BUYER BEWARE!!! COUNTERFEIT 410 PLUS’S ON THE MARKET

Purchased a Ping 410 Plus from a private seller in which I’ve made purchases before (he was innocent of any malice and gladly returned my money). Head was shafted with a GD IZ 5s. Everything passed the looks test as I had a 410 Lst head to compare. Things became suspicious when I measured out the shaft for tipping as it calculated to a two inch cut from the head end. Strange. Did a little simple math as I knew and uninstalled GD shaft is 46 inches and found that things didn’t pan out. Took off the grip and there wasn’t a laser etched serial number or the holographic sticker. Moved onto the head and will let the pictures tell the story. A little background. I’ve played the last six generations of Ping drivers and this thing passed the visual test. Side by side at address, there were no differences. The best counterfeit I’ve ever seen for a shaft and a driver head. Buyer beware as I wouldn’t doubt that these heads are in smaller stores as new or big box stores on trade in. I’ve held past generations of Ping counterfeit drivers and didn’t need more than a second to know they were fake. This thing was on another level (serial number passed and matched with Ping as a 410sft). Sorry for the lack of photos, once I found out it was fake, my focus was on getting my money back. dmcr1uh2y77r.jpeg

p02uw5aduc9w.jpeg

Here’s a list of what you should look out for:

1. The word “PLUS” was printed and as a result flat. Real deal has the wording raised to the touch.

2. Triangle beneath the serial number was not flush to the edge of the hosel.

3. Hot melt port was raised and for a star tool where as the real deal sits flush to the wall and is a hex pattern.

4. The words “Forged Face” was printed not laser etched like the real deal.

5. Sleeve was semi gloss (matte on the real) and the ferrule was gloss, not the rubber composite like it’s supposed to be. Ferrule was the correct shape. Fake sleeve fit into real head and vice versa.

6. Headcover stitching at the opening was close to the edge where as the real headcover has it an 1/8 of inch from the end. There are six red stripes on the headcover. The fake has it where they don’t taper. Head slid in easily to a real headcover whereas the fake was a little too snug halfway in. Font and colors are dead on.

7. The crown of the driver was virtually a dead match in looks and paint. No sloppy paint lines at all. On the fake, one of the two raised rail lines stopped a small amount short. I feel you would only be able to tell if you had the real head sitting side by side to the counterfeit.

I hope this helps someone out there from getting duped. These guys are getting really good

Jeez, I sell these things I couldn't tell the difference. Is it possible that these just came from different factories (i.e. the LST is made in a different place vs. the Plus hence the production delay)? Did you call to verify the serial number...if it did...it might just be another factory perhaps? Or a UK vs. NA thing?

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

Whoever masterminded this counterfeit went through the process to penetrate many lines of defense. This serial number belongs to a head from Japan. This makes it so the consumer believes any subtle differences are as a result of two different production lines. Once the serial number checks out, the consumer is fooled and the product can stay on the market undetected for a longer period of time. I fully believe this counterfeit was made to penetrate the legit online and small box store market. It was also good enough to trade in at your local big box store for credit so the reassurance of someone having a receipt from an authorized dealer is no longer a full-proof manner for the consumer to establish legitimacy if purchasing used. I’m not your “average” consumer and this product fooled me upon initial inspection. Had it not been for the odd measurements in the Graphite Design shaft, I wouldn’t have taken a more scrutinized look. Also, I was fortunate to have a legitimate head to do a more detailed inspection. This counterfeit will also fool your more sophisticated consumer.

Sucks of course, but damn great eye. The fake looks pretty good. The only thing that really stood out to me when looking at your initial pics was the "Forged Face". Those are definitely fake non-Ping "F's" on the fake. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Titleist Tsi3 8* HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX

Callaway Epic Flash FW 17* PX HZRDUS Smoke
Callaway Apex Pro Hybrid 19* Ventus Blue
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW Nippon Modus Pro
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL GW KBS $ Taper
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56*/10* DG Spinner
Callaway Mack Daddy PM 60*/12* KBS Hi Rev 2.0
Byron Morgan DH89
Taylormade TP5x

Maybe don’t start a discussion about a club if you’re not willing to.....discuss it?

> @joedizzy1978 said:

> Will be my last response to this post. To those questioning whether it’s not a fake, I think the evidence listed above is sufficient. I’m not here to debate, just want to raise awareness so that others don’t get scammed. Most, if not all other questions have been answered

• Like 4

> @12aces said:

>

> Maybe don’t start a discussion about a club if you’re not willing to.....discuss it?

> > @joedizzy1978 said:

> > Will be my last response to this post. To those questioning whether it’s not a fake, I think the evidence listed above is sufficient. I’m not here to debate, just want to raise awareness so that others don’t get scammed. Most, if not all other questions have been answered

>

>

Maybe the mods can develop an icon and put it next to his name so we know in the future not to question anything he posts.

• Like 1

I don't think it makes much sense to compare 2 different driver models and make a conclusion. The most logical explanation so far is that different factories produced the LST and Plus models resulting in the minor differences. The serial # checking out, but being some mastermind plan, seems quite the conspiracy theory. Now it could very well be a fake shaft in a legit head, especially with the recent flood of fake GD shafts. Did the PING serial # include info regarding the shaft? Or would PING only provide info on the head?

• Like 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Ping serial will show all information about the build, shaft, length, swingweight, etc.

The differences are consistent with my Plus head so I would tend to lean toward fake as well, especially that piece near the adjustable screw. I agree the whole grand conspiracy thing is reaching a little bit as well, but it’s good to know that there are potentially fakes out there as I don’t recall seeing many if any Pings being faked in the past.

Definitely fake. Compared to my 410+ and all the things you mentioned are pretty obvious once you know to look for them.

Ping G425 Max 9*, Aldila Rogue White 70s

Titleist TS3 4 wood, Diamana Kal’li 70s

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Mizuno S18 50*, PX 6.5

Cleveland CBX2 54*, DG s400 TI

Callaway MD4 58*, DG s400 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

> @thevaporz said:

> 100% fake. How do you guys not get that?

Its called a discussion man. What is wrong with people discussing the club in question? Are you able to answer my question that hasn't been touched yet?

**are you guys thinking a club like this is a complete fake, or an unfinished head that made its way out the back door, finished, then sold?!**

> @thevaporz said:

> 100% fake. How do you guys not get that?

I was just looking for a side by side with another Plus head for my own knowledge. The DHgate link from NFMOTO pretty much confirms it.

Driver - Titleist TSR3
Hybrid - Ping G430  
Irons - Titleist T 150 - MMT 125
Wedges - SM9 50,54,60
Putter - Scotty NP2

Lol to all the members questioning whether it’s fake. Ping’s quality control is very good. It’s obvious it’s a fake. My buddy has both 410 plus and LST. And I can guarantee it looks nothing like the fake that is posted. If you guys need absolute assurance whether it’s fake or not. I’m sure you can find time to run down to your local golf shop to compare.

• 5 months later...

Wish I would have seen this thread a few days ago! I bought a g410 plus locally and I had not heard of any fakes before I got it. I didn't pay much for it but the more I thought about the more it bugged me as to where it came from as I just bought the head and adapter. It was supposed supposed to be used but it looked new to me. It has some of the issues listed, like the arrow for the loft setting not being at the edge and the adapter is slightly different. But the text on sole for "-forged face-" is etched as it should be. I scratch it with my nail and it actually sands my nail. The biggest issue is that the head and adapter only weigh 190 grams. I added some rattle glue to it to get the weight up and threw a tour 65 shat in it and hit it today. It actually performed well. Keeping up with my g400 if not slightly longer. Here are some pics...

672DC0YTPCG3.jpg

S03GFUX7DHAY.jpg

4F016FZNLJV4.jpg

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

HFNKL5EDKYZV.jpgIt also has the hex screw for the hot melt port as it should.

S9AAG7ZCIIDN.jpg

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)

the other thing I noticed was that the paint line is missing around the loft number. It is the same on the fake that is pictured before in this thread but not on mine. Other than those couple of things this thing looks really good. I thought maybe it was stolen because of the price i got it for but after finding this thread i think someone purchased it and was just trying to recoup some of there money. I will get on a trackman here after the holidays and give it a good test just to see how it performs. But today i hit 30-40 shots with it and it was long with no crazy ball flights. it did have a different sound than my g400 but i did throw that rattle glue in it to get the weight up. If nothing else i will just keep it in my backup/travel bag. No way I could consciously sell this to anyone else. I am sure at some point the face will cave in or it will just explode! I am writing it off as a lesson learned

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

And the headcover looks damn good to me. Doesn't smell weird and stitching looks great! Crazy how much detail they can get on these.

TYSL9NY7OD90.jpg

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

Ive also seen fake G410 irons sets popping up on ebay lately as well. The fact that they are shipping direct from China is always a dead giveaway. G410 Golf Irons Golf Clubs Iron Set 4-9WUS 9Pcs Steel Graphite Black Shaft Drive | eBay G410 Golf Irons Golf Clubs Iron Set 4-9WUS 9Pcs Steel Graphite Black Shaft Drive | eBay

Driver:  Cobra Darkspeed LS 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 14* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1