How to ignore hide or deselect topics?

JAMH03 ·  
JAMH03JAMH03 Members  979WRX Points: 440Posts: 979 Golden Tee

I get it just scroll past it, but the way I read is I start at the top and work down let's say in the Equip forum so.... I end up seeing the same new posts over and over again but miss interesting older posts.

If I could ignore/hide less interesting topics then I could see more of the good stuff.

For example

"What's the longest putter?"

I don't want to ignore the user but I don't imagine that topic will be useful to me

Posted:

Comments

• GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27126WRX Points: 467Posts: 27,126 Marshals

Was this a previous capability or a new request. Looking for an example reference.

Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • JAMH03JAMH03 Members  979WRX Points: 440Posts: 979 Golden Tee

I've done it on other forums not sure about this one?

Posted:

• EricWGolfEricWGolf Members  757WRX Points: 436Posts: 757 Golden Tee

It would be a new feature, but it would be awesome.

Posted:
  • JAMH03JAMH03 Members  979WRX Points: 440Posts: 979 Golden Tee

If I could "deselect" or "hide" a conversation topic or thread then I could get to the good stuff faster and easier therefore spending more time here looking at, clicking ads and buying stuff.

Not sure how I can explain this very well but I'll try with a pic.

Next time I log in and I go to the equipment forum there will be topics that I'm not interested in just like the last time I went there many of them will still be towards the top.

Which means I end up scrolling past the same threads again and again when I wasn't interested in them previously.

Net effect is many great threads I've yet to read remain buried.

Posted:

• nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6910WRX Points: 1,235Handicap: 3.9-9.3-7.7 (Health issue)Posts: 6,910 Titanium Tees

On -, @JAMH03 said:

If I could "deselect" or "hide" a conversation topic or thread then I could get to the good stuff faster and easier therefore spending more time here looking at, clicking ads and buying stuff.

Not sure how I can explain this very well but I'll try with a pic.

Next time I log in and I go to the equipment forum there will be topics that I'm not interested in just like the last time I went there many of them will still be towards the top.

Which means I end up scrolling past the same threads again and again when I wasn't interested in them previously.

Net effect is many great threads I've yet to read remain buried.

Net-net you want to "hide" a particular thread permanently, yes ?

Never saw a forum that allowed that but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The OLD board had a way to customize so as to ignore a FORUM but not one I'm aware of to just hide one or more threads.

Guess it depends on how you read the board. Mostly I read it by "Participated", then "Bookmarked" (threads that I want to look at but have not participated in (yet ?)), then "Recent Discussions" (all the newest threads posted to).

Occasionally I look at the board by forum.

Frankly, I've never found it that "difficult" to simply skip past a thread I'm not interested in. JMO

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.