19 Apex Pro Vs. TM 760 vs. AP2 718 - Help please

johnroyal519

All the generations of apex pro are super hot off the face. I love the looks of them but they just go to far and messes up the gapping. Some irons had 20 yard gaps

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

I have the '19 Apex Pros. I tested the Mizzy, AP2's and my Pros all side by side, not the TM's though (fitter did not sell those).

I had the '16 Apex Pros and did the upgrade that Cally was offering plus I liked the shape better on the '19's vs '16's. Tough choices as all 3 are really good but I would go either Pro's or AP2's. Just make sure you get fit for both as I found I was in different shafts in both of them to get the best out of each.

What is odd to me is I see people noting 7-9 yard gains... ?? and this is Vs 718 AP2's??? I tested both outside on Trackman and all strikes equal I saw like 2-3 yards and I had to strike both perfect to even see that. There is only 1 degree difference in loft between the two. I know the head design and lower CG in the Pro's does help for sure but I have had mine since they came out and have not experienced any hotspots or flyers to show me such a huge difference people are noting.

Between the AP2 / PROs I think the PRO's feel better for sure but I will say I think the AP2 might have a smidge more foregivness.

_Edit: Is everyone confusing the normal Apex model (which is forged now) vs the PRO model?? That club does go a long azz way LOL The 7 iron is like 30 degrees... !!_

Apex Pros are excellent. Never had any hot spot issues with the 2014 model. In fact, it was a super consistent club. Did not play the ‘16 Pros but am about to on-course test out two of the ‘19 Apex Pros. They were strong indoors. Like the semi-compact look. They are not small, but they don’t have that longish-looking blade, which I do not prefer.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I tested Apex Pro 19s vs 718 AP2. For me, the Apex Pro was quite a bit longer, more forgiving and felt softer.

Cobra LTDx VA Composites Drago 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5 deg fairway VA Composites Drago 75S

Titleist TSi2 21 deg fairway VA Composites Drago 75S

Titleist AP3 4-PW+48 Tour AMT white x100

Vokey SM9 54.10S (@53) 

Vokey SM9 58.08M

Taylormade Spider EX putter

ProV1X

> @balls_deep said:

> The course is always taking spin away from you. It rarely gives it back. AP2 are the most playable players clubs for golfers that aren't super human PGA pros. I'll probably keep buying AP2 over and over again because they just work. If you're a decent golfer you can play them until the big leagues. The benchmark IMO.

This is so spot-on. AP2s are the only ones discussed here that I would buy without trying - you know you're getting a top product.

> @er1cchandler said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > The course is always taking spin away from you. It rarely gives it back. AP2 are the most playable players clubs for golfers that aren't super human PGA pros. I'll probably keep buying AP2 over and over again because they just work. If you're a decent golfer you can play them until the big leagues. The benchmark IMO.

>

> This is so spot-on. AP2s are the only ones discussed here that I would buy without trying - you know you're getting a top product.

Interesting. I tried to game the AP2's. I agree they are great clubs my test was with the 714's and could get along with them. Titleist fit me on trackman / outdoors and we finally got a decent shaft that worked after about 4 attempts, but there was just something with them I could not make work. I really wanted them to work too as I have played Titleist drivers/3 woods/hybrinds forever. Love my TS3 setup right now.

I keep trying for 2 years or so and finally gave up. It just shows things fit people differently even when being fit.

Now I will say I have NEVER found a Taylormade club that fits me... ever LOL but alot of friends love them.

_Edit: when I said attempts I should of said 4 different fitting sessions / shaft combos. One shaft would be great in the Long irons but spin up / Balloon on the short irons. Next one would reverse the issue. Next would launch way to high... next way to low across the board_

> @CDM said:

> I have the '19 Apex Pros. I tested the Mizzy, AP2's and my Pros all side by side, not the TM's though (fitter did not sell those).

>

> I had the '16 Apex Pros and did the upgrade that Cally was offering plus I liked the shape better on the '19's vs '16's. Tough choices as all 3 are really good but I would go either Pro's or AP2's. Just make sure you get fit for both as I found I was in different shafts in both of them to get the best out of each.

>

> What is odd to me is I see people noting 7-9 yard gains... ?? and this is Vs 718 AP2's??? I tested both outside on Trackman and all strikes equal I saw like 2-3 yards and I had to strike both perfect to even see that. There is only 1 degree difference in loft between the two. I know the head design and lower CG in the Pro's does help for sure but I have had mine since they came out and have not experienced any hotspots or flyers to show me such a huge difference people are noting.

>

> Between the AP2 / PROs I think the PRO's feel better for sure but I will say I think the AP2 might have a smidge more foregivness.

>

> _Edit: Is everyone confusing the normal Apex model (which is forged now) vs the PRO model?? That club does go a long azz way LOL The 7 iron is like 30 degrees... !!_

I had tried out the 19 Apex Pro's with the Elevate X flex when they first came out and was getting 9 yds carry difference over the AP2's; it was on average 157 yds vs 166 yds IIRC. Since then I've made quite a few swing changes to focus on contact and tried them out again. The results were completely different where the Apex Pro's were coming in half a club shorter and spinning consistently 8k rpm on the same stock shaft. I thought it was weird but must be due to the shaft and swing changes since I was getting my normal carry numbers with Apex MB in PX 6.0 and 718 CB with DG S300.

This topic reminded me of a conversation I had the other day with a buddy and another customer at the LGS I frequent. My buddy at the store was handing stuff to me to try and was talking about the Apex Pro's in the 4 iron. He plays the Apex MB mid/short irons and the Apex Pro's in the long irons. The consensus we shared is that the Apex Pro's are quite hot and go too far in the mid/short irons.

I had the 718 AP2's, and switched over to the Apex 19 pros. I personally think the AP2's were more consistent. With the Apex, I seem to catch a lot more flyers, even off the tee. I'll hit my 7 iron anywhere from 165 to 210. I'm usually 165-175 or so with the Titleist. That happened quite a bit with all of the Callaway clubs. Love the look of them, and wanted to keep them badly. I just couldn't get used to that, so I traded them last weekend. The Apex Pro's are the best looking club IMO, and I love how they feel. Not a huge fan of the Elevate shaft. I thought it felt a little harsh compared to the AMT shaft. After hitting a bunch of different irons on the monitor, I went for the Mizuno 919 JPX Tours and back to the S300 shaft. Not enough time to comment on them, since I've only played 2 rounds with them so far. It's definitely softer than either of the other 2 though.

Maybe it is the elevate shaft? I never hit the '19 Pros in that shaft ever to be honest. My normal go to shafts are the KBS Tour shaft or the Modus 3. There are a few DG shafts that work well but not the S300 for me.

I got the best numbers for my swing in the KBS, but funny you note a swing change. I started to work on a change in the last few weeks to tighten up things _(dispersion more than club gap)_ and I noticed I am a lot better on accuracy that but I have noticed a few yards less distance??

> @CDM said:

> Maybe it is the elevate shaft? I never hit the '19 Pros in that shaft ever to be honest. My normal go to shafts are the KBS Tour shaft or the Modus 3. There are a few DG shafts that work well but not the S300 for me.

>

> I got the best numbers for my swing in the KBS, but funny you note a swing change. I started to work on a change in the last few weeks to tighten up things _(dispersion more than club gap)_ and I noticed I am a lot better on accuracy that but I have noticed a few yards less distance??

Yes but not a lot. I worked on clean contact and face control. As a result got better accuracy and spin the ball more.

It's the Elevate shaft not working well with my swing. I was consistently getting about 8000 RPM with the 7 iron in that configuration. I'm sure if I went to my usual PX LZ or PX it would be fine.

The Apex Pro's are good irons but just not for me. I would say that if you're not needing or wanting distance, these aren't for you. AP2 for the most part gives what you put into it. It'll deliver consistency with forgiveness but not distance.