North Jersey Golf

Max21

Anyone else frustrated with all these public options in North Jersey? I try and golf on Saturdays and Sundays (then take off here and there for mid week rounds) but its crazy how frustrating it is to find tee times. Impossible to find tee times and you end up paying up to $75 on courses that you cant even tell the difference between the rough and fairway. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have my first meeting with a private club this weekend since playing public courses is going terrible. I played Fossil Trace in Colorado last week for $65 and it was probably the nicest course I have played with crazy awesome carts and it has fully solidified my decision that I am done with public courses in NJ.

Same gripe in Westchester County, NY. It is what it is. Pay $12K+ a year for private club dues, or deal with the herds.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

> @Ferretts said:

> Mansion ridge, or patriot hills... Play in the afternoon or just book ahead a week or two. Both great courses, neither too far away from the heart of things.

Nice options to check out. Thanks. Unfortunately my schedule isnt all that set two weeks in advance and these are over an hour drive for me but I will definitely be checking these out. Thanks!

> @Max21 said:

> > @ckay said:

> > Same gripe in Westchester County, NY. It is what it is. Pay $12K+ a year for private club dues, or deal with the herds.

>

> Its tough! Especially trying to consistently play every weekend. For my age group I have found a few options available under 4k per year. We shall see

That is my issue as well. I can't consistently play so the pressure is on to get rounds in to offset the outlay. It will be justifiable once the kids are old enough to take advantage of the full facilities but right now it isn't. However, anytime I do play at a club I am frantically searching for a deal because it is great to show up, warm up, and play without anyone to slow you down.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

> @Kevlar10 said:

> I’m actually in NW NJ and the cost isn’t too bad. The hard part is finding the time. The clubs out here aren’t overly expensive comparatively speaking, but I couldn’t get out enough to justify the cost.

Hmmm let’s see. Wild Turkey on the weekend is over $130. That course is straight trash for that price. Skyview is over $80 on weekends as well. Never playing there again. Farmstead is around $70 but is it really worth that? Last time I played there I had a 5 and half hour round. I feel like I can keep going. Berkshire isn’t bad at all with a county card but the pace of play is gross and trying to find a time even a week in advance is impossible. Are you playing at rolling green lol? And no I would prefer not to tee off at 4 pm every time either.

You can always find expensive courses to play, especially in the Sparta area. I’ve played plenty of times for well under $50. If you cross the river into PA, the cost is much less. Even in Somerset County, there are some reasonably priced courses on the weekend. I don’t look for specific courses, or only those within 15 minutes of my house. Sometimes finding deals takes a little research or planning.

> @Kevlar10 said:

> You can always find expensive courses to play, especially in the Sparta area. I’ve played plenty of times for well under $50. If you cross the river into PA, the cost is much less. Even in Somerset County, there are some reasonably priced courses on the weekend. I don’t look for specific courses, or only those within 15 minutes of my house. Sometimes finding deals takes a little research or planning.

> @Kevlar10 said:

> You can always find expensive courses to play, especially in the Sparta area. I’ve played plenty of times for well under $50. If you cross the river into PA, the cost is much less. Even in Somerset County, there are some reasonably priced courses on the weekend. I don’t look for specific courses, or only those within 15 minutes of my house. Sometimes finding deals takes a little research or planning.

What are some courses you play ?

> @Max21 said:

> Anyone else frustrated with all these public options in North Jersey? I try and golf on Saturdays and Sundays (then take off here and there for mid week rounds) but its crazy how frustrating it is to find tee times. Impossible to find tee times and you end up paying up to $75 on courses that you cant even tell the difference between the rough and fairway. Anyone else experiencing this?

>

> I have my first meeting with a private club this weekend since playing public courses is going terrible. I played Fossil Trace in Colorado last week for $65 and it was probably the nicest course I have played with crazy awesome carts and it has fully solidified my decision that I am done with public courses in NJ.

One thing I enjoy about Monmouth County is that we have excellent county courses (Howell, Hominy Hill, Charleston Springs, Shark River). You are playing close to 4.5 hours a round, but they take really good care of the courses.

Good luck looking at the private clubs. Not sure what your budget is, but the first place I would go is NJ National. I played it about 4-5 years ago and it was in great shape. Dues are reasonable, you can walk the course anytime, so that saves cart fees. No initiation fee.

Morris County has some high end clubs. I think Black Oak is relatively reasonable considering other options like Morris County Golf Club, Spring Brook and Roxiticus.

Basking Ridge is supposed to be decent as well.

I am playing Lake Mohawk in a few weeks and I remember on their website advertising for new members, so that maybe something to check out, along with Panther Valley.

Good luck on your search!

> @NJgolfer11 said:

> > @Max21 said:

> > Anyone else frustrated with all these public options in North Jersey? I try and golf on Saturdays and Sundays (then take off here and there for mid week rounds) but its crazy how frustrating it is to find tee times. Impossible to find tee times and you end up paying up to $75 on courses that you cant even tell the difference between the rough and fairway. Anyone else experiencing this?

> >

> > I have my first meeting with a private club this weekend since playing public courses is going terrible. I played Fossil Trace in Colorado last week for $65 and it was probably the nicest course I have played with crazy awesome carts and it has fully solidified my decision that I am done with public courses in NJ.

>

> One thing I enjoy about Monmouth County is that we have excellent county courses (Howell, Hominy Hill, Charleston Springs, Shark River). You are playing close to 4.5 hours a round, but they take really good care of the courses.

> Good luck looking at the private clubs. Not sure what your budget is, but the first place I would go is NJ National. I played it about 4-5 years ago and it was in great shape. Dues are reasonable, you can walk the course anytime, so that saves cart fees. No initiation fee.

> Morris County has some high end clubs. I think Black Oak is relatively reasonable considering other options like Morris County Golf Club, Spring Brook and Roxiticus.

> Basking Ridge is supposed to be decent as well.

> I am playing Lake Mohawk in a few weeks and I remember on their website advertising for new members, so that maybe something to check out, along with Panther Valley.

> Good luck on your search!

Thanks for all the insight! I really want to play Hominy Hill just gotta get down there. I always read on here how people pay like $20-$40 for public courses but that is impossible around my area unless you are playing on basically a soccer field. I am actually going to visit Black Oak within the next few weeks. Very close to me and actually very reasonable as well.

> @NJgolfer11 said:

> > @Max21 said:

> > Anyone else frustrated with all these public options in North Jersey? I try and golf on Saturdays and Sundays (then take off here and there for mid week rounds) but its crazy how frustrating it is to find tee times. Impossible to find tee times and you end up paying up to $75 on courses that you cant even tell the difference between the rough and fairway. Anyone else experiencing this?

> >

> > I have my first meeting with a private club this weekend since playing public courses is going terrible. I played Fossil Trace in Colorado last week for $65 and it was probably the nicest course I have played with crazy awesome carts and it has fully solidified my decision that I am done with public courses in NJ.

>

> One thing I enjoy about Monmouth County is that we have excellent county courses (Howell, Hominy Hill, Charleston Springs, Shark River). You are playing close to 4.5 hours a round, but they take really good care of the courses.

> Good luck looking at the private clubs. Not sure what your budget is, but the first place I would go is NJ National. I played it about 4-5 years ago and it was in great shape. Dues are reasonable, you can walk the course anytime, so that saves cart fees. No initiation fee.

> Morris County has some high end clubs. I think Black Oak is relatively reasonable considering other options like Morris County Golf Club, Spring Brook and Roxiticus.

> Basking Ridge is supposed to be decent as well.

> I am playing Lake Mohawk in a few weeks and I remember on their website advertising for new members, so that maybe something to check out, along with Panther Valley.

> Good luck on your search!

Basking Ridge is probably worth checking out, especially if you are in your late 20's-early 30's as it is very affordable. I was a member there for the last 4 years and it was a great combination of affordable and extremely close to where I was living at the time. NJ National is a nice track as well and the pro is a good guy, but I'm not sure what they charge for a membership (I've heard its close to BR but I can't be sure).

Lake Mohawk is looking for members, it is a shorter course that plays way longer. Was a member there a few years ago, greens are small but super fast, membership is a good group of guys, they do a friday afternoon money game every week. but for location, id never of left. I play now at galloping hill as i only get out once a week. We have an association that plays every sunday morning, basically guarantees a tee time between 6 and 9 with some interesting tournaments and skins/ctp. Galloping hill is in as good a shape this year as its ever been. Greens rolling at 11.5 for a public course with that much play, ill take it.

Titleist Trip - New Bedford

Titleist TSi3 8* with Tensei AV Raw White 65X
Titleist 915 Fd 15 with diamana d+80X
Titleist 918H2 18* with Tensei CK White 90X
Titleist ap2 716 4-gw with Amt x100
Vokey sm9 54, 58 with Amt x100

Evnroll ER2

> @Max21 said:

> > @NJgolfer11 said:

> > > @Max21 said:

> > > Anyone else frustrated with all these public options in North Jersey? I try and golf on Saturdays and Sundays (then take off here and there for mid week rounds) but its crazy how frustrating it is to find tee times. Impossible to find tee times and you end up paying up to $75 on courses that you cant even tell the difference between the rough and fairway. Anyone else experiencing this?

> > >

> > > I have my first meeting with a private club this weekend since playing public courses is going terrible. I played Fossil Trace in Colorado last week for $65 and it was probably the nicest course I have played with crazy awesome carts and it has fully solidified my decision that I am done with public courses in NJ.

> >

> > One thing I enjoy about Monmouth County is that we have excellent county courses (Howell, Hominy Hill, Charleston Springs, Shark River). You are playing close to 4.5 hours a round, but they take really good care of the courses.

> > Good luck looking at the private clubs. Not sure what your budget is, but the first place I would go is NJ National. I played it about 4-5 years ago and it was in great shape. Dues are reasonable, you can walk the course anytime, so that saves cart fees. No initiation fee.

> > Morris County has some high end clubs. I think Black Oak is relatively reasonable considering other options like Morris County Golf Club, Spring Brook and Roxiticus.

> > Basking Ridge is supposed to be decent as well.

> > I am playing Lake Mohawk in a few weeks and I remember on their website advertising for new members, so that maybe something to check out, along with Panther Valley.

> > Good luck on your search!

>

> Thanks for all the insight! I really want to play Hominy Hill just gotta get down there. I always read on here how people pay like $20-$40 for public courses but that is impossible around my area unless you are playing on basically a soccer field. I am actually going to visit Black Oak within the next few weeks. Very close to me and actually very reasonable as well.

Weekends are $50 to walk the courses. Great value.

> @"Wander Bread" said:

> What private clubs in Jersey are 4k or less per year?

vqv73sx4dfkq.png

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @Max21 said:

> > @LPSISCO said:

> > We’ll see what you say after you find out what a nice private course in NJ costs ???

>

> I have multiple options I am considering right now that are very affordable. Thank you though

please . do tell...

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @Max21 said:

> > > @LPSISCO said:

> > > We’ll see what you say after you find out what a nice private course in NJ costs ???

> >

> > I have multiple options I am considering right now that are very affordable. Thank you though

>

> please . do tell...

please . do tell that every club is not affordable. do tell

> @Max21 said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @Max21 said:

> > > > @LPSISCO said:

> > > > We’ll see what you say after you find out what a nice private course in NJ costs ???

> > >

> > > I have multiple options I am considering right now that are very affordable. Thank you though

> >

> > please . do tell...

>

> please . do tell that every club is not affordable. do tell

ok. well, it's been stated already that crystal springs is roughly $9k - black oak is a minimum of $4k in dues PLUS food minimum and cart fees for every round at $28 a clip. and outside of that...there aren't a whole host of courses that are decent enough to play for the money. mohawk has decent greens but the course is short af -- and that's not in morris county.

there, there's a few -- why don't you speak about your options...please.

**EDIT** btw, i know a few Black Oak members -- i've played the course quite a few times, talked to the membership coordinator and had visits to discuss memberships of varying levels. i'm 33, and honestly, after doing a cost analysis including rounds of golf i'd play (cart fees), range usage and the like -- it's cheaper to play elsewhere and have variety...and buy range balls; than it is to join black oak.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @Max21 said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > @Max21 said:

> > > > > @LPSISCO said:

> > > > > We’ll see what you say after you find out what a nice private course in NJ costs ???

> > > >

> > > > I have multiple options I am considering right now that are very affordable. Thank you though

> > >

> > > please . do tell...

> >

> > please . do tell that every club is not affordable. do tell

>

> ok. well, it's been stated already that crystal springs is roughly $9k - black oak is a minimum of $4k in dues PLUS food minimum and cart fees for every round at $28 a clip. and outside of that...there aren't a whole host of courses that are decent enough to play for the money. mohawk has decent greens but the course is short af -- and that's not in morris county.

>

> there, there's a few -- why don't you speak about your options...please.

Hahahahaha i feel so so bad for anyone that even considers Crystal Springs. What a joke. Might want to put in a tad more research there bud

> @Max21 said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @Max21 said:

> > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > @Max21 said:

> > > > > > @LPSISCO said:

> > > > > > We’ll see what you say after you find out what a nice private course in NJ costs ???

> > > > >

> > > > > I have multiple options I am considering right now that are very affordable. Thank you though

> > > >

> > > > please . do tell...

> > >

> > > please . do tell that every club is not affordable. do tell

> >

> > ok. well, it's been stated already that crystal springs is roughly $9k - black oak is a minimum of $4k in dues PLUS food minimum and cart fees for every round at $28 a clip. and outside of that...there aren't a whole host of courses that are decent enough to play for the money. mohawk has decent greens but the course is short af -- and that's not in morris county.

> >

> > there, there's a few -- why don't you speak about your options...please.

>

> Hahahahaha i feel so so bad for anyone that even considers Crystal Springs. What a joke. Might want to put in a tad more research there bud

...i've done my research. listen, if you want to be a child (seems you are) -- go ahead. ignore feature is a wonderful thing.

as you were -- gl in your search.

• Like 1

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @Max21 said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > @Max21 said:

> > > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > > @Max21 said:

> > > > > > > @LPSISCO said:

> > > > > > > We’ll see what you say after you find out what a nice private course in NJ costs ???

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have multiple options I am considering right now that are very affordable. Thank you though

> > > > >

> > > > > please . do tell...

> > > >

> > > > please . do tell that every club is not affordable. do tell

> > >

> > > ok. well, it's been stated already that crystal springs is roughly $9k - black oak is a minimum of $4k in dues PLUS food minimum and cart fees for every round at $28 a clip. and outside of that...there aren't a whole host of courses that are decent enough to play for the money. mohawk has decent greens but the course is short af -- and that's not in morris county.

> > >

> > > there, there's a few -- why don't you speak about your options...please.

> >

> > Hahahahaha i feel so so bad for anyone that even considers Crystal Springs. What a joke. Might want to put in a tad more research there bud

>

> ...i've done my research. listen, if you want to be a child (seems you are) -- go ahead. ignore feature is a wonderful thing.

>

> as you were -- gl in your search.

Im not trying to be a child but when you come off the way you did I would respond the same exact way every time. Have a good one boss