J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

That Cally EF 3 wood looks awesome at address! Going out on a limb and saying the Cally's win in a close one, they are one up on looks, IMO.

Any shafts that you think the VR plays close to? Either another graphite design or other manufacturers?

• Like 1

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

> @JJK947 said:

> That Cally EF 3 wood looks awesome at address! Going out on a limb and saying the Cally's win in a close one, they are one up on looks, IMO.

>

> Any shafts that you think the VR plays close to? Either another graphite design or other manufacturers?

I give the edge to Cally as well in the looks department, especially the 3 wood. My only concern with the Ping G410LST 3w is how shallow it is. I'm toying around with tee height and found that I need to go a little lower than i'm used to. The Cally EF 3+ is very popular on tour and I added about 6g of melt in my shop to the face so I dropped spin a smidge and the sound is a CRACK!

VR shaft is one of the best looking shafts i've seen in a while. Great color scheme and in a matte finish it looks pretty $$$. As for comparing it to another shaft that's a hard one. It's very unique in that it has an activeish feel but I NEVER lose it left. If i had to compare it to something I would say a smoother Mitsubishi KK XT.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> Have you compared the EF Triple Diamond to the Rogue SZ? If so, what differences did you notice?

Rogue SZ was draw bias for me and higher spinning. EF Triple is fade bias and lower in spin. Very different heads.

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> > Have you compared the EF Triple Diamond to the Rogue SZ? If so, what differences did you notice?

>

> Rogue SZ was draw bias for me and higher spinning. EF Triple is fade bias and lower in spin. Very different heads.

Thanks man! I have gamed the Rogue in the past and found it to go left as well.

• Like 1

> @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> > > Have you compared the EF Triple Diamond to the Rogue SZ? If so, what differences did you notice?

> >

> > Rogue SZ was draw bias for me and higher spinning. EF Triple is fade bias and lower in spin. Very different heads.

>

> Thanks man! I have gamed the Rogue in the past and found it to go left as well.

>

Rogue series is more forgiving in my experience but that comes with a trade-off. I really like the Cally adaptors but they are heavy so with the incorporation of the rear perimeter sliding weight in the new Epic SZ you can create a more neutral or even fade bias head much easier and without changing the loft. Triple Diamond is even better in that regard.

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

Small update:

Played yesterday and used the G410 again. The Graphite Design Tour AD VR shaft is LEGIT. I know they aren't cheap but if anyone is out there trying to find a great feeling shaft that won't go left on ya I would recommend it. I'm playing again tomorrow and possibly Monday so once this weekend is over I'll go into detail about what I'm moving forward with and how both setups performed.

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> Small update:

>

> Played yesterday and used the G410 again. The Graphite Design Tour AD VR shaft is LEGIT. I know they aren't cheap but if anyone is out there trying to find a great feeling shaft that won't go left on ya I would recommend it. I'm playing again tomorrow and possibly Monday so once this weekend is over I'll go into detail about what I'm moving forward with and how both setups performed.

Thanks for the info and updates! I took your recommendation and I’m glad I did. I’ll echo everything you have said about the AD VR: it’s VERY good and should be a HUGE hit !! I also snagged a tour Issue 7TX and it’s insane as well but I got along a little better with the 7X.

Short Update:

So I've come to two conclusions after yesterdays round:

1. The Callaway Triple Diamond is really good and what I'll be sticking with. Sound, feel, look, all excellent

2. The Graphite Design Tour AD VR 7X now has a Callaway adapter on it because it's just so good in the G410. I have to see if I can get it dialed in with the Triple. Too good not to.

Fairway woods:

Not sure on this yet as I've been so focused on the drivers.

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

> @JJK947 said:

> That Cally EF 3 wood looks awesome at address! Going out on a limb and saying the Cally's win in a close one, they are one up on looks, IMO.

>

> Any shafts that you think the VR plays close to? Either another graphite design or other manufacturers?

I’d say it’s very close to the IZ. I could play either one, but the VR just feels a little better imo.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

> @GC70 said:

> > @JJK947 said:

> > That Cally EF 3 wood looks awesome at address! Going out on a limb and saying the Cally's win in a close one, they are one up on looks, IMO.

> >

> > Any shafts that you think the VR plays close to? Either another graphite design or other manufacturers?

>

> I’d say it’s very close to the IZ. I could play either one, but the VR just feels a little better imo.

>

>

The IZ feels good but was a little loose for me. Feel is similar but what i like about the VR is it's more anti left and stays with the swing more when I go at one.

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

Happy 4th everyone

Played yesterday with the Graphite Design Tour AD VR 7X in the Cally and really liked it. I realized with this shaft I had to adjust some of my settings compared to the HZRDUS black. If you can get a hold of the new GD VR do it. Overall the Cally Triple Diamond is a clear winner and I have 4 shafts that i'm toying with to create the best setup for me.

Graphite Design Tour AD VR

Tensei White

Xphlexxx Agera

Proj X HZRDUS Black Smoke

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

I randomly found a ad vr for my m5 on proclubs website and took a shot at it from my kk xd. It had a cool clubs sticker for sst pure on it and in the exact specs I wanted. I can not agree more with your statements on the shaft. I never saw what GD was hyped for but man I love the VR. The feel is unreal and smooth but not whippy or loose.

• Like 1

> @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> J13- thanks for your thorough and honest review of these drivers. I have a EF TD in route now.

> What irons do you have in play?

Srixon 745's :smile:

Edel PROTO

Setup looks great! Still toying with 3 woods myself and never really thought about the standard flash but the plus 3 looks awesome at address, I fear the SZ 3w would be too low spin for a 3wood anyway.

Callaway Paradym 9* PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 60 6.0

Callaway Paradym 15* - PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 70 6.0

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 3 HB 20* - Tensei White 85 S

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-PW - DG 105 S300

Vokey SM9 50* - 54* - 58* - TT Wedge 

Odyssey White Hot OG 2 Ball

Titleist ProV1

> @Golfingfanatic said:

> How do you like the EF SZ 3+ ? Do you think it is a viable replacement for a 3deep? I am looking for a power 3 wood for off the tee use only.

Remember i'm using the standard 3+, not the SZ. 3Deep was a different animal but was great for rockets off the tee. Problem is the forgiveness level of the 3 Deep is nonexistent. I still have mine though, fun club to bring out every now and then.

> @SUPERG said:

> Setup looks great! Still toying with 3 woods myself and never really thought about the standard flash but the plus 3 looks awesome at address, I fear the SZ 3w would be too low spin for a 3wood anyway.

Standard 3+ fairway woods are played by a lot of guys on tour and I prefer it over the SZ 3+ as it spins a little more which means more control and it's a slightly larger head (about 10cc) which i like as it's a tee club for me on shorter par 4's. I melted mine in my shop so it sounds amazing as well. I've actually melted 3 of them in the last month for people. They are hard to find in shops but you can order them.

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @Golfingfanatic said:

> > How do you like the EF SZ 3+ ? Do you think it is a viable replacement for a 3deep? I am looking for a power 3 wood for off the tee use only.

>

> Remember i'm using the standard 3+, not the SZ. 3Deep was a different animal but was great for rockets off the tee. Problem is the forgiveness level of the 3 Deep is nonexistent. I still have mine though, fun club to bring out every now and then.

>

> > @SUPERG said:

> > Setup looks great! Still toying with 3 woods myself and never really thought about the standard flash but the plus 3 looks awesome at address, I fear the SZ 3w would be too low spin for a 3wood anyway.

>

> Standard 3+ fairway woods are played by a lot of guys on tour and I prefer it over the SZ 3+ as it spins a little more which means more control and it's a slightly larger head (about 10cc) which i like as it's a tee club for me on shorter par 4's. I melted mine in my shop so it sounds amazing as well. I've actually melted 3 of them in the last month for people. They are hard to find in shops but you can order them.

>

>

>

Nice! I'm talking to Will from TPG and he's got a +3 standard head I want him to hot melt a bit and shaft up for me. Good luck with your FW testing!

Callaway Paradym 9* PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 60 6.0

Callaway Paradym 15* - PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 70 6.0

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 3 HB 20* - Tensei White 85 S

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-PW - DG 105 S300

Vokey SM9 50* - 54* - 58* - TT Wedge 

Odyssey White Hot OG 2 Ball

Titleist ProV1

> @SUPERG said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @Golfingfanatic said:

> > > How do you like the EF SZ 3+ ? Do you think it is a viable replacement for a 3deep? I am looking for a power 3 wood for off the tee use only.

> >

> > Remember i'm using the standard 3+, not the SZ. 3Deep was a different animal but was great for rockets off the tee. Problem is the forgiveness level of the 3 Deep is nonexistent. I still have mine though, fun club to bring out every now and then.

> >

> > > @SUPERG said:

> > > Setup looks great! Still toying with 3 woods myself and never really thought about the standard flash but the plus 3 looks awesome at address, I fear the SZ 3w would be too low spin for a 3wood anyway.

> >

> > Standard 3+ fairway woods are played by a lot of guys on tour and I prefer it over the SZ 3+ as it spins a little more which means more control and it's a slightly larger head (about 10cc) which i like as it's a tee club for me on shorter par 4's. I melted mine in my shop so it sounds amazing as well. I've actually melted 3 of them in the last month for people. They are hard to find in shops but you can order them.

> >

> >

> >

>

> Nice! I'm talking to Will from TPG and he's got a +3 standard head I want him to hot melt a bit and shaft up for me. Good luck with your FW testing!

Nice, enjoy. It's a great head

Edel PROTO

So the driver test is officially over and the 3 wood test is pretty much a wrap.

Callaway Triple is phenomenal and I've recently been using the Tensei White 70TX which seems to be even better than the HZRDUS and VR for me. I do have a few other shafts i'm toying around with but for the most part the Tensei White is the stick.

3 wood

Callaway EF 3+ with HZRDUS Black won out over the LST simply because it's better off the tee. If I used 3 wood off the deck more I might have gone with the LST but Ping fairway woods continue to be too flat/shallow for me. I hope they decide to make a LST version thats more like the old anser. More compact, deeper face, more tee driven.

All in all i'm exhausted and really happy with the current bag. If any of the other shafts i'm toying with make the bag I'll be sure to update.

Last but not least the new putter is going well, Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow. I tried with the counter weight but hated it. Got the weight kit and removed the CB weight in the shaft and it came to life. Felt way too light in my hands and my speed was brutal. So far the only negative i have is the white hot grooved face is slower than the white hot standard face. I'm getting use to it, all in due time.

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

> @Obsessed said:

> J13..

> Is the Graphite Design Tour AD VR shaft for sale?

>

> if yes, please let me know.

>

> thanks

>

Not for sale at the moment haha Keeping that one close for now.

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> > J13- thanks for your thorough and honest review of these drivers. I have a EF TD in route now.

> > What irons do you have in play?

>

> Srixon 745's :smile:

>

I look into this thread from time to time and always forget to ask if you altered the lofts on your 745's. I also play 745's at Srixon's standard lofts (6 iron 28 deg,, 7 iron 32 deg,, 8 iron 36 deg etc...)

I am considering delofting them by 1 degree 4-8 iron so they would fall in line with the 945's (I also have a set of 945's, I guess I have a thing for 2014/15 Srixon offerings) Amazing that 1 degree has such an effect but it does with me. So just curious if you have delofted or kept standard?

I apologize if you have already answered this before but this is one long thread.

> @Steele47 said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> > > J13- thanks for your thorough and honest review of these drivers. I have a EF TD in route now.

> > > What irons do you have in play?

> >

> > Srixon 745's :smile:

> >

>

>

> I look into this thread from time to time and always forget to ask if you altered the lofts on your 745's. I also play 745's at Srixon's standard lofts (6 iron 28 deg,, 7 iron 32 deg,, 8 iron 36 deg etc...)

>

> I am considering delofting them by 1 degree 4-8 iron so they would fall in line with the 945's (I also have a set of 945's, I guess I have a thing for 2014/15 Srixon offerings) Amazing that 1 degree has such an effect but it does with me. So just curious if you have delofted or kept standard?

>

> I apologize if you have already answered this before but this is one long thread.

Kept mine standard loft as the distance gaps work for me. I agree though in regards to the 45 series. I will never understand why a company take a successful iron then decides to add more offset, especially for a players iron.

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @noodle3872 said:

> > It’s crazy how over the past couple years Ping has brought the heat with their woods. It’s like they came out of nowhere. They more than hold their own with TM and Callaway.

>

> Ping has a lot of brain power behind their clubs so it's not surprising to me. The Ping G400LST was a phenomenal offering and king of the hill IMO for the last few years. This year is a bit of a different story with Callaway bringing the heat with Epic Flash and Ping dropping the ball with the G410LST release. For those that like the forgivness of the G410 Plus but want a little lower spin, just grab a 10g weight and add the weight back to the head in the front. Works like a charm and i've done probably 8-10 heads like that in my shop. Drops around 150-200rpms if done right along with the rest of the build.

I'm getting ready to buy a Ping G410 Plus and was reading your review of it and they're great reviews. When you're talking about dropping the spin and adding weight to the front, you're changing the moveable weight for the 10g and putting weight in the front with hotmelt or leadtape, is that correct? How much hotmelt or leadtape does it take?

> @kyle75 said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @noodle3872 said:

> > > It’s crazy how over the past couple years Ping has brought the heat with their woods. It’s like they came out of nowhere. They more than hold their own with TM and Callaway.

> >

> > Ping has a lot of brain power behind their clubs so it's not surprising to me. The Ping G400LST was a phenomenal offering and king of the hill IMO for the last few years. This year is a bit of a different story with Callaway bringing the heat with Epic Flash and Ping dropping the ball with the G410LST release. For those that like the forgivness of the G410 Plus but want a little lower spin, just grab a 10g weight and add the weight back to the head in the front. Works like a charm and i've done probably 8-10 heads like that in my shop. Drops around 150-200rpms if done right along with the rest of the build.

>

> I'm getting ready to buy a Ping G410 Plus and was reading your review of it and they're great reviews. When you're talking about dropping the spin and adding weight to the front, you're changing the moveable weight for the 10g and putting weight in the front with hotmelt or leadtape, is that correct? How much hotmelt or leadtape does it take?

Ping heads are always on the heavier side so they don't leave much room for melt. As a result, I bought a lighter weight for the rear (like a 10g) and added the 6g back in the form of melt to the front of the head.

Edel PROTO

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM