George Gankas online lessons?

texas_golfer

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't done it, but it's $200. You send a Face-On and Down the Line swing. And he sends back recommendations based on that.

Taylormade Stealth+ 10.5* with Ventus Blue TR 6X
Srixon ZX 13.5* with Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX 18* with Ventus Blue 7X
Srixon ZXU 20* with Tour AD-DI 95x
Srixon ZX7 5-PW with Modus 125x
Cleveland Zipcore 51* Mid with Modus 125x, 56* Full with Modus 125w, 61* Mid with Modus 125w
Odyssey 2 Ball Ten Armlock
Titleist ProV1

I haven't done it, but it's $200. You send a Face-On and Down the Line swing. And he sends back recommendations based on that.

$200 per lesson? Any packages? I like Gankas a lot and the guy can charge whatever people are willing to pay but isn't that pretty steep for an online lesson?

For blpmobil, how thorough? Worth the $200?

Titleist TSR3 : Ventus TR Blue 6X
Taylormade Stealth Plus : Ventus Velocore Blue 7X
Taylormade SIM2 Rescue - AD-IZ 85X
Taylormade P770 4-PW : MCA MMT 125X
Taylormade MG 50/54/58 : MCA MMT 125X
Swag Handsome One
Taylormade TP5

$200 per lesson? Any packages? I like Gankas a lot and the guy can charge whatever people are willing to pay but isn't that pretty steep for an online lesson?

That is a price someone charges when they don't want to do a lot of them

• Like 1

exactly, he's got so many people following him on instagram and wanting a lesson that he would be so backed up with online lessons it wouldn't even be funny. I did do an online lesson with him when he had his membership site and was offering $60 online lessons. I hope he has changed his format since then because it wasn't all that helpful. It was all still picture based with text, also sent a few stock video clips

exactly, he's got so many people following him on instagram and wanting a lesson that he would be so backed up with online lessons it wouldn't even be funny. I did do an online lesson with him when he had his membership site and was offering $60 online lessons. I hope he has changed his format since then because it wasn't all that helpful. It was all still picture based with text, also sent a few stock video clips

"Yo, dog, my bad-sorry about that, G" !!! zero-6.jpg

I did an online lesson with him. I found it very helpful. The only thing I would warn people about is that you have to do the homework and understand terminology in order to digest everything he puts into the lesson. The video will be reduced to still frames at p1-9 with lines and angles with recommendations on where you should be and what needs to happen to get there. There may be concepts talked about that you may need to find a youtube video to relate it to what you need to do as well. But for me I had 1 online lesson so far and have picked up 8-10 mph and am hitting it better.

I did an online lesson with him. I found it very helpful. The only thing I would warn people about is that you have to do the homework and understand terminology in order to digest everything he puts into the lesson. The video will be reduced to still frames at p1-9 with lines and angles with recommendations on where you should be and what needs to happen to get there. There may be concepts talked about that you may need to find a youtube video to relate it to what you need to do as well. But for me I had 1 online lesson so far and have picked up 8-10 mph and am hitting it better.

George may not be suited for the average golfer for the very reasons you mention. I prefer instructors who provide video comparisons to the ones submitted. To me its far easier to depict what needs to be worked on.

• 3 months later...

How long has his new website been sitting there. Is he ever going to actually launch it?

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've taken 3 online lessons and 2 in-person lessons with GG. I think you're best off learning from GG in-person and then getting the online lessons. It usually takes him a week to respond back after you give him the video.

I think one of the best things GG does with his lessons is that he doesn't work in feels. Instead, he shows what it looks like and demonstrates and then gives you visual checkpoints and drills to work on. That's why the in-person lesson is so vital, you can get those in more detail because he has some time to work with you and see how you respond to certain things.

The online lessons provide a lot of information and it greatly helps to understand the terminology. If anything, make sure you utilize his drills. I think GG has a ton of great drills and is keenly aware of what drills to prescribe for different swings.

And it's really best to figure out the setup before you get into anything. He is insistent on having the posture and setup correct. If you don't have it, he'll just keep reiterating it because it's extremely difficult to do what he tells you if you have the incorrect setup and posture.

RH

> @RichieHunt said:

> I think I've taken 3 online lessons and 2 in-person lessons with GG. I think you're best off learning from GG in-person and then getting the online lessons. It usually takes him a week to respond back after you give him the video.

>

> I think one of the best things GG does with his lessons is that he doesn't work in feels. Instead, he shows what it looks like and demonstrates and then gives you visual checkpoints and drills to work on. That's why the in-person lesson is so vital, you can get those in more detail because he has some time to work with you and see how you respond to certain things.

>

> The online lessons provide a lot of information and it greatly helps to understand the terminology. If anything, make sure you utilize his drills. I think GG has a ton of great drills and is keenly aware of what drills to prescribe for different swings.

>

> And it's really best to figure out the setup before you get into anything. He is insistent on having the posture and setup correct. If you don't have it, he'll just keep reiterating it because it's extremely difficult to do what he tells you if you have the incorrect setup and posture.

>

>

>

>

> RH

Richie, I started another thread today asking about details on GG's preferred setup. Can you elaborate on it? I've gotten bits & pieces from his videos: back of armpits & knees over balls of feet, rear tucked under. But there's so much content to sift through on Youtube & the video titles aren't always helpful.

> @jonsnow said:

> > @RichieHunt said:

> > I think I've taken 3 online lessons and 2 in-person lessons with GG. I think you're best off learning from GG in-person and then getting the online lessons. It usually takes him a week to respond back after you give him the video.

> >

> > I think one of the best things GG does with his lessons is that he doesn't work in feels. Instead, he shows what it looks like and demonstrates and then gives you visual checkpoints and drills to work on. That's why the in-person lesson is so vital, you can get those in more detail because he has some time to work with you and see how you respond to certain things.

> >

> > The online lessons provide a lot of information and it greatly helps to understand the terminology. If anything, make sure you utilize his drills. I think GG has a ton of great drills and is keenly aware of what drills to prescribe for different swings.

> >

> > And it's really best to figure out the setup before you get into anything. He is insistent on having the posture and setup correct. If you don't have it, he'll just keep reiterating it because it's extremely difficult to do what he tells you if you have the incorrect setup and posture.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > RH

>

> Richie, I started another thread today asking about details on GG's preferred setup. Can you elaborate on it? I've gotten bits & pieces from his videos: back of armpits & knees over balls of feet, rear tucked under. But there's so much content to sift through on Youtube & the video titles aren't always helpful.

That's correct. Armpits over the knee caps and the balls of the fee. I found the tucking of the butt a little difficult until I saw GG for a lesson. There are some drills where you get against a wall and it forces you tuck the butt under.

However, I still had issues with tucking the butt under properly. I would tuck the butt under properly and then right before I would swing I would go back to the old way.

I didn't finally get it right until I worked on tucking the butt under until the weight distribution in both feet was equally distributed throughout the entire foot. That means the weight distributed even from the heel to the arches to the toes.

From there, I reach my arms out to the ball while keeping the weight evenly distributed throughout the foot. I had issues trying to get the proper setup before because I felt like I had to setup too close to the ball. But as long as I keep the butt tucked under so I can have the weight evenly distributed throughout the foot the posture is fine.

RH

• 2 months later...

> @eddie33081 said:

> Has anyone tried his online package of drills etc for $500 a year? Worth it?

It is more like an entire course on the full swing from his perspective. Several hours of video that you have to watch in order from foundations/terminology, set up, back swing, and down swing. Once you're versed in that and implement things, the faults and fixes section is set to unlock in time. It's designed for you to learn how the swing is supposed to work and implement changes over time instead of quick drills and fixes, and things will progressively unlock over the next year. There has definitely been a few things in there that simplified things for me, but I'm focusing entirely on a good back swing before I get too deep into his leg work and shallowing.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I’m doing the new website membership. I’m finding it incredibly valuable. It would take too much time to get into all of the reasons why I find it so valuable, but at a high level it puts everything about the swing in one place, and it goes in depth about why he recommends what he recommends. He allows some “room” for swinging it a little differently than his stock swing, and gives you a lot of rationale for how to do the swing with certain moves that he may not recommend. I’m finding it quite worthwhile so far.