Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro Series.

vanya

HM Pro’s are straight up money! So forgiving! Long too but still have plenty of spin. Shot 80 today with a iffy driver and cold putter. The irons/wedges saved my bacon all round long! Had I been better off the tee or green, I could have been celebrating a new career low round. I guess a sub-78 round will have to wait.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

> @JMH1220 said:

> Wow no one has commented on these in awhile.

I'm waiting for my CF16's to fall apart and some used sets of HM Pros to pop up. Then I'll grab a set.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

Stupid real world... I have time to play golf after my warehouse shut down... but I don’t have money to buy new clubs...

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

I'm still not loving mine. 9 iron to wedge balloon from time to time and they are a half club shorter than my C300 Forged. They will get 2 weeks and then they'll be backups.

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

Moved on from mine. I absolutely loved the iron and thought I was set. Feel, looks, distance, etc were all there. I just had issues with turf interaction. Just not sure what it was but I do have a steeper swing and like to take divots. I would have thought with the wider sole it would not have been an issue but these just did not work well for me. They got stuck and just would not get through the turf. Just my experience and they are a great iron but I went back to my i500s and have no issues in this area. Feel and sound are not nearly as good but they work much better through the turf.

• Like 1

I didn’t have time to read the 400+ comments but am really torn. Needed an extra set of clubs, got fitted for the 919 HM’s and performance, looks, forgiveness, are exceptional. However, they feel\sound REALLY harsh. I swear sometimes I get an extra 10+ yards. Don’t know if I’m just not hitting it flush and forgiveness is just that good or what. May have to use some impact tape or just deal with the different feel\sound of a hollow iron.

> @skyking said:

> I didn’t have time to read the 400+ comments but am really torn. Needed an extra set of clubs, got fitted for the 919 HM’s and performance, looks, forgiveness, are exceptional. However, they feel\sound REALLY harsh. I swear sometimes I get an extra 10+ yards. Don’t know if I’m just not hitting it flush and forgiveness is just that good or what. May have to use some impact tape or just deal with the different feel\sound of a hollow iron.

I didn't think they felt or sound different than regular irons, but I'm coming from 22 year old irons, so maybe I just don't care what irons sounds like!

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

> @skyking said:

> However, they feel\sound REALLY harsh. I swear sometimes I get an extra 10+ yards. Don’t know if I’m just not hitting it flush and forgiveness is just that good or what. May have to use some impact tape or just deal with the different feel\sound of a hollow iron.

Mine feel silky smooth and I love their sound. They honestly feel forged to me. Are yours broken maybe??

I decided to go back to blades from 7 to PW and keep HMP for the rest. I simply can't control the distance. The gap from PW to 9 was 20 yds and I would hit fliers at least 2 or 3 times every round. My mistake was ordering 1 degree strong which is completely unnecessary. I still think they're exceptional, there's no easier iron to hit, but only as a combo.

> @Crankenstein said:

> > @skyking said:

> > However, they feel\sound REALLY harsh. I swear sometimes I get an extra 10+ yards. Don’t know if I’m just not hitting it flush and forgiveness is just that good or what. May have to use some impact tape or just deal with the different feel\sound of a hollow iron.

>

> Mine feel silky smooth and I love their sound. They honestly feel forged to me. Are yours broken maybe??

I agree and I think you are feeling the mishit but not getting horrible performance because of the forgiveness. I definitely get that amazing Mizuno feeling from these when I strike them solid (even though they are cast, they still feel great to me when I hit them well... but for reference I'm coming from a history of old Ping cast clubs and Cobra shovels, not forged blades or something, so what feels great to me might be different).

It is not uncommon for me to yell out things like "ah crap" when I can feel right away that I've hit the club horribly only to look up and see a ball on/very close to the green. Now the flight path might end up being ugly to get there, but the forgiveness in these clubs can still often take over and get you a pretty good distance all the same.

I'm coming at the HMP from an improving golfer "moving up" from more GI/SGI type clubs (and just starting to try and work the ball on some of my iron shots) and to me these fit in a great place of providing me great feel (so I know when I'm striking them right), but still giving me decent results when I don't. Combine that with a great looking package and you've got a winner for me.

> @KParks said:

> > @Crankenstein said:

> > > @skyking said:

> > > However, they feel\sound REALLY harsh. I swear sometimes I get an extra 10+ yards. Don’t know if I’m just not hitting it flush and forgiveness is just that good or what. May have to use some impact tape or just deal with the different feel\sound of a hollow iron.

> >

> > Mine feel silky smooth and I love their sound. They honestly feel forged to me. Are yours broken maybe??

>

> I agree and I think you are feeling the mishit but not getting horrible performance because of the forgiveness. I definitely get that amazing Mizuno feeling from these when I strike them solid (even though they are cast, they still feel great to me when I hit them well... but for reference I'm coming from a history of old Ping cast clubs and Cobra shovels, not forged blades or something, so what feels great to me might be different).

>

> It is not uncommon for me to yell out things like "ah crap" when I can feel right away that I've hit the club horribly only to look up and see a ball on/very close to the green. Now the flight path might end up being ugly to get there, but the forgiveness in these clubs can still often take over and get you a pretty good distance all the same.

>

> I'm coming at the HMP from an improving golfer "moving up" from more GI/SGI type clubs (and just starting to try and work the ball on some of my iron shots) and to me these fit in a great place of providing me great feel (so I know when I'm striking them right), but still giving me decent results when I don't. Combine that with a great looking package and you've got a winner for me.

I'll agree with this. I had one of those days a week back where my swing timing was just off all day and the clubs were letting me get away with it, for the most part. One shot stands out in memory, I had 160y to a back pin and I thinned the 6i but it stayed on line, rolling 5y/15 ft on to the green.

What I will say is that even though the shot results were forgiving, mishits were pretty painful for me. Much more harsh than say, the Callaway GI irons that I've usually played over the years.

Bag 1                                                                 Bag 2
Ping G400 LST 10                                             Epon Technicity 9
Ping G400 3W 14.5                                          TM R9 3W 14
Ping G400 3H 19                                              Miura 3H 19
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-P               Epon 503 4-P Nippon Super Peening Orange
Mizuno s18 50, 54, 58                                     Miura 51, 56 k-grind
Bettinardi BB1                                                  Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Just got fit into these at Club Champion. They felt solid, not super soft, but soft enough. Ball speed was up 3mph over my gamers and dispersion (for me) tightened way up - in both carry distance and L/R miss. I'll be pairing them with C Tapers. Seem to be pretty workable for trajectory and spin numbers were still decent (about 5000rpm). Overall I'm super impressed - tried 919F, Z785, AP3, P760, Apex Pro and HMP was the clear winner, the tech in the club seems to actually work!!

Titleist TSR3 9 - Diamana GT 60 tx

Titleist TSi3 15 - Ventus Black 7x

Titleist TS2 18 - Diamana DF 80 tx

Mizuno Pro 223 $ Taper HT 130x

Vokey SM7 50F, 55S KBS Hi Rev 2.0 135x

Vokey SM9 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 125x

Ping PLD Kushin 4/TP Mills Dale/TP Mills Nellie

Pro V1

My fitter told me that the HMP faces flex like woods, said there is a lots and lots of tech in the design of these irons. I hit my friends 7 iron on an avg of 10 shots was like 203 yds that is insane. My avg distance on 7 iron from my 945 is 178-182. I couldnt play them because my gaps would be terrible but for distance these are legit.

Had a fitting yesterday and hit 4 irons mainly (HMP, Apex Pro, new "cheaper" PGX and i500). I am coming from 7 years of Ping i20s. My fave, by far, was HMP with Rifle blank 5.0s. I am ready to pull the trigger on a set of 5-GW but wondering if pulling the 9-GW and going HM Forged makes sense. Have only hit a 6 iron. The one degree gaps don't concern me, and I could have them adjusted if needed. Any opinions on the 9, pw, gw? Maybe just gw?

I'm a big fan of the HMP. Had mine for a couple of weeks now. Forgiveness, distance, and feel all great for me. Coming from MP-18 SC/FLI-HI combo set. Needed a little extra forgiveness and so far these are exactly what I was looking for. Didn't necessarily need more distance but it is nice to hit irons same distance I did when I was younger and had 5-10 mph higher swing speed.

• Like 1

Cobra King F7, Hzrdus Yellow 65 6.0

Cobra King F7 4wd, Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.0

Cobra King F7 Hybrid, Hzrdus Black 85 6.0

Mizuno JPX919 HMP 5-PW, AMT White S300

Vokey SM8, 48.10F/54.14F/60.08M, Stock shafts

Odyssey White Hot OG #7S 34"

• 3 weeks later...

I have a combo set of the HMP in the 4 & 5 iron and 6-P in the 919 Tour. I have had them about a month, but haven’t been able to get out much, so I am still working on yardages, I am thinking of ordering the 5 iron in the tour due to what is looking like a 20 yd gap between the HMP 5 and the 919 T 6. I have found both models easy to hit. My two wishes for the HMP,s would be for a slightly thinner sole and for them to have the same satin finish as the tours. They are great clubs, my desire is that they will be in the bag a long time.

> @rmauritz said:

> I have a combo set of the HMP in the 4 & 5 iron and 6-P in the 919 Tour. I have had them about a month, but haven’t been able to get out much, so I am still working on yardages, I am thinking of ordering the 5 iron in the tour due to what is looking like a 20 yd gap between the HMP 5 and the 919 T 6. I have found both models easy to hit. My two wishes for the HMP,s would be for a slightly thinner sole and for them to have the same satin finish as the tours. They are great clubs, my desire is that they will be in the bag a long time.

Are you getting that much of a gap after adjusting lofts on the HMP's and/or tours?

After testing out the 4, 7 and pw on the course for a while, I had a full set built with x100’s. I've got a few rounds in with them now.

My hc is just under 2 currently, mostly because of driver, wedge play and putting. I played mp18's most of last year. S55's, I200's (been playing these again this year), Srixon 745, 965's before that. But my iron game is pretty much the same using blades or players irons. Average.

What I saw during my testing surprised me. Reliable, consistent distance control. Or at least similar to what I saw with the irons I listed above. My spin numbers with them are right where I want them to be, a little over 6k with the 6 iron. I was able to take out my Apex 20* hybrid. The HMP 4 iron gave me the same results. This allowed me to add another wedge. The only small gap I think I may have is between the 7 and 8. Not a problem for me.

Feel is good but they let me know when I miss. They look great behind the ball. You can see a little of the a** end hanging out on the 4 and 5 a bit but they perform so well, it's easy to get over. My club is usually pretty firm and I'm enjoying the lower bounce.

We'll see how they do long term but I like everything about them so far. I gave serious thought blending the tours in with them. I was testing them at the same time and liked them very much. But I didn't see much difference in the results and really didn't want to go down the mixed set road.

Played my set (6-PW) for the first time yesterday. Coming from 919Forged w/ Modus 105, and the HMPros have the 70gram Project X LZ shafts. As expected, the HMPros played a bit light and it was tough adjusting. However, when the swing was good the feel off the HMPros was just as good, if not better than my 919Forged. Ball flight was VERY tall, something I've never experienced before so stopping balls on greens wasn't too tough at all. Was easily half a club to a full club longer on comparably struck shots. May need to reshaft the HMPros to a heavier graphite, I've switched from steel for health reasons, but I really enjoyed the added length and height I was seeing yesterday.

d: Epic Max | f: Rogue 3HL, Apex UW | h1: Apex Super | i: 923 HM | w: MD4 | p: Chalk Spider X SB

Got a set last week with Recoil 95’s...they are easily 5-7 yards longer than anything I have played in recent memory. I was able to control ball flight up and down pretty easily, no issues getting the ball nice and high downwind and flighting it into a breeze. It def spins less than most sets out there but I had no issues holding greens with them. Stupid forgiving as well....Mizuno has made a winner.

Srixon 785/585 Modus 120
Taylormade MG3 52 /TW 56/60

Srixon ZXU 20* Accra TZ6 

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 3 Wood Smoke Black

Taylormade Stealth+ 2 Driver Diamana ZF 60

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12.5

Titleist ProV1X Left Dash

Titleist Linkmaster

> @steventank said:

> i still dont see a point to have something between forged and hm

to compete with the CF19 from Callaway...which is essentially the same item. Callaway has the forged, and also GI irons like the big bertha which are like the HM

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of moving to these from the c300 forged.

Your the first that can give me a direct comparison ?

What are the differences and why are you going back to the forged?

Also what is your handicap ?

Cheers

> @Mookie91 said:

> I'm still not loving mine. 9 iron to wedge balloon from time to time and they are a half club shorter than my C300 Forged. They will get 2 weeks and then they'll be backups.

> @Mookie91 said:

> I'm still not loving mine. 9 iron to wedge balloon from time to time and they are a half club shorter than my C300 Forged. They will get 2 weeks and then they'll be backups.

• 2 weeks later...