Coolers for push carts

I was just curious what cooler everyone uses on their pushcarts. Normally I’m not worried about the cooler issue because my wife carries all the stuff in her cart. My daughter has a few tournaments this summer where my wife won’t be there so I need something good for the pushcart. The clic gear cooler bag is no good IMO so I want something to hang on the cart that won’t be so heavy that it pulls the cart down. Probably needs to hold 4-6 bottles of water/ Gatorade plus room for snacks.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, the tournament directors should be providing water to the kids as they play. Most of the time there is a rover out on the course with one of those giant gatorade coolers strapped to the back of a cart filling water bottles as kids play. That being said, my son carries a 32 oz Nalgene water bottle that he will usually just put in the ball pocket of his bag and then he has an [Embark Lunch Cooler](https://www.target.com/p/insulated-cooler-lunch-bag-embark-153/-/A-51359801 "Embark Lunch Cooler") for his snacks. The Embark has a clip handle on it that he hangs from the handle of his push cart and holds enough snacks for 18 holes.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

Leezer the US kids events never have stuff out for the kids as far as I can remember. Other tours that my daughter has played give out snacks at registration and have drinks on the course. We have three US kids events coming up so I’m going to be prepared. Going to purchase something that I can hang on the push cart. Right now I’m looking at the RTIC day cooler and a Tourit cooler. Both are fairly cheap and should do the trick.

I carry several hydroflasks in the summer. Fill them with 4 to 14 ice cubes the night before depending on the outside temperatures and tee time. For example, if the flask will be in my car all day in the hot sun, 14 ice cubes. For an early morning tee time, 4 cubes will do it. Put the hydroflasks in the golf bag and I'm ready to go.

Friend of mine uses similar to that RTIC day cooler for his Gatorade and a hydroflask. He hangs it off the handle of his cart so it swings above the rear wheels.

> @leezer99 said:

> > @Golfingdawg19 said:

> > Leezer the US kids events never have stuff out for the kids as far as I can remember.

>

> My suggestion may not be popular but I'd stop playing US Kids.

>

>

I’m in the process of phasing out of it now. We have a regional event and worlds coming up and that should be it.

> @Tannerbug33 said:

> We us the clic gear cooler on our 3.5. Holds 6 water bottles are 2 water bottles and 2 large Gatorades. Also has snack pouch up top. Can't really beat it.

I’ve got the clic gear cooler bag but it doesn’t keep stuff cold. The top cover on mine won’t stay shut most of the time and thus things don’t stay cold. It’s fine for keeping snacks and things in the bottom pouch but that is it as far as I’m concerned.

Ice full of double-walled bottles will last an entire day.

On a 100F+ hot days, I'll bring two of these 40oz plus extra water bottles to refill.

[https://costco.com/Thermoflask-Stainless-Steel-40-oz-Water-Bottle%2c-2-piece-Set.product.100488920.html](https://www.costco.com/Thermoflask-Stainless-Steel-40-oz-Water-Bottle%2c-2-piece-Set.product.100488920.html "https://costco.com/Thermoflask-Stainless-Steel-40-oz-Water-Bottle%2c-2-piece-Set.product.100488920.html")

US Kids does a HORRIBLE job of providing snacks and hydration to the kids. Always have done a poor job of it even at the World event. For the price I paid for their events, I expected more, a lot more.

This is what I use on the clic gear. I freeze 2 water bottles to use as the refrigerant.and they do keep everything cold. It fits 12 water/propel bottles and room for food on top.

https://www.coleman.com/24-hour-30-can-cooler/30-CanCooler.html?dwvar_30-CanCooler_color=blue%2Fblack&cgid=coleman-coolersandwaterjugs-softcoolers#start=5

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

> @dougfarrar said:

> > @Tannerbug33 said:

> > We us the clic gear cooler on our 3.5. Holds 6 water bottles are 2 water bottles and 2 large Gatorades. Also has snack pouch up top. Can't really beat it.

>

> The top part of my clic gear 3.5 never seems to stay closed very well when loaded

That is exactly why I’m getting something else

> @heavy_hitter said:

> US Kids does a HORRIBLE job of providing snacks and hydration to the kids. Always have done a poor job of it even at the World event. For the price I paid for their events, I expected more, a lot more.

>

> This is what I use on the clic gear. I freeze 2 water bottles to use as the refrigerant.and they do keep everything cold. It fits 12 water/propel bottles and room for food on top.

>

> https://www.coleman.com/24-hour-30-can-cooler/30-CanCooler.html?dwvar_30-CanCooler_color=blue%2Fblack&cgid=coleman-coolersandwaterjugs-softcoolers#start=5

Wouldn't something like this be too big and cumber some to hang?

How are people hanging these? Just draping the strap over?

One of the primary reasons I went with a Caddytek for my son, integrated cooler and snack pocket in the bottom. He has yet to have an issue. For 9 holes it keeps things cold when filled with ice and for the 18 hole events we refill it with ice at the turn. For what it is worth we are in Alabama so our heat can rival just about anyone's. By the way, I totally agree with what all of you have said about the lack of drinks and snacks on USKids events. Even the local events could afford to put some water out there for them. I make sure my son is ready to roll but I have seen instances where kids were not in a great position.

> @TheShaun said:

> > @heavy_hitter said:

> > US Kids does a HORRIBLE job of providing snacks and hydration to the kids. Always have done a poor job of it even at the World event. For the price I paid for their events, I expected more, a lot more.

> >

> > This is what I use on the clic gear. I freeze 2 water bottles to use as the refrigerant.and they do keep everything cold. It fits 12 water/propel bottles and room for food on top.

> >

> > https://www.coleman.com/24-hour-30-can-cooler/30-CanCooler.html?dwvar_30-CanCooler_color=blue%2Fblack&cgid=coleman-coolersandwaterjugs-softcoolers#start=5

>

> Wouldn't something like this be too big and cumber some to hang?

>

> How are people hanging these? Just draping the strap over?

Hang it over the cart then shorten the strap by wrapping it around the turn dial on the right side. Works like a charm.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

I've been trying to find a soft cooler that would work when I was walking with my Clicgear 3.5+ or when I was riding in a cart. I wanted something I could take on a golf trip and not have to worry about adding more ice for the second half of the day.

I just picked up one of the Polar Bear 12 pack H2O coolers while ebay had the bonus ebay bucks going. I tested it out on a little day trip to the lake on Saturday with an ice pack + ice combo, and it worked like a charm. Ice was still frozen to the ice pack at the end of the day. One downside is because of the thick foam (3 day ice retention) it is a little stiff. Now I just need to figure out a strap setup to secure it to the push cart so it won't move around too much.

Cooler: https://www.polarbearcoolers.com/h2o-waterproof-coolers/12-pack-H2O.html

Ice Pack: https://www.amazon.com/Chillin-Reusable-Ice-Coolers-Lasting/dp/B00H50YT4G/ref=pd_bxgy_200_img_2/142-6207515-6891328?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00H50YT4G&pd_rd_r=bfb36991-9109-11e9-82f5-83c08dff17b2&pd_rd_w=iCpOZ&pd_rd_wg=3dgrX&pf_rd_p=a2006322-0bc0-4db9-a08e-d168c18ce6f0&pf_rd_r=SVT0T5AAAP0HF1G6CFPH&refRID=SVT0T5AAAP0HF1G6CFPH&th=1

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found an answer to the cooler question. Buddy of mine has a cooler that fits on the bottom of his push cart in the same place the clic gear cooler goes. His cooler is much bigger and has a velcro strap on the back that allows him to secure it the right way. You need to get one of these. He told me that everyone asks him about his cooler.

https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Freeze-Zipperless-Cooler-Arctic/dp/B079YVN178/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=titan+deep+freeze+zipperless+cooler&qid=1561929198&s=gateway&sprefix=titan+dee&sr=8-3

I am a little late but Get a few Yeti double wall stainless steel flasks and get with straws lids fill one with Gatorade the other with water it works like a charm. You can buy other brands much cheaper but yeti was the first one that keeps the water cold. Also throw a few bottles of water and Gatorade into the bag. The ice should last all day in hot heat.

You can secure them with using the same clip that is usually on the laser finder (common clip can’t remember the name) on either the cart itself or the bag.

With snacks use stuff that will be ok in the heat and will not spoil.

Don’t forget to get an extra flask for yourself and fill up when you can. Never rely on any tournaments to have enough water. Some are better then other. Also since we always use pushcarts I am looking for a bigger bag with more pockets for water and Snacks.

> @tiger1873 said:

> I am a little late but Get a few Yeti double wall stainless steel flasks and get with straws lids fill one with Gatorade the other with water it works like a charm. You can buy other brands much cheaper but yeti was the first one that keeps the water cold. Also throw a few bottles of water and Gatorade into the bag. The ice should last all day in hot heat.

>

> You can secure them with using the same clip that is usually on the laser finder (common clip can’t remember the name) on either the cart itself or the bag.

>

> With snacks use stuff that will be ok in the heat and will not spoil.

>

>

> Don’t forget to get an extra flask for yourself and fill up when you can. Never rely on any tournaments to have enough water. Some are better then other. Also since we always use pushcarts I am looking for a bigger bag with more pockets for water and Snacks.

So spend around $100 on a couple cups or less than $20 for a soft insulated cooler?

> @BiggErn said:

> > @tiger1873 said:

> > I am a little late but Get a few Yeti double wall stainless steel flasks and get with straws lids fill one with Gatorade the other with water it works like a charm. You can buy other brands much cheaper but yeti was the first one that keeps the water cold. Also throw a few bottles of water and Gatorade into the bag. The ice should last all day in hot heat.

> >

> > You can secure them with using the same clip that is usually on the laser finder (common clip can’t remember the name) on either the cart itself or the bag.

> >

> > With snacks use stuff that will be ok in the heat and will not spoil.

> >

> >

> > Don’t forget to get an extra flask for yourself and fill up when you can. Never rely on any tournaments to have enough water. Some are better then other. Also since we always use pushcarts I am looking for a bigger bag with more pockets for water and Snacks.

>

> So spend around $100 on a couple cups or less than $20 for a soft insulated cooler?

A good thermal stainless steel flask will have ice in 12 hours later in 100 degree heat. Live in the south with 100 degree heat for months on end it is cheap investment. Running out water is dangerous too. Most of the $20 coolers I seen don’t keep cold in extreme heat for very long. Plus water bottles are a lot easier to carry and easier to refill. Yeti is the best one but you can buy off brand ones for under $30 a piece. In the grand scheme of things your kid probably doesn’t play golf or will for long if you think the cost of a water bottle is too expensive.

> @tiger1873 said:

> > @BiggErn said:

> > > @tiger1873 said:

> > > I am a little late but Get a few Yeti double wall stainless steel flasks and get with straws lids fill one with Gatorade the other with water it works like a charm. You can buy other brands much cheaper but yeti was the first one that keeps the water cold. Also throw a few bottles of water and Gatorade into the bag. The ice should last all day in hot heat.

> > >

> > > You can secure them with using the same clip that is usually on the laser finder (common clip can’t remember the name) on either the cart itself or the bag.

> > >

> > > With snacks use stuff that will be ok in the heat and will not spoil.

> > >

> > >

> > > Don’t forget to get an extra flask for yourself and fill up when you can. Never rely on any tournaments to have enough water. Some are better then other. Also since we always use pushcarts I am looking for a bigger bag with more pockets for water and Snacks.

> >

> > So spend around $100 on a couple cups or less than $20 for a soft insulated cooler?

>

> A good thermal stainless steel flask will have ice in 12 hours later in 100 degree heat. Live in the south with 100 degree heat for months on end it is cheap investment. Running out water is dangerous too. Most of the $20 coolers I seen don’t keep cold in extreme heat for very long. Plus water bottles are a lot easier to carry and easier to refill. Yeti is the best one but you can buy off brand ones for under $30 a piece. In the grand scheme of things your kid probably doesn’t play golf or will for long if you think the cost of a water bottle is too expensive.

I live in the south and have no need for a $50 cup. I can freeze 3 plastics water bottles and put 3 in with just some ice. Every course I play has at least one water station per 9.

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: Evnroll ER 1.2, Tour KBS GPS, 33",
 SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid 2 / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized