Ping release Fall 2019?

 mangelou ·  
mangeloumangelou Columbus, OHMembers  9WRX Points: 30Handicap: 2Posts: 9 Bunkers
Joined:  in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment #1

Heard other day that next iron in the i210 is being released this fall? Anyone hear similar?

Posted:

Ping G410 Plus 10.5* GD BB 6x
Cobra F9 Tour 15* Tensei Orange CK Pro 70 TX
Titleist 818H1 19* Tensei Blue CK Pro 70s
Ping s55 DG S300 4-PW
Ping GLide 50* DG S300
Vokey Raw SM7 54.08M 58.08M
Ping Shea h
Pro V1

«13456
6

Comments

  • AG12AG12 Members  2107WRX Points: 1,060Handicap: 10Posts: 2,107 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #2

    I would be surprised if that was the case. To my knowledge PING is on a 2 year cycle for their irons. The i210's came out last year so I would expect the next iteration of that line to come out in 2020.

    Posted:
    Driver: Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60
    4W: PING G410 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 70
    4HY: PING G410 21* Accra FX 300H
    Irons: PING G410 5-UW Project X LZ 120
    Wedges: CBX2 54/12/Full Face 58/10 DG 115
    Putter: Bettinardi QB6 Carbon Limited
    Ball: Titleist ProV1x #12
    WITB
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Frid_the_kidFrid_the_kid Life is Good Members  233WRX Points: 97Handicap: +2Posts: 233 Fairways
    Joined:  #3

    I would go ahead and order the i210’s.

    Posted:
    G400LST 8.5*
    Rapture 14*
    Rapture V2 16*
    Blueprints & G's
    Glide 2.0 & Glide Forged
    Bettinardi Hive BB0
  • JoelsimJoelsim Members  1419WRX Points: 525Handicap: 12Posts: 1,419 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #4

    On -, @AG12 said:

    I would be surprised if that was the case. To my knowledge PING is on a 2 year cycle for their irons. The i210's came out last year so I would expect the next iteration of that line to come out in 2020.

    It was only 18 months between G400 and G410.

    Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 10.5 Reg Ping Alta 44.5”
    Fairways: Cobra King Ltd Black 5 Wood Aldila Rogue Stiff and TaylorMade M6 3 Wood
    Utility: Wilson Staff Model Utility #3 Regular KBS
    Hybrid: Titleist TS2 21* Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Irons: Ping G410 5-PW (#5 at power spec loft)
    Wedges: Callaway MD5 Jaws 60W Low and Mack Daddy 4 64S, Cleveland CBX 2 50, 54 and 58
    Putters: Bettinardi Studio Stock #3 (Jumbo Lamkin), Bettinardi Studio Stock #28 Slotback (Winn Dri-Tac), Bettinardi Queen Bee #9 (Winn Dri-Tac), Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Palm Beach (Winn Dri-Tac), Piretti Matera Elite (Piretti Fat Grip), Piretti Cottonwood II (Piretti Fat Grip).
  • AG12AG12 Members  2107WRX Points: 1,060Handicap: 10Posts: 2,107 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #5

    On -, @Joelsim said:

    On -, @AG12 said:

    I would be surprised if that was the case. To my knowledge PING is on a 2 year cycle for their irons. The i210's came out last year so I would expect the next iteration of that line to come out in 2020.

    It was only 18 months between G400 and G410.

    I stand corrected. It looks like the i200's were released in 2017 and i210 in 2018. So

    On -, @mangelou you may have heard correctly.
    Posted:
    Driver: Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60
    4W: PING G410 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 70
    4HY: PING G410 21* Accra FX 300H
    Irons: PING G410 5-UW Project X LZ 120
    Wedges: CBX2 54/12/Full Face 58/10 DG 115
    Putter: Bettinardi QB6 Carbon Limited
    Ball: Titleist ProV1x #12
    WITB
  • Marco ColoMarco Colo Members  711WRX Points: 223Handicap: 18.5Posts: 711 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Jul 5, 2019 #6

    It’s 18 months cycle. If my memory works well i210 were released in July 2018. That means next iteration to come not sooner than Feb 2020

    Posted:
  • Rpete33Rpete33 Members  639WRX Points: 84Handicap: 10Posts: 639 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #7

    Maybe an iBlade replacement?

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • MojoEdMojoEd Members  190WRX Points: 93Posts: 190 Fairways
    Joined:  #8

    Ping just took GMax irons (G700 precursor) off their website as current irons. TGW also stopped listing them; they were available for customization a couple of weeks ago. Makes me think the G710 irons (ping has trademarked) are ready to debut. If so, I expect the press embargo on this and all fall debuts around July 11th.

    Posted:
  • ALIFALIF ArizonaMembers  2795WRX Points: 356Posts: 2,795 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #9

    I wouldn’t hold back. The i210 are the best irons I’ve ever played.

    Posted:
    $$$$
  • WesquireWesquire Members  843WRX Points: 140Posts: 843 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #10

    On -, @Rpete33 said:

    Maybe an iBlade replacement?

    I was told by a Ping rep that the blueprints were the iBlade replacement and an iBlade 2 was not in the works.

    Posted:
    Driver - Ping G400 LST 8.5° (Mitsubishi CK Pro Orange 70 TX Tipped 1")
    3 Wood - Ping G 14.5° (PX HZRDUS Black 75g 6.5 Tipped 1.5")
    2 Crossover - Ping G410 17° (PX HZRDUS Black 85g 6.5)
    4-W - Ping i200 (PX 6.5)
    Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50°/55°/60° (PX 6.5)
    Putter - Directed Force
    Ball - Snell MTB-X
  • ATAlxndrATAlxndr RHL Members  1038WRX Points: 93Handicap: 1.8Posts: 1,038 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Feb 21, 2020 1:32pm #11

    p

    Posted:
    Post edited by ATAlxndr on
    Titleist TS2 10.5* - Diamana D+ Ltd 60TX
    Titleist TS2 18* - Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX 
    Titleist 818 H2 21* - Diamana D+ 100TX
    Titleist T100 4-P - TI DG S400
    Titleist SM7 50/54/58 - TI DG S400
    Scotty Cameron 2020 Newport 2 
  • MisterMittensMisterMittens KCMOMembers  15WRX Points: 49Posts: 15 Bunkers
    Joined:  #12

    On -, @chiva said:

    I wouldn’t hold back. The i210 are the best irons I’ve ever played.

    I've tried just about everything out there, and they just keep staying in my bag. Played the original i200 as well, and the i210 is just such an improvement from an already stellar set.

    Currently have a fresh set of P760's collecting dust because the i210's are just that good.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Sonja HenieSonja Henie Members  299WRX Points: 111Handicap: 7.5Posts: 299 Greens
    Joined:  #13

    I was about to order G700s until I saw this thread. I'm hoping the next generation will be a bit smaller. Do you think the current G700s will be available through Ping for a while after they release the new ones? I'd like to be able to order the current ones if the new ones don't appeal to me. And do the prices per club tend to increase when they release the next generation of a club?

    Posted:

    Ping G400 Max, Hzrdus Black 6.5
    Ping G400 3 Wood 14.5*
    Ping G400 3H 19* or Srixon ZU65 19*
    Srixon Z545 (4-5), Srixon Z765 (6-7), Srixon Z945 (8-PW)
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52 & 58
    Odyssey O-Works 7S
    Srixon Z Star XV

  • tanker44tanker44 Members  419WRX Points: 133Posts: 419 Greens
    Joined:  edited Jul 6, 2019 #14

    3rd best set of irons in my 37 years of life were the S55s before they fell apart due to a manufacturer/product engineering defect called 'delamination'.

    I have 2 Ping putters from the 2019 line - Vault 2.0 Dale Anser and the Sigma 2 ZB2 and they are awesome. I have considered Ping woods/hybrids in recent years but haven't even swung one because they crushed my soul when my S55s melted before my eyes and there was no option to refurb.

    And then now, Ping comes out with the most beautiful set of irons I have seen since my beloved S55s. The Blueprints. But they are also new technology for Ping and over $1600. I don't think so. I will wait and see what these look like after a year. Below is a snip from GolfDigest on the build and production details. After reading this, I think about how Taylormade and Callaway can't even build aka assemble a set of custom spec irons without two of them showing up out of spec. Oh yeah, Blueprints are also 8620 carbon steel and not a standard such as 1025 carbon steel. This 8620 is used in the Glide wedges.... Previously, I said no way on these beautiful irons and now I am saying **** no.

    The Blueprint irons are forged in a four-step process with a specially heat-treated 8620 carbon steel. It’s the same metal used in the company’s Glide Forged wedges. In all, Stokke said, there are more than 50 steps in a 100-percent inspection process, including a machined face and grooves, to get the Blueprint irons consistently manufactured.

    Posted:
    TM M2 2016 10.5* FujiPro 53
    TM M5 15* Speeder Evo OG
    TM UDI 17* UST Recoil
    TM P790 2019 4-PW Ctapers
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50/54/58 
    Evnroll ER5 

  • ForeleftForeleft Members  2255WRX Points: 348Posts: 2,255 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #15

    On -, @Wesquire said:

    On -, @Rpete33 said:

    Maybe an iBlade replacement?

    I was told by a Ping rep that the blueprints were the iBlade replacement and an iBlade 2 was not in the works.

    I do not believe that is accurate. Ping pro staff currently playing iBlade have not moved to the BP en masse.

    Posted:
  • ForeleftForeleft Members  2255WRX Points: 348Posts: 2,255 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16

    On -, @mangelou said:

    Heard other day that next iron in the i210 is being released this fall? Anyone hear similar?

    Still trying to get used to Ping's accelerated release schedule. Think I liked it better previously when there was more time between releases. Now, it doesn't seem worth upgrading because I know the next iteration is literally months away.

    Posted:
  • rbilramzrbilramz ClubWRX  841WRX Points: 120Posts: 841 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #17

    On -, @Foreleft said:

    On -, @mangelou said:

    Heard other day that next iron in the i210 is being released this fall? Anyone hear similar?

    Still trying to get used to Ping's accelerated release schedule. Think I liked it better previously when there was more time between releases. Now, it doesn't seem worth upgrading because I know the next iteration is literally months away.

    Hard to argue with that. “Hey, look at those iBlades. Better hold offf, the new ones are only 24+ months away”.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ALIFALIF ArizonaMembers  2795WRX Points: 356Posts: 2,795 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #18

    On -, @Sonja Henie said:

    I was about to order G700s until I saw this thread. I'm hoping the next generation will be a bit smaller. Do you think the current G700s will be available through Ping for a while after they release the new ones? I'd like to be able to order the current ones if the new ones don't appeal to me. And do the prices per club tend to increase when they release the next generation of a club?

    I play G700 in 4-7 and i210 in 7-UW. The G700 don’t seem big when I’m looking down at them. They are amazing in every way. The i210 are money!

    Posted:
    $$$$
  • ALIFALIF ArizonaMembers  2795WRX Points: 356Posts: 2,795 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #19

    On -, @rbilramz said:

    On -, @Foreleft said:

    On -, @mangelou said:

    Heard other day that next iron in the i210 is being released this fall? Anyone hear similar?

    Still trying to get used to Ping's accelerated release schedule. Think I liked it better previously when there was more time between releases. Now, it doesn't seem worth upgrading because I know the next iteration is literally months away.

    Hard to argue with that. “Hey, look at those iBlades. Better hold offf, the new ones are only 24+ months away”.

    Reads like a TM thread. LOL.

    Posted:
    $$$$
  • Sonja HenieSonja Henie Members  299WRX Points: 111Handicap: 7.5Posts: 299 Greens
    Joined:  #20

    On -, @chiva said:

    On -, @Sonja Henie said:

    I was about to order G700s until I saw this thread. I'm hoping the next generation will be a bit smaller. Do you think the current G700s will be available through Ping for a while after they release the new ones? I'd like to be able to order the current ones if the new ones don't appeal to me. And do the prices per club tend to increase when they release the next generation of a club?

    I play G700 in 4-7 and i210 in 7-UW. The G700 don’t seem big when I’m looking down at them. They are amazing in every way. The i210 are money!

    I'm really curious about your setup, but don't want to bore the rest of the board with my questions so I sent you a PM.

    Posted:

    Ping G400 Max, Hzrdus Black 6.5
    Ping G400 3 Wood 14.5*
    Ping G400 3H 19* or Srixon ZU65 19*
    Srixon Z545 (4-5), Srixon Z765 (6-7), Srixon Z945 (8-PW)
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52 & 58
    Odyssey O-Works 7S
    Srixon Z Star XV

  • agolf1agolf1 Members  1953WRX Points: 1,112Posts: 1,953 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #21

    On -, @Sonja Henie said:

    I was about to order G700s until I saw this thread. I'm hoping the next generation will be a bit smaller. Do you think the current G700s will be available through Ping for a while after they release the new ones? I'd like to be able to order the current ones if the new ones don't appeal to me. And do the prices per club tend to increase when they release the next generation of a club?

    The G400s are still available even though the G410s have been out for a while. This was also the case with the Gs when the G400s were the latest model, and as someone noted the GMax irons were available until just recently.

    I am also waiting to see what the next version of the G700 looks like. I assume I can still buy the G700s for a bit - i.e. long enough to see the new version and get some other players' reviews on it.

    However, I don't know when Ping quit selling the i200s vs. the i210 release though.

    Posted:
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Titleist 915F 16.5* & 21.0*, Diamana S+ Blue 70 S-Flex
    PING G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    PING Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    PING Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
    Backup Lob Wedges:  PING Eye 2+ (58*) or PING Eye 2 XG (60*)
  • dhen9dhen9 Members  860WRX Points: 178Posts: 860 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #22

    Ordered a set of G700 a few weeks back, but if Ping carries the same tech into the 710 as the 410 I'm totally in line for the 710.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers  4176WRX Points: 252Handicap: 10.5Posts: 4,176 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #23

    Would love to see a different finish on the g710’s. I’ve gamed the 700’s since they came out and my only knock on them is the finish. Marked up so quickly I went the green pad route to remove the frosted look.

    Posted:

    Callaway Epic Flash 12*

    Callaway Epic Flash Heavenwood

    Exotics Xrail  4h | 5h

    Cobra  T-Rail 6-SW

    Cleveland CBX 60* 

    Callaway Sure Out 64*

    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum

    Titleist ProV1x Yellow

    Handicap: 9.2


  • Kball10Kball10 Members  221WRX Points: 87Posts: 221 Fairways
    Joined:  #25

    I would love to get some insight as to when new iblade is coming.

    Posted:
  • matchavezmatchavez Aotearoa New ZealandUnregistered  4286WRX Points: 379Posts: 4,286 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #26

    On -, @Foreleft said:

    On -, @mangelou said:

    Heard other day that next iron in the i210 is being released this fall? Anyone hear similar?

    Still trying to get used to Ping's accelerated release schedule. Think I liked it better previously when there was more time between releases. Now, it doesn't seem worth upgrading because I know the next iteration is literally months away.

    18 months? Jeez.. cars come out faster...

    Posted:

    14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers  4176WRX Points: 252Handicap: 10.5Posts: 4,176 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #27

    So any more news on the G710?

    Posted:

    Callaway Epic Flash 12*

    Callaway Epic Flash Heavenwood

    Exotics Xrail  4h | 5h

    Cobra  T-Rail 6-SW

    Cleveland CBX 60* 

    Callaway Sure Out 64*

    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum

    Titleist ProV1x Yellow

    Handicap: 9.2


  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • TitletownTitletown Members  436WRX Points: 252Posts: 436 Greens
    Joined:  #28

    On -, @Kball10 said:

    I would love to get some insight as to when new iblade is coming.

    do you mean the Blueprints?

    Posted:

    Driver: Mavrik 9° Tour AD DI-6

    Fairway: Mavrik 16.5° Tour AD DI-7

    Hybrid: Apex '19 20° Tour AD DI-95

    Irons: Apex Pro '16 4i-9i KBS Tour V 120

    Wedges: MD4 46S, 50S, 54C, 58C KBS Tour V Wedge

    Putter: Odyssey WHP #3

  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  32240WRX Points: 1,817Posts: 32,240 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #29

    On -, @Titletown said:

    On -, @Kball10 said:

    I would love to get some insight as to when new iblade is coming.

    do you mean the Blueprints?

    No. There are rumors that Ping may be releasing a iblade replacement. Nothing confirmed though.

    Posted:
  • DrawmanDrawman Members  115WRX Points: 70Handicap: 11Posts: 115 Fairways
    Joined:  #30

    Would love to see PING give the G700s the G410 (vs. G400) iron treatment - thinner topline, less offset, and smaller head.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • thigosthigos El Paso, TXClubWRX  309WRX Points: 103Handicap: 3.1Posts: 309 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #31

    I'm hoping for g410 Max driver and an i210 replacement

    Posted:
    G400 Max 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x
    M4 16.5* - Tour AD-IZ 7s
    MP20 HMB (3,4) LZ 6.0
    MP20 MMC (5-P) LZ 6.0
    Mizuno S18 - 52 & 58
    Vokey SM6 - 62* M
    StrokeLab Double Wide F - 35"
    Srixon Z Star XV

6

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.