Matt Wallace and caddy

manxytag

I don't know how much I buy the "heat of the moment" outburst thing on the golf course. This is a game where most of us literally stand around for HOURS just thinking, and not performing. We get to our ball, analyze the situation, and one minute later we're walking towards the ball hundreds of yards away again. A 3 second burst right after a shot, sure I get that. But minutes of complaining and whining, and seemingly berating a caddie, that's just you being a ******. And doing it over and over again for things that just happen on a golf course, like say, a missed putt. Everybody misses putts, and if you can't control your emotional response over getting a bad break, well...golf might not be the game for you.

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9° 

Fairway Wood: Taylormade SIM TI 15°, Titleist 917F2 18°

Irons: Ping i210 4-UW

Wedges: Titleist SM8 S-Grind 54°, 58°

Putter: Nike BC-01 33"

I hate s*** like this. I hate when players talk about "we" did great/bad. It just allows players to shift the blame when they lose. Caddies contributions to the game are way overrated. Who caddied for Jack, Arnie, Tom Watson, Jones, Hagen, Hogan, Sarazen? 99.9999% of golfers have no idea. I mean could anybody tell me the caddies for the top 5 OWGR players right now? Does it really matter if the caddie says the shot is 140-145 or 142 yards exactly? I would argue no, do to the fact that >50% of the time they do even hit it into that 5 yard range during tournaments. These guys have hit hundreds of thousands to millions shots before, they can pretty accurately judge the distance/feel the distance without even looking at a yardage book/marker. Hell, I can do it. So if you come up 10 yards short and hit it into the drink, that is all on the player.

I think people need to be reset as to what is "passion" and what is d-baggery. Someone on the tennis forum tried to explain that someone who breaks their racquet is not a drama queen, but "has passion." No, they're a drama queen. Same with this. Even though the caddie is essentially a servant, does not give one the right to treat them as though they are beneath them.

Had Wallace grown up playing a more head-to-head sport, I suspect there wouldn't have been a second time for an outburst like this, since the butt-kicking he got after the first time would have taught him a lesson. I know we're supposed to be more enlightened, above violence and all that psychobabble, but a right cross to the jaw would have straightened Wallace out in heartbeat.

(Yes that would have brought other issues into play, for the caddie-although a case could almost be made for provocation- but still, Wallace wouldn't do it again I would be willing to wager.)

• Like 1

> @buckeyefl said:

> Your size scares women? Passive brag? lol just messing but controlled rage is the best for golf. Of course the trick is finding that line but when you do it can be quite useful.

Lol. You know what I mean !!

Example. I do most of the grocery shopping as I am also the house chef. So I’m in the store minding my own business and you get to going down the same isles with a lady. After the 2nd or 3rd isle one of two things happens. Either she starts to look panicked ( like she’s being followed ) or starts making eye contact. Neither response am I interested in. Lol. So I have to make a conscious effort to skip back and forth to avoid this.

Don’t even get me started on being a fast walker in a deserted store or street. It starts early on. My kid is 10. 5ft 2 121lbs. Not huge. But definitely big for a 10 ( nearly 11) year old boy. Wears a 9.5 men’s shoe etc. moms who don’t know him don’t want him playing with their 10 year olds. lol. We get it all the time. I’m constantly saying. “ he’s only 10 “. So consequently in sports he plays on the 12 year old team in basketball and baseball.

Anyway. End Segway

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @buckeye440 said:

> I hate **** like this. I hate when players talk about "we" did great/bad. It just allows players to shift the blame when they lose. Caddies contributions to the game are way overrated. Who caddied for Jack, Arnie, Tom Watson, Jones, Hagen, Hogan, Sarazen? 99.9999% of golfers have no idea. I mean could anybody tell me the caddies for the top 5 OWGR players right now? Does it really matter if the caddie says the shot is 140-145 or 142 yards exactly? I would argue no, do to the fact that >50% of the time they do even hit it into that 5 yard range during tournaments. These guys have hit hundreds of thousands to millions shots before, they can pretty accurately judge the distance/feel the distance without even looking at a yardage book/marker. ****, I can do it. So if you come up 10 yards short and hit it into the drink, that is all on the player.

Nah. I disagree. That’s just the get off my lawn coming out. And I speak grumpy old man fluently. Not meant to offend as I don’t even know or care to know your age. Just saying I understand. But it just isn’t reality.

I’d love for your version to be reality. Blades and persimmon for everybody. Outlaw yardage devices and books , and any hollow club. Period. Suits me just fine. But it isn’t today’s game. Most of the players you name , if born today would have a top notch caddie and we’d know their names. Why ? It’s worth more than a few shots over the season for certain.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

There's lots of golfers like this, just not at the top levels of the game

No excuse for his actions and temper and also treating another person this way, especially a caddy who is there to help you

As posters have said. You are the pro. You have 140 over water into a 1 club wind. If you can't hit a knock down shot with an 8 iron that flies 145 when you are a +7 then you are a tool. IT IS YOUR FAULT ... no one else's

• Like 2

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @Bluefan75 said:

> I think people need to be reset as to what is "passion" and what is d-baggery. Someone on the tennis forum tried to explain that someone who breaks their racquet is not a drama queen, but "has passion." No, they're a drama queen. Same with this. Even though the caddie is essentially a servant, does not give one the right to treat them as though they are beneath them.

>

> Had Wallace grown up playing a more head-to-head sport, I suspect there wouldn't have been a second time for an outburst like this, since the butt-kicking he got after the first time would have taught him a lesson. I know we're supposed to be more enlightened, above violence and all that psychobabble, but a right cross to the jaw would have straightened Wallace out in heartbeat.

>

> (Yes that would have brought other issues into play, for the caddie-although a case could almost be made for provocation- but still, Wallace wouldn't do it again I would be willing to wager.)

Serious question. Not an argument. A question. I’m genuinely curious of other folks thoughts.

So anyone answer.

To the points you made. When in that type competition situation where failure comes. Do you feel the urge to react ,break a club/racket , explode , or any other thing that you’d see as a negative ? Or do you just not have that urge ? I’m curious if most people have the urge and control it , or are most devoid of that urge ?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @cardoustie said:

> **There's lots of golfers like this**, just not at the top levels of the game

> No excuse for his actions and temper and also treating another person this way, especially a caddy who is there to help you

> As posters have said. You are the pro. You have 140 over water into a 1 club wind. If you can't hit a knock down shot with an 8 iron that flies 145 when you are a +7 then you are a tool. IT IS YOUR FAULT ... no one else's

Just last year I think (forget the event) Rhein Gibson was berating his caddie and threw a headcover at him.

Oh, and "water on the clubface bro" never gets old.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

> @"the bishop" said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > **There's lots of golfers like this**, just not at the top levels of the game

> > No excuse for his actions and temper and also treating another person this way, especially a caddy who is there to help you

> > As posters have said. You are the pro. You have 140 over water into a 1 club wind. If you can't hit a knock down shot with an 8 iron that flies 145 when you are a +7 then you are a tool. IT IS YOUR FAULT ... no one else's

>

> Just last year I think (forget the event) Rhein Gibson was berating his caddie and threw a headcover at him.

>

> Oh, and "water on the clubface bro" never gets old.

It's a personality deficiency that some males have. It's never their fault EVER. Upbringing or something went sideways along the way

EvnRoll ER9

> @buckeyefl said:

> Your size scares women? Passive brag? lol just messing but controlled rage is the best for golf. Of course the trick is finding that line but when you do it can be quite useful.

Sorry I need to back up my buddy @bladehunter here.

As a 6'2" guy at 265 ... he is right. I've actually been told by women that my size intimidates them. Women I know and strangers

EvnRoll ER9

> @Bluefan75 said:

> I think people need to be reset as to what is "passion" and what is d-baggery. Someone on the tennis forum tried to explain that someone who breaks their racquet is not a drama queen, but "has passion." No, they're a drama queen. Same with this. Even though the caddie is essentially a servant, does not give one the right to treat them as though they are beneath them.

>

> Had Wallace grown up playing a more head-to-head sport, I suspect there wouldn't have been a second time for an outburst like this, since the butt-kicking he got after the first time would have taught him a lesson. I know we're supposed to be more enlightened, above violence and all that psychobabble, **but a right cross to the jaw would have straightened Wallace out in heartbeat.**

>

> (Yes that would have brought other issues into play, for the caddie-although a case could almost be made for provocation- but still, Wallace wouldn't do it again I would be willing to wager.)

A good smack in the mouth taught me some valuable life lessons growing up. I'd feel a little different about this matter if his caddie was his own age. The fact that he is a much older gentleman really bothers me. No respect for his elders obviously. Either way, the behavior is flat out awful and unprofessional. Caddie should have told him to piss off and walked off the course.

To be fair, he did act like a petulant lil fella, but its impossible to judge the circumstances. I dont care very much about bitching someone out, but what really bothers me here is the physical intimidation and his approach towards the looper. Its one thing to cry about a "bad break" like J.Spieth does, but getting into the loopers personal space, looking down on him in a menacing way is absolute BS.

Classy guy. Is this happening more nowadays, or are we just seeing it more due to better tv coverage? Dave McNeilly is a well respected, seasoned veteran caddie. How about just respecting other people in general, let alone your caddie. If I'd spoken that way to a gentleman over twice my age, I would have expected a 7 iron across my ear.

• Like 1

hopefully someone will have a quiet word with him.

It would have been 100% Wallace’s decision to take that shot on.

Taylormade Sim 2 Max - 10.5 Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR3 - @15.75 Tensei 1K Black 75X
Titleist TSR3 Hybrid - @20 Tensei 1K Black 85X

Titleist 620 CB  - 4 iron - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist 620 MB - 5-pw - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 - 52.08, 56D & 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
Titleist - Pro V1

> @bladehunter said:

> > @buckeye440 said:

> > I hate **** like this. I hate when players talk about "we" did great/bad. It just allows players to shift the blame when they lose. Caddies contributions to the game are way overrated. Who caddied for Jack, Arnie, Tom Watson, Jones, Hagen, Hogan, Sarazen? 99.9999% of golfers have no idea. I mean could anybody tell me the caddies for the top 5 OWGR players right now? Does it really matter if the caddie says the shot is 140-145 or 142 yards exactly? I would argue no, do to the fact that >50% of the time they do even hit it into that 5 yard range during tournaments. These guys have hit hundreds of thousands to millions shots before, they can pretty accurately judge the distance/feel the distance without even looking at a yardage book/marker. ****, I can do it. So if you come up 10 yards short and hit it into the drink, that is all on the player.

>

>

> Nah. I disagree. That’s just the get off my lawn coming out. And I speak grumpy old man fluently. Not meant to offend as I don’t even know or care to know your age. Just saying I understand. But it just isn’t reality.

>

> I’d love for your version to be reality. Blades and persimmon for everybody. Outlaw yardage devices and books , and any hollow club. Period. Suits me just fine. But it isn’t today’s game. Most of the players you name , if born today would have a top notch caddie and we’d know their names. Why ? It’s worth more than a few shots over the season for certain.

I don't think I am that old (32), at least I hope not grumpy old man old. You really think caddies make that big of a difference? Think Tiger would be +/- 3 majors with a different caddie? (Obviously unknowable). I just don't buy into the hole caddie being that integral.

> I’d love for your version to be reality. Blades and persimmon for everybody. Outlaw yardage devices and books , and any hollow club.

I more of a super narrow fairways, mowing the rough once a week, fluffy sand that allows shots to be buried type of guy.

> @payerasjl said:

> To be fair, he did act like a petulant lil fella, but its impossible to judge the circumstances. I dont care very much about bitching someone out, but what really bothers me here is the physical intimidation and his approach towards the looper. Its one thing to cry about a "bad break" like J.Spieth does, but getting into the loopers personal space, looking down on him in a menacing way is absolute BS.

It seems the physical thing bothered a lot of people according to some of the comments I read. I don't think the cameras caught everything the fans caught.

> @buckeye440 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @buckeye440 said:

> > > I hate **** like this. I hate when players talk about "we" did great/bad. It just allows players to shift the blame when they lose. Caddies contributions to the game are way overrated. Who caddied for Jack, Arnie, Tom Watson, Jones, Hagen, Hogan, Sarazen? 99.9999% of golfers have no idea. I mean could anybody tell me the caddies for the top 5 OWGR players right now? Does it really matter if the caddie says the shot is 140-145 or 142 yards exactly? I would argue no, do to the fact that >50% of the time they do even hit it into that 5 yard range during tournaments. These guys have hit hundreds of thousands to millions shots before, they can pretty accurately judge the distance/feel the distance without even looking at a yardage book/marker. ****, I can do it. So if you come up 10 yards short and hit it into the drink, that is all on the player.

> >

> >

> > Nah. I disagree. That’s just the get off my lawn coming out. And I speak grumpy old man fluently. Not meant to offend as I don’t even know or care to know your age. Just saying I understand. But it just isn’t reality.

> >

> > I’d love for your version to be reality. Blades and persimmon for everybody. Outlaw yardage devices and books , and any hollow club. Period. Suits me just fine. But it isn’t today’s game. Most of the players you name , if born today would have a top notch caddie and we’d know their names. Why ? It’s worth more than a few shots over the season for certain.

>

> I don't think I am that old (32), at least I hope not grumpy old man old. You really think caddies make that big of a difference? Think Tiger would be +/- 3 majors with a different caddie? (Obviously unknowable). I just don't buy into the hole caddie being that integral.

>

> > I’d love for your version to be reality. Blades and persimmon for everybody. Outlaw yardage devices and books , and any hollow club.

>

> I more of a super narrow fairways, mowing the rough once a week, fluffy sand that allows shots to be buried type of guy.

Caddies range from extremely valuable to just someone carrying the bag. You can't discount them as a whole because reality shows that they do help some players quite a bit. Using the best player in the world with all of his majors isnt going to get you a realistic answer to the question. Try asking those with one win or just a few. Yes the player hits the shot but I guarantee you there is a reason players pick the caddies they have and many would tell you how important they are to their tour success.

its not a good look for sure

that being said I can't tell anything from that video and if the caddy made a mistake it could have cost Matt Wallace a lot of ? (and the caddy a fraction of that cash) This is the big league mistakes are not accepted, sometimes your going to get dumped on if you make a mistake and that's just a reality.

Again not knowing the situation makes it hard to judge

Ping 425 Max Tour Shaft X 75g 

TSI 4 Wood (3 wood smoke shaft)

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

> @buckeye440 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @buckeye440 said:

> > > I hate **** like this. I hate when players talk about "we" did great/bad. It just allows players to shift the blame when they lose. Caddies contributions to the game are way overrated. Who caddied for Jack, Arnie, Tom Watson, Jones, Hagen, Hogan, Sarazen? 99.9999% of golfers have no idea. I mean could anybody tell me the caddies for the top 5 OWGR players right now? Does it really matter if the caddie says the shot is 140-145 or 142 yards exactly? I would argue no, do to the fact that >50% of the time they do even hit it into that 5 yard range during tournaments. These guys have hit hundreds of thousands to millions shots before, they can pretty accurately judge the distance/feel the distance without even looking at a yardage book/marker. ****, I can do it. So if you come up 10 yards short and hit it into the drink, that is all on the player.

> >

> >

> > Nah. I disagree. That’s just the get off my lawn coming out. And I speak grumpy old man fluently. Not meant to offend as I don’t even know or care to know your age. Just saying I understand. But it just isn’t reality.

> >

> > I’d love for your version to be reality. Blades and persimmon for everybody. Outlaw yardage devices and books , and any hollow club. Period. Suits me just fine. But it isn’t today’s game. Most of the players you name , if born today would have a top notch caddie and we’d know their names. Why ? It’s worth more than a few shots over the season for certain.

>

> I don't think I am that old (32), at least I hope not grumpy old man old. You really think caddies make that big of a difference? Think Tiger would be +/- 3 majors with a different caddie? (Obviously unknowable). I just don't buy into the hole caddie being that integral.

>

> > I’d love for your version to be reality. Blades and persimmon for everybody. Outlaw yardage devices and books , and any hollow club.

>

> I more of a super narrow fairways, mowing the rough once a week, fluffy sand that allows shots to be buried type of guy.

That is a very player dependent question IMO. No Tiger wouldn't even be +/- 1 major. But Tiger is arguably (toss up between him and Jack IMO) the greatest golf strategist with the highest golf IQ to ever play. He is also arguably the best ever at calming his heart rate and his mind before he hits every shot. He's been meditating since he was 3yo and worked with an Olympic coach as a young junior to learn to control his breathing and heart rate. He uses caddies for very little beyond the numbers. Other players who are not only not the best to ever live at those things, but are actually weak at them (by tour standards) can get potentially career changing benefit from a great caddy.

With all that said I agree with your overall sentiment that caddies are given too much emphasis overall and I also very much appreciate your course set up preferences ;)

> @"PopIt&DropIt" said:

> > @buckeye440 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @buckeye440 said:

> > > > I hate **** like this. I hate when players talk about "we" did great/bad. It just allows players to shift the blame when they lose. Caddies contributions to the game are way overrated. Who caddied for Jack, Arnie, Tom Watson, Jones, Hagen, Hogan, Sarazen? 99.9999% of golfers have no idea. I mean could anybody tell me the caddies for the top 5 OWGR players right now? Does it really matter if the caddie says the shot is 140-145 or 142 yards exactly? I would argue no, do to the fact that >50% of the time they do even hit it into that 5 yard range during tournaments. These guys have hit hundreds of thousands to millions shots before, they can pretty accurately judge the distance/feel the distance without even looking at a yardage book/marker. ****, I can do it. So if you come up 10 yards short and hit it into the drink, that is all on the player.

> > >

> > >

> > > Nah. I disagree. That’s just the get off my lawn coming out. And I speak grumpy old man fluently. Not meant to offend as I don’t even know or care to know your age. Just saying I understand. But it just isn’t reality.

> > >

> > > I’d love for your version to be reality. Blades and persimmon for everybody. Outlaw yardage devices and books , and any hollow club. Period. Suits me just fine. But it isn’t today’s game. Most of the players you name , if born today would have a top notch caddie and we’d know their names. Why ? It’s worth more than a few shots over the season for certain.

> >

> > I don't think I am that old (32), at least I hope not grumpy old man old. You really think caddies make that big of a difference? Think Tiger would be +/- 3 majors with a different caddie? (Obviously unknowable). I just don't buy into the hole caddie being that integral.

> >

> > > I’d love for your version to be reality. Blades and persimmon for everybody. Outlaw yardage devices and books , and any hollow club.

> >

> > I more of a super narrow fairways, mowing the rough once a week, fluffy sand that allows shots to be buried type of guy.

>

> That is a very player dependent question IMO. No Tiger wouldn't even be +/- 1 major. But Tiger is arguably (toss up between him and Jack IMO) the greatest golf strategist with the highest golf IQ to ever play. He is also arguably the best ever at calming his heart rate and his mind before he hits every shot. He's been meditating since he was 3yo and worked with an Olympic coach as a young junior to learn to control his breathing and heart rate. He uses caddies for very little beyond the numbers. Other players who are not only not the best to ever live at those things, but are actually weak at them (by tour standards) can get potentially career changing benefit from a great caddy.

>

> With all that said I agree with your overall sentiment that caddies are given too much emphasis overall and I also very much appreciate your course set up preferences ;)

He uses caddies for far more than that. Some people are focusing on just the physical things and forgetting a whole lot of other things that caddies do. Do you think he would have the same record with you carrying his bag?

> @c7015 said:

> its not a good look for sure

>

> that being said I can't tell anything from that video and if the caddy made a mistake it could have cost Matt Wallace a lot of ? (and the caddy a fraction of that cash) This is the big league mistakes are not accepted, sometimes your going to get dumped on if you make a mistake and that's just a reality.

>

> Again not knowing the situation makes it hard to judge

Look up his history, his caddies history and his recent activity and its really not hard at all.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> > Your size scares women? Passive brag? lol just messing but controlled rage is the best for golf. Of course the trick is finding that line but when you do it can be quite useful.

>

> Lol. You know what I mean !!

>

> Example. I do most of the grocery shopping as I am also the house chef. So I’m in the store minding my own business and you get to going down the same isles with a lady. After the 2nd or 3rd isle one of two things happens. Either she starts to look panicked ( like she’s being followed ) or starts making eye contact. Neither response am I interested in. Lol. So I have to make a conscious effort to skip back and forth to avoid this.

>

> Don’t even get me started on being a fast walker in a deserted store or street. It starts early on. My kid is 10. 5ft 2 121lbs. Not huge. But definitely big for a 10 ( nearly 11) year old boy. Wears a 9.5 men’s shoe etc. moms who don’t know him don’t want him playing with their 10 year olds. lol. We get it all the time. I’m constantly saying. “ he’s only 10 “. So consequently in sports he plays on the 12 year old team in basketball and baseball.

>

> Anyway. End Segway

yes, blade but can your kid play on the varsity high school golf team at that age like JB Holmes?? get to work!!

> @buckeyefl said:

> _"Wallace reacted a similar way with his caddie McNeilly several weeks ago when throwing away the Betfred British Masters on the closing holes, and he came under yet more criticism from golf fans when thumping his putter into the green after missing his must-make birdie putt on the final hole.

>

> Hours later, Wallace sat down with the Evening Standard where he writes a regular blog to immediately apologise for his "petulant" actions during the final round.

>

> "The best players in the world don't do that so why should I," wrote Wallace. "That's not who I am and, in that moment, it was just pure passion to win."_

>

> _In the case of Wallace, you could argue he is still maturing into an all-round golfer. _

>

> No I couldnt argue that as he is a 29 year old man. Apparently contrary to what he says, that is him. He probably should see a professional unless he wants to keep thowing away tournaments, losing sponsors and avoid the impending come to Jesus moment that someone is going to present him with in the near future.

I don't understand when people "that's not who I am." If you do it under pressure, it's who you are. What you do when you're advisors are around telling you how to act ISN'T you. When it's just you and you're emotions, that's you. This is who Matt Wallace is. Can he change? Of course. But as of now, he's showing no signs of it.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

When I was playing, I was an asshat at times. Looking back, I don’t believe I ever took it out on anyone else, but I was absurdly angry sometimes. I could break clubs, language etc.

I directed it at myself and really it didn’t help me in my career, that’s for sure.

But looking back from my old man porch, i was always too stressed out and incredibly anxious all the time. I had panic attacks, and pretty severe anxiety. Just travelling was a chore mentally, and trying to keep my card and get somewhere always got me on edge.

Not making excuses, I was a jackass at times. I never was able to get past it. Looking back, the professional golf life was probably a bit too much for me. I still want to compete, but don’t miss the crazy that golf brought to me these days

• Like 1

What the caddie should do is the next time Wallace has an outburst like that towards him, simply put the bag down and walk off the course, Tin Cup style. Make the POS carry his own bag. If he's a solid looper, he'll have no trouble finding other work. Wallace, meanwhile, would probably have a hard time finding an established caddie.

> @musclefront said:

> Didn't Jack say the 3 UP rules of a caddie are 1) show up 2) keep up 3) shut up

His most famous caddie, Angelo Argea, didn't select clubs or come up with the yardages. He was told to remind Jack of two things" there are plenty of holes left and Jack is the best golfer."

I imagine the responsibilities of a caddie are a bit more numerous these days from statistician to psychologist to bouncer.... "be nice Stevie"