2019 Titleist T100 irons

Although I really prefer the looks of the AP3, I will probably wait to see the T100s and T200s in person to buy them (if I end up liking them). Just got AP1s a few months back and I love how easy it is to hit them, but ball flight is extremely high, im actually a club shorter with AP1s than with Nike Forged Pro Combos (15 year old club)

I'm not big on the cosmetics, but the pics from the playing position look great! In general the Titleist head shape is my favorite, and I love the reduced offset and thinner top line. These could pass for muscle backs from that view.

• Like 1

Rogue ST LS 10.5 | TSi2 15 | G425 4H 20.5 | ZX4 4 | ZX5 5-P | CBX ZC 48 & 52.5 | Glide 2.0 Stealth 58 | Itsy Bitsy Spider | TP5x

Funny that nobody likes the look of these. I'll be the first to say in three pages of this thread I **LOVE** the look of these, and that's from someone who plays MB's. Maybe it's just me but they look slightly thinner than the AP2? maybe trying to make room now that there are three irons apart from the MB's and CB's and with forgiveness making leaps and bounds they may be able to narrow the sole, which is a good move for the people playing these irons as a players iron and not a game improvement iron. I love the AP2's, they are very easy to hit and very straight, I just can't get the launch and turf interaction I need out of them as a lower handicapper. Honestly though, apart from the 714 AP2's these are the best looking aesthetically from the cavity and the best from playing position thus far IMO.

Titleist TSR2 10* Ventus Black 6X
Ping 430 LST 15* Ventus Black 7X

Ping G430 Max 5w ADIZ 8X 
Titleist U500 4 DG TI X100
Titleist T100 5-Pw DG TI S400
Titleist SM9 Raw 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04T DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X7
WITB

> @Luke7 said:

> Funny that nobody likes the look of these. I'll be the first to say in three pages of this thread I **LOVE** the look of these, and that's from someone who plays MB's. Maybe it's just me but they look slightly thinner than the AP2? maybe trying to make room now that there are three irons apart from the MB's and CB's and with forgiveness making leaps and bounds they may be able to narrow the sole, which is a good move for the people playing these irons as a players iron and not a game improvement iron. I love the AP2's, they are very easy to hit and very straight, I just can't get the launch and turf interaction I need out of them as a lower handicapper. Honestly though, apart from the 714 AP2's these are the best looking aesthetically from the cavity and the best from playing position thus far IMO.

THANK YOU! I think they look sick. I have the 718 AP2s, and still want to try these out to see the difference. Doesn't mean I'll buy them, but if they're noticeably better, I'll do it

> @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> I think they look fine. I am more concerned about the spin rate. Hopefully these don’t spin as much as past AP2’s.

Yes this!! Anyone hit these yet? Any confirmation of spin on these?

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

> @mtex22 said:

> > @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> > I think they look fine. I am more concerned about the spin rate. Hopefully these don’t spin as much as past AP2’s.

>

> Yes this!! Anyone hit these yet? Any confirmation of spin on these?

>

>

I will say the 718 AP2 has been the best AP2 I've ever tried. Typically they went too high and spun way too much for me. The 718's changed that for me. Been testing them a bit and have been impressed

Nothing is safe in my bag!

> @davo32683 said:

> > @mtex22 said:

> > > @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> > > I think they look fine. I am more concerned about the spin rate. Hopefully these don’t spin as much as past AP2’s.

> >

> > Yes this!! Anyone hit these yet? Any confirmation of spin on these?

> >

> >

>

> I will say the 718 AP2 has been the best AP2 I've ever tried. Typically they went too high and spun way too much for me. The 718's changed that for me. Been testing them a bit and have been impressed

I get that but to me even the 718 AP2 had more spin than most. Meaning I was about 1/2 club to a club shorter than other offering's. I also get that the pro's need as much spin as they can get to hold the green they play but the average consumer needs carry distance and the greens we play can hold lower spin irons with the exception of a few courses here and there. So I hope they appealed to the masses and got their new line apples to apples in distance. If I can hit the T100 8 iron a comfortable 150 then they will be in my bag. If I have to hit a T100 7 iron to go 150 no thanks! I have a feeling with the success of their drivers they hopefully also tweaked their iron line to be on par.

Ok > @mtex22 said:

> > @davo32683 said:

> > > @mtex22 said:

> > > > @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> > > > I think they look fine. I am more concerned about the spin rate. Hopefully these don’t spin as much as past AP2’s.

> > >

> > > Yes this!! Anyone hit these yet? Any confirmation of spin on these?

> > >

> > >

> >

. If I have to hit a T100 7 iron to go 150 no thanks! .

>

>

I have had my 718 AP2’s for about 6 months. They are by far the most consistent irons in terms of yardage I’ve ever played. I know a full PW for me is right at 125 yards +\- a couple yards. They have given me the confidence to go after pins in a way I never dared in the past. Ask me if I care if another guy hits the same club 140.

Point being, if the design gives you the most consistent results, why would you care what number is on the bottom?

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

> @Jarlaxle said:

> Ok > @mtex22 said:

> > > @davo32683 said:

> > > > @mtex22 said:

> > > > > @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> > > > > I think they look fine. I am more concerned about the spin rate. Hopefully these don’t spin as much as past AP2’s.

> > > >

> > > > Yes this!! Anyone hit these yet? Any confirmation of spin on these?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> . If I have to hit a T100 7 iron to go 150 no thanks! .

> >

> >

>

> I have had my 718 AP2’s for about 6 months. They are by far the most consistent irons in terms of yardage I’ve ever played. I know a full PW for me is right at 125 yards +\- a couple yards. They have given me the confidence to go after pins in a way I never dared in the past. Ask me if I care if another guy hits the same club 140.

>

> Point being, if the design gives you the most consistent results, why would you care what number is on the bottom?

Totally agree!! But the irons I play are in the same class as the 718cb's but fly a club further than your AP2's. Also are just as consistent or even more so knowing I don't have to swing as hard to get the distance I need. It a confidence builder for me knowing I can pull 8 vs 7 and also increases the top range of my bag putting my 4 iron 190 which also gaps great to my 3 hybrid. I get what your saying though and that has always been the Titleist stance but I don't want to go to AP3 lofts to get the distance I want they are way too strong!!

Just wish they could re-do the badging, otherwise the adjustments made have been great and should look better at address and perform better than the 718 AP2s. I'm sure they are great irons I just don't love the look unfortunately and hasn't grown much since seeing them the first time. Still will probably give them a look when released.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> Just wish they could re-do the badging, otherwise the adjustments made have been great and should look better at address and perform better than the 718 AP2s. I'm sure they are great irons I just don't love the look unfortunately and hasn't grown much since seeing them the first time. Still will probably give them a look when released.

Look at my comments in the comparison thread. T100 badging looks so much better in reality!

> @MrShield said:

> > @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > Just wish they could re-do the badging, otherwise the adjustments made have been great and should look better at address and perform better than the 718 AP2s. I'm sure they are great irons I just don't love the look unfortunately and hasn't grown much since seeing them the first time. Still will probably give them a look when released.

>

> Look at my comments in the comparison thread. T100 badging looks so much better in reality!

Really hope they do! Also hoping the price isn't more than $1200 for 4-PW before shaft/grip upcharges. Will be interesting to test these out vs my 919 Tours that I just switched to not that long ago. Kind of missing the forgiveness of the AP2s even though I love my 919 Tours.

Titleist ProV1

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > @MrShield said:

> > > @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > > Just wish they could re-do the badging, otherwise the adjustments made have been great and should look better at address and perform better than the 718 AP2s. I'm sure they are great irons I just don't love the look unfortunately and hasn't grown much since seeing them the first time. Still will probably give them a look when released.

> >

> > Look at my comments in the comparison thread. T100 badging looks so much better in reality!

>

> Really hope they do! Also hoping the price isn't more than $1200 for 4-PW before shaft/grip upcharges. Will be interesting to test these out vs my 919 Tours that I just switched to not that long ago. Kind of missing the forgiveness of the AP2s even though I love my 919 Tours.

>

> You really think they will go down in price?? Current msrp on AP2 is $185/club for steel so $1295 4-PW. No way are they going down in price

> @kerila07 said:

> > > @MrShield said:

> > > > @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > > > Just wish they could re-do the badging, otherwise the adjustments made have been great and should look better at address and perform better than the 718 AP2s. I'm sure they are great irons I just don't love the look unfortunately and hasn't grown much since seeing them the first time. Still will probably give them a look when released.

> > >

> > > Look at my comments in the comparison thread. T100 badging looks so much better in reality!

> >

> > Really hope they do! Also hoping the price isn't more than $1200 for 4-PW before shaft/grip upcharges. Will be interesting to test these out vs my 919 Tours that I just switched to not that long ago. Kind of missing the forgiveness of the AP2s even though I love my 919 Tours.

> >

> > You really think they will go down in price?? Current msrp on AP2 is $185/club for steel so $1295 4-PW. No way are they going down in price

>

It was just an approximate number I put down there. I was essentially trying to state I hope the price stays the same rather than go up into the $1400 range for 4-PW.

Does anyone know an approximate release date for these? Hate how they release new clubs so far into the season.

Titleist ProV1

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > @kerila07 said:

> > > @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > > > @MrShield said:

> > > > > @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > > > > Just wish they could re-do the badging, otherwise the adjustments made have been great and should look better at address and perform better than the 718 AP2s. I'm sure they are great irons I just don't love the look unfortunately and hasn't grown much since seeing them the first time. Still will probably give them a look when released.

> > > >

> > > > Look at my comments in the comparison thread. T100 badging looks so much better in reality!

> > >

> > > Really hope they do! Also hoping the price isn't more than $1200 for 4-PW before shaft/grip upcharges. Will be interesting to test these out vs my 919 Tours that I just switched to not that long ago. Kind of missing the forgiveness of the AP2s even though I love my 919 Tours.

> > >

> > > You really think they will go down in price?? Current msrp on AP2 is $185/club for steel so $1295 4-PW. No way are they going down in price

> >

> It was just an approximate number I put down there. I was essentially trying to state I hope the price stays the same rather than go up into the $1400 range for 4-PW.

>

> **Does anyone know an approximate release date for these**? Hate how they release new clubs so far into the season.

>

> New irons are releasing late August, however you can preorder the first week of August and I was told any "custom" order(could be as little as a grip change), would be built and shipped right away

Definitely going to order a set of T100's and give them a shot. Hopefully they look good in person and aren't spin machines like AP2's I've had in the past. Will custom order a set from my usual site but not sure when I'll be able to do that. They just put an order in through Titleist so maybe I'll be able to do that the first week. They always have a 2-4 week time frame to get those shafts in at Titleist but generally doesn't take that long.

Titleist ProV1

> @"duck hook" said:

> > > @kerila07 said:

> > > > @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > > > > @MrShield said:

> > > > > > @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > > > > > Just wish they could re-do the badging, otherwise the adjustments made have been great and should look better at address and perform better than the 718 AP2s. I'm sure they are great irons I just don't love the look unfortunately and hasn't grown much since seeing them the first time. Still will probably give them a look when released.

> > > > >

> > > > > Look at my comments in the comparison thread. T100 badging looks so much better in reality!

> > > >

> > > > Really hope they do! Also hoping the price isn't more than $1200 for 4-PW before shaft/grip upcharges. Will be interesting to test these out vs my 919 Tours that I just switched to not that long ago. Kind of missing the forgiveness of the AP2s even though I love my 919 Tours.

> > > >

> > > > You really think they will go down in price?? Current msrp on AP2 is $185/club for steel so $1295 4-PW. No way are they going down in price

> > >

> > It was just an approximate number I put down there. I was essentially trying to state I hope the price stays the same rather than go up into the $1400 range for 4-PW.

> >

> > **Does anyone know an approximate release date for these**? Hate how they release new clubs so far into the season.

> >

> > New irons are releasing late August, however you can preorder the first week of August and I was told any "custom" order(could be as little as a grip change), would be built and shipped right away

>

Late next month for release

In reply #12, I mentioned this. Prices will be higher. Retail will be around $20-25 per club higher than 718 AP2.

> @br61 said:

> End of August release date, I think. My club pro will receive his set around end of July, he thinks. Of course the prices will be higher, I’d say around $25 more per club. I could be little off on the date and pricing so don’t shoot me.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

> @br61 said:

> In reply #12, I mentioned this. Prices will be higher. Retail will be around $20-25 per club higher than 718 AP2.

>

> > @br61 said:

> > End of August release date, I think. My club pro will receive his set around end of July, he thinks. Of course the prices will be higher, I’d say around $25 more per club. I could be little off on the date and pricing so don’t shoot me.

>

>

Pretty ridiculous increase considering it will be very difficult to see much of a difference from the 718 AP2 outside of looks.

Titleist ProV1