Best Rain gear

chbrake

Any more feedback on the Footjoy LTS jacket and pant? I may be in Atlanta in a few weeks and will stop by Galway Bay if I can to try on their fit But besides them, the LTS line is just easier to get a hold of to try on and see locally. May end up with those for Ireland, but that trip is sneaking up on me and I need to plan on this rain gear.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

> @Minarets said:

> Any more feedback on the Footjoy LTS jacket and pant? I may be in Atlanta in a few weeks and will stop by Galway Bay if I can to try on their fit But besides them, the LTS line is just easier to get a hold of to try on and see locally. May end up with those for Ireland, but that trip is sneaking up on me and I need to plan on this rain gear.

I have one of those in the half zip pullover. It works fine in the rain but I wear it mostly as an outer layer in colder temps. Compared to goretex (or similar material) the Dryjoy feels a bit thicker and slightly stiffer (though still very playable).

I'm glad I saw this thread pop up today. Last week I left my Galvin Green Argo jacket at a local course and "surprisingly" it was not turned in. So I am now in the market for another one....until this one pops up on ebay. I have been pretty brand loyal to GG the last 5 years or so but the one thing I loved about the Argo is how lightweight it was and that it wasn't just a plain black jacket.

Initially wanted to just rebuy the same exact jacket but turns out the blue color must have been pretty popular because there are none to be found unless you are a XS or XXL. Probably going to be looking for the same things in a new jacket - short sleeve, lightweight, GoreTex, not plain black.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Planning a trip to Bandon this Fall - needed a heavy duty rain jacket that was suitable for multiple layers (expecting as wide a range of weather as possible).

I was able to try it on locally, but Function18 had a sale on the GG Andres jacket (~25% off). i especially liked the side velcro straps to maintain a good fit. Will post pics later, but as this thread has proven, GG is a consistent contender for 'best rain gear'.

I found a good deal on a GG Alvin I will probably pickup. In the meantime I pulled out a FJ short sleeve thats been in my closet for a few years now. I had washed it before it got put away and its still in good shape - its a Dryjoy XP or Dryjoy Tour - something like that, I think it was their best short sleeve you could buy when I bought it. Treated it with some Grangers, tossed it in the dryer and gave it the hose test - beads up pretty darn good. It will go in the bag for the time being.

Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Are the LTX pants from Footjoy also lined like the jacket?

> @cristphoto said:

> Acushnet (Dryjoy, etc.) just purchased Kjus.

Saw this last night - I think its a great move for them.

I saw a Sunice waterproof jacket in our pro shop yesterday that I really liked, short sleeve, it was super comfortable. When I went home and was looking up reviews I found it on Sierra for $29. Crazy price but it will be a great backup for now - I dont remember the name of "their" version of waterproofing but it said it was 100% waterproof (Sunice Sullivan Zephal). Still will keep my eyes open for a new GG short sleeve.

Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Decided to go for the Peter Millar Albatross rain jacket and pants (see post #625, thanks soonernick). Ordered size XL in both, and fit is near perfect for me (6'-3", 225). Information and specs shown in attached photos.

huxxjdbrwz3c.jpg

mpooxu2c9373.jpg

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

More pics!! I thought about the navy set as well. Did you go gray or navy? How is the stretch? Feel nice?

> @Minarets said:

> More pics!! I thought about the navy set as well. Did you go gray or navy? How is the stretch? Feel nice?

Gray jacket, navy pants (pants not available in gray); quite lightweight with really nice lining; small amount of stretch.

Jacket has waterproof, full-length front zip, 2 side pockets with waterproofs zips, and sleeves are elasticized with velcro fasteners; inner drawstrings to cinch waist and hips; back is plenty long enough to cover pants went bent over.

Pants have 2 side pockets with waterproofs zips, 2 back pockets with waterproof zips, waterproof zippered fly; back of waist is elasticized with drawstring to cinch tighter (but no belt loops); waterproof zips on lower leg openings with velcro fasteners.

After thinking about the fit some more, I decided to order another pair of pants in size L, because the XL has a tendency to slide off my waist; will keep the better fitting size and return the other.

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

> @chris975d said:

> > @cristphoto said:

> > Acushnet (Dryjoy, etc.) just purchased Kjus.

>

> Totally unexpected, but I love this move. Makes my rain gear testing obsession much easier on the wallet when I can buy at wholesale cost/PUD!

>

How did you end up liking the FJ LTS gear? Are the pants lined as well, like the jacket?

> @Minarets said:

> > @chris975d said:

> > > @cristphoto said:

> > > Acushnet (Dryjoy, etc.) just purchased Kjus.

> >

> > Totally unexpected, but I love this move. Makes my rain gear testing obsession much easier on the wallet when I can buy at wholesale cost/PUD!

> >

>

> How did you end up liking the FJ LTS gear? Are the pants lined as well, like the jacket?

I think I've mentioned it in one of these rain gear threads, but I'm ok with the LTS jacket. Waterproofing is fine so far, but one thing I have found is that it's very warm (for me)...holds heat in....like GoreTex hot. I will say that the heat does seem to be kept in even during winter, whereas the heat that GoreTex tends to trap cools very quickly in winter use, so, I guess in that aspect, the LTS is better. In it's defense, it is kind of designed for heat capture, retention, and regulation (it stays warm regardless of outside temperature for me), so I've found it does what it says for the most part. But it's not a jacket I personally would prefer for summer use at all.

As far as the pants, I've never been a fan of FootJoy pants, and generally don't use them or try them too much. I do not like the bottoms with the extra long velcro closures that are designed to be hemmed/to allow hemming. I prefer pants that come in descrete lengths, such as my PX5s or even some of my Galvin Greens. But as far as pants go, my preferred pant is the PX5, and it's not even close. I've worn those in just about all kinds of extreme conditions working and playing on the course, and they are far and away my favorite. Both in terms of performance and comfort/fit.

> @TNGolfGeek said:

> Decided to go for the Peter Millar Albatross rain jacket and pants (see post #625, thanks soonernick). Ordered size XL in both, and fit is near perfect for me (6'-3", 225). Information and specs shown in attached photos.

Interested to hear how you like it and how it fits - I saw that it was on sale for ~$200. Not bad IMO for something with that waterproof rating.

Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

So, the pops and I are taking a trip to Ireland in 18 months to play and my current rain gear is junk. Looking for recommendations for new rain gear, both jacket and pants. I am not brand loyal and I wouldn't mind buying different brands for each. Not sure if Gore-Tex is the way to go or some other companies propreitary technology.

In order of importance;

1. Stay dry

2. Be Breathable (I'd rather layer up underneath a jacket, want it to be versaitle to wear in summer)

3. Non-swing restrictive

Appreciate everyone's help

Here is my viewpoint on this. Personally I own two FJ rain suits. And love them. One is last year's XP and is a bit heavier for colder weather and the others is the one below that and a bit lighter perfect for rain in Phoenix. (It does happen!)

But... Over at Royal Portrush the majority of local fans used Galvin Green. Tells me it must be the best as they "need" the best.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @Joelsim said:

> > @"Brick Tamland" said:

> > > @jwortsman said:

> > > If you're a big boy, like me, Kjus has the 3L in Gray for $199 right now. Size 58 only, which best as I can tell is equivalent to an XL/XXL

> > Man, I need the Pro 3L in size 50 on sale, gotta keep my eye out...

> >

>

> I got mine here, I’m pretty sure they are a Kjus official clearance house. Certainly no problems with the jacket or pants I bought from them. You’ll need to use your Google translator though. They do sell on eBay too.

>

> https://www.golf-for-life.at/produkt/kjus-men-pro-3l-jacket-regenjacke-herren/

>

Where is this company located? I'm very interested in buying some Kjus merchandise from this site...

What about Sunderland? Never hear about it over hear in the states but i have some friends over in Scotland that swear it’s the standard in rain gear. Well, as much as I’d like to trust that, why wouldn’t more hear try them then? Their pricing is really good on the site. $200 for their best waterproof jacket? And they ship to US. What am I missing?

And they offer lifetime waterproof warranty.

> @jwortsman said:

> Millar just put their Albatross rain gear on for 30% off (some colors). Will likely go 50 in a few weeks (if history is any indication), but take your chances if you wait.

Good call - they opened up the 50% sale but the good stuff was all sold out - definitely would have bought one at that price.

Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

> @Minarets said:

> What about Sunderland? Never hear about it over hear in the states but i have some friends over in Scotland that swear it’s the standard in rain gear. Well, as much as I’d like to trust that, why wouldn’t more hear try them then? Their pricing is really good on the site. $200 for their best waterproof jacket? And they ship to US. What am I missing?

>

> And they offer lifetime waterproof warranty.

When I was at Pinehurst a few years ago one day it was rainy and I noticed virtually all the caddies were wearing Sunderland. Assuming they know what works that’s a pretty good endorsement.

> @cristphoto said:

>

>

> > @Minarets said:

> > What about Sunderland? Never hear about it over hear in the states but i have some friends over in Scotland that swear it’s the standard in rain gear. Well, as much as I’d like to trust that, why wouldn’t more hear try them then? Their pricing is really good on the site. $200 for their best waterproof jacket? And they ship to US. What am I missing?

> >

> > And they offer lifetime waterproof warranty.

>

> When I was at Pinehurst a few years ago one day it was rainy and I noticed virtually all the caddies were wearing Sunderland. Assuming they know what works that’s a pretty good endorsement.

>

>

May ask them what’s up as I’ll be at Pinehurst next week.

> @Minarets said:

> What about Sunderland? Never hear about it over hear in the states but i have some friends over in Scotland that swear it’s the standard in rain gear. Well, as much as I’d like to trust that, why wouldn’t more hear try them then? Their pricing is really good on the site. $200 for their best waterproof jacket? And they ship to US. What am I missing?

>

> And they offer lifetime waterproof warranty.

Sunderland was the standard in the US for rain gear, before Zero Restriction became available. I have an old Goretex rain jacket, and, (non-goretex) rain shirt convertable to a short sleeve. Since, they were from many years ago, they are a bit heavy and over-sized, they still keep me dry, though, I lost some weight, and, don't wear them much anymore. The new stuff should be lighter, and, for the prices through Golfsupport, they would seem to be a good deal. You should search for reviews, if you are interested. Otherwise, I think it would be cool idea to buy it as trip souvenir.

Nothing on the Sunderland golf site suggests they do anything with GoreTex anymore

But everything says it’s waterproof. The jackets or waterproof for a lifetime and the pants or three years

I agree that Zero Restriction is great. Deals can be found if you shop on line and are patient. I have a couple suits from them and don’t remember ever spending more than $150 per piece. TGW and Carl’s Golfland often blow out prices when the new year models arrive. Dryjoy rain gear virtually never goes on sale which takes them off my wish list.

> @sbrylant said:

> > @Joelsim said:

> > > @"Brick Tamland" said:

> > > > @jwortsman said:

> > > > If you're a big boy, like me, Kjus has the 3L in Gray for $199 right now. Size 58 only, which best as I can tell is equivalent to an XL/XXL

> > > Man, I need the Pro 3L in size 50 on sale, gotta keep my eye out...

> > >

> >

> > I got mine here, I’m pretty sure they are a Kjus official clearance house. Certainly no problems with the jacket or pants I bought from them. You’ll need to use your Google translator though. They do sell on eBay too.

> >

> > https://www.golf-for-life.at/produkt/kjus-men-pro-3l-jacket-regenjacke-herren/

> >

>

> Where is this company located? I'm very interested in buying some Kjus merchandise from this site...

Company is in Austria I believe. I bought some Kjus pants from them after buying the jacket on sale directly from Kjus. I think shipping was $20 via UPS. I ordered on a Saturday and I think it was delivered on Wednesday or Thursday.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ogio rain gear? Hmm never knew they were in this space?

https://www.ogio.com/outerwear/all-elements-rain-jacket/spr4786832.html