the tee. The first two were both decent swings, flew on identical lines towards a greenside bunker. The HT shorthopped into the bunker, the Snell landed in the bunker. When I compared the landing spots, they were only about 5 yards apart. I found that fairly interesting, considering the HT is about 20 years old.

> >

> > Random post-round thoughts...

>

> That sounds about right. I played HT's on a regular basis for 2 seasons, went back & forth with Pro Vx1. Big take away was wind had noticeable, bigger influence but for most part they flew same distance. Where Pro V won was 100 feet in, much better to chip & putt with imo, but for 19 year old balls the HT worked real well.

I've noticed that with the chipping with some of the modern balls. They check a bit quicker than the HT urethane covers I've still got. It's possible if I still had the balata cover HT's, I may feel differently.

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

HT 100 was never my fav but always a staple back in the day. I think the first maxfli revolutions were sick if I recall. The professional was on the scene back then I believe, and that is my all time favorite golf ball. Strata had a couple of models I forget that were very not rock flighty and decent.

That was a great time for golf balls, the very end of the wound......I wonder what current tech could do with wound?

I've always considered the Maxfli Revolution and its successors to not really be wound balls. The wound layer was considerably thinner in those balls, essentially similar to the mantle layer in other multilayer balls.

Was always a fan of those balls, loved the feel and performance. They also always tested well, but some folks couldn't get past the fact that there were windings in the ball, no matter how thin.

If Maxfli had more money in those days, the modern ball market might be slightly different. {shrug}

Big fan of the Revolution's and Professional's also. Also liked the Precept balls. The HT's were/are decent, you can get NIB on eBay. Agree on how they check compare to modern too. Feel they also get grabbed by grain and breaks of green more. A Pro V just rolls truer, you can bang it more directly. I simply putt the best with those even compared to other modern stuff. Off the tee Bridgstone wins it for me.

What I miss about wound ball is added wind variability that is entailed in using them. In any direction, down, up, draw or fade side, there's more calculus to the shots. More so than modern balls. I actually enjoy "wind golf". As a family we ritually go out to Cape Cod every year and I play a links course there where 25mph is just average. Complete fun is to launch a 7 iron 30 yards left of green edge, let the wind take it over to a center cut flag.

> @pQQa said:

> > @bodhi555 said:

> > Just to show you the utter frustration and madness I'm dealing with on the course at the moment - a few of you may be aware that I have always struggled with face to path issues, especially with anything longer than a 4 iron. Basically I take the club back inside, and then try to sort it out on the way down. If my timing is good I'll hit a rocket, if it isn't I will hit a sheep grazing 3 fields away. I've been working with my coach to fix it with mostly good results, but had a lesson last week, we did some backswing work, and now I am the proud owner of a pristine cow's **** and a banjo. I almost feel that I've gone the other way, and am taking the club back outside then cutting across on the way through, but anyway.

> >

> > Just to show you how much it is hurting, I went for 18 holes yesterday morning before work. Was playing solo, so effectively marked two cards. One with provisionals off the tee, the other with mulligans (only off the tee). With provisionals I shot 86, with mulligans, 78. Had 3 birdies (no mulligans involved with them), lipped out for 2 more, and ended up with 29 putts for the day.

> >

> > Oh, and it's Club Championship tomorrow, on a course with even less room off the tee than I played yesterday. I'm fully expecting to be out of the running by the 4th tee.

> >

> >

>

> Loved the imagery! Laughed so hard it brought me to tears :smile: Living in Southern California, I'd have to hit an epic shank to hit a grazing sheep... but I'll be thinking of this the next time I do!

Haha when you've spent 30 years spraying and praying you need a sense of humour, otherwise you'd cry/give up golf.

I have played a few times around Goleta, didn't get any sheep, just a couple of rattlesnakes and a very irate bather on the beach at the bottom of the Sandpiper :lol:

And for those interested, I was out of Club Champ long before the 4th tee. Had a gutsy up and down for par on the first, then snap hooked a 3 wood into the cabbage on the second on my way to a quad bogey. So the 3 wood has been relegated to the naughty step, and I'm going to try the 2 iron / 3 Hybrid combo today.

Judging by the scores that have come in this morning, I need a gross 68 to win. Best Ive shot round here is 70, so could be fun.

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

> @Nard_S said:

> Big fan of the Revolution's and Professional's also. Also liked the Precept balls. The HT's were/are decent, you can get NIB on eBay. Agree on how they check compare to modern too. Feel they also get grabbed by grain and breaks of green more. A Pro V just rolls truer, you can bang it more directly. I simply putt the best with those even compared to other modern stuff. Off the tee Bridgstone wins it for me.

>

> What I miss about wound ball is added wind variability that is entailed in using them. In any direction, down, up, draw or fade side, there's more calculus to the shots. More so than modern balls. I actually enjoy "wind golf". As a family we ritually go out to Cape Cod every year and I play a links course there where 25mph is just average. Complete fun is to launch a 7 iron 30 yards left of green edge, let the wind take it over to a center cut flag.

Although I agree, I'm sorry I can't bring myself like this comment because I hated the wind when I was a junior and playing wound balls! However, there certainly is some fun to be had playing those balls in the wind that the modern ball doesn't provide. I've played a couple of rounds recently in pretty windy weather, and both times overestimated the effect of the wind on the modern ball. I just can't get over my memories as a junior of watching my ball get carried away into the woods by a massive gust of wind.

The advance in golf ball technology probably amazes me the most, more even than the big-headed drivers and modern steel and graphite shaft improvements.

I certainly do not want to go back to Tour 100 wounds, really like how the HT, Revolution or Professional's strike the balance a bit better. Toughest setup I had was playing Tour 100's and Ping Eye's. Ram Tour';s and Precept's ala Nick Price was easier. Play Pro V X1 now because they come closest the aforementioned but they are better 100 feet in. I enjoy shaping shots and my head is more in the game when there's obvious wind and have to do more math. Taken me a real long time to understand that what's going on at tree top is a lot more severe then what you can feel on the tee box, I generally make good decisions now because of that. So I'll take the variability of high spin & wind in exchange for warping the ball around a bit more. If it's breezy it's all the more fun.

My bro and I used to sneak out in on this nice private course by our house before hurricanes, we called it “ACG” (all conditions golf. So hurricanes come slow and you start getting bands hours before you need to hunker down. And in that time in general the weather is very tropical. It is the best time to play, during a band one time hit a stinger 1 iron into it, it was low then elevatored at the end and bounced back toward us like 10 yards when it hit the fairway, I will never forget that shot, it was just so awesome. Wound balls for sure at that time.

Good news bad news on drivers. Clearing my hips helps but not lightning in a bottle off the tee, I am just so close, the face is on the baby fade path I want but it is closing a fraction too soon. When I try to make that not happen next shot is big push slice. I am just better off pull yanking it and coming through. The misses were for the most part not the 30 yards off line I am accustomed to popping up and had more consistency of sorts.

Good news, no shafts broke through rigorous hitting lol. The big positive, I freed myself up a lot with hip clearing. Biggest numbers I have ever had in sim, maybe the high tech shafts help, but 5 balls over 300 with a 311 being my top. Lots in the 280+ plus range. I think this is more than anything my problem. Maybe it was new toys and I got in this mode where back was good and I wanted to see what I could get out of them, but the best way I can described what happened last night is this. When I first got the sim I read people talking about swinging slower inside and you need to lose sight of that. Your body does it automatically, you are not in a big open store, it is a small area with bikes and chairs and things in your vicinity yet impossible to hit, but your brain puts a restraint that is subconscious for I would say a good month to finally break through where your Brian identifies that spot in the garage the same as an open fairway and you are swinging real.

I feel like in my persuit of big numbers and new toys and firing hips and just trying to get speed through the ball, I lost that restraint my Brian has had on driver subconsciously. Now I wasn’t murdering straight bombs, but I wasn’t shanking or missing a fairway over. My only big misses had a planned thought to control a direction. I think I need to just got on tees with the attitude I don’t care where it goes but it is going far, only focus on far, and be surprised that the dispersion is much better as a result of taking Brian off the direction detail. Does that make sense?

p33q401dv4km.jpeg

I only got 1 300 with the masda and it was on the button, but this is a fun fact as it has come up here and NR is a proponent. This was with a shaft inadvertently tipped 1.25”,

And I haven’t measured but I am guessing it is playing at like 43”, maybe 43.25”. I am only adding 1” as that seems to be right for a shorter lower launching type option.

I am not a 300yd driver anymore, they are few and far between these days (hopefully

That is over maybe?) so for me

To to get it on the dot with a chopped shaft that is 2+” shorter than what is sold with best tech blah blah blah really hammers home the “tech” and “performance specs” perspective...

It’s the swing stupid!!!!!! Always has been always will be...

• Like 1

It's funny, I think the marketing can seep into your brain, even when you know better. As mentioned a couple days ago, I had to demonstrate to myself *again* that 60ish gram shafts are bad for me, and that 45" driver length doesn't really give me anything. The tee shots on the 17th hole (in my post on previous page) that went into the bunker were no longer than what I've been hitting this year with my 43.5" or 43.25" drivers. And, not much longer than I've been hitting the 3w.

Which is merely more evidence that my swing, specifically the driver swing, is out of whack.

The iron swing is coming around. The shot I'd hit for the ace was 206 yards with a TP MC 3 iron, Friday I hit the FX 3 iron off the tee with a Maxfli HT and got 220 out of it. Same wind in both cases, clubs are same loft and same DGS. The TP MC is a quarter inch longer, negligible.

Maybe I'll be able to translate those results to driver?

Month or so ago, played with a guy I used to play a lot with. He commented how I was hitting the ball so much shorter, asking what happened to my distance, LOL. I guess back issues and meniscus tears are not conducive to distance on the golf course. ;)

> @Golfingfanatic said:

> What are we saying about the looks of the new titleist blades? I love the clean look personally.

Only seen the marketing pic, but they do look good. However, I'd like to see what they look like at address. [

The picture of the back that I saw reminded me a bit of the MP33s, and that's no bad thing.

> @Bigmean said:

> My bro and I used to sneak out in on this nice private course by our house before hurricanes, we called it “ACG” (all conditions golf. So hurricanes come slow and you start getting bands hours before you need to hunker down. And in that time in general the weather is very tropical. It is the best time to play, during a band one time hit a stinger 1 iron into it, it was low then elevatored at the end and bounced back toward us like 10 yards when it hit the fairway, I will never forget that shot, it was just so awesome. Wound balls for sure at that time.

When I was junior, I would play in just about any weather: sleet, snow, hail, just about anything. The only thing that would keep me off the course was lightening, because I was obsessed, but not dumb. I even played in fog so thick you couldn't see more than 20 yards ahead. I wasn't worried about getting beaned by someone else's ball because I knew no one else would be playing in that.

Anyhow, one day I went out with my brother in an absolute gale. The first few holes played downwind, so we were hitting short irons into the par five second. Then we came to the 5th. A long par five right into the prevailing wind. I teed up my low to try and hit a stinger, but instead chopped down into the ball and skied it. I remember watching the ball balloon up, then turn back, and watching it get blown back towards us. I actually had to jump out of the way as it ended up a 2 or 3 yards behind me.

We packed up and called it a day after that.

> @bodhi555 said:

> Just to show you the utter frustration and madness I'm dealing with on the course at the moment - a few of you may be aware that I have always struggled with face to path issues, especially with anything longer than a 4 iron. Basically I take the club back inside, and then try to sort it out on the way down. If my timing is good I'll hit a rocket, if it isn't I will hit a sheep grazing 3 fields away. I've been working with my coach to fix it with mostly good results, but had a lesson last week, we did some backswing work, and now I am the proud owner of a pristine cow's **** and a banjo. I almost feel that I've gone the other way, and am taking the club back outside then cutting across on the way through, but anyway.

>

> Just to show you how much it is hurting, I went for 18 holes yesterday morning before work. Was playing solo, so effectively marked two cards. One with provisionals off the tee, the other with mulligans (only off the tee). With provisionals I shot 86, with mulligans, 78. Had 3 birdies (no mulligans involved with them), lipped out for 2 more, and ended up with 29 putts for the day.

>

> Oh, and it's Club Championship tomorrow, on a course with even less room off the tee than I played yesterday. I'm fully expecting to be out of the running by the 4th tee.

>

>

I'd be curious if something like the zepp golf training aid would be an effective tool for figuring out swing path issues. I may be moving from my own apartment soon, and I've been trying to figure out cheap ways of getting my apartment simulator data that I've gotten used to. The thing I care most about is my swing path, as I always want to know if my ball flight is a swing path or face issue.

If you want to buy it/test it, would love to hear your results.

Admittedly, I'd understand if being a guinea pig isn't the most attractive proposition. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Zepp-Golf-3D-Swing-Analyzer/dp/B01CL9802W

Played 1st full 18 of season, it was 4 ball but 2 of the golfers touch a ball once a year at this tourney. We did well, considering. Bulk of drives used were mine, I drained 4 birds, 2 outside 20'. Hit a lot of greens (over 10), best shot was a knocked 9i to 128 center, hit the back center of the green, caught the back stop ball spun & kicked right & back 20' to within 6' of cup. Wish I could say i called it, but frankly do not know course enough or can stay I'm that smart. But it was awesome nonetheless. Only had one hole where wheels were off, the rest was more than fine. Maruman blades and S400's rocks my world, Mizuno MP metals are just as glorious, cannot wait to get out there again. Gratifying that range work is really paying off with competent looking play.

So hit the new driver at the range the other night. I can't hit a hook with it. Can't even draw it. This is very very unusual. Straight with a slight draw is my bread and butter. i'm thinking to take a half inch of the butt, as it feels long, add a little lead at the other end and that should weaken the shaft a hair and then it should be a champ. Really like the feel with it compared to the Titleist 915D3. Put it down to the shaft. i don't feel like I can over power it, like the Tour AD MJ6X. I did hit a lot of bombs with the previous shaft, but we had issues.

I took my Tourstage MR23 CBs out with X100s and I was really liking them too. Again, fades. Soft. Rather towering. Fades. Slight grip change seems to be working, I seem to have a higher, Montgomeryesque finish and I think it will fit me well playing over here in Japan, if I can just stick with it.

I had my wife and daughter fully onboard with a fathers day purchase of the new Wilson Staff tour blades. They felt amazing. Then the pics of the clean Titleist 620MB's came out. Oh man I can't make my mind up. no forged MB stamp makes them look CLEAN.

Taylormade M4 tour 8.5*   Attas 4U 6X

Srixon Z H45  16*

Callaway Apex MB raw 4-PW  

Cleveland 588    52,60

Odyssey WH PRO 7
-----------------------------------------

> @NixLix26 said:

> I had my wife and daughter fully onboard with a fathers day purchase of the new Wilson Staff tour blades. They felt amazing. Then the pics of the clean Titleist 620MB's came out. Oh man I can't make my mind up. no forged MB stamp makes them look CLEAN.

>

>

Tough one that but I think its almost a win/win situation!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x v’s Chrome Tour 

> @NixLix26 said:

> I had my wife and daughter fully onboard with a fathers day purchase of the new Wilson Staff tour blades. They felt amazing. Then the pics of the clean Titleist 620MB's came out. Oh man I can't make my mind up. no forged MB stamp makes them look CLEAN.

>

>

Original plan is the way to go. Wilson Staff is a win!

> @NixLix26 said:

>

>

I'd stick with the Wilsons, their overall profile looks like perfection... that straight muscle as well...

Titleist 910D3 9.5°
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

> @Nard_S said:

> Played 1st full 18 of season, it was 4 ball but 2 of the golfers touch a ball once a year at this tourney. We did well, considering. Bulk of drives used were mine, I drained 4 birds, 2 outside 20'. Hit a lot of greens (over 10), best shot was a knocked 9i to 128 center, hit the back center of the green, caught the back stop ball spun & kicked right & back 20' to within 6' of cup. Wish I could say i called it, but frankly do not know course enough or can stay I'm that smart. But it was awesome nonetheless. Only had one hole where wheels were off, the rest was more than fine. Maruman blades and S400's rocks my world, Mizuno MP metals are just as glorious, cannot wait to get out there again. Gratifying that range work is really paying off with competent looking play.

In my persimmon bag, I've just put in some old Mizunos that I got reshafted with DGS400s. They're heavy, but produce the goods. Stable, like the X100s, but easier to elevate in the longer irons (though some of that might be down to head design). So far, I like them.

> @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > @Nard_S said:

> > Played 1st full 18 of season, it was 4 ball but 2 of the golfers touch a ball once a year at this tourney. We did well, considering. Bulk of drives used were mine, I drained 4 birds, 2 outside 20'. Hit a lot of greens (over 10), best shot was a knocked 9i to 128 center, hit the back center of the green, caught the back stop ball spun & kicked right & back 20' to within 6' of cup. Wish I could say i called it, but frankly do not know course enough or can stay I'm that smart. But it was awesome nonetheless. Only had one hole where wheels were off, the rest was more than fine. Maruman blades and S400's rocks my world, Mizuno MP metals are just as glorious, cannot wait to get out there again. Gratifying that range work is really paying off with competent looking play.

>

> In my persimmon bag, I've just put in some old Mizunos that I got reshafted with DGS400s. They're heavy, but produce the goods. Stable, like the X100s, but easier to elevate in the longer irons (though some of that might be down to head design). So far, I like them.

I have slight issues on getting full pop with the long irons ( do not really practice 3i & 4i near enough) but other than that they are the best shafts I've gone with. The ball is on rails and can pick & hold a real tight line with some fade bias which my eye likes on approach shots. Knock downs and the in-between yardage shots are exceptional. They are pulling my swing in a great direction of taming over swing and getting more efficient torso rotation to impact because of the high kick profile. Rifle's I can over swing all day with them, these, do not tolerate it. I'll get high spin , high launch where bullet trajectory and spin abounding is their real calling. They have helped me to tame Driver swing and in part it's why I'm doing much better with big dog too. I expend 90% of range practice swinging with "connection " now. where I would once just bang it to the moon and groove that mess. DG profile has imposed that greater discipline.The S400 is right flavor of that for me at this point, but even S300 SL's are working better too.

8k7f2x8prbox.jpg

Took the plunge... They have been sitting on the shelf locally for a few months and I finally pulled the trigger. I'm going to try to clean them up, and they need new grips... but I'm going to give them a go

• Like 3

WITB

Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Ventus Blue 7-TX

Callaway Apex UW 17º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil 95

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277