Music on the course - I'm turning against it after supporting it

> @bubbagump said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

>

> > The only balance that is acceptible is to not invade the space of others with your music.

> >

>

> Im sure they are developing a safe space golf course somewhere that should be opening soon.

It will have fences around it and only certain people will be allowed in. Wait...

Here's a sweet setup for our younger hip friends. No way you could be ignored using this bad boy. It screams "Look at me."

bv1dcqajxncg.jpg

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

> @ctsgolf said:

> Before I leave this cancerous thread, I just thought I'd chime in that I would rather play golf with a couple chill dudes listening to music than any of the entitled, self absorbed "get off my lawn" type players posting in this thread.

The reverse is also true. Chill dude. Lol.

Listening to music and playing golf is two separate activities. Would you bake cookies while swimming in the pool ? How about drinking beer during your DUI court date ? Some things just do not mix.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bubbagump said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

>

> > The only balance that is acceptible is to not invade the space of others with your music.

> >

>

> Im sure they are developing a safe space golf course somewhere that should be opening soon.

The irony in that post is truly epic.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @ctsgolf said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > > @ctsgolf said:

> > > Before I leave this cancerous thread, I just thought I'd chime in that I would rather play golf with a couple chill dudes listening to music than any of the entitled, self absorbed "get off my lawn" type players posting in this thread.

> >

> > So if someone yelled, "Miss it Noonan!" right before you hit a putt, would objecting make you an "entitled self absorbed get off my lawn type player"? Or is it all good as far as you're concerned?

>

> This is an entirely different scenario. This is a blatant attempt to disrupt your timing and focus in an effort to negatively impact your shot. Someone listening to music on the course, albeit maybe a little bit too loud for courtesy sake, likely isn't even thinking about you or trying to impact your game at all. Being the "entitled self absorbed get off my lawn type player", their listening to music is something you don't like, and therefore it's a problem and they shouldn't be allowed to do it.

>

> Also, I've never seen anyone on a golf course blasting music from a speaker like the one OP posted. Sure, I've overheard people listening to music from time to time, but if you're playing golf courses where people are blasting music from a $250 JBL speaker to the point that you feel the need to complain on a golf forum, you should probably pick another goat pasture to play at.

Serious question. Do yo our anyone else think that people complain about music that can’t be heard ?? It’s a puzzling thing. It’s claimed many times that music players don’t play to a level that can be heard outside their group. And yet. Other groups complain. How do they know music is playing if they cannot hear it ? Hmmm

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Well said Dcohenour, nail on the head. Lots of people just don't give a F anymore and behave however they please.

We had a group behind us last week playing music. They pulled up their cart alongside 2nd green and I could hear something as I stood on #3 tee box. I couldn't pick out the song so it was acceptable low volume, and I thought "dude looks like my age, at least there's a chance the songs won't suck"

Later in the round they zoomed by on the other fairway and I picked out the song/group in a second "ah, Tragically Hip...that's fine"

Just a quick couple of bars in passing, no big deal.

Then as we stood on 18 they pulled up alongside 17th green and I turned to hear some awful pop-rappy noise with ridiculous high frequency sounds blipity-blopping away. I was like "dude, how old are you??? Is that your teenage son's playlist?"

This was the first time it bothered me but I had already tee'd off so no worries. I still shot a look of disgust their way...for the song that is, not the volume.

In conclusion I don't want to hear any music on the course, even if it's good. There's a time and place for everything, why oh why must the golf course now become another venue for cranking tunes?

Music on the golf course is purely an extension of a larger issue that rears its ugly head in almost every other aspect of day to day life...an overwhelming amount of entitlement. The lack of consideration and respect for another is at an all time high with no signs of improving in the near future. When did subjecting your fellow man(or woman) to your bull**** become a great idea? Perhaps the better question is why should anyone have to be accepting of it?

> @ctsgolf said:

> Before I leave this cancerous thread, I just thought I'd chime in that I would rather play golf with a couple chill dudes listening to music than any of the entitled, self absorbed "get off my lawn" type players posting in this thread.

Think the above logic is a little warped. The individual who just paid their hard earned money with the intention of enjoying a once peaceful hobby and perhaps taking in the natural surroundings and everything it has to offer is not the "entitled" portion of the golfing community. In summary, feel free to step on my lawn, just don't sh** on it out of a lack of respect and then try to justify it.

By all means, listen to your precious music. Listen to your music through headphones or ear buds and don't ruin the experience for those who didn't sign up for your super awesome playlist of the day.

• Like 1

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @ctsgolf said:

> > Before I leave this cancerous thread, I just thought I'd chime in that I would rather play golf with a couple chill dudes listening to music than any of the entitled, self absorbed "get off my lawn" type players posting in this thread.

>

> What about the entitled, self absorbed "get off my lawn" type players who also play their music loudly? Do you like to play with them?

Or who like to have loud phone conversations with "the office" while on the course? I remember putting on one green while a guy about 100 feet away on another tee was jabbering on his phone in a voice that was clearly disruptive to others. I whistled to him and put my fingers to my lips, and in return he pointed his index finger in the air and waved it around while looking at me in the universal gesture of "just a couple more minutes. I'm almost done here."' Nice. How considerate. He didn't even lower his voice.

FORE RIGHT!!!!

> @Lodestone said:

> Probably the most effective way to deal with the issue is for those who don't like the music to buy the big loud speakers and blare their own personal choices (Jerry Vale comes to mind) and make it so obnoxious that the courses have to do something about it. Handguns may come in handy.

A little Jefferson Starship should do the trick at about 110db.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> Is this a new backwoods phenomenon??

> I’ve never seen or heard of music being played by golfers and think that I would pull a Animal House John Belushi moment and take that speaker and throw it down on the cart path if I heard music playing on the course.

I would have said exactly what you're saying five years ago.

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> Is this a new backwoods phenomenon??

> I’ve never seen or heard of music being played by golfers and think that I would pull a Animal House John Belushi moment and take that speaker and throw it down on the cart path if I heard music playing on the course.

You must not live in the U.S.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @Dudee said:

> Music on the golf course is purely an extension of a larger issue that rears its ugly head in almost every other aspect of day to day life...an overwhelming amount of entitlement. The lack of consideration and respect for another is at an all time high with no signs of improving in the near future. When did subjecting your fellow man(or woman) to your bull**** become a great idea? Perhaps the better question is why should anyone have to be accepting of it?

>

> > @ctsgolf said:

> > Before I leave this cancerous thread, I just thought I'd chime in that I would rather play golf with a couple chill dudes listening to music than any of the entitled, self absorbed "get off my lawn" type players posting in this thread.

>

> Think the above logic is a little warped. The individual who just paid their hard earned money with the intention of enjoying a once peaceful hobby and perhaps taking in the natural surroundings and everything it has to offer is not the "entitled" portion of the golfing community. In summary, feel free to step on my lawn, just don't sh** on it out of a lack of respect and then try to justify it.

> By all means, listen to your precious music. Listen to your music through headphones or ear buds and don't ruin the experience for those who didn't sign up for your super awesome playlist of the day.

This is spot on. Everyone feels they have a right to do whatever they want and there is no consideration for anyone or anything else. Its an 'all about me' society now. Who do we have to thank for that? There is no moral center any longer.

• Like 2

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

> @RSinSG said:

> Here's a sweet setup for our younger hip friends. No way you could be ignored using this bad boy. It screams "Look at me."

>

> bv1dcqajxncg.jpg

>

What I really like about this set up is that when I play my Best of Jerry Vale, the ~~noise~~er...music...will be directed away from me, so others can appreciate it more. Even more than I.

FORE RIGHT!!!!

No one in the UK does this, I mean not a single person. Unless you're a total bum on a municipal course long after the ranger has gone home.

Looks like a real opinion splitter, but since alot of my rounds are competitive I've never seen it over here, not in Scotland anyway. Clubs would freak out.

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • EVNROLL 2.2 35' Super Stroke GTR 1.0

> @TheInfidel said:

> No one in the UK does this, I mean not a single person. Unless you're a total bum on a municipal course long after the ranger has gone home.

> Looks like a real opinion splitter, but since alot of my rounds are competitive I've never seen it over here, not in Scotland anyway. Clubs would freak out.

Just hope this American habit doesnt make its way across the pond. Its really effing annoying to be honest.

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @TheInfidel said:

> > No one in the UK does this, .....

>

> Yet.

>

> There are self-absorbed idiots in every part of the world. This plague will arrive in the UK some day.

>

Better hope it doesn't hitch a ride along with the World Handicap System.

it occurs to me that anyone who thinks it's ok to play their music on the course loud enough for anyone else to hear it should be OK with hearing me sing while they putt. I do a dead solid knock off of Bobby Darin's "Mack the Knife" complete with all of Bobby Darin's ad-lib inflections. At least I think it's dead solid. I've been told by those with less refined ears that it's not, but it really doesn't matter as long as it sounds good to me, right?

• Like 2

FORE RIGHT!!!!

> @Lodestone said:

> it occurs to me that anyone who thinks it's ok to play their music on the course loud enough for anyone else to hear it should be OK with hearing me sing while they putt. I do a dead solid knock off of Bobby Darin's "Mack the Knife" complete with all of Bobby Darin's ad-lib inflections. At least I think it's dead solid. I've been told by those with less refined ears that it's not, but it really doesn't matter as long as it sounds good to me, right?

Can you also play the banjo?

> @"North Butte" said:

> > @Lodestone said:

> > it occurs to me that anyone who thinks it's ok to play their music on the course loud enough for anyone else to hear it should be OK with hearing me sing while they putt. I do a dead solid knock off of Bobby Darin's "Mack the Knife" complete with all of Bobby Darin's ad-lib inflections. At least I think it's dead solid. I've been told by those with less refined ears that it's not, but it really doesn't matter as long as it sounds good to me, right?

>

> Can you also play the banjo?

I wouldn't want to intrude on anyone's ability to concentrate.

FORE RIGHT!!!!

I played a course this past weekend (Texas Hill Country Resort Course, $100+ green fees). They had build in GPS in the carts, and on both sides of the GPS screens were speakers. You could connect your phone to the bluetooth through the GPS Screen. We tried it, but the volume steps were terrible, and you could not fine tune volume through the phone. It was either so quiet we couldnt hear it in the cart, or so loud it was annoying even to us in the cart (let alone anyone within earshot). I like the concept (I love playing in the quiet listening to the sounds of nature, and I also have no problem listening to music when I play), but the execution needed some tweaking.

> @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > @Dudee said:

> > Music on the golf course is purely an extension of a larger issue that rears its ugly head in almost every other aspect of day to day life...an overwhelming amount of entitlement. The lack of consideration and respect for another is at an all time high with no signs of improving in the near future. When did subjecting your fellow man(or woman) to your bull**** become a great idea? Perhaps the better question is why should anyone have to be accepting of it?

> >

> > > @ctsgolf said:

> > > Before I leave this cancerous thread, I just thought I'd chime in that I would rather play golf with a couple chill dudes listening to music than any of the entitled, self absorbed "get off my lawn" type players posting in this thread.

> >

> > Think the above logic is a little warped. The individual who just paid their hard earned money with the intention of enjoying a once peaceful hobby and perhaps taking in the natural surroundings and everything it has to offer is not the "entitled" portion of the golfing community. In summary, feel free to step on my lawn, just don't sh** on it out of a lack of respect and then try to justify it.

> > By all means, listen to your precious music. Listen to your music through headphones or ear buds and don't ruin the experience for those who didn't sign up for your super awesome playlist of the day.

>

> This is spot on. Everyone feels they have a right to do whatever they want and there is no consideration for anyone or anything else. Its an 'all about me' society now. Who do we have to thank for that? There is no moral center any longer.

Oh, boy. Here we go with an implied diatribe about the decline of civilization. Thank goodness that discussion won’t last long on Golfwrx.

> @matthewb said:

> > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > > @Dudee said:

> > > Music on the golf course is purely an extension of a larger issue that rears its ugly head in almost every other aspect of day to day life...an overwhelming amount of entitlement. The lack of consideration and respect for another is at an all time high with no signs of improving in the near future. When did subjecting your fellow man(or woman) to your bull**** become a great idea? Perhaps the better question is why should anyone have to be accepting of it?

> > >

> > > > @ctsgolf said:

> > > > Before I leave this cancerous thread, I just thought I'd chime in that I would rather play golf with a couple chill dudes listening to music than any of the entitled, self absorbed "get off my lawn" type players posting in this thread.

> > >

> > > Think the above logic is a little warped. The individual who just paid their hard earned money with the intention of enjoying a once peaceful hobby and perhaps taking in the natural surroundings and everything it has to offer is not the "entitled" portion of the golfing community. In summary, feel free to step on my lawn, just don't sh** on it out of a lack of respect and then try to justify it.

> > > By all means, listen to your precious music. Listen to your music through headphones or ear buds and don't ruin the experience for those who didn't sign up for your super awesome playlist of the day.

> >

> > This is spot on. Everyone feels they have a right to do whatever they want and there is no consideration for anyone or anything else. Its an 'all about me' society now. Who do we have to thank for that? There is no moral center any longer.

>

> Oh, boy. Here we go with an implied diatribe about the decline of civilization. Thank goodness that discussion won’t last long on Golfwrx.

>

>

Calm down there chief.

(please dont go on the twitter machine and tell everyone how offended you are)

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

> @matthewb said:

> > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > > @Dudee said:

> > > Music on the golf course is purely an extension of a larger issue that rears its ugly head in almost every other aspect of day to day life...an overwhelming amount of entitlement. The lack of consideration and respect for another is at an all time high with no signs of improving in the near future. When did subjecting your fellow man(or woman) to your bull**** become a great idea? Perhaps the better question is why should anyone have to be accepting of it?

> > >

> > > > @ctsgolf said:

> > > > Before I leave this cancerous thread, I just thought I'd chime in that I would rather play golf with a couple chill dudes listening to music than any of the entitled, self absorbed "get off my lawn" type players posting in this thread.

> > >

> > > Think the above logic is a little warped. The individual who just paid their hard earned money with the intention of enjoying a once peaceful hobby and perhaps taking in the natural surroundings and everything it has to offer is not the "entitled" portion of the golfing community. In summary, feel free to step on my lawn, just don't sh** on it out of a lack of respect and then try to justify it.

> > > By all means, listen to your precious music. Listen to your music through headphones or ear buds and don't ruin the experience for those who didn't sign up for your super awesome playlist of the day.

> >

> > This is spot on. Everyone feels they have a right to do whatever they want and there is no consideration for anyone or anything else. Its an 'all about me' society now. Who do we have to thank for that? There is no moral center any longer.

>

> Oh, boy. Here we go with an implied diatribe about the decline of civilization. Thank goodness that discussion won’t last long on Golfwrx.

>

>

I'm not too sure it's possible to imply a diatribe.

FORE RIGHT!!!!

> @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > @matthewb said:

> > > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > > > @Dudee said:

> > > > Music on the golf course is purely an extension of a larger issue that rears its ugly head in almost every other aspect of day to day life...an overwhelming amount of entitlement. The lack of consideration and respect for another is at an all time high with no signs of improving in the near future. When did subjecting your fellow man(or woman) to your bull**** become a great idea? Perhaps the better question is why should anyone have to be accepting of it?

> > > >

> > > > > @ctsgolf said:

> > > > > Before I leave this cancerous thread, I just thought I'd chime in that I would rather play golf with a couple chill dudes listening to music than any of the entitled, self absorbed "get off my lawn" type players posting in this thread.

> > > >

> > > > Think the above logic is a little warped. The individual who just paid their hard earned money with the intention of enjoying a once peaceful hobby and perhaps taking in the natural surroundings and everything it has to offer is not the "entitled" portion of the golfing community. In summary, feel free to step on my lawn, just don't sh** on it out of a lack of respect and then try to justify it.

> > > > By all means, listen to your precious music. Listen to your music through headphones or ear buds and don't ruin the experience for those who didn't sign up for your super awesome playlist of the day.

> > >

> > > This is spot on. Everyone feels they have a right to do whatever they want and there is no consideration for anyone or anything else. Its an 'all about me' society now. Who do we have to thank for that? There is no moral center any longer.

> >

> > Oh, boy. Here we go with an implied diatribe about the decline of civilization. Thank goodness that discussion won’t last long on Golfwrx.

> >

> >

>

> Calm down there chief.

>

> (please dont go on the twitter machine and tell everyone how offended you are)

Not offended in the least.

I’m always amused to hear explanations (almost always in the form of a diatribe) as to why “there’s no moral center any longer.” It makes for good entertainment.